Choose your ethical dilemma

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

BillyTheKid

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Which makes Brahim as the third attacker a completely nonsensical choice.

I am starting to get really pissed off at opportunities never being given to CDK, Adli, Vranckx and Thiaw.
Maldini attends all the trainings. If those you mentioned deserved a chance, he would make sure they get it.

Now, assuming that Maldini is clueless about football is another thing and requires a great deal of confidence, ignorance, or both.

We should have learned by now that Pioli and Maldini are in constant communication. At least, they appear as such on the surface. One might say that they are pretending it and behind the scenes things are not going so well between them. But I doubt it.

Sent from my XQ-CQ54 using Tapatalk

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Maldini attends all the trainings. If those you mentioned deserved a chance, he would make sure they get it.

Now, assuming that Maldini is clueless about football is another thing and requires a great deal of confidence, ignorance, or both.

We should have learned by now that Pioli and Maldini are in constant communication. At least, they appear as such on the surface. One might say that they are pretending it and behind the scenes things are not going so well between them. But I doubt it.

I would think it's more so Maldini not meddling in Pioli's player selections and formations.

Forza AC Milan

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Gabbia has recovered and is ahead in the runoff with #Thiaw. Line 3 behind confirmed. #Diaz attacking midfielder behind #Giroud and #Leão, with #Krunic and #Tonali in the midfield

via @DiMarzio

Why can this guy not just play 4-3-3? Why not try it with a front 3 of CDK on the right, Origi/Rebic and Leao on the left? At least we can go something on the break. Or play Diaz on the right if you must play him while playing 3 midfielders.

What is wrong with Pioli?

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Tbh if you were redbird you wouldnt spend either. Obviously there is a problem with pioli and MM or redbird. He knows they cant sack him cos of his new contract. Also he doesnt have much to lose. So he will do what he wants and say fuck you to everyone else to get one over redbird.

As in why would you when this guy never satfts anyone new.
If red bird was against Pioli why would they agree to his extension? Usually contract matters of the coach of the main team don´t fall under ordinary administration within the sole competence of a TD but require permission from higher up.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think they fit Devis to sell him and free up a non eu spot next season. The only reason I can think of to waste another non eu on a third goalkeeper that will never play.
The way Devis talked about himself and his ambitions... he talked like he was being brought here to compete with Maignan.

You have to bet on yourself in his profession and have the utmost belief, it's the only way to survive, but, goodness... did that boy talk.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
I think they fit Devis to sell him and free up a non eu spot next season. The only reason I can think of to waste another non eu on a third goalkeeper that will never play.
Sell for him what, and to whom?

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
This sounds straight up copy of 'we are purchasing Messias to sell to Monza for profit'

In actuality - panic buy because someone said this kid is an overlooked prospect when they knew they couldn't acquire Sportiello (or any keeper costing real money) in January.

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
I wonder who is more responsible for our current form among RedBird , Maldini , Pioli & the players.
Rank them most first.

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
The way Devis talked about himself and his ambitions... he talked like he was being brought here to compete with Maignan.

You have to bet on yourself in his profession and have the utmost belief, it's the only way to survive, but, goodness... did that boy talk.

i think he was bought to compete. and he maybe/probably can like Probably Adli Vranckx Thiaw CDK* could have played a bigger role... but Pioli have his players who give him "guarantees"

i don't see no reason to buy a GK in January if it wasn't to remedy the "problems" with Tata and Mirante. numerically we were "ok".
2 First team and experienced GKs. normally, that should be enough, even with Maignan's uncertainty.

CDK is one of the maybe 2 young (19-21) signings Pioli gave a real crack at first team almost immediately, the other being Tonali, whose integration accelerated by Bennacer injuries ...
which is why i don't quite agree with this new narrative of people putting him in the same category of "not getting enough opportunities" as Vranckx Adli and Thiaw....his chances did dry up lately as it became hard to keep him in the starting line up giving the (un)productivity ... to his full defense though, the machine is broken, so no one can really be productive.
and that's why i don't even blame individual players nor start thinking of signings needed. i think the biggest obstacle right now is the coach. with better integration of the new player and a continuation on last years principles and style, this squad as it is right now (with injuries), should still be functioning 10x better than it is....
failure to do that has created bigger problems, fatigue and loss of confidence. and it's hard to recover from that.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
I wonder who is more responsible for our current form among RedBird , Maldini , Pioli & the players.
Rank them most first.
Everyone's almost equally to blame.

If it were a pie chart Pioli gets the biggest slice. Sometimes it looks like he's not choosing on merit. Certainly the over selection of CDK and then not using him when he plays well comes to mind. Confusing and idiotic tactics. Being too conservative when we should attack etc. The list goes on and on.

Then RedBird/Maldini for not reinforcing. Then Tata specifically, but the players generally. Tomori would have a big slice too and so would Leao and Theo, not because they have been notably shit but because they haven't contributed to the offense when the team so heavily depends on them.

But again, the entire squad looks like shit because it's not being managed properly. The players' flaws aren't particularly glaring. Calabria isn't the only slowish fullback ever to play. Bennacer isn't the only rash midfielder ever. Leao's languid style isn't something that the world has never seen. A good manager masks the flaws and maximizes the players' upsides. Fucking David Beckham played RW and almost won a golden ball under SAF despite not being fast nor the best dribbler. Ancelotti found a way to play a 12 year old girl in P!rl0 and get him to be productive etc.

Last edited:

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Rank them most first.
Especially with a young squad like ours it is also possible to have a bad phase without someone to blame majorly. If we scrape a win against Roma and keep confidence we would probably be in a much better state even with some of the same little errors happening along the way.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
i think he was bought to compete. and he maybe/probably can like Probably Adli Vranckx Thiaw CDK* could have played a bigger role... but Pioli have his players who give him "guarantees"

i don't see no reason to buy a GK in January if it wasn't to remedy the "problems" with Tata and Mirante. numerically we were "ok".
2 First team and experienced GKs. normally, that should be enough, even with Maignan's uncertainty.

CDK is one of the maybe 2 young (19-21) signings Pioli gave a real crack at first team almost immediately, the other being Tonali, whose integration accelerated by Bennacer injuries ...
which is why i don't quite agree with this new narrative of people putting him in the same category of "not getting enough opportunities" as Vranckx Adli and Thiaw....his chances did dry up lately as it became hard to keep him in the starting line up giving the (un)productivity ... to his full defense though, the machine is broken, so no one can really be productive.
and that's why i don't even blame individual players nor start thinking of signings needed. i think the biggest obstacle right now is the coach. with better integration of the new player and a continuation on last years principles and style, this squad as it is right now (with injuries), should still be functioning 10x better than it is....
failure to do that has created bigger problems, fatigue and loss of confidence. and it's hard to recover from that.
I've never been more upset with how Pioli is running this team. Even when he first came here, I could see what he was doing, even when I didn't agree with it.

The derby lineup though really, really annoyed me. It didn't even work.

The more I see Thiaw and Vranckx, the more I wonder why they haven't been given more of a chance.

CDK lacks confidence, but I also think he looks out-of-place as our CAM. The only game where he looked comfortable in his position (since his early flurry looking good) was when he got to play in the 352 against Torino. He needs a goal, and I think he's been unlucky, hitting the bar a few times, and having others taken off for offside. He just needs one to go in to relax.

But I also think Pioli hasn't used him properly. He used Messias instead of Pobega or Vranckx, it was... I have no sympathy for Pioli, and worse yet, the injuries are something that are clearly the result of his staffing choices. It's been an issue every season he's been here. And he just got a new guy apparently? Who has done what? Maignan is about to be injured for six months from a calf injury.

I'm annoyed because I think we have very seldom been able to see what this team can actually do. We're not going into the Spurs game with anywhere close to our full squad, and it looks like we're forcing Tomori and Bennacer back early on top of that. We never can see this full team because it's always filled with injuries, and at this point, that's on Pioli and his preparation.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Maldini blameless?
xhQ.gif

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
I've never been more upset with how Pioli is running this team. Even when he first came here, I could see what he was doing, even when I didn't agree with it.

The more I see Thiaw and Vranckx, the more I wonder why they haven't been given more of a chance.

CDK lacks confidence, but I also think he looks out-of-place as our CAM. The only game where he looked comfortable in his position (since his early flurry looking good) was when he got to play in the 352 against Torino. He needs a goal, and I think he's been unlucky, hitting the bar a few times, and having others taken off for offside. He just needs one to go in to relax.

But I also think Pioli hasn't used him properly. He used Messias instead of Pobega or Vranckx, it was... I have no sympathy for Pioli, and worse yet, the injuries are something that are clearly the result of his staffing choices. It's been an issue every season he's been here. And he just got a new guy apparently? Who has done what? Maignan is about to be injured for six months from a calf injury.

I'm annoyed because I think we have very seldom been able to see what this team can actually do. We're not going into the Spurs game with anywhere close to our full squad, and it looks like we're forcing Tomori and Bennacer back early on top of that. We never can see this full team because it's always filled with injuries, and at this point, that's on Pioli and his preparation.

agree.

Pioli literally went from being my Favorite Milan coach to not liking him at all ... and it didn't happen overnight, he's been chipping steadily at my "love" from since the season started.
even though we were getting results, it didn't feel the same... destroyed the style of play we had, consistently trying to push square pegs into circle holes & his obsession with players who don't really add much in disfavour of young talented ones. (we'll see it again on friday).

bad periods happen, knowing that the coach is completely unable to respond in those periods. hell, he makes decisions to worsen them... that doesn't make you want to continue.

BillyTheKid

Starting Eleven
Reaction score

So, he turned into shit in a matter of a few months? If he was always that bad, why did he get renewed? Who is more responsible, a shitty coach, or a manager who appoints him?

Others here are expecting him to perform at the level of Ferguson and Ancelotti! Seriously???

Also, it is not like that he has a team of superstars. The only star player he has is Theo. Even Leao is not a superstar. How much did he play for Portugal in WC? Wake up, please, we have a bunch of mediocre players. They just over performed last season because Pioli pushed them beyond their limits at the expense of severe and chronic injuries. He exhausted the team even mentally. We had to pay for that at some point.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Rank them most first.
1. Pioli- Already won a scudetto with a majority of the current players, the drop off this season is inexcusable.
2. Maldini- Not given a lot of money to work with, but with what he had he screwed up big time. Plus he handed out a stupid extension to Pioli.
3. Red Bird- Cheap, but I'll reserve judgment until the summer transfer window.
4. Players

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Don't forget the same thing happened with Kalulu. Pioli only played him because had to. The CB options were hurt.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
agree.

Pioli literally went from being my Favorite Milan coach to not liking him at all ... and it didn't happen overnight, he's been chipping steadily at my "love" from since the season started.
even though we were getting results, it didn't feel the same... destroyed the style of play we had, consistently trying to push square pegs into circle holes & his obsession with players who don't really add much in disfavour of young talented ones. (we'll see it again on friday).

bad periods happen, knowing that the coach is completely unable to respond in those periods. hell, he makes decisions to worsen them... that doesn't make you want to continue.
I completely agree. Pioli is acting with an entitlement as if he's Sacchi, Capello, or Lippi. After his tactics messed up the Roma-Milan game from a win to a draw, he reacted by turning up the suicide tactics even more. He went too defensive when the game (Roma) was in control, and so his reaction was to go all-out attack for the next few games, when the team looked rattled and low on confidence, and he just... continued with it like he's Bielsa?

I don't understand how Adli hasn't been given more of a chance. Honestly. In our pre-season games (summer and winter) he consistently looked like he could do things, but he's not getting a shot, at all? Vrackx gave up a silly foul against Roma, okay, fine, but every cameo he's provided energy and steel that we clearly are lacking right now. It seems like Vranckx is being punished for that foul, why? Thiaw looked bad in winter pre-season, where he got beat for pace badly, fine. But Thiaw looks like a talent, and Tomori and Kalulu look exhausted and Tomori is now injured, with Bennacer, because of how little rest they get.

The annoying part with Pioli is that he seemingly has solutions in front of him. Play like you did against Juventus earlier this year, instead of a 352. Why drop Leao against Inter?

The final reason I don't want to hear about "well... Pioli sees the players in training" line anymore is... yeah, he does, and yet he decided that Messias as our RCM was the plan in a 352 against Inter. I'm at a loss for all his choices. All of them.

After the Napoli game, I was upset at the result, but with the way we played, especially without Leao, I was confident that Pioli was pushing this team. We looked on a different level to them. Against Inter in the first game, again, completely different level (until the last 10 minutes when Brahim came on) and yet... that's gone.

I want Pioli to turn it around, only because I want what's best for Milan. If we win the CL with the 352 and Messias at RCM, and Adli being sold to Grenoble Foot 38, and Giroud and Origi starting with Leao on the bench... I won't care. But right now? I just want him to get us a CL spot and move on, because I think he's handled this period really poorly.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
So, he turned into shit in a matter of a few months? If he was always that bad, why did he get renewed? Who is more responsible, a shitty coach, or a manager who appoints him?

Others here are expecting him to perform at the level of Ferguson and Ancelotti! Seriously???

Also, it is not like that he has a team of superstars. The only star player he has is Theo. Even Leao is not a superstar. How much did he play for Portugal in WC? Wake up, please, we have a bunch of mediocre players. They just over performed last season because Pioli pushed them beyond their limits at the expense of severe and chronic injuries. He exhausted the team even mentally. We had to pay for that at some point.

In the last few months, everything that Pioli did that got him here, he's stopped doing.

He stopped giving chances to younger players. Maybe he only did that because of injuries before? Maybe he was brave? I don't know the real reason why. Either way, he hasn't used his new players. And when he does, he either has used them randomly, giving them no rhythm, and in weird places (Thiaw as a RB, Pobega more attacking, Adli... never, etc)

If you're going to play Messias as your RCM, those are the sorts of gambles that have to work when you are managing Milan. Ferguson and Ancelotti managed elite, big clubs, like Man Utd and Milan, not Bournemouth and Spezia.

I'm sorry, I know that it is fashionable to pretend that our players aren't good, and that last year was a fluke... I find that to be a pretty tiresome argument. Not only because we've seen our players be elite for... y'know... a long time. But that when the entire team looks like shit, I think that falls on the manager. Every player is going to have a bad patch of form, and unless you want to argue that all of our players just so happen to be playing badly at the same time, then I'm sorry, Pioli has to take responsibility here.

Theo only started games for France because his brother (unfortunately) got hurt. Deschamps is a moron, he just happens to have more talent up-and-down his entire squad to cover up how stupid his selections are. Who cares whether Leao started for Portugal or not? Leao is an elite player, one of the best in his position, and he's shown that talent. Tomori has shown that he can be an elite defender. Kalulu has shown he's an incredible talent, same with Bennacer, with Tonali, with Maignan, with several players on this team.

CDK was a super hyped player. When the BBC has an article about you, you aren't some "secret stats-nerd player" that isn't scouted. Adli is one of those players, but he also made a Ligue 1 team-of-the-year with Maignan, partnering Tchouameni... how shit can he really be?

Pioli hasn't shown that he's some incredible manager for me to say "oh, it's the players fault!" If we had Klopp or Pep, then sure, I'll agree with you. But Pioli doesn't have that track record. Those players gave him that, and to be fair to him, he earned it, too. But right now? I think Pioli is the biggest problem.

And the injuries that we have had to overcome? They're mostly on him. Look at Conte with Inter, how few injuries they had. Look at how the same trainer, went to Madrid last year, and look at how much Carlo was able to rely on older players, look at the fitness levels of his team. If the injuries were just this year, you know what? I would be making excuses all day for Pioli. The problem is, these injuries are constant. We're not talking ligament tears, broken bones, dislocated stuff--no manager, no training staff can stop that, but those aren't the injuries that are killing us.

It's muscular injuries. Hamstrings. Hip muscles. Calf injuries to our goal keeper. Those injuries are clearly his fault, we can say that, without a question.

If you want to say that Redbird didn't give enough transfer reinforcement for Pioli to push to the next level, I'll agree with you. I wanted a CB, a CM, and a RW (plus other various pieces). CDK I thought was a RW, but he's our CAM, apparently. So, as far as being able to keep building/replace players we lost, transfers have fallen way short. But, maybe if Thiaw and Vranckx were... I dunno... talented, maybe they'd be big pieces that we could rely on? We don't know... because they seldom play.

But, did we get the sorts of transfers that I wanted? Or that fans wanted? Or that even Pioli wanted? No. I don't think so.

But should we be... where we are right now? Absolutely not. And I think Pioli has to take the blame for that, because he's the one who is putting out weird tactics and isn't able to get the best performances out of our players. Again, we didn't just lose to Lazio and Sassuolo, we got smashed.

Pioli has lost my trust, and he's got a really shitty few games in front of him to turn it around. I hope he does.

Allan_Sombrero

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Me :o
Hope springs eternal.
I might be an eeyore fuck but I try to hope for a better day.
One day Milan will be back to the top, or at least where we were in the 2000's (second to Madrid)
One day I'll get to fuck two big booty Brazilian women*

*Fuck you @Allan_Sombrero

Not if I fuck them first :o

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule