• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

IL-Capitano

Legenda di AC Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
too many great players to list but if pushed all time favorite player: Maldini
Me when I look over at my laptop and see that mathematically we could still get that second star and win the CL this season

View attachment 16474
As a fellow optimist second is now the target for Milan in Serie A. That second ⭐️ is delayed. The CL run will definitely help the team build substantially for a run at both next season, though let’s see what transpires. It is never safe to assume.

Deep Fried Pizza & Chips

Probably Maldini's fault
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gullit, Savićevićic, Baresi, Rikjaard, Pippo, Desailly
Diaz is playing like shit in matches so training level becomes irrelevant.

The wee cock was begining to grow in me, I'm really glad he turned shit again...

Now if Messias could stop "getting on base" that would be great

download (4).jpeg

Deep Fried Pizza & Chips

Probably Maldini's fault
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gullit, Savićevićic, Baresi, Rikjaard, Pippo, Desailly
As a fellow optimist second is now target for Milan in Serie A. That second ⭐️ is delayed. The CL run will definitely help the team build substantially for a run at both next season, though let’s see what transpires. It is never safe to assume.

Don't tell anyone but I'm a realist and pragmatist most of the time... Football for me is a release, a place where magic can happen though.

I refuse to give up hope, mostly, until it's just not possible...

When I started following Milan in 1990 it was the dawn of a beautiful 20+ years of glory, and I endured the banter era. While I don't see us repeating the Berlu years, I hope for better days, it's as simple as that.

When I read lots of negativity based on "what if", it disappoints me and I think it's more to do with social and political issues than football. Football is also a place for people to release their negativity and rage, which I get.

But I will always try remain hopeful and positive as my life's been a rollercoaster, and I prefer the highs ✌️💪♥️

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
According to a report from PianetaMilan, Paolo Maldini and Ricky Massara met with representatives from Kovacic’s agency VPA Sports Verified and they were offered the Croatia international ahead of the summer.
So a midfield of kovacic-modric-tonali?

I can live with that.

Also please one josko gvardiol for debth.

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
Conte set to leave Spurs this week. Would you take him at Milan instead of Pioli during the international break?

no-redd-foxx.gif

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Nobody should really be too surprised or disheartened with our struggles given that we failed to address the longstanding RW issue, failed to replace Kessie and failed to sign a reliable backup CF or capable AM. In fact, I'd say it's a fucking miracle that a team with this many holes has been in the top 4 all season long and reached the QF of the CL (especially given the injuries to Maignan). Therefore, as much as I'm frustrated with Pioli's squad selection and tactics, I blame M&M more for fucking up the mercato spectacularly.

In fact, if Massara does leave for Juve at the end of the season (he's from Turin), I fully expect Moncada to be promoted in his place and solve the aforementioned issues in one mercato.
Kind of a funny thing to ask, but is Pioli once again over achieving with what he has available to him (aka the worst squad he’s had at Milan)?

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
TBF, I never said he causes the defense to loose faith and focus and concentration and whatever, that's a weird construct. I even called someone out for that but I don't remember who.

What I did say tho is that Tata is one of the worst goalkeepers I've ever seen wearing a Milan shirt and playing a huge role in our January misery. I think my exact words were "find me a worse goalkeeper since the days of Amelia".

And by that I still stand :o

I can do better than just one:

1679345937410.jpeg1679345981766.jpeg
1679346013421.jpeg

A Wild Ass Parade

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
I'm trying to figure out what your point is, that's all :lol:
Brah , you were in a hurry to say that you never said what we were poking you about yet our poking was in reply about you poking us of something that never was said.

bullard

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
As per di marzio pioli is going back to the old formation 4-2-3-1.

Next game is against napoli and calabria will be back on RB and Krunic will play AM
Maignan - Kalulu, Thiaw, Tomori, Theo - Tonali, Bennacer - Diaz, Krunic, Leao - Giroud

It doesn't seem that bad. Having Krunic at that AM spot basicly means a 3 man midfield formation. I think everyone here can agree that our best performances came when we played with a midfielder in CAM, whether it was the turkish cuck, Kessie, Krunic, or even Pobega against Juve.

Now that Pioli finally discovered the gem that Thiaw is, and that Diaz is a much better RW than CAM, 4-2-3-1 might work.

I believe the reasons behind our January failure in no particular order were:

1. Tata. He had a 4 match period with 14 goals conceded and 3 saves.
2. Calabria. I think he had a great 1,5 years, from 2020 september till 2022 january. Last year, after he came back from injury, I didn't like his performances. He lost so much of his defending, and was constantly beaten by fodders like Zappacosta and Faraoni. Statistically, we had a great second half of the season defensively, but I think he was really bailed out most of the times by Kalulu and Maignan. This year he regressed even more, to the point that starting him meant an automatic 1-0 to the opponent.
3. Bennacer-Tonali-Diaz is a midfield combination that will simply never work. 2 of the 3 can work with a physical monster, a powerhouse, but they are too similar, and not really complementing each other. I used to criticize Krunic, asking for his sale, but out of nowhere, he suddenly became our most important midfielder.
4. Exhausted players from WC: France going all the way to the final, with Theo and Giroud as key members certainly was a big blow to us. They are the 2 most important players in unlocking Leao, and it was visible that both had fitness issues, which not only meant that they dropped form, but it was impacting Leao's performance as well.
5. Pioli. He became the same dinosaur that everybody here laughed Allegri or Mourinho for.

I think overall the 3atb was a good quick fix to our defensive issues, but it outstayed its welcome. After we eliminated Spurs, we should have dropped it. 5atb with that setup is suicide against low block teams like Salernitana and Udinese.

It doesn't look like Maldini will fire Pioli midseason, regardless of anything he does. It is unfortunate, I think our squad has potential with an Enrique, Poch, Zidane, Tuchel level coach. They will wait till the summer to make decisions, so we have no choice, but to hope that Pioli will magicly turn it around.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
TBF, I never said he causes the defense to loose faith and focus and concentration and whatever, that's a weird construct. I even called someone out for that but I don't remember who.

What I did say tho is that Tata is one of the worst goalkeepers I've ever seen wearing a Milan shirt and playing a huge role in our January misery. I think my exact words were "find me a worse goalkeeper since the days of Amelia".

And by that I still stand :o
I do remember you railed on his one goal per attempt but you sir are correct - other people made the argument we are meming.

But I stand by 'give him a little protection and he could do a job' which he did :proud: - Our defense was so laughably bad it didnt matter as we now can see once Super Saiyan Mike returned. As soon we play different we ship goals even superheroes arent saving.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Maignan - Kalulu, Thiaw, Tomori, Theo - Tonali, Bennacer - Diaz, Krunic, Leao - Giroud

It doesn't seem that bad. Having Krunic at that AM spot basicly means a 3 man midfield formation. I think everyone here can agree that our best performances came when we played with a midfielder in CAM, whether it was the turkish cuck, Kessie, Krunic, or even Pobega against Juve.

Now that Pioli finally discovered the gem that Thiaw is, and that Diaz is a much better RW than CAM, 4-2-3-1 might work.

I believe the reasons behind our January failure in no particular order were:

1. Tata. He had a 4 match period with 14 goals conceded and 3 saves.
2. Calabria. I think he had a great 1,5 years, from 2020 september till 2022 january. Last year, after he came back from injury, I didn't like his performances. He lost so much of his defending, and was constantly beaten by fodders like Zappacosta and Faraoni. Statistically, we had a great second half of the season defensively, but I think he was really bailed out most of the times by Kalulu and Maignan. This year he regressed even more, to the point that starting him meant an automatic 1-0 to the opponent.
3. Bennacer-Tonali-Diaz is a midfield combination that will simply never work. 2 of the 3 can work with a physical monster, a powerhouse, but they are too similar, and not really complementing each other. I used to criticize Krunic, asking for his sale, but out of nowhere, he suddenly became our most important midfielder.
4. Exhausted players from WC: France going all the way to the final, with Theo and Giroud as key members certainly was a big blow to us. They are the 2 most important players in unlocking Leao, and it was visible that both had fitness issues, which not only meant that they dropped form, but it was impacting Leao's performance as well.
5. Pioli. He became the same dinosaur that everybody here laughed Allegri or Mourinho for.

I think overall the 3atb was a good quick fix to our defensive issues, but it outstayed its welcome. After we eliminated Spurs, we should have dropped it. 5atb with that setup is suicide against low block teams like Salernitana and Udinese.

It doesn't look like Maldini will fire Pioli midseason, regardless of anything he does. It is unfortunate, I think our squad has potential with an Enrique, Poch, Zidane, Tuchel level coach. They will wait till the summer to make decisions, so we have no choice, but to hope that Pioli will magicly turn it around.
Sam:

1679346674566.gif

bullard

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Pioli is not our long term solution, but sure as hell neither is Conte. He would cry in the media, bitch about everything and everyone, collect aged, high earning players to chase short term success, and after he faces the first problems in his clubs, he doesn't try to solve it, but cry, and abandon the ship the first opportunity he got, leaving us in a worse shape than the beginning.

Kaka92

Gae
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MMS.
I still prefer 4321/433 more but even going back to 4231 wouldn't necessarily be bad if you have Krunic/Adli as CAM's.

But if he continues again with Diaz and CDK, what will most likely happen, then there really is no help for him. That man is a lost cause. :rolleyes:

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
Pioli is not our long term solution, but sure as hell neither is Conte. He would cry in the media, bitch about everything and everyone, collect aged, high earning players to chase short term success, and after he faces the first problems in his clubs, he doesn't try to solve it, but cry, and abandon the ship the first opportunity he got, leaving us in a worse shape than the beginning.
Milan's modus operandi under RedBird wouldn't allow us to appoint Conte and Conte would hate the RedBird approach in the mercato. There's a snowball's chance in hell we'll see Conte at Milan under RB.

Btw, when was the last time Milan appointed either:

1) a proven coach
2) a non-Italian coach (excluding the likes of Miha and Seedorf)

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
I still prefer 4321/433 more but even going back to 4231 wouldn't necessarily be bad if you have Krunic/Adli as CAM's.

But if he continues again with Diaz and CDK, what will most likely happen, then there really is no help for him. That man is a lost cause. :rolleyes:
that flip flop just like his RW Saelly Messias flip flop - Its a certainty :proud:

I also think he doesnt want to go to a back four because that may mean dropping Tomori or he isnt confident playing Thiaw in anything other than 3atb but he could obviously play Kalulu at RB and have him slot in but that too maybe a stretch for Padre

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule