Super Berlusconi + Galliani Thread

Should Galliani stay or go?

• Total voters

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Happy birthday, dottore!

Galliani: "On Thursday night I will be at San Siro. Berlusconi is still informed on the situation & Milan will always remain in his heart."

#TillDeathDoUsApart

Andromeda

^AC.Milan Girl^
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini
Galliani: "On Thursday night I will be at San Siro. Berlusconi is still informed on the situation & Milan will always remain in his heart."

#TillDeathDoUsApart

Epic :star:

Happy birthday Galliani 🌺

Zeusftw

#WeAreSoRich
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Singer, Leonardo, Maldini, Romagnoli Capitano, Bakayoko, Kessie, Suso, Caldara, Calibria
Guess who just got back today
Them wild-eyed boys that had been away
Haven't changed that much to say
But man, I still think them cats are
crazy
DAiJwvMW0AAeOC_.jpg

I hope to look as good as Braida when I'm old. Holy fuck is he handsome

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Where I fell in love with G...

Ancelotti recalls in his book how excited he was having just watched Kaka in his 1st ever training at Milan that he rang G to thank him and report to him abt Kaka... called started:

Ancelotti: "Hello, Adriano, I have good news"
Galliani: "Carletto, are you leaving?"

Lol! Lol! One cool bastard!

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
https://investobet.com/blog/academy-product-cutrone-living-the-dream-among-milan-s-big-names

Whatever you make of the tail-end of the Berlusconi era, the decision to place greater emphasis on Milan's academy, six months before the sales of Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Thiago Silva to PSG, is now bearing fruit. Aware that he could no longer keep up with the oligarchs and the sheikhs, austerity begot autarky. Berlusconi remembered that when he bought Milan in 1986, its academy had produced or was in the process of producing players like Franco Baresi, Billy Costacurta, Paolo Maldini, Filippo Galli and Demetrio Albertini. The time had come for it to start pumping out greatness again and, over the last two years at least, it has furnished the first team with some top talent.

:proud:

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Galliani: “We did everything possible to keep Shevchenko in 2006, Kaka arrived because Braida and Leonardo pushed hard, we nearly signed Figo…”

Adriano Galliani has shared some interesting stories from his 30 years at Milan, including one in which ‘we were convinced Donadoni had died’ and a few about Shevchenko, Kaka and even Dzeko.

Galliani was a guest on the MilanTV show ‘Talk Milan’ on Friday night and in addition to confirming that these are his last 3 weeks with the Diavolo, the current CEO also told anecdotes about some events and players from the past 30 years.

At the start of the program, Galliani spoke directly to Andriy Shevchenko through the telephone, and shared a story concerning the brilliant former striker: “We when won the Champions League in 2003 against Juventus we did a gala dinner and there was a very famous psychiatrist sitting next to me. And I asked him: ‘Is it normal that it’s been 20 days since the final and every time I see the Shevchenko penalty I still fear that he will miss? Is it serious?’ And he replied: ‘It is irrecoverable’ [Sheva laughs in the background]. A big hug and thanks to you for everything you’ve done for Milan!

“The exit of Sheva in 2006 [he’s believed to have left because his wife wanted to move to London]? We tried so hard and President Silvio Berlusconi did everything possible to make him stay. That day I continued to tell him I was ready to tear up his contract. That year we were the top-ranked team in the world. I told him: ‘See Andriy, if you don’t score with us for a few weeks, the fans will still remember your goals. At Chelsea that won’t happen.’ If he had stayed, he would certainly have surpassed Gunnar Nordahl’s total, but it was a decision that we had to respect. I count the goal that was cancelled against Barcelona in 2006 [in the second leg of the semi-finals] so he has 176 goals.”

Galliani went on to speak about Manuel Rui Costa and Kaka, revealing what he had to do in order to sign the Brazilian: “I admire Rui Costa a lot,” Uncle Fester said on the former Fiorentina and Diavolo trequartista. “He was a great player and he always behaved well. After a few training sessions with Kaka he said: ‘He is better than me!’, and that’s something I heard from very few players in 30 years.

“Kaka’s arrival? It’s because of Braida and Leonardo who pushed very hard. I believed in what I was told and had this crazy intuition. We didn’t have place in the squad for a non-EU player. I said: ‘who knows, maybe something will happen’ and then I gave Mohammed Aliyu Datti to Standard Liege. I called my friend [then Liege VP] Luciano D’Onofrio and told him: ‘You have to take this non-EU player… we will pay his salary but you have to take him from us to create us space for Kaka.'”

Galliani on the 2nd leg of the 2003 Champions League semi-final between Milan and Inter [finished 1-1, Shevchenko scored the first goal]: “There was a mistake by Billy [Costacurta] and Obafemi Martins scored [in the 84′ minute]. Then the dramatic stuff happened, my heart froze: In the 87‘ minute, Mohamed Kallon got to a 1v1 with Abbiati but the ball hit Christian’s calf and went out.

“If the ball went in then there would’ve been not Manchester, no anything. That was Abbiati’s life policy, I told him then: ‘From this moment, you decide when you want to stop [leave / retire] and in fact this year it was he who decided to retire [Abbiati was sitting next to him in the studio last night].”

For years, fans around the world considered Galliani to be a transfer guru and he is pretty much partly or directly responsible for every Champion (and Flop) that wore the Rossoneri jersey. But as he revealed last night, there were many players that got away, from Rivaldo in 2000 (although the Brazilian later joined the club in 2002) to current joint-Serie A top scorer, Roma’s Edin Dzeko.

“Milan were playing the Centenary game against Real Madrid in the summer of 2000, but [former Director of Sport] Ariedo Braida and I weren’t there to see it, because we were with Rivaldo’s agent, trying to sign him,” Galliani, who turned 72 on June 30th, said. “We were unable to sign him.

“There are many stories of players who were on the verge of joining us and then didn’t arrive. One of those is Figo – every time I see him, I give him a little punch. Another? A few years ago, I tried to sign Dzeko and spent three days hidden in a Sarajevo hotel along with Braida. Lately the media always seem to catch me, though [this summer he was caught on his secret Pjaca mission in Zagreb].”

A different Galliani story from last night is about the city of Belgrade, in particular the match against Red Star on the 10th of November 1989. “I remember during the interval of a game we then won against Red Star on penalties… we were convinced Donadoni had died,” the former Monza man said.

“Donadoni had a knock and wasn’t breathing anymore. He had gone completely blue. A nurse who went on to the pitch saved his life. The boys played the second half convinced that Donadoni was dead or dying. We were all crying during half-time [Roberto suffered head trauma and a fractured jaw following a clash with Vasilievic and had nearly swallowed his tongue as the medical staff performed the mouth-to-mouth; Milan went on to winning that European Cup campaign – the 4th of out 7].”

Galliani has a lot more stories and surely many of them will be told in the next weeks and months when after 30 years of being one of the two strongest men at Milan, he’ll become just a regular fan.

http://www.rossoneriblog.com/2016/1...d-leonardo-pushed-hard-we-nearly-signed-figo/

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Romagnoli Beckham Berlusconi Pep Donnarumma
Happy Birthday my God. I wish you could live for another 100 years.

May the poor get poorer and you get richer my lord.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
The themed gift came after Putin previously gave the 81-year-old a double bed, where, in 2008, prostitute Patrizia D’Addario alleged Berlusconi slept with her.

:lol:

Will someone get yellow sheets in the future then?

Fusiproe12

Stadio Grande Silvio Berlusconi Milano
Reaction score
can't forget when :b: showed, very proud, a fake image of him young with the ACM jersey 02-03 :lol::lol::lol:

berluscaz2.gif

"once I was a Milan player"

berl.png

:proud::proud::proud:

Last edited:

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Has Galliani been to more games than you since he's not part of the club?
Me (I'll start): No.

At least 4th today.
DMvm7pvXcAEflaa.jpg

So: Yes, Galliani has been to more Milan games after the takeover than I've ever visited.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Always the biggest fan.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
dream scenario

mediaset win big with their lawsuit, galliani as the mediaset presidente (with berlu's approval) decides to buy back milan from elliot.

Galliani = Milan's new presidente

Leonardo = sporting director

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
dream scenario

mediaset win big with their lawsuit, galliani as the mediaset presidente (with berlu's approval) decides to buy back milan from elliot.

Galliani = Milan's new presidente

Leonardo = sporting director

:star::star::star::star::star:

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
How stupid are these italians...

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
^wow

insult, anti italian bias

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Official: Super Berlusconi + Galliani Thread

Has he got the mediaset compensation yet? Can he please buy us back from Elliott next winter?