Status
Not open for further replies.

Deep Fried Pizza & Chips

Probably Maldini's fault
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gullit, Savićevićic, Baresi, Rikjaard, Pippo, Desailly
We desperately need new CB DM RW and CF

At least lets see what Thiaw, Vranckx and CDK at RW can do, we can't sign anyone just now, but have players for those positions that Padre doesn't seem to want to try... It's crazy.

But we need a starting CF for sure!!!

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
At least lets see what Thiaw, Vranckx and CDK at RW can do, we can't sign anyone just now, but have players for those positions that Padre doesn't seem to want to try... It's crazy.

But we need a starting CF for sure!!!
Pioli cares more about his job than Milan’s team building and future of the misfits and bargain bin players the management assembled.

He’s going to continue to play what he thinks gives him the best chance to win, so expect us to keep seeing Giroud and even Gabbia playing before those you mentioned.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
Is Maldini still hiding from the media?

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I’m not the one to do that. Luckily, I have the wherewithal to understand that I don’t have the expertise to handle the job. Wish Paul was humble as me.:PThinking:
Let’s be honest, a lot more heads have to roll before it gets to Paolo’s turn.

So it’s in our best interest that he learns. I am giving him the benefit of the doubt on Pioli considering he did win us a Scudetto and that we were sort of forced into Pioli.

But the next managers appointment and our next summer (whether we make CL or not) will be key in judging Paolo

Hugh Janus

Paolo Mongdini
Reaction score
@Qaas hmmm

download.jpg

vs

download-1.jpg

Deep Fried Pizza & Chips

Probably Maldini's fault
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I'm going to say this, and mean it, absolutely no sarcasm...

I wish we had Belotti, Dybala and Berardi right now!!!

SecondStar

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
The only man that’s allowed to play with our back 3

1675641166116.jpeg

1675641523384.gif

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
@Curupira sorry mate I lost you :lol:

Okay, once again, I said: for the last three years (2020 - 2023), we were 2nd or 1st in the table. That was my claim.

You said that's a far stretch.

I said no not at all, but okay, you want the post lockdown form out? Fine, I agree with 2,5 years (mid 2020 - 2023).

Now from then on I lost you. You suddenly began to bring up stuff I've never even touched on, like how we were this and that points away from 5th and 1st and how we weren't battling for Scudetto anyway. I said yeah whatever, we still were 1st or 2nd that year, or were we not (bringing up the winter champion argument only to point out we were 1st or 2nd even in that year)?

Now this post...

Screenshot_2023-02-06-00-36-16-13_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

... sorry, I don't even understand what you are disagreeing with me in this post so I'm just going to ignore it unless you want to explain me :lol:

Have we or haven't we been 1st or 2nd since mid 2020 in the table? Yes or no? That's my whole fucking point. If you read in it anything else than that then you're misunderstanding me.

IL-Capitano

Legenda di AC Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
too many great players to list but if pushed all time favorite player: Maldini
He should’ve gave Mr. Galliani the same benefit of the doubt as he expects us to give him. Galliani was like the struggling single mother of three that still manages to surprise her kids with a present on the holidays. Maldini is the father that left to get some milk a few years ago but still hasn’t returned. There’s levels to this. We need an expert to do this job not an intern.
Sorry but again you are being a little disingenuous there In his prime Galliani was the GOAT of SD's we can agree on that. However in his prime Berlusconi was bankrolling him where money was no object and even when he wasn't (during the banter era) sure Galliani pulled off a few great deals but made and awful lot of mistakes during both the good and bad times. If from the start Galliani was never bankrolled by Berlusconi and had to operate as Maldini currently has to do you think he would be seen in the same light ? Galliani was in the job years Maldini is very new to it and has managed to put together some great deals credit where it is due. Even Galliani's banter era had a better spending power than Maldini currently works with. My point being I think you are being overly harsh in your critique. Now lets not discuss the past and hope for better things to come.

Everyone at Milan needs to try and turn this dip in form around - make the best of what remains of this season and in the summer hopefully with greater backing Milan can clean up the squad and come back next season with a bang. Demonstrating to our Serie A rivals that - it was a bad patch, confidence was low and a lot things went south on us but now Milan are back. And yes i realise many will call me deluded, way too optimistic and i assume a lot worse than that.

Honestly i don't care i don't see the point in dwelling on where everything went wrong and I would want to see the club itself review their errors by which i mean everyone at the club come together and fix the problem moving forward with greater knowledge and the perspective, experience and learning to prevent the same errors going forward.

Edit: Also remember the game is very different from Galliani's time.

I'll end the post with my traditional Forza Milan :star::star:

Last edited:

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
Also big love to you all especially @Curupira, Ashish, congo, MB, qaas, jasper, necromancer, Wesley and any OG I'm forgetting about. it was really fun to share a platform with you all but unfortunately I haven't been able to stay active due to me being an old fuck.

Swagotelli

Supah Leagah!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Nesta, Pirlo, Seedorf, Kaka, Inzaghi, Maldini, Gattuso
If the club misses out on CL, Leao is gone 100%. They will need the funds from his sale.
Leao is probably gone either way. If it’s no CL, Theo will want to leave too. He will get good offers from big clubs.

SecondStar

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Sorry but again you are being a little disingenuous there In his prime Galliani was the GOAT of SD we can agree on that. However in his prime Berlusconi was bankrolling him where money was no object and even when he wasn't (during the banter era) sure Galliani pulled off a few great deals but made and awful lot of mistakes during both the good and bad times. If from the start Galliani was never bankrolled by Berlusconi and had to operate as Maldini currently has to do you think he would be seen in the same light ? Galliani was in the job years Maldini is very new to it and has managed to put together some great deals credit where it is due. Even Galliani's banter era had a better spending power than Maldini currently works with. My point being I think you are being overly harsh in your critique. Now lets not discuss the past and hope for better things to come.

Everyone at Milan needs to try and turn this dip in form around - make the best of what remains of this season and in the summer hopefully with greater backing Milan can clean up the squad and come back in next season with a bang. Demonstrating to our Serie A rivals that - it was a bad patch, confidence was low and a lot things went south on us but now Milan are back. And yes i realise many will call me deluded, way too optimistic and i assume a lot worse than that.

Honestly i don't care i don't see the point in dwelling on where everything went wrong and I would want to see the club itself review their errors by which i mean everyone at the club come together and fix the problem moving forward with greater knowledge and the perspective, experience and learning to prevent the same errors going forward.

Edit: Also remember the game is very different from Galliani's time.

I'll end the post with my traditional Forza Milan :star::star:
Thank you brother. I needed this. Thank you for speaking to me with respect and compassion. I appreciate your empathetic approach despite my negativity. At the end of the day, we all want the best for our club. Forza Milan my comrade in arms. ❤️🖤

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
Bro this forum is so high tech now, I don't even know how to work this shit, supermod my ass, this new update is giving me imposter syndrome

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
I'm going to say this, and mean it, absolutely no sarcasm...

I wish we had Belotti, Dybala and Berardi right now!!!
We could've had at least two of those and only iL Lesbo would've helped

Swagotelli

Supah Leagah!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Nesta, Pirlo, Seedorf, Kaka, Inzaghi, Maldini, Gattuso
Lot of rebuilding needed. Basically need money to replace Ibra, Giroud, Origi, Rebic, Brahim, Kessie/baka, 2 defenders minimum

Il grande Milan

Honey, I'm home
Reaction score
February 2023 and just now people here figuring out how bad our situation actually is :lol: We were going to compete for CL, right, and if it were not this year, then definitely next year :lol:

What is our vision actually? “Buying young talented players”. Yes that’s the vision of 99% of the clubs out there; very original. I said it last season already: you can’t expect to lure a Theo, Leao or Tonali every single mercato, so this is a very dangerous approach to every new season. Buy smart and what is really necessary. Make sure your core is quality. I don’t even understand that an icon as Maldini can’t see that this midfield is too soft to be competitive on any side.

We attracted a bunch of young players… and we’re not playing them, that’s reality. So was this philosophy about 'smart-buying' young prospects, perfectly fit for a certain position all bullshit or is Pioli just not on board, or on the same page as the management? Weird, if you spend most of your whole transfer budget while having this specific vision in mind. Maldini giving Pioli too much carte blanche. What the management wants is absolutely not in line with what the coach wants. So, or the management is okay with what Pioli does, and then it must also reflect in the mercato... or they kick out Pioli out as fast as they can, and we hire a coach that actually wants to do what the management has in mind, because this is not working.

What we did now is just the same as we did almost every season before in the banter era: panic buys and wasting money on (young?) players we never use or who are obviously not good enough. Most of our banter era squads are just as good as what we fielded against, for example, Sassuolo. If half of your team on the pitch contains names like Saele, Messias, Krunic, fucking Tatarusanu, Origi or freaking Gabbi, then how the fuck are you surprised it’s going the way it goes??

Last edited:

Deep Fried Pizza & Chips

Probably Maldini's fault
Reaction score
Fav. Players
We could've had at least two of those and only iL Lesbo would've helped

I'd have sent Diaz back, and Messias, not signed Origi... Buy CDK, loan with obligation for Berardi. Bosman Belotti and Dybala.

You get 3 proven Serie A players, that would have allowed us to get close to that second star... I feel the ball was dropped for whatever reason, but I hope/think MMM can learn.

Mistakes have been made, but I do feel we have the tools to stop the rott and climb back into that CL spot... After today I'm just thinking how different things could have been.

I for one do think Maldini can turn this around, or he'll walk out due to false promises from Gerry. He's not untouchable, but I believe in his qualities and I respect him, he is human though and none of us are perfect.

Tomorrow's a new day, and we move forward, always, Forza Milan ♥️🖤♥️🖤

Last edited:

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
@Panache
i think cairo traffic is the worst i have seen...the only comparison i can make is with jakarta, cairo seems worse (maybe it is the desert sand mixing in with the smog)
re: the uber there, i felt bad about the exchange rate and the low cost of rides. i tipped lavishly, probably averaged 500% tip rate :lol:

IL-Capitano

Legenda di AC Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
too many great players to list but if pushed all time favorite player: Maldini
I'd have sent Diaz back, and Messias, not signed Origi... Buy CDK, loan with obligation for Berardi. Bosman Belotti and Dybala.

You get 3 proven Serie A players, that would have allowed us to get close to that second star... I feel the ball was dropped for whatever reason, but I hope/think MMM can learn.

Mistakes have been made, but I do feel we have to tools to stop the rott abs climb back into that CL spot... After today I'm just thinking how different things could have been.

I for one do think Maldini can turn this around, or he'll walk out due to false promises from Gerry. He's not untouchable, but I believe in his qualities and I respect him, he is human though and none of us are perfect.

Tomorrow's a new day, and we move forward, always, Forza Milan ♥️🖤♥️🖤
I would agree on Diaz, Messias and Origi. Regarding CDK its just a little early he has disappointed but there is talent there and Pioli has not exploited it. The same applies to Adli. Maybe Berardi, Belotti and Dybala might have been more effective but Sassuolo were asking a lot for Berardi and there is every chance he could have gone the way of Gilardino great at a midtable club not so great at a bigger club. Dybala wages were and issue and Belotti well he couldn't be worse than Origi has been.

Honestly i think they can turn it around and as frustrated as we are on this forum i can only imagine the frustration, anxiety and critique MMM have about themselves and have towards Red Bird. I'm sure there have been several conversations inside and outside of the board room where there were less than polite conversations. Milan can only move forward and try to make it better Forza Milan :star::star: ♥️🖤

Last edited:

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
Thank you brother. I needed this. Thank you for speaking to me with respect and compassion. I appreciate your empathetic approach despite my negativity. At the end of the day, we all want the best for our club. Forza Milan my comrade in arms. ❤️🖤
SecondStar - I saw you in the match thread holding out hope for a result.
Voom too.

Only Fans baby!!!
Forza Milan

Status
Not open for further replies.