Choose your ethical dilemma

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I get some of you dislike Conte for his attitude or demands, but I'm dumb founded by how some of you rather having a nobody like Italiano as manager over Conte.

In Conte's 5 seasons managing in Serie A

Juve:
11/12-scudetto
12/13-scudetto
13/14-scudetto
managed do get more points than each prior season.

Inter:
19/20-2nd place (1 point off of Juve) & Europa League final
20/21-scudetto

Do you not like winning? Because he's as close as it gets to a guarantee in Italy. Even at Chelsea he won the PL & FA Cup. Maybe he's not happy at Tottenham, but at mimimum he got them back into the CL & currently sitting top 4 at his rant this past weekend.

Last edited:

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Barca back to not being able to register new players. Damn, not even current ones. Let's see what levers they have left to pull. Mark my words: the question is not if they will collapse, but when.

And yet La Liga will still award them the league despite what they've pulled. FIGC would be jealous.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I get some of you dislike Conte for his attitude or demands, but I'm dumb founded by how some of you rather having a nobody like Italiano as manager over Conte.

In Conte's 5 seasons managing in Serie A

Juve:
11/12-scudetto
12/13-scudetto
13/14-scudetto
managed do get more points than each prior season.

Inter:
19/20-2nd place (1 point off of Juve)
20/21-scudetto

Do you not like winning? Because he's as close as it gets to a guarantee in Italy.

Even if we ignore that he's an insufferable toxic coach who more often than not leaves nothing but burned earth behind him... Yes, he wins you titles, at least as long as you provide him with the massive funds to build a massively superior team compared to the rest of the league. And even then you'll see him complain about Mercato budget like he's complaining at Tottenham and Inter before that. Imagine him in a meeting with Gerry :lol:

Pioli won a Scudetto with a team that prior to last season many struggled to even bet on a Top 4 finish. I think the closest Conte comes to that kind of success is his first Juve title. However that's more than 10 years ago... And let's not start talking about his CL track record. IIRC, even Pioli has gone further in that competition ;)

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
And yet La Liga will still award them the league despite what they've pulled. FIGC would be jealous.
I'm ready to place a bet!

No seriously, it can't end well... Unless yeah some incredible shit happens like the state rescuing them from bankruptcy because Barca's literally too big to fail for the league so they can do fuck all and still getting rescued by someone.

(Yes this is an analogy for what's currently happening in Switzerland with Credit Suisse.)

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Even if we ignore that he's an insufferable toxic coach who more often than not leaves nothing but burned earth behind him... Yes, he wins you titles, at least as long as you provide him with the massive funds to build a massively superior team compared to the rest of the league. And even then you'll see him complain about Mercato budget like he's complaining at Tottenham and Inter before that. Imagine him in a meeting with Gerry :lol:

Pioli won a Scudetto with a team that prior to last season many struggled to even bet on a Top 4 finish. I think the closest Conte comes to that kind of success is his first Juve title. However that's more than 10 years ago... And let's not start talking about his CL track record. IIRC, even Pioli has gone further in that competition ;)
Conte turned Juve around. The team he helped build went from midtable to dominating Serie A for almost a decade. And where exactly has he left burned earth behind him? Financially, Inter were a shit show before he got there & nothing has changed since he left.

And you can't really use the massive funds excuse. What top manager doesn't get massive funds?

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Conte turned Juve around. The team he helped build went from midtable to dominating Serie A for almost a decade. And where exactly has he left burned earth behind him? Financially, Inter were a shit show before he got there & nothing has changed since he left.

And you can't really use the massive funds excuse. What top manager doesn't get massive funds?

As I said, I give him massive credits for that first Juve title. His and Juve's success was also facilitated tho by being the first team in Italy with a stadium of property, which opened them massive new streams who were invested in the team, broadening a huge gap between Juve and the rest of Italy whose former giants Milan and Inter were on a downhill spirale both financial and sporting wise at the very same time. It's a totally different situation now, I can't see him repeating that success.

Burned earth in terms of leaving in a fight, rarely harmonically.

And again: He'd demand funds for a super mercato we're never ever going to grant him, and even if we did he'd still complain as he did at Inter and Tottenham despite being provided with massive funds to build his team.

But this is a circling argument. Conte only arrives if we're giving him big funds. We won't do that. So he won't arrive. Simple as that :lol:

Dokoa

Milan Icon
Reaction score
As I said, I give him massive credits for that first Juve title. His and Juve's success was also facilitated tho by being the first team in Italy with a stadium of property, which opened them massive new streams who were invested in the team, broadening a huge gap between Juve and the rest of Italy whose former giants Milan and Inter were on a downhill spirale both financial and sporting wise at the very same time. It's a totally different situation now, I can't see him repeating that success.

And again: He'd demand funds for a super mercato we're never ever going to grant him, and even if we did he'd still complain as he did at Inter and Tottenham despite being provided with massive funds to build his team.

But this is a circling argument. Conte only arrives if we're giving him big funds. We won't do that. So he won't arrive. Simple as that :lol:
We can’t afford Conte. Wish we could

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score

If Conte wants to return to Italy, I'm sure he is under the realization that no Italian clubs operates with massive funds anymore. His only options are Juve (Allegri seems to be doing fine and on a huge contract), Inter (unlikely to make a return there), Milan (if Pioli gets sacked) & Roma (if Mourinho decides to leave).

Besides Conte, the only other Italian managers I'd want are Spalletti (not going anywhere), De Zerbi (Milan won't pay his release cluse plus his salary), Sarri (Lazio won't let him leave) or maybe Gasperini (seems like he's well settled at Atalanta).

If Pioli gets sacked & they don't hire Conte, they'll likely be hiring a foreign manager.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
We can’t afford Conte. Wish we could
I think the "we can't afford Conte or his transfer market" stuff is a little overblown. Regardless, if Pioli can't get you top 4 it's time to move on to Conte or whoever they have in mind.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
I think the "we can't afford Conte or his transfer market" stuff is a little overblown. Regardless, if Pioli can't get you top 4 it's time to move on to Conte or whoever they have in mind.
Isnt our market rumored to be 50 mil and possibly at that level until the real money rolls in?

Conte was already courted by Milan before he went to Inter - if he didnt choose us then when Leo had some money, you really think he is joining now when Maldini also started singing from the correct song sheet?

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Pioli in the worst period of his entire tenure at Milan just beat Conte.

I feel like this is the worst time to try and advocate for Conte.

Pioli schooled Conte even twice in a period where his team couldn't win one point against the likes of Salernitana, Sassuolo, Fiorentina or Udinese, mind you.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
also facilitated by cheating :proud:

not to mention this:
1679430225489.png

vs.

1679430265964.png

Pioli's win over inda was much more impressive, Fludetto or not.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
1679431361825.png

Hallelujah! Not to worry everyone, the season hasn't even started yet!

IL-Capitano

Legenda di AC Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
too many great players to list but if pushed all time favorite player: Maldini
Is Meloni single?

She didn't answer me on Instagram.
How deep are your pockets ? They would need to be very deep to keep women like her happy.
6A6DAC05-3858-43DA-8008-2AF9F9BF990F.gif
Not worth the expense, keep the money avoid the gold diggers.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie

Pigeon

CR7 of CEO's
Reaction score
Fav. Players
gaetano f. intrieri
Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule