The Rumour Commode XLIII: A Cardinal Win

Who is your favorite team in the Saudi League?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
Camarda scored two goals against Newcastle in the Youth League

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
Watching Primavera... well... some really interesting players.

Zeroli above all. Then Cuenca aldough he's still bit raw and wild with the ball. Camarda we'll see he's just a kid still.

Real Madrid rb is good technically but doesn't look ready physically for anything more. Same as Chaka.

Zeroli, Cuenca, Camarda...

Storkness

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I will be running a hot spot from my personal cell in order to have wifi on my iPad to be able to watch the match at work today. Bypassing their wifi leaving me undetectable. They shall be none the wiser and believe I’m working diligently.

Suckers. 🔴⚫
1695131986341.gif

yungeddy

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
i MEAN this camarda better be the italian endrick with how much hype u gave this 15 year old

yungeddy

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
giphy.gif

Waiting patiently for the last 2 hours till Pioli gets fired

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
What a prospect! And he's Italian
The latter part right there. That alone is the reason why he will fail as soon as he makes it to first 11. If*** he makes it.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
win and keep pioli or lose and fire his limited bald ass ?

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Spending big is one thing, but now I think the more important things for Milan is to focus on smart scouting / recruitment, a top youth academy and for next season maybe getting a smarter coach like De Zerbi / Nagelsmann.

Moncada seems a good figure for scouting / recruitment. And it finally seems that mgmt is taking the youth academy seriously. These are good improvements.

We all know that RB is not going to spend their own money on the squad, so it's important to grow the revenues and to go as far as possible in the CL

No Elliott MIlan both reduced costs and built the team. They invested around 400 mil over there time into the team. Now RB's 1st year was a step back from Elliott where Milan went from 1st in Serie A to 5th. We still have to see what RB will do. RB and Elliott are not the same. But overall some steps by RB seem good like the stadium and improving the youth academy.

Well, going from 1st to 5th in Serie A tho happened more or less under the very same team that Elliott build. At least if we believe Gerry saying that when he took over, he kept the managerial team as it was intact and didn't change anything until this summer after an extended evaluation time. If anything, this is Red Birds first real year zero, no? Therefore, shouldn't we base our assessments on this new season rather than on the old?

On the other hand, one could say if last year was Red Birds first year 0, we went from not making it out of CLs group stage to our first CL Semifinal in over a decade - at least that's not a step back at all to say the least, no 😉?

I'm making it easy for me and my narrative, I know :lol:. Anyway, let's not nitpick over how much Elliott and how much Red Bird was in last year's Milan. It doesn't really matter to me because commercial wise the growth of the revenues and brand value didn't stop anyway, en contraire, as I said, we're still the fastest growing football brand in Europe.

Red Birds goal is to continue that growth. And if they can do it by finally build that God damn stadium, when it comes to substantial and financial growth, they achieved more in a couple of few years than Elliott, Li and Berlusconi combined in 15 years. That's gonna be Red Birds real test and milestone. And building stadiums seems to be one of Gerrys specialities they say. Let's hope it's true.

La Chupacabra

Primavera aficionado
Reaction score
good analysis from a FB page I follow (translated via Chatgpt, dont have time to edit)

Newcastle is a team that primarily uses a 4-3-3 formation as its playing system. Their characteristics are not focused on possession play; they are not very technical but rely on their physicality and play with a lot of intensity, which is typical of English teams. When pressed hard, they tend to play long balls forward and work on second balls. They are not a team that prioritizes building from the back and keeping possession at all costs. Often, their goalkeeper doesn't initiate play from the back but opts to launch the ball long. We have analyzed their match against Liverpool, who also plays a 4-3-3 system with similar principles to ours. In the case of regaining possession and building from the back, Newcastle typically sets up in a 4+1 formation, as seen in the first picture.
Having difficulty finding the central midfielder, Tonali drops deeper to provide an additional option, forming a sort of 4+2 formation, as shown in the second picture, with the opposite winger becoming the apex of the triangle.
Therefore, when pressed, they struggle to break free from the opposition's pressure and often resort to playing long balls, primarily to their forward or, if available, switching play to the opposite wing. Pressing them can be an effective strategy, especially when playing at home.
Moving to the defensive phase, Newcastle is a team that is not afraid of transitioning to a defensive stance when necessary, as seen in the third picture.
In their pressing, the wingers tend to mark the full-backs, the forward marks the central defenders, the wide midfielders engage with the opposing wide midfielders, and the central midfielder steps up to mark the opposite central midfielder, as shown in the fourth picture.
This approach leaves space behind their central midfielders, as seen in the same image. The forward often has plenty of space because the defense doesn't follow him. This is likely because of physical characteristics, as they fear leaving too much space behind and prefer conceding that kind of room. Giroud usually exploits these situations well and can often be found, allowing for a ball to be played to him and facilitating ball progression.
The slowness of the central defenders and left-back Burn can be an advantage for Milan. The difference in pace between Burn and Salah, for instance, could create problems, but Liverpool did not capitalize on it effectively. However, Milan did well in the two goals by playing Nuñez into space, exploiting the speed difference with the central defenders, as shown in the fifth picture.
One last aspect to focus on is corners in favor of Newcastle. One thing observed in the analyzed game is that Newcastle is adept at covering the near post but leaves the far post area relatively unprotected, with goalkeeper Pope not being perfect in handling balls in that region. It's essential to attempt to deliver corners into that area or flick the ball towards the near post to exploit their vulnerability, as depicted in the sixth picture.
In conclusion, we can expect a high-paced match with intense battles for every ball, making it physically demanding. It will be crucial to excel in second balls when Newcastle plays long and to capitalize on the greater speed of our wingers, possibly by constantly attacking the spaces between the central defender and the full-back on the sides.
FB_IMG_1695135257587.jpgFB_IMG_1695135262173.jpgFB_IMG_1695135266383.jpgFB_IMG_1695135268643.jpgFB_IMG_1695135271010.jpgFB_IMG_1695135274382.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule