• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
They are doing that, the reported net 50M budget Furlani approved is proof of that fact.

BUT

we had too many needs for 50M to sufficiently upgrade the squad and make it competitive enough to win titles

So

We sacrificed Tonali by selling him at a massive premium to provide the funds needed to upgrade multiple departments.

The Americans have done what Galliani could not, they’ve created a self-funding club. And as revenue continues to grow, I think it will reach 400M before we build a stadium (I know brk disageees), we should have more funds to purchase players and pay larger salaries to our existing core.

We were on a very sustainable trajectory, selling Tonali put us more in a win now mode imo.
Selling Tona was also important to fix two failed mercato.

Rossonero81

The Little Red Rooster
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Giusy Meloni
Musah and Danjuma....pretty good business, considering Danjuma will be rotational. Musah has a lot of potential, I think he will have a strong impact like kalulu, thiaw and tomori did

Musah is going to be a baller in the near future. Would love that signing.

ACM14061988

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Suma said today we worked on Musah and Danjuma they are kinda close from what he says between the lines, then we go for Taremi but he said dealing with Porto is always tough

stevan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Maybe 50 mil mercato calculation if they want to run Milan at breakeven... If they inject money, they can spend a good amount more without FFP problems. LIke how Roma, Juve and Inter have been doing....

But this is all a guessing game, you realize that? People are looking at our "potential revenue" from going further in CL and then saying that based on last year's numbers, we should have more money? Do you see how silly that is? The truth is everything fluctuates yearly and most importantly, the costs. And not just costs associated with transfers and wages, but the costs with running the club.

Maldini didn't ask for more money from the club, he wanted more money from the owners. He disagreed with their way of financing, criticized the lack of funds and didn't want to sell players. The list of reasons to fire him was getting longer.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Selling one milan player/season is actually healthy if the money is reinvested properly.
no legacy at Milan under Wild

sheva

suso's dog
Reaction score
Day after day there's still constant talk of Maldini on this forum. People either hating him or dick riding. The guy doesn't work here anymore. Time to move on. Actually, it's way past time.
1689698293294.png

hello-jerry.gif

stevan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Selling one player/season is actually healthy if the money is reinvested properly.

Exactly. Find another Theo this year and then sell Theo next year. Find another Leao next year and then sell Leao the year after that. It can be so simple and still allow the club to operate at the highest levels.

The mind games people are playing to justify the Tonali sale is hilarious. They want to do everything to make it seem like he was pushed out.

omer486

Milan Legend
Reaction score
But this is all a guessing game, you realize that? People are looking at our "potential revenue" from going further in CL and then saying that based on last year's numbers, we should have more money? Do you see how silly that is? The truth is everything fluctuates yearly and most importantly, the costs. And not just costs associated with transfers and wages, but the costs with running the club.

Maldini didn't ask for more money from the club, he wanted more money from the owners. He disagreed with their way of financing, criticized the lack of funds and didn't want to sell players. The list of reasons to fire him was getting longer.

I'm not talking about the firing of Maldini. Whether that's good or not, I don't know. We have to see how Moncada does. I just said about the amount that could be spent without FFP problems. Milan is expected to make 30-35 mil profit for this past year. It seems that UEFA aren't going after clubs below 100 mil in yearly losses.

So even if Milan don't have the same results and revenues, it shouldn't be a big deal to spend somewhat more, if the owners were willing to make the cash injections. Obviously we know that they would rather run the club at breakeven / profit from right now rather than waiting for the revenues to grow further and building a stronger squad first...

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
This man here will not invest 1$ of his own money into Milan. He has absolutely nothing to do with calcio. He bought a club like Mikan and THEN found out we won 7 CL titles. He has a business plan of making money and if it means to fire legends 1000 times more important then his own ignorant ass, sell top players one by one... he'll do it.

Time will show. But people like that should not be leading a historic and class club like Milan.

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Uh. Why do you think we only had 50m to spend?

We could have spent more... based on the club's financials alone... without selling Tonali.

With the Tonali sale, I think we probably crossed the 400m mark, I think.

Again. We were projected to make Dortmund level of revenue, before selling Tonali. We spend 26% less than they do on salaries, alone.

It is only sustainable if we continue to get top four... I feel like you are dodging my points to be honest.

Again, I'll just leave with this, as I have yet to hear a sincere response to this question: if we couldn't spend more than 50m, why did Maldini ask for more money?
The club posted a profit somewhere in the range of 35-50M, so without selling players it could invest that much… aka investing a company’s profits back into the club.

This assumes RB essentially wants a balanced budget, so the club can operate without them having to inject additional capital.

What Maldini wanted was completely irrelevant to the discussion… People spend or ask for more to spend all the time whether it’s there or not. An Executive asked me for $100,000+ last week after I opened up $450,000 for her budget.

My guess is Maldini asked for more money because he didn’t want to sell anyone. But spending above budget isn’t RedBird’s MO… it just isn’t. I don’t know why people can’t accept that fact?

Spend more money isn’t an option really when the directive is to have a balanced budget lol

CanUNoTouch

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
There are far too many to name past & present
name some... genuinely curious

Mata
Mista
Sarabia
Saul Niguez
Buendia
Raul de Tomas
Borja Valero
Hermoso
Aleix Vidal

These are the players who came thru their academy but never played a senior game for Real.

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Theres a Tonali video knocking abt here (sum pages back) watch it, he really was half a Pirlo & half an Albertini (long shots)... saw none of that crap at Milan from him... you cant just hit a ball 30 yards into an empty space... sum1 needs to be there!
Tonali was badly handled at Milan.
You still dont get my point.
I didnt like the old Tona.
Pioli's Tona is the one i liked.

stevan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I'm not talking about the firing of Maldini. Whether that's good or not, I don't know. We have to see how Moncada does. I just said about the amount that could be spent without FFP problems. Milan is expected to make 30-35 mil profit for this past year. It seems that UEFA aren't going after clubs below 100 mil in yearly losses.

So even if Milan don't have the same results and revenues, it shouldn't be a big deal to spend somewhat more, if the owners were willing to make the cash injections. Obviously we know that they would rather run the club at breakeven / profit from right now rather than waiting for the revenues to grow further and building a stronger squad first...

I agree with you but nothing points at the owners wanting to make cash injections. Absolutely nothing. Some of us were saying that important players will need to be sold in order to reinforce the club. And that's what happened with Tonali. I don't see anything wrong with this and neither do the new owners. One big sale per year to strengthen the rest of the squad is good business.

CDarius

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Did this overrated nub really put this moment in his farewell for Napoli video?

Attachments

• IMG_2973.jpeg
    IMG_2973.jpeg
    247.9 KB · Views: 27

nefremo

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
This man here will not invest 1$ of his own money into Milan. He has absolutely nothing to do with calcio. He bought a club like Mikan and THEN found out we won 7 CL titles. He has a business plan of making money and if it means to fire legends 1000 times more important then his own ignorant ass, sell top players one by one... he'll do it.

Time will show. But people like that should not be leading a historic and class club like Milan.
We can take turns taking a dump on Gerry. All good with me. But this right here makes you sound ridiculous

ACM14061988

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Suma said Pobega is going to stay, Messias Singo we will see he said but now with Cuadrado to Inter we have an easier road to Singo, he also said we pay cash, we don't do loans with option to buy that you can pay in many years, we are different he said from how other italian teams work

Status
Not open for further replies.