Serie A: upcoming 23/24 season is going to be better than previous 22/23 season

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

nefremo

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
If we give him a raise we might as well use that opportunity to extend him till he is 32/33yo
He is 30 this October. He already has a contract until June 2025. So he'll be out of a contract when he is going to be 31 in June 2025. Extending that makes no sense to me. If he is still important next summer, extend by a year. But a raise and extension now (assuming it'll be at least 2 years, therefore until 2027) is practically locking us in with him. Nobody is going to match that 2.5m when he is 31/32. We'll ne here 2 years from now wondering why Rade Krunic is still playing for Milan and why nobody will buy him off our hands. Keep in mind, there's a good chance Pioli will be gone by then.

Cloren

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roger Federer is the GOAT
in the last 7 games yes, but that’s not sustainable over the course of an entire season. we almost had to give up our entire offense for that. except for sassuolo all games were absolute dreadful to watch

bar this outlier our defence was never top notch under pioli. here's kjaer in april 2021:
View attachment 23505

and it's not like a de roon will transform this team into a defensive fortress. shielding and protecting the defense is the task of the entire midfield

I agree but I’m banking on RLC/Reijnders to be a better duo than Tonali/Bennacer (the standards aren’t high so it shouldn’t be too hard) and with a proper DM, it could improve massively from last season

nefremo

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
would you sell mike for 110 mil?

I would and get rb,dm and lukaku
I wouldn't. Selling a key player this late into the summer is asking for trouble. We already have huge brainfarts from our backline. Removing the one consistently top class performer back there will be trouble.

And ai also don't think it'll be that easy to get players for the positions you mentioned. At least, not top quality ones.

Anyway, I know it's hypothetical (the 110 number you provided)....but I don't think there's a chance anyone offers that. 70-80 is probably max.

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
You just indicated that you hope he stays and gets a pay raise to see “tears”.
As if most of us don’t want the best for milan
If they renew him then they couldnt sell him, no ?

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
I agree, and I'm not even a fan of his. But from his POV, it's very justified to ask for a raise if we refuse to sell him.
As simple as that.
I would feel angry if he was a sub asking to be paid as someone who is starting ahead of him.
Its his last contract so either sell him or pay his team status.
He was a good soldier.

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
would you sell mike for 110 mil?

I would and get rb,dm and lukaku
Now? Absolutely not. And I don't think there's even a small chance for him to be sold.
Next summer? Yes and finish the rebuild. If our roster stays as it is right now, we would need to find starting GK, DM, CB, RB, CF. 110 m should be enough for 4 of these.

Cloren

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roger Federer is the GOAT
This has to be biggest load of crap in the history. He is being lured by Fenerbahce, not Real Madrid ffs. And he is a 30 yo mediocre player, not a 23 yo future Balon D'Or winner. Did Furlani hit his head? Just ship his ungrateful ass and grab a real player.

Pioli probably threatened Furlani that he will resign if he gets rid of Krunic

Grande Padre

IMG_4416.jpeg

Milandini

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Shevchenko, Kaka, Tonali, Kjær, Leão
DM is an obvious upgrade mid term, but it is not like Milan wont ever make a trasfer after August 2023. Good DM will cost huge money.

We could and should have bought Hjulmand.

Status
Not open for further replies.