Choose your ethical dilemma

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shevrolet

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
The amount of shit thrown at Pioli. Dios mio.
I will never shit on such a gentleman who has given us so much. Nothing but love for our Espresso Mister .We're bad right now, like banter era bad. But i hope he's able to turn it around.
He's one of us. He will always be on fire. However, if he gets fired or if he stays, que sera sera i guess.

To get this squad to even play at banter era level is nothing short of a miracle. Do to injuries and so on we have 3-4 players in every game that wouldnt even have made it in the squad during the dark years. There's to much shit in this squad. That is a Redbird problem, not on Pioli.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
giphy.gif
Bennacer fan's tactics:

- Point out he's the best on the team
- When his dumb shit is pointed out - "EVERYBODY GETS DRIBBLED/MAKE BRAINFARTS FROM TIME TO TIME" or "He's just got a bad temper, it's okay to be booked"
- When pointed out his shit play after hes booked - BUT BUT TONALI

Cloren

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roger Federer is the GOAT

Even other players from other clubs already know Piolito and his modus operandi. New signings are sent on the bench and will only play if a player gets injured :lol:

ZBoban

Milan Icon
Reaction score
I will never shit on such a gentleman who has given us so much. Nothing but love for our Espresso Mister .We're bad right now, like banter era bad. But i hope he's able to turn it around.
He's one of us. He will always be on fire. However, if he gets fired or if he stays, que sera sera i guess.

To get this squad to even play at banter era level is nothing short of a miracle. Do to injuries and so on we have 3-4 players in every game that wouldnt even have made it in the squad during the dark years. There's to much shit in this squad. That is a Redbird problem, not on Pioli.
:star::star::star::star::star:

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Both of you are two of the best posters on the forum.

We don't need to fall apart because the team is guys. All this factions nonsense needs to end. For instance brk is a great poster. I disagree with him a lot but I respect his knowledge and the time he puts into his posts.

We gotta be a little more gentle with each other else this place won't be as fun as it always was
You right.

But if someone wants to tell me how they feel about me (totally fine btw), I am not going to be quiet like I don't have an opinion either.

Then again, I've always said it's good we bump heads from time to time so we understand each other's boundaries.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Ancelotti has won 4 trophies in 2022. He's 2nd in the league with let’s face it, a decent amount of points. Barcelona have been just way too solid. He’s also in the Copa del Rey SF and still in CL. They’ve been slumping a bit but still win most of the time. Ancelotti has also received minimal backing compared to lets Barcelona for example. Ancelotti is under threat.

Pioli on the other hand, we are out of Coppa. We are 6th in the league. We lost 5 out of the last 6 games in comical fashion. Have the worst defensive record in 2023. Pioli’s job is 100% safe 🤡

The great clubs are cutthroat & always expected to be great.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
It really is a wild change of pace, even accepting that we were weaker this season than we looked at the end of the scudetto push. The wins weren't coming so easily but they were happening consistently, and now it feels like the guys go out expecting to lose.

It's especially weird because the team unity and the relationship between Pioli and the players were some of the key reasons we won the scudetto at all. Now all of that seems to have disappeared in a shockingly short time. Krunic said, "We are still a strong, united group that works hard, but something is not the same as before. We need to get back to the enthusiasm of before as soon as possible."

I wonder if it's just a young, relatively inexperienced team going through their first major setback and not being able to handle it? But I don't know where the energy and the fire has gone. Theo is just walking around! Tonali has seemed out of it for weeks.

I said I was getting paranoid about Mike because 5 months for a calf strain seems absurd but I also have a weird feeling about the whole squad, like something's going on that's fucking with everyone's heads. I love Theo but I can't stand seeing these compilations of him not giving a fuck and ambling about while we concede.
It has been very clear to me since the supercoppa, the friendlies were disastrous and the sputtering restart had me weary but that 0-3 confirmed it.

You rightly point out how the season went - despite our issues we were still getting results and believing but ever since the WC break the unity and commitment seems gone and now it seems they just blame Tata instead of looking inwardly. I was sure that they would rise to play well against Inter in the cup match and when we got destroyed I knew its going to take something drastic or we may limp to the end of the season.

gioiuzza

Milan Veteran
Reaction score

Tomori and Bennacer working to be back for Tottenham, Mike's return date will be based on "how the calf responds"...

I just don't think it's his calf. I don't know what it is but I don't believe this was just a muscle strain at all.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Friday vs Torino & Tuesday vs Tottenham should be in or out for Pioli.

If they continue to suck and Maldini doesn't boot him out then they don't care about finishing top 4.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Tomori and Bennacer working to be back for Tottenham, Mike's return date will be based on "how the calf responds"...

I just don't think it's his calf. I don't know what it is but I don't believe this was just a muscle strain at all.

If it's really that close, do we really want to risk it?

We stopped kamikaze press last game and Tata didn't concede as many goals and was many's best player of the match for us last game, coincidence?

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
It has been very clear to me since the supercoppa, the friendlies were disastrous and the sputtering restart had me weary but that 0-3 confirmed it.

You rightly point out how the season went - despite our issues we were still getting results and believing but ever since the WC break the unity and commitment seems gone and now it seems they just blame Tata instead of looking inwardly. I was sure that they would rise to play well against Inter in the cup match and when we got destroyed I knew its going to take something drastic or we may limp to the end of the season.
People here said not to make anything of the December friendlies though.

BaniCPT

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Bennacer fan's tactics:

- When his dumb shit is pointed out - "EVERYBODY GETS DRIBBLED/MAKE BRAINFARTS FROM TIME TO TIME" or "He's just got a bad temper, it's okay to be booked"
What about tonali vs Lazio. His brainfart allowed SMS to WALTZ into our box and score. Make a gif about that

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
You originally said "constantly 1st or 2nd before the Scudetto", which I corrected you. We were 6th, 2nd (ignoring point difference), then Scudetto.

You corrected yourself and added that 2.5 years straight and started the time line at post-Covid.

It wouldn't change that, you are right. I have been on record saying I am satisfied with just top 4 finishes. I am not mad at the 2nd place just because it's closer to 5th than 1st.

I just said it's important to recognize the nuance behind the 2nd, because it could have easily been 3rd, 4th. And if you look at our situation now, it's not that much different than that season.

But you see how after you told me "look the tally says we are 2nd, 2nd best team at end of the year, no matter what kind of negative spin you want to put on it" (paraphrase) and then now switching to talking to point per game is a bit of a redirect right?

Alright bro, I apologize as well. I never said anything about "spinning" before but felt like I was spun on so that's why I quoted the quotes to be funny. Hope we are still good. 🍻🍻🍻

Now I get what you mean. I partly agree, partly disagree, but that's fine. Just for clarification: I loosely based my 2,5/3 years timeline on when Pioli took over. That I maybe should have said before ;)

Anyway, we're good. You're still one of my fav posters :)

I can only speak for myself, but I think most of us distinguish between Pioli the man and Pioli the coach. Pioli as far as I know him through the media is a gentleman in and out, a very straight forward person that is also very clear in communicating why he takes some decisions even when you disagree with them. He never throws players under the bus, he's not afraid of taking the blame, he's a father figure and a very honorable man.

And while I defended his coaching through 90% of his time here - damn those last few weeks were something, and I don't see and end yet. So when I'm harshly critisizing Pioli I'm never attacking the man, but the coach. Just like I openly and harshly critisized Gattusos coaching during his time here. But damn is Rino a honorable man and the way he took his severance to pay the staff that got unemployed with him is a thing of beauty. I'll always love Rino the player and respect Rino the man who quite obviously even bleeds red and black, but I don't like Rino the coach. That's all :).

Even other players from other clubs already know Piolito and his modus operandi. New signings are sent on the bench and will only play if a player gets injured :lol:

Or is he saying that Messias would bench him? :o

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Yeah I was one of them because you really shouldn't make too much of friendlies most of the time. You play against teams that are in a different point of prep, you play with half your team at the worldcup or in vacations. Etc. etc.

But when we played full force against PSV days before our league opener where you're supposed to figure well because that's where your preparation leads to - and we still miserably lost 3:0 - that's where even I understood that something bad was in the making. I only never would have thought it would be this bad.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
Bennacer fan's tactics:

Remember Kessie getting destroyed for two bad tackles from a trigger finger ref :proud:

I still could live with his shit tackles if he would stop gifting glorious chances on our doorstep.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Remember Kessie getting destroyed for two bad tackles from a trigger finger ref :proud:

I still could live with his shit tackles if he would stop gifting glorious chances on our doorstep.
but what about Tonali though?

And nah, 1.5m a year is okay to do those shit tackles. 4m a year, you should have a bit of a brain.

ibelongtomilan

Bohemian Rhapsody
Reaction score
It’s fine. As long as Saele as is the RWB. Thiaw one of the CBs. Messias doesn’t see the pitch ever again. Leao is one of the 2 strikes. CDK or Diaz one of the RCM or even they can play as AM or RW in a 3-4-3 formation.

Basically I think this would work. And I swear if Pioli does this on Friday, he’ll gain back my support. (Krunic for Bennacer of Benna is still injured and I guess Tata for Big Mike)

View attachment 15071

Too high IQ for Pioli.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Yeah - I remember.....fondly, being laughed at by some that love to come off as understanding the game so much better than us peasants.

Mr. Tea

Ac Milan Icon
Reaction score
Can our lord and savior Zlatan still be called up for Tottenham? Looks like he’s just about ready

BaniCPT

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
but what about Tonali though?

And nah, 1.5m a year is okay to do those shit tackles. 4m a year, you should have a bit of a brain.
The problem you don't see Stevie Wonder, is that most players will have dips in concentration (brainfart in your case) nobody said these players are robots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule