Melbourne

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
(teams); Milan, Barca, Man Utd, South Melbourne
Passion for *9* said:
K-J said:
like savicevic stated, prime ages differ per position

My *main beef* however is that we will have an old defense for too long (+ old also means more susceptible to injury !) + miss out on integrating young players now + thus will have to make very radical changes in 2 years whereas rejuvenating the backline gradually seems a lot wiser in terms of maintaining continuity + consistency.

By the world best right back isnt going to hurt our consistency. Yes a few younger players would be nice but to pass up Stam would be mad.

Edi

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Kaka,
I just don’t understand you guys that don’t want Stam in Milan.We all agree that he is a world class defender but some of you think he is old and want Milan to buy a younger player.I think that he is old but if Milan want to buy him I’m ok with that because he is great.And maybe Milan will buy a younger defender!!Who knows!!!And don’t forget we have Colocini which is definitely better than Laursen and Roque. The bottom line is that Stam does not cost to much and he is a great defnder.You are arguing for no reason!If Milan want to buy him that’s ok.I bet Milan have a strategy of buying players and I’m certain that they are doing the right thing.They know better than we do.Stam will definitely (if he comes) make our squad more competitive and if he helps us win titles I don’t see how that can be a bad thing.Remember when Laursen and Roque came to Milan people were saying that Laursen is talented has a great future but we all saw that they suck big time.So I will take Stam over some young player any day.

acmilan1988

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Ok, I wouldn't mind if we get Stam for cheap price......as long as we also buy young defenders....

I just realize that we have great defenders in Youth Team, such as Coloccini.....I hope he'll be in the first team next year and replaces Laursen or R.Junior.

We definitely have to sell R.Junior and Laursen if they don't improve by the end of the season. Keep in mind that they both are still below 25...I guess.

acmilan1988

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Oh yeah, one more thing....

We could play 3 defenders on the back if Stam comes.

Dida
Stam Nesta Maldini
Gattuso Pirlo Seedorf
Kaka Rui
Sheva Tomasson(or Inzaghi when he is in form)

or we could use 6 midfields

Dida
Stam Nesta Maldini
Gattuso Ambrossini Seedorf
Pirlo
Kaka Rui
Sheva

Wow, What a defense!!!!! It will be the best trio defenders in the world!!!

r4gs

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
How true can we say Stam and Milan are right now confirmed to be in the same sentence?

I'd like to know..i hate media attention which more often than not serve to destabilise the harmony in the players of the club concerned...

Melbourne

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
acmilan1988 said:

Dida
Stam Nesta Maldini
Gattuso Pirlo Seedorf
Kaka Rui

--
Dida
Stam Nesta Maldini
Pirlo
Kaka Rui
Sheva

------------Dida------------
---Stam--Nesta--Maldini--
------------Pirlo------------
-Gattuso-Ambro-Seedorf-
---Rui Costa---------------
--------------------Kaka---
-----------Sheva-----------

acmilan1988

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Melbourne said:
acmilan1988 said:

Dida
Stam Nesta Maldini
Gattuso Pirlo Seedorf
Kaka Rui

--
Dida
Stam Nesta Maldini
Pirlo
Kaka Rui
Sheva

-Gattuso-Ambro-Seedorf-

Well, I think it should be like this..:

----------------------Dida----------------------
-------Stam---------Nesta-----------Maldini--
---Gattuso--------Ambrossini------Seedorf--
----------------------Pirlo-----------------------
---------Rui Costa------------------------------
----------------------------------Kaka----------
--------------------Shevchenko----------------

I put Pirlo there because i think it's good to have two def-mid in front of the back four lines so that Pirlo could pass/assist the ball more often and not defending. Then Rui and Kaka can help Sheva.

what u think??

Melbourne

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
acmilan1988 said:
Melbourne said:
acmilan1988 said:

Dida
Stam Nesta Maldini
Gattuso Pirlo Seedorf
Kaka Rui

--
Dida
Stam Nesta Maldini
Pirlo
Kaka Rui
Sheva

-Gattuso-Ambro-Seedorf-

Well, I think it should be like this..:

----------------------Dida----------------------
-------Stam---------Nesta-----------Maldini--
---Gattuso--------Ambrossini------Seedorf--
----------------------Pirlo-----------------------
---------Rui Costa------------------------------
----------------------------------Kaka----------
--------------------Shevchenko----------------

I put Pirlo there because i think it's good to have two def-mid in front of the back four lines so that Pirlo could pass/assist the ball more often and not defending. Then Rui and Kaka can help Sheva.

what u think??

Very nice on paper but it dont think itd work. A back 3 is fine if the rest of your formation supports it. playing a 3-3-1-3-1 isnt a realistic tatic. No room in the middle and wed get raped on the wings.

-----------------------/---------------------
-----------/-----------/-----------/----------
-----------/-----------/-----------/----------
-----------------------/----------------------
-----------/-----------------------/----------
-----------------------/----------------------

Just far too narow i reckon.

acmilan1988

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Gattuso and Seedorf are the wings...While Ambro can fight for the ball in the middle.
Also Cafu and Serginho can be on the wings

acmilan1988

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Lazio make offer to Lecce striker Chevanton
tribalfootball.com - February 20, 2004

Lazio are in talks with Lecce striker Javier Chevanton.
The Uruguay international will be sold at the end of the season and is highly-rated by Lazio trainer Roberto Mancini.

A £4 million offer is being drawn up for the striker, with personal terms already close to being struck at around £450,000-a-year.

Meanwhile, it has been revealed Lazio are set to receive £7 million from AC Milan for defender Jaap Stam, plus a choice of either Martin Laursen or Marco Borriello on a 12-month loan.

7 Million for Jaap Stam!!!!??????

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
acmilan1988 said:
Meanwhile, it has been revealed Lazio are set to receive £7 million from AC Milan for defender Jaap Stam, plus a choice of either Martin Laursen or Marco Borriello on a 12-month loan.

7 Million for Jaap Stam!!!!??????

What a waste... His contract expires next year, doesn't it ? Juve don't want him either, so why offer more than he's worth ? He's not even that brilliant, a cut above Laursen yea... but most definitely NOT the best in the world :o He's 32, damn ! Maldini 36... And you guys come up with ideas such as a back 3 + then try to compensate the deficits there by fielding 5, 6, 7 ;) def mids... :rolleyes:

02/19/2004. Just a couple of days after Lazio defender Jaap Stam said he didn't wish to join Juventus, Bianconeri director general Luciano Moggi has revealed that the club don't want him anyway.
"Who's asked him here?" said Moggi. "It is our objective to bring in some younger defenders because we already have enough players over the age of 30."
Those younger players are thought to be Parma pair Matteo Ferrari and Daniele Bonera. The duo would cost five and seven million euros respectively.
SA Italy

unrossonero

vüsa minga!
Reaction score
Passion for *9* said:
02/19/2004. Just a couple of days after Lazio defender Jaap Stam said he didn't wish to join Juventus, Bianconeri director general Luciano Moggi has revealed that the club don't want him anyway.
"Who's asked him here?" said Moggi. "It is our objective to bring in some younger defenders because we already have enough players over the age of 30."
Those younger players are thought to be Parma pair Matteo Ferrari and Daniele Bonera. The duo would cost five and seven million euros respectively.
SA Italy
ah well ... :D :D ... if moggi says so we do believe him, right? :devil2: ... this seems pretty much fedrus's fable (the fox and the grapes) :D
or maybe there's another truth: juve's balance sheets are not going to be so good this year and they can't afford spending at all ;)

>>Quanto a Nedved, invece, il sospetto è che sia la Juventus a volerlo vendere per fare cassa e acquisire in questo modo un maggior margine di manovra sul prossimo mercato di quello che le concede il bilancio (-22,5 milioni di euro il risultato netto a metà esercizio). <<
(from http://www.gazzetta.it/primi_piani/calcio/2004/pp_1.0.301373826.shtml)

for the moment stam is not a deal yet anyway ... we'll see where all these defenders go ... torino doesn't seem so trendy anymore, especially for young defenders :devil3: (ask legrottaglie ;) )

DonippoKakaShevdini

Santo Baresi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Der Franco
unrossonero said:
percik said:
Girl.. It came from my mind absolutely from somewhere deep. And it is in full manner describes my attitude to this "prolific" striker
:devil3: :devil3: :devil3:

actually, it just describes how inadequate your approach is ... it really seems you're talking about something you have no idea about ... pretty much as when you try to amuse us with your verbose and eccentric ideas about football.

btw, it mustn't be the only concept coming from very deep inside you :rolleyes: ... how on earth can <<unrossonero>> be the nick for a girl? :conf: ... you're weird, percik :eek: ... come on, hallo? we are on planet earth! wakie wakie :D

Amico....just ignore him....much like any sort of life does.

r4gs

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Actually..i think Percik is refering to the fact that she is a she..as in Percik is a girl...:D

Tommy Sheva

Beginner
Reaction score
throw r. junior & m. laursen away... all of them dont deserve to wear milan's shirt....let's hope milan'd buy some fabulous player to back up who gets injured... :devil: :devil2:

mad4milan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
One of the latest rumours is that they'd offer to loan either Laursen or Borriello as part of the deal...

r4gs

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
It would be fine if we sent Laursen or Borriello the other way in exchange for Stam..actually why don't we just loan Stam from Lazio instead of signing him? We can pay for his wages and that will at least take away some financial strain from Lazio..thereafter Lazio can choose to sell him to whomever they want...

mad4milan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
The problem with that is he has one year left in his contract (2005) + Nazio doesn't want him to leave for free.

A loan to Milan doesn't solve anything for them...

r4gs

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Well..i don't know what they want to do with Stam..but i would rather wait the one year instead of paying a transfer fee for Stam..the thing would be that in one years time..Stam would be pretty much at the twilight of his career..and isn't going to provide as much defensively as he can at the moment...

We really should look for someone slightly younger but well-established and an Italian... Perhaps we should save Fabio Cannavaro from personal destruction at Inter..heh...

Melbourne

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
acmilan1988 said:
Gattuso and Seedorf are the wings...While Ambro can fight for the ball in the middle.
Also Cafu and Serginho can be on the wings

Gattuso and Seedorf arnt wingers. I dont think itd be good to play them as wingers. I like Serginho but i dont think he is goo enough for a commend first team 11 player.

r4gs

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
You do know that Serginho has the best left foot in Milan right? Arguably he is also the best set-piece taker..power with pin point accuracy..of course this is when Sergio is really on form..otherwise he just fades into the dust...

mad4milan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Serginho's been out of form this season. Donno if the injuries are creeping up on him or reaching the end of his career... Or a combination of both.

r4gs said:
Well..i don't know what they want to do with Stam..but i would rather wait the one year instead of paying a transfer fee for Stam..
Well, they made it pretty clear. If he doesn't sign an extention next summer, they're selling him. If Milan and/or others really want him, they're going to have to take out the check book.

r4gs said:
Perhaps we should save Fabio Cannavaro from personal destruction at Inter..heh...
It has already started...

r4gs

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Well i think it's more than started..Fabio Cannavaro's decline is almost at its completion! I mean..he has been poor for Inter this season and his performances for Italy have waned in comparison..i think the Azzuri captain's armband should go to Nesta instead...

hypnotize

Primavera
Reaction score
tribalfootball said:
AC Milan agree Stam fee with Lazio
tribalfootball.com - February 29, 2004

AC Milan and Lazio have agreed terms over the transfer of defender Jaap Stam.
While personal terms were struck a fortnight ago between Milan and the Dutch defender, the two clubs have been haggling over a figure for the ex-Manchester United favourite.

Milan will pay Lazio £7.5 million for Stam at the end of the season.

Any comments about this? I, myself happy to hear this.

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
:mad: £7.5 million for a 32 year old whose contract runs out next season... Milan are generous, aren't they ? I hope the fee includes a win against Lazio tonight :o I've expressed my opinion at length here, so I keep it short: It's a costly short-term patch-up. Nothing more. No investment in the future, no investment in the scudetto. I wonder what his annual salary will be... Let's just hope he won't lose his form over the summer :o

acmilan1988

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Wow £7.5 million !!!!! :eek:

That is ridicoulous. I hope it's not confirmed yet. We have to lower the price Galliani!!!!!

PaTtA_9

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
the thing is, we buy stam and he will probably retire around when maldini does (maybe earlier) so that leaves us a hole which would have been filled had we signed bonera. i dont understand why we dont sign bonera!! ill be very disapointed if it turns out juve, inter or roma signs him before we do

Schedule