The Rumour Commode XLIII: A Cardinal Win

Who is your favorite team in the Saudi League?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

IcyDiavolo

Milan Icon
Reaction score
This is about Man City but it seems that Pioli is literally copying everything that Pep is doing at City. Shows how important Mike is, and while there are some differences because we have Theo and Leao, but the general principles are exactly the same. Even the way they plan to use Doku with Pulisic is the same. Interesting stuff.

Awesome vid. I would say this is pretty new for Guardiola. People that are 'copying' Pep are just using similar variations of the box midfield.

I commented the other day that how Pioli is using it is entirely different to what most coaches are doing. Lots more off-ball movement, long balls and most obviously fluid rotations of positions. It seems to be growing with every performance.

JJ nailed it - Pep is simply just trying to stay ahead of the game by being unpredictable. Last season Pep used a box, and it was still heavily possession dominant but he also began integrating more long balls to Haaland and didn't always play out from insanely deep positions under pressure. And it worked, especially because of how good their counter-press is.

The GK thing is cool. Tactical revolutions have emphasised the importance of ball-playing/carrying defenders. I can easily see the same thing with keepers and their kicking game becoming the new meta to add another outfielder on the pitch. Mike will be huge for us in that regard.

For Pep, the need to get progressive ball-carriers adds a whole new dimension and it is in some ways quite similar to Milan's. I would probably compare Doku more to Leao in terms of raw pace and progressive take ons, i.e. not giving defenders enough time to get back into shape. But yeah, you can already see from our first two performances how much our movement has disrupted high-pressing lines.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
This guy was rumored to leave so many times and never materialized. I wonder why?

Not saying he isn't good but maybe tough agents to deal with.
God knows, man... remember watching highlights of his time back

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Supporting Inter is woke actually.

After all that club was created due to the fact that they weren’t allowing international players to play for Milan. Hence, when the club was created, they allowed international players, which promotes diversity and inclusiveness, ergo wokeness personified

Ergo Pigeon supporting Inter emphasies his woke nature
Inter were historically the right wing club of Milan.

Cloren

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roger Federer is the GOAT
thats-true-jaleel-white.gif

supporting inter on a milan forum and rating zanetti as the best RB of all time? no biggie

bonventura fan in public? tough:ibraugh:

I don’t really get zanetti hate tbf. Are we supposed to hate every player from our rivals teams? For example I’d never be able to hate a player like Del Piero or Zidane.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
This guy was rumored to leave so many times and never materialized. I wonder why?

Not saying he isn't good but maybe tough agents to deal with.
Big teams probably dont think his style is sexy enough

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
Supporting Inter is woke actually.

After all that club was created due to the fact that they weren’t allowing international players to play for Milan. Hence, when the club was created, they allowed international players, which promotes diversity and inclusiveness, ergo wokeness personified

Ergo Pigeon supporting Inter emphasies his woke nature
Leaf was the original inda supporter. Nothing wrong in supporting inda. I agree with the woke nature of supporting inda. Great team. Will never be as good as the real milan though. No matter how much they try.

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
At least they are taking the Primavera seriously. Multiple interesting additions from outside Italy: Skoksilas, Raveyre, Simmelhak, Nissen, Jimenez, Axel Sandler,.....

A good Primavera is going to make a big difference in the medium / long term....
Yep, I loved what Pioli said about having 25 first team players and bolstering the squad with young players presumably from the primavera.

Obviously, we aren’t going to get to a “perfect” 25, but we made very solid progress in that direction from my vantage point

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
At least they are taking the Primavera seriously. Multiple interesting additions from outside Italy: Skoksilas, Raveyre, Simmelhak, Nissen, Jimenez, Axel Sandler,.....

A good Primavera is going to make a big difference in the medium / long term....
Yea we probably to go back to 90s to see our last great player come out of the youth system.
Donna aside. Last outfield player I mean.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I really want Calabria to cook this season. I think he’s a bit underrated by Milan fans. Don’t find the claims that Kalulu should bench him fair
Calabria will be cooked alright. By mbappe when he steam rolls him.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I really want Calabria to cook this season. I think he’s a bit underrated by Milan fans. Don’t find the claims that Kalulu should bench him fair
I think Calabria doesn't get enough credit. People fault defenders for things like... long range shots (what you want to limit your opponents to) or speculative crosses.

Kalulu is much, much better as a CB, for me.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
over at FI, just learnt who Roma's CEO is... and here I thought Italy rejected modernity

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Saw my soul leave the body during the draw

Calabria vs Mbappe

I just kept picturing him getting smoked by Ndoye

omer486

Milan Legend
Reaction score
over at FI, just learnt who Roma's CEO is... and here I thought Italy rejected modernity

The American owner appointed her! Would be different with Italian owners......

• Star
Reactions: vB9

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Saw my soul leave the body during the draw

Calabria vs Mbappe

I just kept picturing him getting smoked by Ndoye
sumthin akin to this...

Deep Fried Pizza & Chips