The Rumour Commode XLIII: A Cardinal Win

Who is your favorite team in the Saudi League?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gacek

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Taremi in portuguese league
22/23 - G 22 A 8
21/22 - G 20 A 13
20/21 - G 16 A 15
19/20 - G 18 A 5
Where is the poop, Robin? There has to be a reason why no english club didn't buy him two or one year ago - and now for him it's either extending his deal with Porto, going to Arabs or choosing Milan.

ACM14061988

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Forum hall of fame post

The rest of us can close or accounts
This is my mouse pad

20230829-220316.jpg

Gennaro8

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Portuguese league
22/23 - G 22 A 8
21/22 - G 20 A 13
20/21 - G 16 A 15
19/20 - G 18 A 5
Where is the poop, Robin? There has to be a reason why no english club didn't buy him two or one year ago - and now for him it's either extending his deal with Porto, going to Arabs or choosing Milan.
Why do you always take english team like some proof for quality? Its not allowed for Milan to have quality players? Its not allowed to reject english teams?

Gacek

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Why do you always take english team like some proof for quality? Its not allowed for Milan to have quality players? Its not allowed to reject english teams?
What? :fp:
No, I don't take english teams like some proof for quality - they're just much richer than others and many more teams from PL are able to buy a star from portuguese league so it's natural to ask why noone wanted him.

Gennaro8

Milan Icon
Reaction score
What? :fp:
No, I don't take english teams like some proof for quality - they're just much richer than others and many more teams from PL are able to buy a star from portuguese league so it's natural to ask why noone wanted him.
How do you know that nobody wanted him? His price was 40-50M last summer probably, so maybe some offers were rejected, nobody knows

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
This whole Taremi saga is giving me Romain Faivre vibes…

PS: We dodged a bullet with that guy, didn’t we?
Eh, it's a bit different. Faivre was more like a Salad/Hauge-type gamble that Brest (? or some other shitty French side, can't remember) decided wasn't enough.

Taremi is a lot more proven.

Gacek

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
How do you know that nobody wanted him? His price was 40-50M last summer probably, so maybe some offers were rejected, nobody knows
Perhaps because only transfer rumours from 2022 I've found are... about Milan being interested in him
I understand you're being nitpicky but in modern sporting journalism it's safe to say if there are no rumours about a transfer there is nothing to mention. Only a very small percentage of moves don't get any mention in newspapers before being finalised.

milanheart

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
As it is then, and correct me if I'm wrong people...

Homegrown:
Calabria
Pobega
Sport
Colombo
Flo
Bart
Simic?

x7 then

Allowing us to register a squad of 24?

Foreign list:
Mike
Theo
Kjaer
Tomori
Thiaw
Deers
RLC
Musah
Krunic
Pulisic
Chuk
Leao
Okafor
Oli

x14 then

So 3 space up for grabs for foreign signings... Potentially add FBT I guess, then the Argentine kids, one has an Italian passport I heard?

So as is, a foreign striker is absolutely fine then...
Where's Kaululu?? One of Adli or Bennacer will also be added. Maybe both. If both are added then it means a striker isn't coming and we are keeping Colombo

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
It doesn't look bizarre when you realise he can't play football.
Love those times in Commode when everyone here was celebrating his coming and telling me that he is great and I am dumb as I didn't want him in Milan. Was hard to find any apologies later on, when we finally got rid of him.
I found his fall bizarre because it seemed more like it was less about talent and more about effort.

He went from "hungry player who wanted to work hard" to these excuses about how he gets weak when the weather is an extra degree hotter or whatever the fuck. He just looked like he was a 38-year-old former star playing in the MLS... two months after looking young and hungry.

Caladan

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka, Pato,
Do we have someone from Portugal or Iran?

iamditi

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Some say 15m, some 18m...i know for sure it will not be more than 20m our magic number 🤣

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Piatek's fall was so bizarre.

When he first came here, he was hungry. Ran himself ragged. Hurled himself at any chance, without any regard for himself, he just wanted to score. For 6 months.

Then the summer came and in pre-season he just... walked around. It wasn't like he got found out, he just... stopped trying.

He literally played like he was Pirlo in the MLS, collecting checks.

So bizarre.
Oh he was trying. Trying hard to dive to win some small-advantage like he plays for some small side, and evidently that's the caliber of teams he played for since he left.

His expression when he was eye-fucking the ref for calls, my goodness he should be banned from football.

Levi

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Kakà, Nesta, Rui Costa, Gattuso.
Eh, it's a bit different. Faivre was more like a Salad/Hauge-type gamble that Brest (? or some other shitty French side, can't remember) decided wasn't enough.

Taremi is a lot more proven.

I'm talking in terms of last minute deals, not the worth of the player. Back then Brest didn't want to sell him either.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score

That punk - I had to hear so much about how much of a class DM he was and best in the league :head:
Never was a baller for the NT so I wrote him off before he even landed and surprise surprise... FODDER

He also did not become "more well-rounded Pirlo" like I was promised.

My only positive memory of him was that FK he scored and a handful of times he won fouls while we were trying to hold on to leads :lol:

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I found his fall bizarre because it seemed more like it was less about talent and more about effort.

He went from "hungry player who wanted to work hard" to these excuses about how he gets weak when the weather is an extra degree hotter or whatever the fuck. He just looked like he was a 38-year-old former star playing in the MLS... two months after looking young and hungry.
You can tell he's not a smart player. Just judging from his interview skills. He legit thought his comment of wanting to be sold in a year for 70m as a compliment to Milan and the fan base.

Plus, his come-up was somewhat abrupt so he probably not used to dealing with adversity, like the stretch we were having. Instead of falling back to playing hard and trying to make the right plays he showed his true colors by doing all that diving.

I am still counting our blessings for Klinsmann being an idiot and helping take Piatek off our hands.

Balo45

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Taremi has been linked with United and Spurs, probably other teams I’m sure. Don’t know the quality of sources but we are not the only team to be linked to him, that’s just not true

Lorenzo99

Beginner
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Leao, Ibrahimovic, Maignan, Zdenek Zeman
Just a thought:
kinda funny that our starter wingers in the first Champions League semifinal match are going to play for Genoa and Bologna this season.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.