The Rumour Commode XLIII: A Cardinal Win

Who is your favorite team in the Saudi League?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gennaro8

Milan Icon
Reaction score
I think we have 15M ready for Taremi. If we sell Origi, Sale and Ballo, we will have some extra funds for closing the deal. We have to bi patient. Maybe we will not seal the deal tomorrow but we are probably close

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
I don’t think it’s about raising the money. That’s never the issue. It’s always about getting the best deal. Pushing Porto until the end of the mercato when they can lose him for free next year is how we can get them to drop their ridiculous demand. 15m is fair for his age and contract situation.

Colombo has his bags packed and I think they’re ok with Origi staying out of the squad all year. We save money by getting him on the growth decree at least.
Its multitasking.
Having extra 10-15mil next to what Kru could fetch will give us a wider space to negotiate his replacement.
Anyway , Moncada earned my trust so am so relax even mercato ended.
Fine as we are have a meaning after all those years of hating it.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
fi is so crap now, no table, no live scores, no results or fixtures... im on crappy yahoo sports for games, anyway...
1693169740384.png

For :b:

DirtyDish

Primavera
Reaction score
If Taremi gets over the line we need to be patent. He will need probably a month to fully integrate and get up to speed of playing a higher level week in and out. Its too bad he couldnt have gotten done early like Pulisic and Reijnders. Given how cruical he could be to winning trophies.

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
If Taremi gets over the line we need to be patent. He will need probably a month to fully integrate and get up to speed of playing a higher level week in and out. Its too bad he couldnt have gotten done early like Pulisic and Reijnders. Given how cruical he could be to winning trophies.
Oh no, we would be left with OG & Okafor.
Oh the horror.

LemonCookies

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Vlahovic is a barely better Matri. The man had Cuadrado and Kostic pinging worldies into the box every game last season and he barely broke double digits. As it stands, he's a fraud who's not worth anything past 25mil. Now, if we sign him, I'll get on my knees, but I'd much rather do that for the bronze skinned Persian lad.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
If Taremi gets over the line we need to be patent. He will need probably a month to fully integrate
Lol! you know pioli, right?

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
No one does it this blatantly in Serie A. Tomori on the left is very useful for coverage, and Krunic seems like he’s been instructed to stay very conservative. The point is that you now have to choose who to deal with; Leao or Theo. Have your winger track Theo, that leaves Leao wide in space one on one with your fullback. Keep both winger and fullback wide to deal with Leao, Theo will push inside and we dominate the midfield. What we avoid is having both Theo and Leao in the same channel and getting blocked or running into each other.

It’s a move that unlocks both players.

Add the threat on the right side with Pulisic and RLC and teams can’t even defend asymmetric like they used to.

It’s just threats from everywhere all at once. You really can’t deal with this besides just a low block and hope for the best. Then we play Chukwueze and Giroud and we stretch them wide and they’re fucked. It’s just a real nightmare to play against us this season.

Play high press, Maignan plays the ball over you like we did yesterday. Play low we have the players to break you down. Mid block, good luck with our pace and intensity and directness. defend narrow, we have the best wingers in the league. Defend wide, we’ll tear you apart with runners from midfield.

This squad has been built expertly.
jack-nicholson-nod.gif

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The ref just gave the 3 points to Napoli on a silver platter by giving a straight red to Maxime Lopez for... saying something :lol:
Can’t blame him

Maxime Lopez’s face tend to have that effect on people

• LOL
Reactions: brk

ForzaMilan2

Milan fan since the 60's
Reaction score
Fav. Players
When I was young, Rivera. Many more since then.
It looks like they're doing it the smart way like City did. They seem to have a clear plan and doing it step by step. Right now they're building a solid foundation and when the time is right they will bring in a star or two. Stars will come if they pay.
Also, don't forget the airport :ibralol:

ForzaMilan2

Milan fan since the 60's
Reaction score
Fav. Players
If bologna was any good this would beb2 or 3 0
Yup. Unfortunately, Allegri typically starts slow but finishes strong. So I would not count Ladri out quite yet.

That said, there is some degree of satisfaction, after reading how we only won last week because Bologna are so mediocre.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
I want to apologize to the forum for not posting this before the game

we were obv going to roll over Torino :o

ForzaMilan2

Milan fan since the 60's
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I'm just reserving my adoration and bending over just now... After the Chinese mess, I'd rather give it more than a summer of spending before buying my first class ticket on the Gerry train.

So far he hasnt spent much himself, everything is financed I believe, and he's sold to strengthen... Let's just see how we are in a wee while.

I've not doubted most of the work if you've read the thoughts and reasoning in my posts... I've not warmed to the guy, but it's early days.

Like I love, but have judged Paolo, I currently dislike and don't trust Gerry, but he'll not lose sleep over that or try to win me over... Win me over he might though.

If he does I'll hold my hands up... I just want what's best for Milan.

Till then lol...
Indeed. Same as it was a mistake to dump on RB after Maldini + Tonali (without waiting for the mercato to close), it would be a mistake to "declare victory" after just two games. As I have been saying all along, let's see how the season ends before passing judgement.

That said, it is hard not to get excited about how our team has performed so far. Forza Milan !!!

milanheart

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
He's going to be useful as the season progresses. He has much better chances of playing in this team than in a 4231 last season with diaz, CDK and even bennacer ahead of him in the pecking order. He's the only player that can replace Tijjiani reijnders to a lesser degree. Injuries and fatigue will set in and Pioli will have no choice but to play him. Once he gets an extended run and plays well, he'll become a regular pick to replace reijnders of the bench at around the 60th to 70th minute mark. If it doesn't pan out, he'll have the option of leaving in January.
Being a footballer is not like being in university, brother

A player needs to learn and fail on his own accord, take control of the match and hone as much game time as possible. He's 23, not 18. He's also not being played to an extreme degree, and when he does he clearly demonstrates he should be higher in the pecking order, to no avail.
Learning from Paolo and Ibra is only worth anything if you can implement it in the field.
Adli being on a year loan after we bought him, year of being frozen out with Pioli, and a beginning of the season where he hasn't even played in pre-season and is 3rd choosing of the midfield?
I don't know how much of a learning experience can contribute to him, especially when Redbird are bringing in players who are seldom injured (how Thiaw or Kalulu got started in the lineup for instance).

Unless they've concocted some ruse with Pioli where Adli is introduced slowly but surely, like supposedly how Thiaw's involvement was planned out according to his agent (debatable), I don't see any merit in Adli staying here for another minute.
And it would be a damn waste to let go of a player like him.

ForzaMilan2

Milan fan since the 60's
Reaction score
Fav. Players
just sign Vlahovic... juve will sell for 50 + add-ons.

if not this window then the next, we will make sales, save on salary by letting Oli go... wont be a big net expense
Ladri players ...

tenor-2432651194.gif

ZBoban

Milan Icon
Reaction score
The takes here after just two weeks of football are crazy. Some already looking at the standings lol

Status
Not open for further replies.