Serie A: upcoming 23/24 season is going to be better than previous 22/23 season

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I’ll believe that 90m profit when I see it. I read a 90m operational profit, we had a significant operational profit last season but still ended with a loss. The profit this season should be around 30 to 40m, which is extremely impressive. The Tonali sale is going to next season FY anyway so looking at 22/23 isn’t the point. The tonali sale means we can keep building even if we don’t make the CL semifinal again. What’s happening now is on FY23/24 and that’s going to be balanced with the Tonali sale. If we fuck up in the CL and end up 4th for example we won’t drop into the negative. The Tonali sale gives us a cushion. We don’t have to have 100m+ transfer windows every year. This year was a transformational moment.
Brk, I don't have access to our books, but we have spent significant sums before, while making losses before.

Our confirmed revenue in 21/22 was like 300m (297m, if I'm not mistaken [even though various outlets reported in the 267m range (which Milan's releases contradicted)]) which was above expectations, we still made a 30m loss, and we still were staggering the start dates of our new sponsorship deals to provide smoother revenue growth in the future.

The reports that are coming out are saying are revenues look to be 375m for 22/23, without selling Tonali. Even if we think we carry the same costs as last year, that means your 40m profit is probably right, but we had room last year to add to the squad, it's a question of strategy and will.

If the reported figures are accurate, that means our 22/23 revenue would be greater than Dortmund's reported 21/22 figures (last properly verified ones I found from them [they reported in a press release much higher sums for 22/23 in the 400ish range which I couldn't take a look at]), while we spent 29% less on salaries in 22/23 than they did, alone, while even in their 22/23 figures they still reported 35m in losses. Like come on, I'm not being petulant for being skeptical of what they are doing.

Did Maldini ask for more money because he was ignorant over what was financially possible? Was his request irrational? I think it has become abundantly clear that the dispute was not over "power" or "autonomy" or whatever, it was about whether to sell players to fund their moves or not.

omer486

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Brk, I don't have access to our books, but we have spent significant sums before, while making losses before.

Our confirmed revenue in 21/22 was like 300m (297m, if I'm not mistaken [even though various outlets reported in the 267m range (which Milan's releases contradicted)]) which was above expectations, we still made a 30m loss, and we still were staggering the start dates of our new sponsorship deals to provide smoother revenue growth in the future.

The reports that are coming out are saying are revenues look to be 375m for 22/23, without selling Tonali. Even if we think we carry the same costs as last year, that means your 40m profit is probably right, but we had room last year to add to the squad, it's a question of strategy and will.

If the reported figures are accurate, that means our 22/23 revenue would be greater than Dortmund's reported 21/22 figures (last properly verified ones I found from them [they reported in a press release much higher sums for 22/23 in the 400ish range which I couldn't take a look at]), while we spent 29% less on salaries in 22/23 than they did, alone, while even in their 22/23 figures they still reported 35m in losses. Like come on, I'm not being petulant for being skeptical of what they are doing.

Did Maldini ask for more money because he was ignorant over what was financially possible? Was his request irrational? I think it has become abundantly clear that the dispute was not over "power" or "autonomy" or whatever, it was about whether to sell players to fund their moves or not.

Do you think RB forced the current mgmt to sell Tonali or maybe they just said the budget is 35-50 mil net and said do what you want with it? And given the low budget, F&M decided that the Tonali sale would help them strengthen the team overall, even if none of the new mids is as good as Tonali?

I mean RB, being a investment fund , do you think they micromanage the operations or do they just set the overall spending parameters?

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
Our players will need time to form chemistry, let’s not set very high expectations, we will lose points here and there until they gel in.

eb47e013f6581b91caedb49bfc741e3e.gif

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
@Samaldinho may be right. They could be thinking of cashing in on Leao next transfer window and make cpt America play LW. Otherwise, I can't see where he would play if we get another RW. Particularly if we transition to 4-3-3.
Its like folks in this forum are allergic to the concept of depth.

Or maybe its because we have been out of the top clubs loop for so long folks cant imagine having quality players for depth similar to how the likea of Madrid, Barca, City, Chelsea, Liverpool and Bayern do

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

Gennaro8

Milan Icon
Reaction score

Or maybe its because we have been out of the top clubs loop for so long folks cant imagine having quality players for depth similar to how the likea of Madrid, Barca, City, Chelsea, Liverpool and Bayern do

100%

10 years of banter era is still here.

Remember when Milan had Robinho, Cassano, Zlatan and Pato? 2 CF spots and 4 players. Or Crespo, Sheva, Inzaghi and Tomasson?

Rui Costa and Kaka for one spot? Serghino and Jankulovski? Nesta, Maldini, Kaladze, Stam?

ForzaSandro

Milan Icon
Reaction score

We don't have the economic capacity to bench players like Pulisic. One has to face reality.

CanUNoTouch

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
There are far too many to name past & present

BreadPitt

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tomori, Nesta, Maldini,Tassotti, Silva, Seedorf, Baresi, Totti, *Abate*,
All jokes aside...

Why is everyone busting a nut, just need to calm down. Yes Okafor for that price is decent. However there are still many pieces of the jigsaw still missing and management have taken a big gamble by redoing half the first team. Our midfield is still very very fragile.

Now pressure will be on to perform with results. Even more so. We could see the birth of a mew positive era or it could be Chinaboyz 2.0.

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
That's why, they shouldn't sell anymore stars from now on. If the club needs to buy 1 good striker next year and maybe 2-3 other players then they should do that that from the clubs money or at the most RB can add some funds.

If anyone is sold it should be to replace him with someone better.
Why?

Your argument is that we shouldnt need to buy 7-8 players every year. How is selling one star player a season equal to that?

Heck, lets say Okafor, Pulisic and Chukweze really hit it off the park this season. Then, as much as I would absolutely despise it, I wouldnt be opposed to a Leao sale for obscene money if that money gets reinvested back into the team.

The best teams are always smart about how they go about constructing the team. Yes, sure ideally we wont have to sell a big star to reinforce the team as we should have the funds to not need to. But you may never know what may happen in the future.

Unleas, we get the stadium built and our revenues grow exponentially this may need to be the modus operandi for now.

Susan

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Sandro Nesta, Thiago Silva, Pippo, Ibra, Kaka
I've been absent for a few weeks, needed a break from the negativity in here and was busy with other stuff.
Besides that I'm now on vacation, arrived in Finnish Lapland today and these are my new neighbours, real reindeers (not our new player who some like to call reindeer).:D
20230721_224934.jpg

I'll leave you to your negativity now while I enjoy my life. I for one am very much looking forward to our new season, I have a good feeling.

ForzaSandro

Milan Icon
Reaction score
I've been absent for a few weeks, needed a break from the negativity in here and was busy with other stuff.
Besides that I'm now on vacation, arrived in Finnish Lapland today and these are my new neighbours, real reindeers (not our new player who some like to call reindeer).:D
View attachment 22613

I'll leave you to your negativity now while I enjoy my life. I for one am very much looking forward to our new season, I have a good feeling.
These have better physic than our own reindeer. Bloody Milan lab.

IL-Capitano

Legenda di AC Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
too many great players to list but if pushed all time favorite player: Maldini
Our players will need time to form chemistry, let’s not set very high expectations, we will lose points here and there until they gel in.
Remember which forum you speak of, time is a luxury not afforded.
IMG_0554.gif
Given the circumstances of this summers beginning and decisions expectations will be sky high as they should be. Given the certainty of the decisions made success will have to come otherwise.

Everyone on the RedBird train
IMG_0555.gif
Just an observation.

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
View attachment 22613

Read the last 30 pages, 90% positivity has returned.

Status
Not open for further replies.