Status
Not open for further replies.

Caladan

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka, Pato,
k4aE6OZ.png

CDK as a false nine dropping back into midfield. Leao and Okafor cutting into the space vacated by CDK.
Okafor is left winger. End story. Sadly CDK need to improve very hard to be in the main eleven. Who is Loftus. Another Origi?.

Kmoney

Cinque Zero Cinque
Reaction score
I don't like CDK and I don't even want him here after following his progress for TWO YEARS before he came to Milan, but surely you can see how different "mindset/mentality" between him and Leao from their interview :lol:

To Leao’s defence, it’s hard to talk shit if you literally haven’t scored

I don’t think Leao’s attitude is the problem, but he’s certainly not Bandeira material

He’s your typical greedy footballer who wants to be paid

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
I may have to go back and check but as I remember the season opened with Brahim starting the first few and CDK coming on then there were a string of matches where CDK always started.

Can't remember how long that lasted.

Now to VB9's point, Pioli did take him off in all of them and I don't think CDK was allowed to play a full match. I would argue that most times he deserved to be subbed. I think only two appearances this calendar year I was upset he was taken off.
he really never got consistent playing time.. and as you said he never played a full match.
he deserved to start consecutive matches after his cameo against juve at rw and even against napoli.

He is being treated just like rebic in his first season here. Pioli mostly introduces him in the last 15 minutes in chaotic matches and he somehow expects him to perform.. but what it only does is lower the kids confidence

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
k4aE6OZ.png

CDK as a false nine dropping back into midfield. Leao and Okafor cutting into the space vacated by CDK.
Basically this, but switch benna and tonali

Kmoney

Cinque Zero Cinque
Reaction score
he really never got consistent playing time.. and as you said he never played a full match.
he deserved to start consecutive matches after his cameo against juve at rw and even against napoli.

He is being treated just like rebic in his first season here. Pioli mostly introduces him in the last 15 minutes in chaotic matches and he somehow expects him to perform.. but what it only does is lower the kids confidence
Pioli also has no tactics besides give it to Leao/Theo and hope for the best

We desperately need a good coach to bring the best out of young players. Especially system dependent ones

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
Okafor is left winger. End story. Sadly CDK need to improve very hard to be in the main eleven. Who is Loftus. Another Origi?.
Loftus Cheek could actually play the right side but I honestly dont see the fascination for a player that is going to cost 20+

Shouldve just bought Julian Alvarez :rolleyes:

beegees

Pursuing homosexuality
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Francesco Acerbi, Bakaye Traore, Kevin Constant

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
Scalvini starts so there is your youth at the back.

Will check out this Retegui as he starts (even though its Malta)

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Bring in this Mateo Retegui kid.
He's pretty good. At least he can connect to Tonali's crosses.
He slipped the defender like a boss

Tonali other touches so far were poor but a good corner

nefremo

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Scamacca! Mancini would rather use an Argentinain before he uses him...

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Scamacca! Mancini would rather use an Argentinain before he uses him...
Retegui:
- Italian heritage, Argentine (World Cup winners) blood
- Scored in both of his Italia appearances

Scamacca:
- Ugly neck tattoo
- Going to be relegated with Paqueta with West Ham

I wonder why Mancini made this choice... 🤔

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Just realized the growth decree works for coaches too, so replacing Pioli with a bigger profile foreign coach, or at least one that's been away for two years (like De Zerbi) is much more feasible than I thought.

Pioli is currently on 3.5m net, or around 6.5m gross. We could pay a growth decree coach 5m net and that would be the same as Pioli now.

That's already in the ballpark of some top managers (Poch around 6m net, Nagelsmann 6.5m). We can't go anywhere near Klopp (around 16m) or even Conte (13m). But we can definitely hire someone like De Zerbi on the cheap. Italiano won't get the discount so that's a negative for him.

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Just realized the growth decree works for coaches too, so replacing Pioli with a bigger profile foreign coach, or at least one that's been away for two years (like De Zerbi) is much more feasible than I thought.

Pioli is currently on 3.5m net, or around 6.5m gross. We could pay a growth decree coach 5m net and that would be the same as Pioli now.

That's already in the ballpark of some top managers (Poch around 6m net, Nagelsmann 6.5m). We can't go anywhere near Klopp (around 16m) or even Conte (13m). But we can definitely hire someone like De Zerbi on the cheap. Italiano won't get the discount so that's a negative for him.
Growth decree is about employees of any kind. From janitors to top players/coaches/managers.

Ryo

Billy's Right Peg
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Billy, George, Marco, Paolo, Charles, Fik, Pierre, Mike & Rafa
Tonali getting to rest.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Growth decree is about employees of any kind. From janitors to top players/coaches/managers.
Yeah, I just never thought about considering it for anything other than players.

Most of our senior management team is from outside Italy. We're really abusing the hell out of that tax break, I wonder what would happen if they revoke it.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Scamacca - really classy touches but its obvious why he doesnt score more, zero movement in and around the box

Ryo

Billy's Right Peg
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Billy, George, Marco, Paolo, Charles, Fik, Pierre, Mike & Rafa
Leao with an assist, a missed penalty, and a goal.
All in 15 minutes of work.

nefremo

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Retegui:
- Italian heritage, Argentine (World Cup winners) blood
- Scored in both of his Italia appearances

Scamacca:
- Ugly neck tattoo
- Going to be relegated with Paqueta with West Ham

I wonder why Mancini made this choice... 🤔
:thumbsup:I wasn't criticizing Mancini with that post btw...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule