• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryo

Billy's Right Peg
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Billy, George, Marco, Paolo, Charles, Fik, Pierre, Mike & Rafa
Squads perform in cycles. Generally, the manager gets rotated out every 4-5 seasons at most so that the squad can get new instructions, new drills, new tactics, and hopefully improve upon or maintain a certain level. In rare cases, like an Arsene Wenger or Alex Ferguson you get a manager who stays, but the squad gets rotated with new key players every 3 years and only keeping around a "core" group to build upon.

Ask yourself what we want from Pioli. Even if we achieve our goals this season, barring winning the league and/or a European trophy, he's still at year 5 and the team has nothing left to learn from his training. Do we expect him to be a Wenger/Ferguson and be here for 10 years? Do you all think he would be able to continually raise the level of the squad? Or do you think he's already reached the peak of his abilities? I'd say going from 1st to 5th in a season would have answered that question, personally. I'd say watching Leao's stagnation (still can't go to his right foot, hit the ball cleanly, run into space, or make dummy runs) would have answered that question. I'd say watching him misuse several new players would have answered that question. I'd say losing 3-0, 4-0, 5-2 in January would have answered that question. Pioli's cycle is coming to a close. Firing your Sporting Director and giving him more control over transfers is short-sighted, at best.

And now we see.
You pretty much answered yourself, no?
We brought in 8+ new players (more if we count the players coming up from the Primavera). So basically aside from the Core players, we're refreshing much, if not most, of the team.

Pioli stayed, squad getting refreshed.

That said, even when Wenger or Ferguson stayed, they still managed to evolve their coaching methods slowly to adapt to the new system and new players.

I'm looking forward to seeing how having essentially half a new team will change his coaching and tactics.

The obvious caveat is that if he doesn't evolve, he's out the door within the first 10 rounds. I can see Gerry being that ruthless.

Last year he got lucky in that his shit period was in January, when he'd already accumulated around 17 games of good/decent results (we were on just 1 loss, 3 or 5 points behind Napoli). Won't be the same situation this season.

jawz10

Milinkovic Savage
Reaction score

You pretty much answered yourself, no?
We brought in 8+ new players (more if we count the players coming up from the Primavera). So basically aside from the Core players, we're refreshing much, if not most, of the team.

Pioli stayed, squad getting refreshed.
Yup. My feeling is that this season is going to be really, really inconsistent. Like last season, but sillier.
That said, even when Wenger or Ferguson stayed, they still managed to evolve their coaching methods slowly to adapt to the new system and new players.
I'm looking forward to seeing how having essentially half a new team will change his coaching and tactics.
Definitely wouldn't describe myself as looking forward to it. But I'd love to be surprised.
The obvious caveat is that if he doesn't evolve, he's out the door within the first 10 rounds. I can see Gerry being that ruthless.

Last year he got lucky in that his shit period was in January, when he'd already accumulated around 17 games of good/decent results (we were on just 1 loss, 3 or 5 points behind Napoli). Won't be the same situation this season.
I agree. And at which point, the blame for this season goes directly on RedBird for doubling down on a manager who could have been fired in January in normal circumstances. And the ramifications will last until we figure out the right manager to fix Pioli's team. Pretty stupid plan, IMO.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
Pioli fucked up last year by starting 2 midget cbs and a midget dm. People were jumping and planting their nuts on our defense’s face, complete aerial demolition.

As soon as Thiaw and Krunic came in we blocked aerial assault Maldini saw it encouraged and gave him a contract extension with a significant pay bump.

Jesus that Roma game in January. even before winter break we were saved by last minute goals from Giroud, fbt etc. Pioli when sober is a good coach but week to week we don’t know what we are getting some days he is in his wannabe Sacchi shit he fucks up. He is a butcher who thinks he is Klopp with worse players just stick to it and we will pile up Ws.

We need a striker to finish otherwise we will get pressure cook us to last minute losses and draws.

b@D~HorsiE

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tendulkar, Maldini, Damon Hill, Gattuso, Leander Paes, Jim Courier, LT.
Gentlemen, what’s the latest news on our departures?
Messias for 2.5 to Genoa is what I’m hearing on a loan with obligation to buy formula; considering he clears his medical tomorrow.
Other than that no departure, right?
CdK one is blocked.
Ballo to Werder Bremen is not done.
No one wants Caldara.
Krunic is staying, it seems & may I add with a hike!
As for Origi, he will retire at milan!
Is there anything that I missed?
If not, this is just sad. We have some unbelievable liabilities in our squad. It’s incredible we are in profits.

rossonero23

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, nesta, gattuso, seedorf
Pioli is fine until its time to bring Roberto De Zerbi home
Doubt he ever returns to serie a.
If pep leaves, he's the replacement. Also can have the Chelsea Tottenham job.
Maybe klop is tired??

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
[...]

The only thing I think I agree with Sam on is that Pioli has a much better squad that is suited to his preferred style, so he needs to deliver. I think winning a Scudetto would be an overachievement with our issues at CF, CDM, and in defense, but we will see what the final squad looks like before making a final prediction.

This sentiment I share very strongly. I'm not expecting champagne football right away. With so many new players and a new system, it will take more than a couple of pre-season-weeks to build chemistry. It would honestly surprise me if the start of this season would be smooth and easy and without bumps. The season is long tho, and there will be many games to make up for some early miss steps.

But further down the road, something's gotta give. There are no excuses for another season where we barely clinge 4th place on the last match day. Pioli definitely has to deliver. He won the Scudetto with bigger holes in the team than our current ones. It's on him now to prove his doubters wrong.

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Inter literally finished just 2 points ahead of us. Lazio finished just 4 points ahead of us.

Weren't you the one complaining that the refs were against us and specifically us all season? That we were denied penalties, fouls and goals because of the refs? (Your words, not mine).

Maybe if the refs were fair to us, we would be ahead of Inter and Lazio in the standings?
I have a feeling that refs will continue to prevent Pioli from getting results.
So between throwing that & Pioli lifting the cup gif i think we will be ready for next season arguments.

milanpalermo23

Fanta-allenatore
Reaction score
I do think Lukaku will end up in Serie A.

Juve - if they sell vlahovic, whether a swap deal with chelsea, or if vlahovic is sold to bayern.
Milan - if chelsea accepts a loan deal, with shared wages, lukaku is also part of roc nation, and we have partnership with them
Roma - they are still looking for a striker, but seems like they will go for a lower cost option since abraham will eventually be their starter again (probably zapata/muriel)
Inter - HIGHLY unlikely, but never say never

That being said, if Juve is going to be smart, they keep vlahovic, which leaves us as the most likely destination for lukaku.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Now you splitting hairs

Krunic shouldn't be our starter just like those two shouldn't have been, just like Giroud shouldn't be our main striker.

If you gave management shit for not replacing them then it should be fine with others doing the same.
PERIOD!! :star:

Glad to know I wasn’t the only one noticing the hypocrisy

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
2m a year for Messias at Genoa.

I will go to bed tonight knowing his family is well taken care of. What a story.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
I don’t like Hakan but what was reason for not matching 500k pay raise for him? Especially after a great campaign where we lead the table in December and got ground down by conte’s goons?

We haven’t replaced him as a player or free kick taker hope new kids can do it

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
If we loan out Colombo we should extend him as well, expiring in 2026 I think.
Selling would be ok if he doesn‘t want to be a sub at any point, however if he hits double figures or close to that on loan he would probably double his value.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I don’t like Hakan but what was reason for not matching 500k pay raise for him? Especially after a great campaign where we lead the table in December and got ground down by conte’s goons?
He was most likely a dick, everyone seemed to hate him when we won the scudetto which despite rivalry isn‘t normal imo, so there must be some internal reason.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
He was most likely a dick, everyone seemed to hate him when we won the scudetto.
That’s fine and all. Was it for going to inter like gattuso chanting Judas de merda against Leo after 2011 scudetto?

Then Maldini let Judas fire gattuso :lol: for 1 point?

Pigeon

CR7 of CEO's
Reaction score
Fav. Players
gaetano f. intrieri
He was most likely a dick, everyone seemed to hate him when we won the scudetto which despite rivalry isn‘t normal imo, so there must be some internal reason.
*cuck

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
Question is if such detailed work like weak foot training is even Pioli‘s job, I would think that we have technique coaches for that.
I would hope but honestly way before Pioli it used to drive me insane how many of our players couldn't even do simple things with their weak foot and automatically did the safest thing or messed up under the tiniest ounce of pressure.

The Cat

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Messias to Genoa - that’s his LEVEL :LOL:

Krunic to Fenerbache next pls.
Looks like krunic is staying. I wouldn't mind as long as we still buy a new DM. Anyone. Just some assurance until bennacer us back

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I would hope but honestly way before Pioli it used to drive me insane how many of our players couldn't even do simple things with their weak foot and automatically did the safest thing or messed up under the tiniest ounce of pressure.
I trained myself on my own after wasting an open goal & within weeks i was able to do basic things with my weak foot.
It remained weak with set pieces (free kicks, corners & penalties) but for controls, passes, crosses & shooting it was reliable.
It was so easy to train when i put my mind to it.
I honestly dont get how pro players have a weak foot.

Last edited:

nefremo

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Paqueta 100m???? What the hell is happening???? I've watched him at West Ham. There is zero chance he's worth more than what they paid for him. I'd give him 10m more on valuation because he now plays in the "great" EPL. But 100??? Pep sure knows how to burn money.

stevan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Paqueta 100m???? What the hell is happening???? I've watched him at West Ham. There is zero chance he's worth more than what they paid for him. I'd give him 10m more on valuation because he now plays in the "great" EPL. But 100??? Pep sure knows how to burn money.

What's happening is people believing media before using common sense. Happens all the time.

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Its really strange.
The guy is so average.
But now i want to witness what Pep want from him.

Status
Not open for further replies.