• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloren

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roger Federer is the GOAT
Seeing as Pioli is here to stay what are we thinking of 3 at the back?

It’s fine. As long as Saele as is the RWB. Thiaw one of the CBs. Messias doesn’t see the pitch ever again. Leao is one of the 2 strikes. CDK or Diaz one of the RCM or even they can play as AM or RW in a 3-4-3 formation.

Basically I think this would work. And I swear if Pioli does this on Friday, he’ll gain back my support. (Krunic for Bennacer of Benna is still injured and I guess Tata for Big Mike)

CCD0E024-8D47-42FC-93B0-9264C4242CAC.png

Stitches

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Screenshot_20230207_140515_Twitter.jpg

Sealed? Does it make sense to sell rafa this summer as opposed to agree the extension? Doable? 😔🔫

gioiuzza

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I don't understand this Maignan timeline at all. Newspapers are saying he's doubtful for Tottenham but could play against Monza 4 days later? Is it really that touch-and-go 5 months after a strain? It seems like a big re-injury risk to play him at Monza if he won't be ready just a few days earlier, but I don't understand how it can possibly be so uncertain if it really was just a calf strain.

I feel like something else is going on but it may just be paranoia.

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
So we best ask Leao which coach he would like, no?

That's more cuck vibes than Hakan :lol:
No, long term holding on to Leao >>>>> holding on to Pioli. From football POV, from financial POV, from every point of view you can come up with.
Pioli will be fired in the next 18 months. Mark this post.

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Pioli will be smart to resign.
Its not entirely on him that this team isnt clicking anymore but MMM will keep him until it seems like it was.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Because other than that it was running smoothly.
He is 100% taking us for a ride & then you will brand him as a bad apple.
100%?

Liedholm

sugondese
Reaction score
even ibra can't figure out lealol but we're supposed to count on him ? :lol:

Pigeon

CR7 of CEO's
Reaction score
Fav. Players
gaetano f. intrieri
Fair enough but I don't think the quality of the squad is the real issue here. At least it doesn't make sense to me because I don't think Kessie is the difference between being 1st or 2nd in the table for 2,5 years straight and such the shitshow we're witnessing since 5 weeks. We've even been up there right behind Napoli without Kessie until the WC break (well, not right behind in their necks but close enough to still hold hopes for a Scudetto fight).

When I look at our games now the team looks like it's not following Pioli anymore, they don't seem to believe in him and his instructions. I think he's loosing the team if he hasn't already, and that's very hard to fix and is a way more logical explanation to why we are playing historically bad instead of one missing player (okay, two with Maignan) compared to the team that won a Scudetto only 6 months ago.
it's not just the quality of the squad, but a mixture of different issues:

- consecutive bad transfer windows
@Curupira likes to say that we are currently paying for the scudetto. well he's not wrong, although i think we are paying much more for the bad mercatos( :o) . not renewing / losing key players for free and bringing in a bunch of kids to replace them won't get you too far. it has been said here several times last summer that this midfield is doomed to fail. same problem with the defense. the corpse of kjaer is our first option from the bench.... alongside gabbia. thiaw? bullied by a washed lukkaku. and don't even get me started on our offense.
if we call for pioli's head, there are just as many reasons to call for MM's.

- overperforming last seaon / regression this season
let's face it, this team overperformed last leason. no one really expected them to win the scudetto. after all, #daPlan had not projected it yet either. tomori and kalulu were titled as world class center backs but they never were, they simply had an amzing form during our scudetto run-in. players like theo or tonali are in a slump. this season we are undergoing a reversion to the mean. obviously, we're not as shitty as january would suggest, but a lot of things are coming together at the moment.
20/21 --> competing for top 4 (it's not like we were a lock for top 4, we finished 2nd with just 2 points away from 5th place)
21/22 --> scudetto
22/23 --> competing for top 4

- injuries
have become normal at milan... but it's not normal for your gk to be out for half the season due to muscle injuries!! honestly if he wanted to be at the world cup so badly that he got injured again, he should be fined. tata is fine when he has to fill in for a few games. you can't expect him to replace mike for over 20 games. he is the least of our problems when our defenders produce one brain fart after another.

- piolismo
this pressing system can't be executed over an entire season, especially when you have injured players all the time. teams figure it out sooner or later. elite teams expose our set-up with ease as seen in the CL. we have no tactical alternative and literally no possession game. if we can't counterattack, we almost always have problems creating clear cut chances. attacking patterns against low block teams don't even exist. that is all on pioli and thereby he also shares the blame to a great extent.

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
even ibra can't figure out lealol but we're supposed to count on him ? :lol:
No, we should count on Pioli and let Leao walk out for free. In 2026 Adli and CDK may be good enough to get more than 15 minutes on the field. However, we will have troubles renewing them at that time and they will walk out for free too.

sheva

suso's dog
Reaction score
it's not just the quality of the squad, but a mixture of different issues:

- consecutive bad transfer windows
@Curupira likes to say that we are currently paying for the scudetto. well he's not wrong, although i think we are paying much more for the bad mercatos( :o) . not renewing / losing key players for free and bringing in a bunch of kids to replace them won't get you too far. it has been said here several times last summer that this midfield is doomed to fail. same problem with the defense. the corpse of kjaer is our first option from the bench.... alongside gabbia. thiaw? bullied by a washed lukkaku. and don't even get me started on our offense.
if we call for pioli's head, there are just as many reasons to call for MM's.

- overperforming last seaon / regression this season
let's face it, this team overperformed last leason. no one really expected them to win the scudetto. after all, #daPlan had not projected it yet either. tomori and kalulu were titled as world class center backs but they never were, they simply had an amzing form during our scudetto run-in. players like theo or tonali are in a slump. this season we are undergoing a reversion to the mean. obviously, we're not as shitty as january would suggest, but a lot of things are coming together at the moment.
20/21 --> competing for top 4 (it's not like we were a lock for top 4, we finished 2nd with just 2 points away from 5th place)
21/22 --> scudetto
22/23 --> competing for top 4

- injuries
have become normal at milan... but it's not normal for your gk to be out for half the season due to muscle injuries!! honestly if he wanted to be at the world cup so badly that he got injured again, he should be fined. tata is fine when he has to fill in for a few games. you can't expect him to replace mike for over 20 games. he is the least of our problems when our defenders produce one brain fart after another.

- piolismo
this pressing system can't be executed over an entire season, especially when you have injured players all the time. teams figure it out sooner or later. elite teams expose our set-up with ease as seen in the CL. we have no tactical alternative and literally no possession game. if we can't counterattack, we almost always have problems creating clear cut chances. attacking patterns against low block teams don't even exist. that is all on pioli and thereby he also shares the blame to a great extent.
this is like chatgpt summarising negativity force

Pigeon

CR7 of CEO's
Reaction score
Fav. Players
gaetano f. intrieri
Players like Adli and CDK would've been some of the hottest names right now if they were in Benfica/Dortmund/Leipzig. Maybe Lazetic and Thiaw too.
the hottest names were/are already in benfica/dortmund/leipzig -> enzo, bellingham, olmo, ...

which clubs were actually interested in adli and cdk beside milan? leeds and...?:proud:

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
the hottest names were/are already in benfica/dortmund/leipzig -> enzo, bellingham, olmo, ...

which clubs were actually interested in adli and cdk beside milan? leeds and...?:proud:
You think Bellingham was going to play under Pioli? :lol:

Who was interested in Kvara? No other club bar Napoli (talking about serious interest). Same for Kalulu, Enzo, Caicedo, etc. There are usually no big battles for talents. The big battles happen when they explode, but you need to give them chance to do it.

Pigeon

CR7 of CEO's
Reaction score
Fav. Players
gaetano f. intrieri
You think Bellingham was going to play under Pioli? :lol:
when you pay 25mil for a 17 year old, you can be sure that he will play. no matter if the coach is bioli or not. his talent is not even remotely comparable to cdk or adli.

Liedholm

sugondese
Reaction score
No, we should count on Pioli and let Leao walk out for free. In 2026 Adli and CDK may be good enough to get more than 15 minutes on the field. However, we will have troubles renewing them at that time and they will walk out for free too.
and all that will be poili fault? lol. all this MM fuck ups transfer and looks like only pioli get so much blame. if he didn't even start adli maybe because adli really shit in training. come from relegated baguette league. 0 serie a exp and people think he's hairy zidane. as much as i hate what pioli did recently, he know his player better. maybe adli/cdk play much worse as rcm than mesiass who knows. and MM never openly blame pioli on his recent player selection or smth, they sucks each other dicks. everyone is to blame for the current situation, the color of this club is never wrong, its the people running it. fuck em all

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
It’s fine. As long as Saele as is the RWB. Thiaw one of the CBs. Messias doesn’t see the pitch ever again. Leao is one of the 2 strikes. CDK or Diaz one of the RCM or even they can play as AM or RW in a 3-4-3 formation.

Basically I think this would work. And I swear if Pioli does this on Friday, he’ll gain back my support. (Krunic for Bennacer of Benna is still injured and I guess Tata for Big Mike)

View attachment 15071
Thiaw in the middle, Origi for Giroud, and you have our optimal 11. Works even if it’s a 4231 with the same players.

Last edited:

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The Pioli is not a youth coach spin doesn't make any sense if he is playing 22yo in the same positions, which were 20-21 when he started playing them.

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
when you pay 25mil for a 17 year old, you can be sure that he will play. no matter if the coach is bioli or not. his talent is not even remotely comparable to cdk or adli.
We blew 35 m on CDK and the kid doesn't even know how the grass on SS feels.
Pioli stopped integrating young players for some reason. It is a fact. Kalulu would've been in Thiaw's position right now if Kjaer and Romagnoli weren't made of glass.

P.S. If you want a youth project, you hire the right coach. 50+ yo Italian is the last choice you should make.

pippofan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rivera, Altafini, Maldini, Nesta, Baresi, Prati, Van Basten, Kaka`, Albertini, Gullit
Would you all spend the 13 mill to get De Zerbi and continue with Messias or would you spend all 13 to get the Chilean winger for Pioli to still play Messias all of next season?

These are the eternal struggles of Milan right now
I love De Zerbi, to me one of the best young coaches in Europe. Did a fantastic job at Sassuolo and Shakhtar and now at Brighton and has developed a ton of young players. He often comes on as a guest on SportItalia and has a great personality as well as the ability to analyze matches when asked by the host. I would pay the 13 millions because his salary won't be too high but would ensure a long run of great results. I worry that Juve will also go after him but as one of our former youth players I'm sure he prefers us. Maybe we should start a poll on who should be our next coach.

AC Kid

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka'<3, Pato, Romagnoli, Gigio, Marco Asensio, Andre Silva
Forza Milan.. we’ll be back one day

Was planning a trip to Milan to celebrate scudetto this year after missing last year’s celebrations. Shit happens I guess

Pigeon

CR7 of CEO's
Reaction score
Fav. Players
gaetano f. intrieri
We blew 35 m on CDK and the kid doesn't even know how the grass on SS feels.
Pioli stopped integrating young players for some reason. It is a fact. Kalulu would've been in Thiaw's position right now if Kjaer and Romagnoli weren't made of glass.
...but he's playing right? just like leao and tonali in their first season. i think he gets enough playing time.
however, he has not yet provided a single reason why he should be preferred to brahim. how is pioli to blame for this? cdk has simply not been convincing so far.

pioli has successfully integrated leao, tonali, bennacer, theo, tomori. these are all players who have cost more than 20mil.
now he is expected to integrate allegedly highly talented players like adli and vranckx and replace key players with them? those players who came in the last week of the transfer market as filler or were previously on loan for a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.