• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
Pioli's stubbornness on Giroud is becoming truly alarming.

Origi has been a great flop so far but imo he deserves a few games propped up by a functioning attack(which we haven't seen in a while, granted). Giroud now is played ONLY because his ability to score goals from nothing, he contributes literally nothing outside that. That's been the case for a long time but it was less of an issue when we created some play with the rest of our team.

I'm hoping to see the CDK-Origi-Leao front three in the not too distant future, for more than a one game experiment as well.
At the bare minimum he should be doing the Saelly Messias flip-flop for our CF's

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Pioli's stubbornness on Giroud is becoming truly alarming.

Origi has been a great flop so far but imo he deserves a few games propped up by a functioning attack(which we haven't seen in a while, granted). Giroud now is played ONLY because his ability to score goals from nothing, he contributes literally nothing outside that. That's been the case for a long time but it was less of an issue when we created some play with the rest of our team.

I'm hoping to see the CDK-Origi-Leao front three in the not too distant future, for more than a one game experiment as well.
I rather see Rebic and Origi.

Rebic just to piss off MB, Origi just to make wild happy :lol:

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Curupira today:

2f6790ae081aa8f190532c8865c1a3d4

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
If we fall out of top 4, we were 2nd at the half way mark. Do we choose to look at it as "well hey, we at least had something going for this season" instead of an absolute failure, even for DaPlan?
It would be a failure. But that's not even addressing my point, though. You are talking about the 12 point difference, without context. It's like talking about Conte being like two points behind Juve when he lost with Inter the first year, when Juve stopped trying the last few rounds.

Quick google search tells me he had more than 1 season at both Lazio and Fiorentina.
Yeah, you're really trying to run with this thing that it's about 1 season. Pioli time at Fiorentina, Lazio, and Inter were all supposed to be "blueprints" for what would happen at Milan. They haven't. You can keep trying. I don't know why. But Godspeed on your quest.

Yea so? Does Scudetto automatically raise your teams level? If your teams level was to compete for CL the season before and the season after, what makes you say the Scudetto is the rule and not the exception?
The Scudetto is a pretty big data point. Whether you are gauging "expectations" or whether you are talking about "progress" or a "plan."

It's being treated like a cup-run. It is a league title. League titles require consistency. It's just a big thing that if you want to talk about Pioli being "found out" that you have to deal with. I don't think you do, if I'm being honest.

You want to bring up post-covid but what about this? All Pioli's work as well that season. Those didn't contribute to us finishing 6th? Why should I only care about post-covid?
Sure, you want to talk about Pioli's results, sure, let's go. More context. Why not? Let's talk about how injuries ruins his plans? Let's talk about the refs aiding Napoli and Inter in keeping last year even close? I mean, my point is that you expand and contract context as it suits you.

If anything, doesn't this go against the idea that Pioli starts out hot then gets found out? He started like shit and then got better? Please respond to this point.

Bro, I think I've explained Tata in multiple ways now, I don't know if you are just missing the point on purpose so you can make the narrative of "you guys spin as well".
I want you to bring the same energy for Thiaw as you do for Tata. You said (and it was a fair point) that you expect more from Bennacer. Cool. Now go after Tata's previous performances like... Pobega or Messias or Salad. If you're going to hang your hat on the one good game Tata has had this year, then maybe I'm not the one missing the point?

Defense has been poor. Yelling at a teammate when you are performing as poorly as Tomori is bad form, 0 spin there.
Tomori hasn't been in the lineup, and things are even worse without him. I think Tata has done a lot of things that have warranted being yelled at. Why Maldini hasn't gotten a new keeper is looking worse and worse, especially the longer and longer Maignan is out. That point, I agree with (you made it before).

First of all, if you feel like I dismissed, I am sorry.
I don't, I appreciate the apology but none was necessary, I love you. I like arguing. I wish more people understood that it's just a game to me, not some titanic struggle of good and evil.

I asked you to explain what makes those stats so great and so definitive to tell me that Tata is hands down THE problem. You weren't able to explain and blew me off saying it's just what stats nerds used so I pinged brk instead. So, no, I didn't know "I was defeated", rather I knew you were set on making a point that I already agreed with (Tata sucks).

Brk said it's a crude method and need data over span of several years, hence I don't feel like the data presented here adds weight. Considering the amount of chances we were GIFTING opponents.
I didn't blow you off, I can explain it, but I had work, and felt like you were ignoring something so blatant, so my bad. But no, I've never said that Tata is "THE" problem. He's just a massive problem. Like I said above, seeing "negativity force" suddenly leap to the defense of someone who is underperforming? Why? Because it messes with the ultimate thesis that the whole team sucks and should be relegated and all sorts of other bullshit?

We had a semi-pro keeper break down why Tata was at fault for so much, and you didn't want to hear that either, so, come on now.

If you don't like that data, then never bring up data to me again, lol. I'm going to be such an asshole if you do.

Again, absolutely NOBODY is saying this. Every Tata defender I've seen admits he isn't good but thinks we have way bigger problems.
Lol. If we had Maignan instead of Tata, are things better or worse?

We are a fighter who swings for KOs and cannot technically box. We also leave wide openings when we swing for fences and we have shit take down defense. With all these factors combined, we are swinging wildly, exposed, and we get KOed. Yes, we have a weak chin, but we also have shit EVERYTHING else leading up to the KO. Tata is LITERALLY gone this summer.

Maybe it's because of my profession but Tata is a 1-liner code fix where as we have spaghetti code up and down rest of our roster. So no, buying Sportiello wouldn't make a single difference if Pioli is going to continue with his failing kamikaze press.
I think this narrative over our style is simplistic, I think Pioli has shown before that the team and he can make adjustments. This year? He hasn't. I think Pioli has been a moron and the team can do a lot of different things. The man played Messias at RCM. The only reason I'm not clamoring for his immediate firing is because who would replace him? And

I don't code and I don't box or do MMA, but I think having a horrific keeper makes a huge difference, even to strong teams. Look at Liverpool before and after they got Karius. Look at their league position.

You are welcome to dig for receipts
No, I'm mad at you, I dig for stats and receipts, and you don't even care! Lol.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score

What a shame, would have been a great vice Theo.
“But they said: ‘We can’t do a deal because something’s flagged up with your heart’. It was deadline day and it would take a minimum of three days to find out the problem, so they couldn’t risk signing me. They were all talking so much but I’m just sat there staring at the floor and thinking: ‘Of course it’s not happened’. I was having ectopic heartbeats, which is basically an insufficient heartbeat. Up to 5% is OK but I was having double that. It was making my heart dilate, which means it was overworking and growing in size. It could have approached failure if it hadn’t been caught. So that [Milan] medical gave me the chance to catch something I didn’t even know I had.”

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
It would be a failure. But that's not even addressing my point, though. You are talking about the 12 point difference, without context. It's like talking about Conte being like two points behind Juve when he lost with Inter the first year, when Juve stopped trying the last few rounds.
What context would you like to introduce?
Yeah, you're really trying to run with this thing that it's about 1 season. Pioli time at Fiorentina, Lazio, and Inter were all supposed to be "blueprints" for what would happen at Milan. They haven't. You can keep trying. I don't know why. But Godspeed on your quest.
You made the argument about 1 season. I said that yea but he lasted at Lazio and Fiorentina for a longer time.
but Pioli's career never showed what he's shown at Milan, until this month.
This quote indicates that it's already starting to happen :LOL:
It's being treated like a cup-run. It is a league title. League titles require consistency. It's just a big thing that if you want to talk about Pioli being "found out" that you have to deal with. I don't think you do, if I'm being honest.
Ok again, he won the Scudetto, so what? Did that stop us from our dip in form this eason?
Sure, you want to talk about Pioli's results, sure, let's go. More context. Why not? Let's talk about how injuries ruins his plans?
You yourself said injuries are his own doing :o
Let's talk about the refs aiding Napoli and Inter in keeping last year even close? I mean, my point is that you expand and contract context as it suits you.
Fair. Scudetto has been downplayed as Fludetto, even though there are circumstances around that season. If we got results when we got screwed we would have won Scudetto by a larger margin. That is a fair point.
If anything, doesn't this go against the idea that Pioli starts out hot then gets found out? He started like shit and then got better? Please respond to this point.
I don't care how he starts? He getting found out. NOW. According to you:
but Pioli's career never showed what he's shown at Milan, until this month.
I want you to bring the same energy for Thiaw as you do for Tata. You said (and it was a fair point) that you expect more from Bennacer. Cool. Now go after Tata's previous performances like... Pobega or Messias or Salad.
Not sure what you are asking me to do here. I literally went at it with brk regarding Pobega and how he unfairly shits on him.
If you're going to hang your hat on the one good game Tata has had this year, then maybe I'm not the one missing the point?
I literally explained that to you. You still choose to miss the point.
I don't, I appreciate the apology but none was necessary, I love you. I like arguing. I wish more people understood that it's just a game to me, not some titanic struggle of good and evil.

I didn't blow you off, I can explain it, but I had work, and felt like you were ignoring something so blatant, so my bad. But no, I've never said that Tata is "THE" problem. He's just a massive problem. Like I said above, seeing "negativity force" suddenly leap to the defense of someone who is underperforming? Why? Because it messes with the ultimate thesis that the whole team sucks and should be relegated and all sorts of other bullshit?
Tata can be covered by changing of formation. Other issues I pointed out, can we see at least one game where we fix those issues?
We had a semi-pro keeper break down why Tata was at fault for so much, and you didn't want to hear that either, so, come on now.

If you don't like that data, then never bring up data to me again, lol. I'm going to be such an asshole if you do.

Lol. If we had Maignan instead of Tata, are things better or worse?
Better but not by much, this is going in circles now.
I think this narrative over our style is simplistic, I think Pioli has shown before that the team and he can make adjustments. This year? He hasn't. I think Pioli has been a moron and the team can do a lot of different things. The man played Messias at RCM. The only reason I'm not clamoring for his immediate firing is because who would replace him?
Ok, so this year he regressed. He didn't do it the first 2 years and achieved great things which is different from his previous stints, but THIS year he is regressing and trying random shit because he has no set plays blah blah blah. Fair?

If he rights the ship, I will take my L
I don't code and I don't box or do MMA, but I think having a horrific keeper makes a huge difference, even to strong teams. Look at Liverpool before and after they got Karius. Look at their league position.
It does, if rest of your team is performing up to par.

Once again, Pioli changed kamikaze press and we conceded less, so that means there are ways to shield your keeper. Meanwhile, we cannot find anyway to have meaning possession creating offense and defend set pieces. I emphasize on this not because I think our second choice keeper can displace Mike Maignan, but rather because we have same issues with Mike as well.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
He wanted to play on the counter with... Giroud. Calabria on the right? Messias to dribble? What the fuck?
Messias has regressed so much in this aspect it's not even funny. I remember him being a daring player who wasn't afraid to take players on with his tricky dribbling when he played for Crotone. He had moments last season and I honestly thought and hoped that he would improve now that he has a bit more confidence and familiarity with his teammates.

Now all he does is play it safe and when he does dribble he has his head down and either passes to no one or gets dispossessed :fp:

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Messias has regressed so much in this aspect it's not even funny. I remember him being a daring player who wasn't afraid to take players on with his tricky dribbling when he played for Crotone. He had moments last season and I honestly thought and hoped that he would improve now that he has a bit more confidence and familiarity with his teammates.

Now all he does is play it safe and when he does dribble he has his head down and either passes to no one or gets dispossessed :fp:
A deplorable state of affairs. He must be replaced this summer...

Rossonero81

The Little Red Rooster
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Giusy Meloni
I just read a story about a woodpecker that had stored 320 kilo's of acorns within the wall of a house and they were all taken away from him by Nick's Extreme Pest Control. Makes our lives as Milanisti seem a bit less miserable.

1675800554167.png

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie

We in this position now because we continuously tempting fate when we should know better.....
Out here waiting for Tom Brady to save us :proud:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule