The Rumour Commode XLIII: A Cardinal Win

Who is your favorite team in the Saudi League?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
Gerry is working on it

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Gerry is working on it
tenor.gif

terzino1899

Primavera
Reaction score
If Pioli just asks everyone to ‘dribble’, then why on Earth did we look so amazing in the first half? The link up play, quick passing, movement, and timing of runs was near perfect.
It's still too frustrating to rewatch the game, but i thought the 1st half was a rather anti-Pioliball performance that produced a good result. We were not doing the suicidal pressing constantly and we actually retreated rather quickly back to our defensive line to defend deep. When we win the ball back, we tried countering with speed, taking advantage of Theo, Leao, and Pulisic's agility. There was neat one-touch passing. There were even some good interplay on the right with Pulisic, Musah, and Calabria. I think we also did not just give the ball to Leao hoping for some random slalom but instead passed to him in positions of potential danger.

I thought that the players were actually playing against the instructions of Pioliball.....

It felt more like Ancelottiball at times. For 45 minutes, i thought that we are able to play solid and effective football. Then the 2nd half happened....

Forza Milan per sempre

CanUNoTouch

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
There are far too many to name past & present
That’s why Pioli gave CdK chance after chance last year right?

So yea, let’s invent more reason to hate on Pioli; stupid fucker would evn bench Bellingham!!!

CDK was older (21) than Bellingham is now when he joined Milan. Explain Adli? Who had to wait till he was 23 to actually get a proper chance in the team.

You're capping for the Bald Terrorist when I'm saying it's a overall problem with Italian football. I don't why you keep ignoring the non Pioli parts of the discussion.

As for Pioli his time is done. He's lost the players and they aren't improving. They've all pretty much plateaued because they've been under his terrorism for too long. Pulisic Musah Reijnders RLC look fine so far because they haven't been infected as they haven't been here too long.

Kmoney

Dribble and Inshallah
Reaction score
If De Zerbi resigns we don’t need to buy out his contract, right?

Kmoney

Dribble and Inshallah
Reaction score
Romero got a second yellow for their defender :lol: also made a stupid foul on Raspadori goal so "cancel each other"
Politano looked like prime Messi v THEO and PELLEGRINO on that goal
Mike placed a stupid wall at the FK... he literally obstructed his vision by placing Tomori and Musah there
View attachment 27414
If I remember right, MM’s actual goals conceded wasn’t much better than the XG last season.

He’s made some errors this year as well, this goal was unacceptable to concede.

His shot stopping hasn’t been at its best recently

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
CDK was older (21) than Bellingham is now when he joined Milan. Explain Adli? Who had to wait till he was 23 to actually get a proper chance in the team.
Adli was only 8m right? My point is that if it’s a higher rated talent and team already invested, they would likely play them.
You're capping for the Bald Terrorist when I'm saying it's a overall problem with Italian football. I don't why you keep ignoring the non Pioli parts of the discussion.
Ok this is fair, overall Serie A has too many conservative managers.
As for Pioli his time is done. He's lost the players and they aren't improving. They've all pretty much plateaued because they've been under his terrorism for too long. Pulisic Musah Reijnders RLC look fine so far because they haven't been infected as they haven't been here too long.
:thumbsup:

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
Fair. Players take longer to break out of Italy.

I thought other poster was suggesting we had highly rated talent that Pioli just choose to not use
Cool. But we can go on on Pioli specifically if you want…Jk 😂

…but seriously 😐

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Our next 4 games:

Udinese (Home)
Lecce (Away)
Fiorentina (Home)
Frosinone (Home)

Inter's next 4 games:

Atalanta (Away)
Frosinone (Home)
Juventus (Away)
Napoli (Away)

We can bridge this gap. Only 3 points.

Fiorentina will be a rough one. That team is so unpredictable. On its day easily CL spot competitor. But then they have those inexplicable dives in-between a good batch of games. You never know in what state you face them.

Lazio is a similar team in that regard. And just as I wrote this I checked what Fiorentinas last results were and see they play each other tonight :lol:

Could be a fun one to watch.

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score
What galls about yesterday is not the draw…the draw away to Napoli is fine. It’s the manner.

22/30 points after the schedule we have had is a good return as well, but it’s the injuries. I need to feel confident in what Pioli is doing, and I feel no confidence, and neither, it seems, do Giroud and Leao.

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
We have NINE injured players.

I'm tired from repeating what I've said last winter, Pioli is utter shit and is harming the club. So now I'll stop. Not like Cardinale is reading this.

But I'm sad watching a GOOD team play sad football without any real movement or precise ideas. Seeing players loosing their spirit coz of it etc. While bald butcher just defends himself.

Suma, Serafini, Pellegatti can all go..... you know where. Ballsless status quo people.

Forza Milan!

Next 4 rounds 12 pts!

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
oh please... who is expecting prime ibrahimovic work ethics? we are talking about decision-making and there's no denying that it's often questionable with leao.
no coach in the world will be able to change that. here's a quote from guardiola himself:
“My job is taking you to the final 3rd and your job is to finish.”

folks often claim that in the right system, rafa would be equal to mbappe and vinicius.
what kind of system or proper environment does mbappe play in that he benefits so much from? he has played under 5 different coaches in 6 years and has had almost zero consistency coaching wise.
he always enjoys the most freedom and works even less defensively than rafa. it's not like psg has some kind of groundbreaking master plan. they're also just looking for him to go into 1v1 and finish or lay it off.

the contrast to rafa is immense. when you just look at his goal on wednesday.
the sheer determination that he scores the goal with is something you will hardly ever see from leao.

this reminds me a bit of russell westbrook in the last few years. every time he was trated to a new team, fans were confident: this time he'll adapt. the coach will find a suitable role for him that promotes his strengths. ultimately, it always went the same way. no matter which team and coach, westbrook kept doing his thing: taking threes in crunch time while being an abysmal shooter and routinely screwing over plays.
Prime Ibra work ethics????? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

We had Paolo and Ibra in his ear for multiple seasons and its still the same ol shit

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Sesko's agent: "I can confirm that I spoke with Milan in the past about Sesko when Maldini was there." [SportItalia]

Maldini wanted Sesko but I bet Redbird and Pioli turned him down.
Wouldnt be surprised.

Someone made a post that other day saying Marotta's players all have better resale value than the players Maldini brought in. I feel like this is entirely too harsh on Maldini and it ignores that the ownership have placed limitations on what Maldini can/can't do (in terms of just paying a few mil to get the deal done in hopes that the player have a good resale value anyways). Look at the Thuram episode. This ownership sticks to their evaluations, and this could be a good and a bad thing. There are things that I feel like Maldini could have done better but if you don't allow him to pay a bit more to wrap up deals, well then other teams and agents aren't stupid either. And the player he did get freedom on, CdK, we didn't sell him for any less than previous players who flopped (Paqueta & Piatek). You can't not give the guy money and expect him to be right 100% of the time and leave with you a handful of good assets with resale value that he paid below market evaluations for.

Not familiar with Sesko's game but unless he can do the defensive work Giroud does AND convert on half chances like Giroud, he would 100% be riding the bench or seeing similar minutes as Jovic.

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
All those people always shitting on Padre for not playing our newest and youngest need to re-evaluate themselves.
Pellegrino and Romero are NOT ready for Serie A.
Hopefully this debut doesn't shit on their confidence moving forward.

Pioli's in-game management has been shit these past half dozen matches, but not playing the youngsters until they are ready to play was always one thing that I agree with.
Not everyone was born ready like Musah or Thiaw. Even Kalulu needed half a year before we threw him onto the pitch.
Ahh yes

Epically genius move by Pioli to not give the guy any game time whatsoever previously and then throw in to the wolves against Napoli of all teams because he has no other fucking option. Yeah, because every kid is fucking Kalulu that will save Pioli's bacon.

This is probably the dumbest logic ever to not give youngsters game time. What exactly did you expect from a kid who didnt even get garbage time minutes in games we were comfortably leading to get him used to the pace of Serie A and then brought in against one of the best teams in the league?

By that stupid logic, literally no kid should be given game time because they are never ready. Exactly why Italy is hot garbage in the international stage at this moment.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
We literally have the same injury crisis at the same time every year. It's not unlucky, it is a feature.

These aren't ligament or bone injuries, these are muscular injuries. They are reoccurring. They are constant. Sure, they will happen to any team, but this is literally a pattern we've observed for years now.

I'm not even mad about having more injuries during this time of the year than the rest of the year per sé. That's expected actually as in no time of the year the schedule gets more dense than now.

But even compared to other teams with more injuries than usually - we still beat them out, sometimes even easily, like having twice the injuries than the 2nd placed team in that "competition". That's the reoccurring issue that's driving me crazy.

I mean multiple things can be true at once:

Pioli can be a limited coach in terms of tactics

AND

Leao needs to mature and work on some things ( I thought his contributions first half was actually great even without creating any serious threats)

I don’t understand why everything has to be a binary choice.

Thank you for pointing that out. But sorry, we don't do that in here. You take a clear stance and hold to it rigidly. No grey zones in here please.

Because the buck stops with the manager and his tactical mistakes are glaring.

The things Leao needs to work on... that's part of Pioli's portfolio.

If Conte can improve Lukaku, it isn't unreasonable to expect Pioli to smooth out Leao. You want to give Pioli credit for Leao blossoming, great, now Leao is stalling.

Pioli is Mark Jackson with the Warriors for me, in the casual fan sense not the nitty gritty NBA fan way.

My friend, he literally said that both the player and Pioli play their part in this, which I think is nothing that polemica to say :lol:

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Leao's attempted lob should have been reason enough to be pulled out of the game. We've been waiting for him to become ruthless for years now, it seems. And it just doesn't happen. The guy's attitude is as if he's playing with his friends in the park. Ok, it is what it is. He is still a great player and the best we have on the left...but yea, shouldn't be treated like a superstar and rightfully, should be pulled off the field at times.

The result itself isn't terrible. The fact we gave away a 2 goal lead though, makes it feel like a defeat.
he is the only superstar in the team 💀
When they sign a player better than him then we can talk

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Ahh yes

Epically genius move by Pioli to not give the guy any game time whatsoever previously and then throw in to the wolves against Napoli of all teams because he has no other fucking option. Yeah, because every kid is fucking Kalulu that will save Pioli's bacon.

This is probably the dumbest logic ever to not give youngsters game time. What exactly did you expect from a kid who didnt even get garbage time minutes in games we were comfortably leading to get him used to the pace of Serie A and then brought in against one of the best teams in the league?

By that stupid logic, literally no kid should be given game time because they are never ready. Exactly why Italy is hot garbage in the international stage at this moment.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk
I think your critique of manager being overly conservative has merits, but which player here sucks bc he didn't get consistent play time when he was young?

1698681862092.png

Last edited:

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
We were stretching it with him playing a more defensive role in a double pivot.

This season we are essentially asking more of him to be a lone DM, coupled with his injury.

I don’t think any Krunic fans was claiming he’d be next Mark van Bommel, just that he is serviceable for the time being.

Very concerning they rolled into the season with only him and Adli for thst position
Look at this - you lose Kessie and your team is unablanced and you find some success with a serviceable Krunic but you choose not to buy an upgrade in the summer
When Giroud does anything decent you look ok as an attacking unit but once he isnt there your team becomes rudderless but you let purchasing an upgrade go for multiple seasons

Winning or seriously improving seems to be more lip service than anything.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Look at this - you lose Kessie and your team is unablanced and you find some success with a serviceable Krunic but you choose not to buy an upgrade in the summer
When Giroud does anything decent you look ok as an attacking unit but once he isnt there your team becomes rudderless but you let purchasing an upgrade go for multiple seasons

Winning or seriously improving seems to be more lip service than anything.
And this is after a big market with a bunch of new players, funded by selling our gambling future bandiera. Dont get me wrong, for the most part most of these players can earn their keeps, which is an impressive feat in itself.

By the time we get to addressing Giroud, Krunic, and Calabria, we are going to find ourselves needing a new LB, LW, or GK.

Taper expectation and all will be fine.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.