• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Caladan

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka, Pato,
This post was in reply to someone saying if it would be good to do this every year? As in every year sell a big player to fund transfers every year.

I'm not necessarily against Tonali sale because the price was probably higher than his valuation. But what's the point of buying 7-8 players every year? One can never build a top team like that. This year the team needed many players to form a strong base. Once you have a base then you build on that.

Also I said in the post "Tonali wasn't a star at the level of Leao and Theo, so ok". So Tonali can be replaced but you can't replace Leao or Theo..
Redbird will have big test with Mike Maignan new contract this or next year.

rossonero23

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, nesta, gattuso, seedorf
Imagine this n!gga don't like white women :head:
Imagine not liking Margot Robbie or Krystal Boyd or even Giusy Meloni
That's as gay as monkeypox :mad:
Truly Haram shit.
In fact I'mma send Wild over to your house to cut off your d!ck because you clearly use it for nefarious purposes :o
An all time post

Panache

Milan Icon
Reaction score
What a surprise this Okafor signing was? Not a single rumor yesterday and all of a sudden …..boom he’s signed. This management isn’t wasting time at all. 👏👏👏

Okafor was certainly not my first choice but we needed a young CF. Let’s see how he does. We might not have signed the BEST options available out there (understandably because they would cost much more and we have a lot of positions to address) but this management is at least TRYING. You can never predict who’s going to be a success and who will fail and I’m sure Moncada and team know this. But they’re doing their best with the money we have to address EVERY weakness there is in our squad.

Heck they’re even trying to address issues with the quality of our backups. It looks like we’re going to sign a backup LB and a replacement for Gabbia too. And we already signed a player who will compete with Calabria and Florenzi at RB.
In previous summers, these issues were deemed “low priority” issues and were placed on the back burner but this management is also trying to fix them right away. I can’t help but praise them for the effort they put in this summer. And we’re not even DONE yet.

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
That midfield cost probably 3x what our entire squad cost us to build.

It’ll be a long time before we can construct anything close to that, but our midfield isn’t bad, it just may be missing a piece or 2.

Our defense and attack are now very very high level.

Going forward, we should be able to invest in our midfield and upgrade RB, so we should conceivably start to substantially upgrade the most important department on the pitch.

100%.

Their play will be orchestrated through the MF. Take the focus away from the cost and focus on the contrasting play styles.

The biggest liability for us this season will likely be Pioli. This is now the team of his envisaged dream. We all have to get behind him and the team that's being built by F&M. The worst-case scenario would be Pioli getting the boot. This team is being built for Pioli's relentless terror ball. Ping to the wing is now the wing's (finally) then it's the charge in a cross-field line shielded by Fik and Malik.

No possession or pass-and-move game. With the 4-3-3, it would be nice to see Milan play more like the easy-on-the-eye 'total' football approach of Napoli last season. With all the attacking options - there will be few excuses for Pioli. Especially with the domestic competition not being so great. The second star will be there for the taking. Pot 3 will be a whole different test.

At this moment, I think most would agree that none of the new individual arrivals are 'truly exciting' but as a collective, they could be very exciting. We now need to see them play together and follow Pioli's instructions. Sunday should provide a little more insight for us all.

MilanFan89

Milan Legend
Reaction score
What a day. Okafor and Chukwueze as good as completed. While Inter pays a fortune for Frattesi and are stucked with 6m a year Fking Thuram

Panache

Milan Icon
Reaction score
This post was in reply to someone saying if it would be good to do this every year? As in every year sell a big player to fund transfers every year.

I'm not necessarily against Tonali sale because the price was probably higher than his valuation. But what's the point of buying 7-8 players every year? One can never build a top team like that. This year the team needed many players to form a strong base. Once you have a base then you build on that.

Also I said in the post "Tonali wasn't a star at the level of Leao and Theo, so ok". So Tonali can be replaced but you can't replace Leao or Theo..
Fair enough. But I doubt we’re signing 7-8 players every year. Only the ones that fail will be replaced. This is a transitional year.

Kmoney

Dribble and Inshallah
Reaction score
Yeah exactly. Has to be Krunic. I think he’s our only ‘crucial’ midfielder for now. I don’t see us getting Hjulmand or someone like him. We mostly play as the dominant team. As long as we all press as a unit and counterpress effectively (and not play Giroud all the time) then we can survive with just Krunic and maybe Musah.

The 4231 with Okafor up front will pretty much be a 424 with lots of positional rotation. Okafor going left, CDK/Pulisic drifting right. Has the potential to be devastating against low blocks as they won’t have any reference up front. If we’re still not winning by the 60th minute, bring on Giroud and spam crosses.
Now that we’ve brought in so much attacking talent, I think it’s time to finally let go of the CDK dream

Hugh Janus

Paolo Mongdini
Reaction score
guys i have a feeling maldini finally had to interfere because this change of pace in the past day doesn't make sense otherwise

milanpalermo23

Fanta-allenatore
Reaction score
not being greedy....

but we should actually sell cdk for like 25mil and buy lukaku for 35-40....

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
Imagine this n!gga don't like white women :head:
Imagine not liking Margot Robbie or Krystal Boyd or even Giusy Meloni
That's as gay as monkeypox :mad:
Truly Haram shit.
In fact I'mma send Wild over to your house to cut off your d!ck because you clearly use it for nefarious purposes :o
I was going to right click and Search google for "Krystal Boyd".
Then I saw it is leaf, so I used my phone instead of using the company network.

I was correct :lol:

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
I was going to right click and Search google for "Krystal Boyd".
Then I saw it is leaf, so I used my phone instead of using the company network.

I was correct :lol:
But it was worth it right? ;)

SecondStar

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Lukaku, Giroud and okafor would be amazing depth for striker.

Please end this CDK experiment. If management can sell him for a decent price and reinvest that into Lukaku that would be amazing. Ideal scenario would be Lukaku on loan with buy option.

Not to mention Leao, pulisic, okafor LW and Chuckwueze, pulisic, Saelemaekers RW

Status
Not open for further replies.