• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Lots of wrongs to right this summer. After producing a misfiring mercato last summer Maldini and Massara have to be really smart this summer.

For me I think the key is more "sure things" that will surely contribute. We have enough talent that can continue development, the squad needs more experience. At the expense of those with experience in the squad now not pulling their load.

Nalim

Banned
Reaction score
We had a clear idea with Pioli. We just lost it. Ibra and Giroud were never meant to be the long term CF. We just couldn't afford one and tried to get risks or cheap options like Pellegri and Origi. We HAVE to spend big on a CF this summer.

But in terms of clarity and style of play, we have a really good idea who we are and are getting the sort of players that fit this. It's only at CF that we have the wrong sort of player.
So getting the right CF magically transforms our entire game?
Our build up patterns, or lack thereof, are terrible. Pioli basically tells players to either hoof it or run at defenders until they’re fouled or through on goal. The desperation the players feel when they’re on the ball is very apparent and I doubt getting any CF within our reach will fix that.

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
For me the mercato is a subject to have at the end of the season.

This squad right now is good enough to challenge for the scudetto.

And right now pioli is dropping the ball hard and this is going on for too long with no end in sight.

Also all this pioli cant get fired because we dont have money.

I mean can we afford another moth of this shit.

At this point we are in dire need of damage control.

Our decision making within all layers of the club seems so sluggish.

Just tired of watching the squad de evolve with each passing game.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
For me the mercato is a subject to have at the end of the season.

This squad right now is good enough to challenge for the scudetto.

And right now pioli is dropping the ball hard and this is going on for too long with no end in sight.

Also all this pioli cant get fired because we dont have money.

I mean can we afford another moth of this shit.

At this point we are in dire need of damage control.

Our decision making within all layers of the club seems so sluggish.

Just tired of watching the squad de evolve with each passing game.
We all share these feelings. The solution must come from within until the end of the season tho, and they are capable of it! Agreed on mercato, we have plenty of other tasks to deal with first.

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
We had a clear idea with Pioli. We just lost it. Ibra and Giroud were never meant to be the long term CF. We just couldn't afford one and tried to get risks or cheap options like Pellegri and Origi. We HAVE to spend big on a CF this summer.

But in terms of clarity and style of play, we have a really good idea who we are and are getting the sort of players that fit this. It's only at CF that we have the wrong sort of player.
No we really fucking didnt

Our entire attack was based off of individual brilliance.

We had to attacking patterns, no triangles, no passing lanes - literally fuck all drilled in. Thats on the coaching side.

In the recruitment side, MM have failed so royally in the last two seasons, its laughable. The amount of time they take to make a fucking decision. Got given the run around by Sanches all summer, taken for a ride by Hakan, Donna and Kessie. Heck, even failing to remove the release clause for Bennacer has been hailed as a success in this forum.

Our recruitment in the last 2 seasons has been straight outta the banter era playbook. Washed up rejects, bonafide fodders with a talent sprinkled in here and there.

The fact that they constantly kept pushing their problems to the next season while collecting new ones is the reason why we are such a fucking mess now.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

Pigeon

CR7 of CEO's
Reaction score
Fav. Players
gaetano f. intrieri
Our build up patterns, or lack thereof, are terrible. Pioli basically tells players to either hoof it or run at defenders until they’re either fouled or through on goal. The desperation the players feel when they’re on the ball is very apparent and I doubt getting any CF within our reach will fix that.
it's just excuse after excuse at this point. first it was maignan missing what broke our build up, now he's back but we’re still playing like shit. so move on to CF being the problem now.

in contrast to last year, teams respect us (more) and therefore also adjusted when facing the current scudetto winner and not some banter era team/top 4 contender like in the last years.
piolismo always based on winning 1v1 duels, without great combinations. so if theo or leao have an off day we're struggling hard af, as we can't expect anything from the right side in 8/10 games.
in addition leao is nowadays constantly taken out of the game, because as a proven mvp he is defended properly.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Eastheaven

Primavera
Reaction score
Keeping pioli at this point is the definition of repeating the same thing but expecting a different result. This group of players are good enough for top 4 and have proved themselves in the last 3 seasons. Pioli is sounding like he’s out of ideas, he will not change in the last 10 games but reverting to the same tactics and same personnel which have not worked. Yes we lost key pieces but I am expecting manager of Milan calibre to have figured out a way by game 10. I am afraid Milan has now out grown pioli and he needs to go.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Our build up patterns, or lack thereof, are terrible. Pioli basically tells players to either hoof it or run at defenders until they’re fouled or through on goal. The desperation the players feel when they’re on the ball is very apparent and I doubt getting any CF within our reach will fix that.
No, I’m assuming pioli out

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Keeping pioli at this point is the definition of repeating the same thing but expecting a different result. This group of players are good enough for top 4 and have proved themselves in the last 3 seasons. Pioli is sounding like he’s out of ideas, he will not change in the last 10 games but reverting to the same tactics and same personnel which have not worked. Yes we lost key pieces but I am expecting manager of Milan calibre to have figured out a way by game 10. I am afraid Milan has now out grown pioli and he needs to go.
I agree but he’ll end the season unless we get another January collapse.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The team played like shit. Bennacer played like shit. Tonali's passing was horrific.

When the whole team looks like shit, that's on the manager.

You can talk about the summer market all you want, but we shouldn't be in this position. We shouldn't be this inconsistent.

A shameful display. His tactics have been poor. His player usage is poor. He's like a movie director who had a hit and doesn't understand why people liked his first movie, his sequel sucks.

He doesn't know what people are doing to counter him, and he has the solutions in his face but refuses to use them.

He has no strategy. The team plays like a Sunday league team. No strategy, no tactics, he's misusing almost every tool available to him and he has for all of 2023.
:proud: well said Sammy
1679225328695.jpeg

omer486

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Let's see first if PSG really shows up with 180M. It's one thing to write it in the newspaper. It's another to have an actual offer on the table. Somehow I have a feeling that both PSG and City will cool down a bit after there's no worldcup anymore.

To be clear: I don't think that it's unrealistic that they want to make a huge offer for Kvara, just not a world record breaking one.

After the world cup, Qatar has much more money to spend! They spent over 200 billion on infrastructure for the WC. Now they have much less expenses. Few hundred million on a sports team every year is pocket change for them. Plus LNG prices are really high since Russian war and Qatar is the biggest exporter of LNG.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Napoli have had the same management since 2016. It's taken them 7 years to find the right mix. It's not a given that they will do the same once they cash out and rebuild. Their track record is more negative than positive.
Napoli had quite a few dude: Manolas, Maskimovic, Lozano, just to name a few.

Though during this time Napoli always sold their players and got paid, regardless of the situation.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Besides the CL games against Tottenham, I think it's fair to say we're already in that collapse again.
Or we've never really been out. The 3 ATB formation stopped us from lacking 4-5 goals per game, but it also crippled our entire attacking system. It's been more a band aid it seems than an evolution of our 4-2-3-1 system. In reality we've never really made it out.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Napoli had quite a few dude: Manolas, Maskimovic, Lozano, just to name a few.

Though during this time Napoli always sold their players and got paid, regardless of the situation.

Right now I don't know which club would give the 7M+ Leao and his agent are asking for :lol: Why would someone? Outside Serie A Leao hasn't shown shit in years, not with our kit nor with Portugals. He's 23 years old and still a work in progress.

I don't know what this shit is with our players who don't renew. They always ask for astronomical figures from us until their contract runs out, then they go for free and on a lower or almost similar contract than what we actually already offered. It happened with Donna, with Hakan and with Kessie.

Then you look at players like Skriniar, Hakimi, Koulibaly or Kurusewski who get sold for good money because they don't ask for the moon until their contract runs out. What is this with our players? The same superstition they show when playing against inferior teams like Fiorentina, Salernitana or Udinese!?

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Or we've never really been out. The 3 ATB formation stopped us from lacking 4-5 goals per game, but it also crippled our entire attacking system. It's been more a band aid it seems than an evolution of our 4-2-3-1 system. In reality we've never really made it out.
Yeah, that's also fair. I just take into account the string of Serie A games we did win where not conceding helped us when we had chances and scored, so we won. However, in games like yesterday when we can't even make or take such chances then we're just asking to be scored on.

What bothers me also is the number of unforced errors from multiple players. I could single our Tomori and Thiaw yesterday but they aren't alone. It's constant every game that we are gifting goals due to amateur mistakes.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
we live in a different era now where millennials and gen z recognize no loyalty.

you could see it now in the corporate office world as well. They left their employer with 0 regrets because there are plenty of options now. Well ok probably some of you can't relate due to being unemployed (I know this because some of you spent 9-5 here, which means you have no job) but I'm telling you, unfortunately, this is how these generations live.

Kessie, Hakan, Romagnoli, and Donnarumma..... they love Milan, but they are millennials & gen z, they wanted money.
now, potentially Leao will be gone as well.

Maldini can't use the old negotiation method that is regularly utilized for players in his generation.
Leao needs something to 'motivate' him, a reward for his brilliant performance last season
What the fuck are you talking about?
Nothing you said makes sense
Players lose motivation and move on all the time
It’s been that way since the game was invented.

Some players will be loyal and hard working and some won’t - very simple

Leao is in bad form and distracted. On to of that Pioli can’t use him as effectively in the new formation. Then there is the question of his work rate. It’s a complex situation that absolutely doesn’t boil down to the reductive stuff you just posted

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Fuck this shit!!
Next match better be a clean sheet and lots of goals.

I hope Maldini sends them into ritiro.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule