The Rumour Commode XLIII: A Cardinal Win

Who is your favorite team in the Saudi League?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Don’t care about Krunic vs Ben but I think regarding Benny he has some of the same issues as Calabria where the injuries just really hit him. Take last season. If I remember right, brk I think had mentioned it but I’m not sure, Ben was near the top of the league in ball recoveries for the first portion of last season. I think it’s fair to say when he is fit for a stretch he looks pretty good, and it’s equally fair to say he’s very inconsistent when returning from injuries. Not comparing their talent levels but Calabria is the same way. Always gets shit when he comes back from injury, this last game for example. Point is sometimes it’s not about skill or technical ability but fitness and athleticism. Neither is a great athlete and time off the field makes them struggles more than others.
:thumbsup:

Also like you mentioned previously, most players are situational right? So the discussion was always framed around what Pioli wanted from a player in a position further back and to protect our backline whos also had really low morale, and that's why he chose Krunic over Bennacer.

On the ball I am excited for him to get back. I think most of his time here he’s been seen as unique in the midfield, only one that can build from deep. Criticism of him on give aways is fair but I’ve also seen him on an island being expected to progress the ball in hard situations. I do think he has a tendency to be too risky, that’s valid. I would like to see him with Reijnders and a better functioning attack. He hasn’t played much time here with better technical players around him so he seems a better fit now than the last two seasons. Gotta be worried about his fitness though.
I think we'd need a real physical presence as a third midfielder if we field Bennacer and Reinjders as side midfielders at the same time. RLC so far doesn't look like he's up that though he can still improve as season goes on and "learn the role" like Krunic did. Or maybe it will be Musah.

I can't see us holding onto Krunic if we are really offered 10+2m and he wants a raise.

Pigeon

CR7 of CEO's
Reaction score
Fav. Players
gaetano f. intrieri
Think you need to direct this to Pioli.

Imho you could've stopped writing after 'he performed best with Kessie'

The people that prefer Krunic don't think he is a better player than Bennacer but in our setup he is far more effective defensively and that's why they rather see him in the team. We would all like to see Krunic replaced (maybe not Pigeon) but as Bro. Cloren stated, not see Benny as the DM but on the side.

Now if RLC transforms or Musah emerges at RCM then Benny can work in the middle imho.

At least that's how I see it.
said several times that i'm for investing proper money in a new DM and that is not 15-20m but more towards 30m

hence it doesn't make sense to sell krunic for 7-10m and replace him with an average player like dominguez or some other fodder

if management sees bennacer as DM, they won’t spend much anyway. so i don't get all this screaming for a DM

bennacer is supposedly this world class DM for many here and he may be back sooner than expected. in that case krunic is a stopgap, but we still have to sell him for 7m and replace with some other fodder or else our season is over:lol:

Gennaro8

Milan Icon
Reaction score
I am losing hope for new striker. I think that people in the club are insane, and they will go in to season with Giroud and Colombo. And they will cry about that very soon

Balo45

Milan Legend
Reaction score
It’s gonna be taremi isn’t it? Seems like he was the goal all along. They chose Chuk over him but now they don’t have to.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
Lakaka is coming im 100% sure
+ a new DM...there's been too much noise around Krunic and MF aren't stupid enough to spend 100m on new signings with Krunic as starting DM.

Panache

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Lakaka is coming im 100% sure
I don't see that happening because of his wages. The guy earns 20 mil a year. That's 4 times what our highest earner makes.

Unless we can convince Chelsea to pay half his salary at least. :lol:

Also, Origi not leaving is going to make it very difficult.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I don't see that happening because of his wages. The guy earns 20 mil a year. That's 4 times what our highest earner makes.

Origi can still go to Etifaq since they don’t want Mason anymore. There’s hope we offload him even after the window closes. But we need a new striker. Okafor might work but now I’m greedy and I want Taremi.

Cloren

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roger Federer is the GOAT
Origi can still go to Etifaq since they don’t want Mason anymore. There’s hope we offload him even after the window closes. But we need a new striker. Okafor might work but now I’m greedy and I want Taremi.

What do you think of the rumours of Leao being tired as a striker if we don’t get one at the end of the Mercato

AC_Wesley

¡YA BASTA!
Staff member
Reaction score
Best news comes from Italy today

A giraffe and an elephant escape from a movie set

There are already those who have renamed the scene: "It's the live action of Madagascar". An elephant and a giraffe escaped from the Cinecittà studios set and began to roam the complex at number 1055 in via Tuscolana.

Edu-bY-A

Accounting Force
Reaction score

Realistically speaking, I think it will be Ekitike or someone no one has named yet.

Kean has been denied many times, Lukaku has been denied many times, Broja is too risky, Mikautadze and Balogun are probably too expensive. David is out of reach.

Panache

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Taremi gives me Reijnders vibes. Not the flashiest name out there but he will quietly excel in his role. Looks pretty technical and assists as much as he scores.

But I think it will be Jovic at the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.