Choose your ethical dilemma

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I still think we need to get 3rd not 4th. I trust Juve’s penalty as much as I do Pioli right now.
Absolutely, i'm only looking at 3rd place. I'd rather Roma win today, or at least draw. We need a big pileup under Napoli, we can't have Inter or Lazio drift away.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Nonsense
brk clearly said leao is the last one that hasn't yet renewed, Maldini haters mudded
Why make it about me? It's a fact that after Donnarumma, Hakan and Kessie, everyone has renewed besides Leao. Why the sarcasm?

It's arguable that we haven't adequately replaced Kessie and Hakan, but we clearly upgraded on Donnarumma, both financially and techincally. Maignan is a better player and leader and is paid much less. It's a massive upgrade.

Kessie is a huge loss. Hakan although he's a rat bastard, was an important and versatile player for us. I don't think we replaced either of them well with Brahim and Bakayoko. We don't pass the ball as well without Hakan or someone similar, and we sure as hell don't dominate the midfield as well without Kessie. We needed to revert to the 3 CM shape that won us the title last season. Even when we played with Kessie we didn't do well until we played a third CM in that AM position. Still waiting for Pioli to remember this.

Let's just get to the summer and then we can fix the squad.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
FriKZO9XgAAEdaW

Average positions are usually pointless, but it does tell us a few things. We weren't really a balanced 343 yesterday or a 4231. Tomori for some reason played lower than Thiaw. There's a gigantic hole in the middle. Brahim, Saelemaekers, Bennecer and Kalulu all crowded and sharing the same sort of zone (echoes the point I made about this area being confused). Leao much more central than we would like, he needs to hug the touchline, which means he was more of an inside forward/second striker than a winger.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Of course they will sell. And they will build two equally strong teams to dominate Italy for years. Hats of to Napoli and De Laurentiis.

I mean, we can sell Theo for 100m too, and we're making at least 80m than Napoli anyway. Does that mean we can reinvest that money and end up the better team? I doubt it. It's always a risk spending money and any player Napoli buy will be a downgrade on Kvara.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Perks of having competent management and coach.
Must be nice.
Napoli have had the same management since 2016. It's taken them 7 years to find the right mix. It's not a given that they will do the same once they cash out and rebuild. Their track record is more negative than positive.

voom

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I mean, we can sell Theo for 100m too, and we're making at least 80m than Napoli anyway. Does that mean we can reinvest that money and end up the better team? I doubt it. It's always a risk spending money and any player Napoli buy will be a downgrade on Kvara.
180 milion is serious money. They bought Kvara for 10 milion! 170 of clean profit. They could reinvest that money in defence for example and midfield . I agree that they wouldn't find another Kvara ,but knowing their scouting they would find decent replacement.
Napoli isn't afraid to splash money on good player. They paid Osimhen big money ,look what he is doing. Did we ever bought player more than 45 million? Napoli sold Higuain for 90 something millions ,that was great business . Look at our impotent attack. So sad. Our sallary structure is admirable ,but as we see it will not last, if we want to keep best players you need to pay them. We lost top players because of sallary cap shit. Maldini did awful job last year.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I am pretty sure they will be fine after receiving 300 m for Kvara and Osimhen
I don't think they'll guarantee a better team next season. They need to spend about as much to guarantee equally good players. You can't get anyone as good as Kvara or Osimhen for less then 150m, and you'll have to convince them to play for Napoli. Most superstars don't want to go there. You can try, but it's a risk as always. I'm also 100% sure they won't reinvest everything into the market. They've been running at a loss for about 3 or 4 years now, they usually run at a small profit. ADL will want to pay himself back. If he's smart (and he is) he'll also be looking to sell the club at this high water mark.

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I don't think they'll guarantee a better team next season. They need to spend about as much to guarantee equally good players. You can't get anyone as good as Kvara or Osimhen for less then 150m, and you'll have to convince them to play for Napoli. Most superstars don't want to go there. You can try, but it's a risk as always. I'm also 100% sure they won't reinvest everything into the market. They've been running at a loss for about 3 or 4 years now, they usually run at a small profit. ADL will want to pay himself back. If he's smart (and he is) he'll also be looking to sell the club at this high water mark.
And will still smoke us with 25 points next season as we are stuck with the bald genius who was extended for no good reason.

voom

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Imagine giving a shit about napoli.

We have nobody but ourselves to blame for this shit show. As always.
That approach is bad. We must give a shit ,because other teams are leaving us in the dust. If De Laurentiis praise our sallary structure and say that Napoli must follow same path ,that means that he care for his club and want to become better.
Never seen defending champions fell this bad like Milan ,it's inexcusable .

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
180 milion is serious money. They bought Kvara for 10 milion! 170 of clean profit. They could reinvest that money in defence for example and midfield . I agree that they wouldn't find another Kvara ,but knowing their scouting they would find decent replacement.
Napoli isn't afraid to splash money on good player. They paid Osimhen big money ,look what he is doing. Did we ever bought player more than 45 million? Napoli sold Higuain for 90 something millions ,that was great business . Look at our impotent attack. So sad. Our sallary structure is admirable ,but as we see it will not last, if we want to keep best players you need to pay them. We lost top players because of sallary cap shit. Maldini did awful job last year.
Kvara was a once in a lifetime deal. 10m to 150m+ in one season is unheard of. It won't happen again. Good for them and i'm jealous.

Higuain is a good example. They sold him for a record and didn't really invest much that summer (got Milik and Pavoletti for a combined 50m). They cashed out. I think he'll do the same. They've also been spending a lot on so so players. Not every deal they make is an undervalued gem.

Sometimes they do great. Sold Jorginho for 57m (wow) and got Ruiz for 30m which was a great deal. But they've also had some overinflated duds since Giuntoli took over in summer 2015:

Milik 32m
Maksimovic 21m
Verdi 24.5m
Lozano 45m
Manolas 36m
Politano 21m
Raspadori 35m (doubt they'll trigger this option)

I mean, some of those make 35m for CDK look like a steal. They've had some gems, sure, like Lobotka, Ruiz, Kvara, Zambo, etc but Giuntoli isn't hitting homeruns every summer. It took him close to a decade to win his first title and he's looking like a genius because all the stars have aligned in one season. Giving him 300m to spend doesn't equal total dominance for Napoli in the coming cycle. They're already the third highest squad cost, and they're not getting much added revenue besides CL winnings. Their model is built on players sales to get a profit. Spending that 300m on players that guarantee performance means their squad cost will inflate a lot, and that's bad news for them in the long term. We're still the best positioned club in the long term, we just need to fix our short term issues and get the team playing football again.

Nalim

Banned
Reaction score
At this point I don’t know what would be more disastrous for the club; missing out on CL next season but getting a new coach in return or getting top 4 and then sticking with Pioli.

The owners and management talk about taking the club back to the pinnacle of European football and doing so on a budget.
Now what’s the one thing most clubs that consistently punch above their weight have in common?
They have a clear idea of how they want to operate both on and off the field. They set a vision for how they want the team to play and then they acquire managers and players accordingly. Take Brighton as an example. They lose Potter midseason and within a day or two they hire De Zerbi who plays a similar style to Potter and can pick up where his predecessor left off.
I’m not sure the management has a clear idea of who to get once Pioli is out, neither am I sure they really share Pioli’s vision for the game. He wants to play a physical high press type of football while his two main strikers are 36 and 41 years of age respectively. I mean that doesn’t instil me with much confidence that there is a coherent vision for how Milan should play.

Dream scenario: They sack Pioli in a couple of games’ time. Hire an interim manager and scrape through to a top 4 finish. Meanwhile the management have come up with a clear plan for how they want the team to play, and created a shortlist of managers capable of bringing said plan to fruition.
Then come the summer a manager is brought in. Players are sold and bought in order to fit the system and should the given manager flop, another name from that same shortlist of managers is picked ensuring that the squad fits the system.

Building an invariable structure and philosophy is key imho. I hope Maldini and co. are up to the task if not Pioli’s head isn’t the only that should roll.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Let's see first if PSG really shows up with 180M. It's one thing to write it in the newspaper. It's another to have an actual offer on the table. Somehow I have a feeling that both PSG and City will cool down a bit after there's no worldcup anymore.

To be clear: I don't think that it's unrealistic that they want to make a huge offer for Kvara, just not a world record breaking one.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
At this point I don’t know what would be more disastrous for the club; missing out on CL next season but getting a new coach in return or getting top 4 and then sticking with Pioli.

The owners and management talk about taking the club back to the pinnacle of European football and doing so on a budget.
Now what’s the one thing most clubs that consistently punch above their weight have in common?
They have a clear idea of how they want to operate both on and off the field. They set a vision for how they want the team to play and then they acquire managers and players accordingly. Take Brighton as an example. They lose Potter midseason and within a day or two they hire De Zerbi who plays a similar style to Potter and can pick up where his predecessor left off.
I’m not sure the management has a clear idea of who to get once Pioli is out, neither am I sure they really share Pioli’s vision for the game. He wants to play a physical high press type of football while his two main strikers are 36 and 41 years of age respectively. I mean that doesn’t instil me with much confidence that there is a coherent vision for how Milan should play.

Dream scenario: They sack Pioli in a couple of games’ time. Hire an interim manager and scrape through to a top 4 finish. Meanwhile the management have come up with a clear plan for how they want the team to play, and created a shortlist of managers capable of bringing said plan to fruition.
Then come the summer a manager is brought in. Players are sold and bought in order to fit the system and should the given manager flop, another name from that same shortlist of managers is picked ensuring that the squad fits the system.

Building an invariable structure and philosophy is key imho. I hope Maldini and co. are up to the task if not Pioli’s head isn’t the only that should roll.
We had a clear idea with Pioli. We just lost it. Ibra and Giroud were never meant to be the long term CF. We just couldn't afford one and tried to get risks or cheap options like Pellegri and Origi. We HAVE to spend big on a CF this summer.

But in terms of clarity and style of play, we have a really good idea who we are and are getting the sort of players that fit this. It's only at CF that we have the wrong sort of player.

voom

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Kvara was a once in a lifetime deal. 10m to 150m+ in one season is unheard of. It won't happen again. Good for them and i'm jealous.

Higuain is a good example. They sold him for a record and didn't really invest much that summer (got Milik and Pavoletti for a combined 50m). They cashed out. I think he'll do the same. They've also been spending a lot on so so players. Not every deal they make is an undervalued gem.

Sometimes they do great. Sold Jorginho for 57m (wow) and got Ruiz for 30m which was a great deal. But they've also had some overinflated duds since Giuntoli took over in summer 2015:

Milik 32m
Maksimovic 21m
Verdi 24.5m
Lozano 45m
Manolas 36m
Politano 21m
Raspadori 35m (doubt they'll trigger this option)

I mean, some of those make 35m for CDK look like a steal. They've had some gems, sure, like Lobotka, Ruiz, Kvara, Zambo, etc but Giuntoli isn't hitting homeruns every summer. It took him close to a decade to win his first title and he's looking like a genius because all the stars have aligned in one season. Giving him 300m to spend doesn't equal total dominance for Napoli in the coming cycle. They're already the third highest squad cost, and they're not getting much added revenue besides CL winnings. Their model is built on players sales to get a profit. Spending that 300m on players that guarantee performance means their squad cost will inflate a lot, and that's bad news for them in the long term. We're still the best positioned club in the long term, we just need to fix our short term issues and get the team playing football again.
We were linked to Kvara ,why Maldini didn't bought him? How many good players Maldini didn't sign. You can't always hit a jackpot ,but our striker position is 105 years old combined. And you want to win something with fossils? We are afraid to fire this clueless coach because of few milions. We must be more ruthless ,with players who don't perform .That's why Bayern and Real are great. CDK is shit ,sell him . Leao is not happy ,sell him. Too much emotional attachment with menagement and players, they are bought to play not hug.
Italy is reserved for big three, and when you see "outsider" take the cake you must admire them. Napoli have become relevant for some time now. They were only team that chalanged Juve 10 year domination. This year stars have allinged and everything is well for them, but it was serious work for years. I don't believe they will sleep on this success ,like we did.

Kaka92

Gae
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MMS.
Everyone says that Bennacer can't play in a 2 mid formation, but the real truth is... none of our midfielders can. Literally every one of our midfielders is a better fit for the 433 formation.

And that is the formation we should have aimed for and which I believe would have corrected some of the flaws in our game. Man, even Maldini publicly said that he does not like the new formation and that he prefers to play with three midfielders

It is unbelievable to me that we are almost entering April, and Pioli still hasn't figured out some things. :head:

Susan

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Sandro Nesta, Thiago Silva, Pippo, Ibra, Kaka
Pioli On the game:

“Bad game. When a team plays a match like this, only halfway, we weren’t precise or attentive or intense, it means the manager has done a bad job in preparing for the match. A performance that was too poor for our level.”
Wow, can't believe he's finally realising that the problem is himself instead of shitting on his best players. That's some real progress :eek:

I can't believe how shit we've become, not even the great performances in CL can cover that up. Milan was always focused on CL, we always lost easy games in Serie A while winning CL and having a far superior team. But what we see now in 2023 is beyond that, it's much worse than the occasional draw/loss we had in the past.

In any serious team the coach would've been fired long ago. We got through in CL but that's all there is to celebrate. It's not only the results but how bad we play, it's horrible and 100% on the coach.

Cloren

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roger Federer is the GOAT
FriKZO9XgAAEdaW

Average positions are usually pointless, but it does tell us a few things. We weren't really a balanced 343 yesterday or a 4231. Tomori for some reason played lower than Thiaw. There's a gigantic hole in the middle. Brahim, Saelemaekers, Bennecer and Kalulu all crowded and sharing the same sort of zone (echoes the point I made about this area being confused). Leao much more central than we would like, he needs to hug the touchline, which means he was more of an inside forward/second striker than a winger.

Where do you get this data? I wanna compare this to the Atlanta match for example

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Really appreciate this break. Make or break stretch after this, Pioli have to figure it out and players need to step up. We MUST make CL.

voom

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Wow, can't believe he's finally realising that the problem is himself instead of shitting on his best players. That's some real progress :eek:

I can't believe how shit we've become, not even the great performances in CL can cover that up. Milan was always focused on CL, we always lost easy games in Serie A while winning CL and having a far superior team. But what we see now in 2023 is beyond that, it's much worse than the occasional draw/loss we had in the past.

In any serious team the coach would've been fired long ago. We got through in CL but that's all there is to celebrate. It's not only the results but how bad we play, it's horrible and 100% on the coach.
Tuchel ex wife.

Sissi – a former journalist for Suddeutsche Zeitung - is alleged to have stated that “players lost respect” for Tuchel amid a poor run of results, and that a number of other mysterious “off-field reasons” were cited for a parting of ways.

Probably same thing is happening to Pioli.
4 losses in a row.

milanazkals

Basketball player
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Van Bommel, Donnarumma, Alaba, Grealish
We can never exploit Leao’s skills with the type of forwards we have. We just don’t have a reliable and industrious striker who can take advantage of space to relieve pressure on Leao and can do off the ball movements to be open for a pass once Leao defeat his man. Even a still ‘green’ Retegui can be a very useful player on this team right now and I don’t even rate his skills that much.

We don’t have any reliable passers to create any chance. Nothing to break defenses with one single pass. We attempt dummies and one-two passes but all it does is create confusion in our own players and make unnecessary errors. We can’t do BASIC passes in the midfield to control the tempo so brilliant Pioli decided to put two man midfield to command the area. Tonali and Bennacer’s movements in the midfield are too reactive. Depressing shit.

We’re trying so hard to create scoring chances. It saddens me to watch our team play so brainless. No clever passes to expect. No forward runs to bombard the opponent’s box on a counter. No magic in this team aside from Leao solos. Our team looks mentally-drained, physically and technically bullied by fucking Udinese, Lazio and Sassuolo. I can’t. This shit ain’t the Milan i know.

CDDF2B5D-CF7F-44D5-9DE6-F89A01A21DCF.jpeg

Cloren

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
FriKZO9XgAAEdaW

4 players crowing on the same spot :lol: LMAO…

Grande Padre Pioli, what a coach ❤️❤️❤️

Eastheaven

Primavera
Reaction score
At this point, pioli sounded like a defeated man. He needs to go even if we win CL this year and we ain’t winning that. Maldini better has a replacement lined up this international break. The earlier the better we could still salvage top 4.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
At this point, pioli sounded like a defeated man. He needs to go even if we win CL this year and we ain’t winning that. Maldini better has a replacement lined up this international break. The earlier the better we could still salvage top 4.
Take a shot of realism. Pioli ain't leaving until after the season at the bare minimum.

Cloren

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Yeah all this talk about Pioli out and all is just deluded stuff. If he wasn’t fired in Jan, he won’t be now. We’ll evaluate at the end of the season see from there. And I think that’s the right thing to go from.

We have to hope he can do better.

Status
Not open for further replies.