The Rumour Commode XLIII: A Cardinal Win

Who is your favorite team in the Saudi League?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I didn't laugh at the gamble more so at the circumstance
Look what Klopp said about Origi: "He is fantastic footballer, and I know it sounds ridiculous as I don't line him up often, but he is a world-class striker. He is our best finisher, definitely. He always was and everybody would say the same."

Or Sadio Mane, at Bayern said that Origi was the best finisher he has ever played with.

Damn. Why do you disrespect Mane's opinion on Origi? It also seems like you think Klopp is a moron and a charlatan.

Pretty messed up man. Pretty messed up.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
So why were you hiding the fact that you are a Tree fanboy all this time?

Also messi is the GOAT by definition
im willing to bet Giroud will get atleast 15 goals in the league this year

Raghav

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Sheva, Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, R9, Dinho
In the current market getting a good experienced striker who’s likely to be good for 2-3 seasons.. considering he’s Muslim he probably takes care of his body much better aswell.. and he’ll be happy in a rotating role when we maybe get a top striker next year..

His wages aren’t gonna be crazy either.

Yes last year of contract and 31 etc but we have no other options at the moment

CapitanoMaldini

With Arrogance
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Van Basten, Sheva, Nesta, Pippo, T. Silva, Kaka, Seedorf, Laudrup, Maradona,
DM and a proper 9 are the hardest positions to fill it seems. There are quality DMs they just cost an arm and a leg but quality strikers are difficult to find even when you have the budget….

milanheart

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Moncada knows whats Kalulu worth.
So if we sell him then if its more than his current & future value.
With 40mil we can buy another promissing CD & a solid DM and simply promote Real's RB or even Sale.
We can quickly replace him with Tanganga who is surplus to requirements at Spurs and fits the role of Right back and Center back when needed

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Please stop talking about Origi.

Have we not been through 12 months in pain over this flop already?

omer486

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Lukaku is definitely NOT cheap but guarantees goals in both Italy & Europe which helped Inter reach the CL final and finish 3rd last season banking 150m+ in the process. Therefore, it was a WORTHY investment overall which is why they tried to bring him back. As for Taremi, he's a good player but represents more of a risk given that he's already 31yo and untested outside of Portugal and has never played in a one striker formation before. Therefore, spending 15-20m plus 5-6m in gross wages for a potential backup seems like an expensive risk and an unusual move for RedBird.

Anyway, let's see how it all plays out.

Guarantees goals for Inter that play counter attacking. He didn't guarantee goals for Chelsea and that's why they have frozen him out, despite having loads of cash. What's the guarantee the same thing doesn't happen at Milan that happened at Chelsea?

It's not that unusual for RB. Musah and Chuk are both backups now and Milan paid over 20 mil for them. Only they are younger than Tarimi. 20 mil transfer plus 4 mil gross adds 8 mil to yearly books, so not too bad. Now adding 20 mil to the yearly book.......!!

icculus71

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
People here are afraid to have 2 good players in every position? Whats wrong with having Taremi and Giroud in the same team? We are one of the biggest clubs in the world and we deserve that.
its all about okafor. I would like to see him get his minutes at CF, time to settle and become great at that spot.
If i had faith in Pioli's ability to rotate players, sure, having all three would be great.
I am worried that okafor will become adli and simply be vice leao (who will get a ton of minutes).

I have nothing against Tamermi, but we have OG, Okafor, Origi for CF = pretty decent
we have krunic, adli as the base of our midfield = worrisome

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Like the Pioli will be out by October posts, I find the Taremi will bench Giroud posts so adorable.
We had posters genuinely rooting for that here :(

Taremi seems like a good Giroud backup and the next in line of our experienced CFs that cause Italy problems lineage.

No one is benching Olivier any time soon, but Taremi can help keep him fresh and motivated. Having very good backups for Leao, Giroud, and Pulisic/Chuk… what a world

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
Is Origi Adli’s mentor? Another year on bench atleast Origi achieved something and fleeced Paolo.

acmHR

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Seedorf, Kaká, Boban, Maldini, Nesta, Zlatan
Look what Klopp said about Origi: "He is fantastic footballer, and I know it sounds ridiculous as I don't line him up often, but he is a world-class striker. He is our best finisher, definitely. He always was and everybody would say the same."

Or Sadio Mane, at Bayern said that Origi was the best finisher he has ever played with.

Damn. Why do you disrespect Mane's opinion on Origi? It also seems like you think Klopp is a moron and a charlatan.

No disrespect to them, but he's not backing their words at all. Hi might be the best finisher, but then he's lacking something serious as a player otherwise, he would hit world-class numbers, especially in a team like Liverpool these years he was a part of the team.

I didn't like his transfer from the beginning because of his numbers during the years, as during his career not once he was able to have a goalscoring season so you could say that's the way to play him. I see him as an OK player, nothing special, who maybe has this treat to stay calm and score on the most important occasions, being average most of the matches.

As for Taremi, I was advertising a move for him earlier in the window, as I liked him very much at the World Cup. He was everything for Iran, creating, scoring, fighting, moving smart, etc. Even though it is Porto, he demonstrated he could play and score at the highest level (UCL) or on the international stage for his country. I see him as six (!) years younger Giroud, and with his playing style, he can deliver at this stage for 4-5 years for sure (the length of the proposed contract) as he is physically OK (no major injuries), and his style doesn't depend heavily on speed or acceleration.

If we get him, I can see him hitting double numbers this year even if played in rotation with Olivier.

omer486

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Better if Klopp actually played him more! That would say more than just talking him up!

But it seems that the skills to be a top SD are different from that of a coach or a player. That's why you have top SDs like Campos and Giuntoli who don't have any top level experience playing or coach.

Origi was competing with Firmino for the striker position not with Kane, or Lewandowski or Haaland!

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
DM and a proper 9 are the hardest positions to fill it seems. There are quality DMs they just cost an arm and a leg but quality strikers are difficult to find even when you have the budget….
redondo - under €20m
but proper money is needed for a talented 9

IcyDiavolo

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Goals against Juve, Chelsea, Liverpool, Atleti, Leverkusen in the CL. He’ll cope.

Edit: May have to watch on YouTube as it doesn't seem to work here.

omer486

Milan Legend
Reaction score
redondo - under €20m
but proper money is needed for a talented 9

What do we know about Redondo, other than that he is the son of Redondo!!? Milan still own Daniel Maldini as well, the son of Maldini!!

Has anyone seen a match of Redondo playing?

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score

You think that's what pushed Maldini over the top? The charm of Klopp and Mane?

and he just wasn't having any of what the nerds were saying

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
Guarantees goals for Inter that play counter attacking. He didn't guarantee goals for Chelsea and that's why they have frozen him out, despite having loads of cash. What's the guarantee the same thing doesn't happen at Milan that happened at Chelsea?

It's not that unusual for RB. Musah and Chuk are both backups now and Milan paid over 20 mil for them. Only they are younger than Tarimi. 20 mil transfer plus 4 mil gross adds 8 mil to yearly books, so not too bad. Now adding 20 mil to the yearly book.......!!
Lol he still finished TOP goalscorer for Chelsea with 15 goals despite flopping. Also, the injuries certainly didn't help plus that club has been a mess for a while with a number of big signings failing last season too.

Anyway, like I said before, Taremi doesn't exactly fill me with confidence plus I doubt he'll displace Giroud or even Okafor if the recent reports about him are to be believed. Therefore, if we're investing 15-20m plus 5-6m in gross wages I'd expect him to be a guaranteed starter. Also, I'm surprised that RedBird are investing that amount for a 31yo backup not younger backups like Musah+Chukwueze who can always be resold for a profit.

Longbowman

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Sheva, Nesta, Gattuso, Maldini, Seedorf, Pirlo, R9, Zizou, Nistelrooy, Etoo

Leao once said Daniel Maldini is the most talented player in the team.
Ibra spoke highly of CDK.
Pioli always spoke nicely about Diaz, Messias & Saele.
Only morons will speak bad about their friends and team mates to the media.
Really don't think Klopp and Mane were serious with their opinion. The fact Origi rarely started even when he was fit shows how well Klopp rated him.

AC Kid

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka'<3, Pato, Romagnoli, Gigio, Marco Asensio, Andre Silva
Ahh i can’t tell you enough how happy i am with this new milan… finally a great team

I only have 4 wishes going forward:

1- we offload all the exiled players
2- bennacer return
3- no injuries
4- fuck this sell a big name every summer shit

omer486

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Lol he still finished TOP goalscorer for Chelsea with 15 goals despite flopping. Also, the injuries certainly didn't help plus that club has been a mess for a while with a number of big signings failing last season too.

Anyway, like I said before, Taremi doesn't exactly fill me with confidence plus I doubt he'll displace Giroud or even Okafor if the recent reports about him are to be are believed. Therefore, if we're investing 15-20m plus 5-6m in gross wages I'd expect him to be a guaranteed starter. Also, I'm surprised that RedBird are investing that amount for a 31yo backup not younger backups like Musah+Chukwueze who can always be resold for a profit.

Lukaku played at Chelsea 2 seasons ago. This was before they became a mess under Boehly. They finished top 4 that season.

Lukaku in EPL had 8 goals and 1 assist for the season. It's 15 goals across all tournaments including FA cup!!

15-20 mil for a striker is jack these days. Even someone like Openda is like 40 mil these days. Maybe the best striker transfer would have been Nicholas Jackson for 35 mil as he's fast and big. But Chelsea quickly bought him.

Lukaku is almost for sure not coming to Milan. No need to go into it further......

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
What do we know about Redondo, other than that he is the son of Redondo!!? Milan still own Daniel Maldini as well, the son of Maldini!!

Has anyone seen a match of Redondo playing?
Daniel shud come home
Redondo looks to be a deep lying playmaker

Kmoney

Dribble and Inshallah
Reaction score
Goals against Juve, Chelsea, Liverpool, Atleti, Leverkusen in the CL. He’ll cope.

Edit: May have to watch on YouTube as it doesn't seem to work here.

Nice compilation. I’m sold now. He has very good movement in addition to the other traits mentioned

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
that taremi chad jaw

Status
Not open for further replies.