The Rumour Commode XLIII: A Cardinal Win

Who is your favorite team in the Saudi League?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Genuinely I don't think that Pulisic goal was handball. In realtime it's clear momentum was caused by his shoulder and part of hid upper arm. Anyone can find a still where it looks like his forearm or silhouette touches the ball. I really doubt the FIGC and VAR would be looking to help us after all the times they have sabotaged us in the past.
I thought the purpose of VAR/replay was to only change a decision if it was definitive

With the replay, it was hard to tell if the ball only bounced off the chest and which part of the arm it even hit

Reminded me a bit of that wrongly disallowed Kessie goal vs United

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
Management needs to break bank for a striker. Reijndeers started every game hope he gets a breather.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
Who will mark mbappe vs psg though? That's giving me nightmares.

Calabria will be back? Hope he does something useful.

As for Florenzi, it won't be a good match up for him. Too much pace.

Hopefully pag are dumb enough to put mbappe in the centre and play him as a playmaker which they did against Newcastle.

Tomori can take him out via the middle.

Ryo

Billy's Right Peg
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Billy, George, Marco, Paolo, Charles, Fik, Pierre, Mike & Rafa

Cloren

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roger Federer is the GOAT
I think Pioli did well for this match considering the outrageous circumstances of playing 2 always matches in basically so little time, for the first time in history. It’s very difficult to implement and execute your best game in every match, especially in matches like this. Coming up with the win somehow is very important, ugly wins are part of winning a title.

Good rotation to save our best players. I really liked that he didn’t start any of Leao/Pulisic I thought the subs were good and they made an impact. Maybe I’d keep Chuk for a bit more to not destroy his confidence, but Pulisic is the better player and we needed a win, so can’t blame him. And he came in clutch too so great decision.

Okafor for Leao made a lot of sense since Okafor was really poor today unfortunately. Not having Mike for Juve sucks but honestly Sportiello has been great so far so I ain’t worried.

Theo is a big loss but again, the positive is that he will be rested for PSG which is a more important match, after all he’s playing in the break too, so Juve/PSG could drain him. We’ll have him at his best for PSG and then Napoli. Not underestimating Juve, it will be a tough match but Napoli and PSG are better teams so if there is a match I’d want Theo to miss, it’s the Juve match. So all good in that side.

Cloren

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
There's a button to upload videos.

Yeah I got it but seems like the uploaded file is too large. I’ll just stick to Twitter then

• Thumbs Up
Reactions: Ryo

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think Pioli did well for this match considering the outrageous circumstances of playing 2 always matches in basically so little time, for the first time in history. It’s very difficult to implement and execute your best game in every match, especially in matches like this. Coming up with the win somehow is very important, ugly wins are part of winning a title.

Good rotation to save our best players. I really liked that he didn’t start any of Leao/Pulisic I thought the subs were good and they made an impact. Maybe I’d keep Chuk for a bit more to not destroy his confidence, but Pulisic is the better player and we needed a win, so can’t blame him. And he came in clutch too so great decision.

Okafor for Leao made a lot of sense since Okafor was really poor today unfortunately. Not having Mike for Juve sucks but honestly Sportiello has been great so far so I ain’t worried.

Theo is a big loss but again, the positive is that he will be rested for PSG which is a more important match, after all he’s playing in the break too, so Juve/PSG could drain him. We’ll have him at his best for PSG and then Napoli. Not underestimating Juve, it will be a tough match but Napoli and PSG are better teams so if there is a match I’d want Theo to miss, it’s the Juve match. So all good in that side.
I got the sense that Theo wanted the yellow. As long as Mike is only out for Juve then it's fine.

I agree subbing out Chukwueze at halftime was not a good decision. He was playing great and was useful and this destroys his confidence.

We get to see this for another two weeks at least:

1696752828657.png

Cloren

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I got the sense that Theo wanted the yellow. As long as Mike is only out for Juve then it's fine.

I agree subbing out Chukwueze at halftime was not a good decision. He was playing great and was useful and this destroys his confidence.

We get to see this for another two weeks at least:

View attachment 26551

Frankly a part of me was relieved when he got a yellow.

I guess that’s how much Juventus have fallen since Covid, I don’t rate them that much anymore 😂

And I love that.

As far as Chuk is concerned, I didn’t think he was bad either, but tbh when Pulisic came on I could see the difference immediately, he looked more lively and pumped. I think he’s more versatile than Chuk and I think that’s why Pioli prefers him too.

But yeah it was his best game this season and should played more. At least till 65

Last edited:

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I know Genoa turned into a meme game but I thought Adli played really well in the first half. He faded in the 2nd but maybe his fitness isn't there yet. He should 100% start vs teams who will sit back from now on, no question. If he can not be a stop sign defensively in the Juve/PSG/Napoli run I'd say he should be the permanent starter. He has taken on the role well and looks more comfortable than expected at this stage

Also, Pioli really needs to improve the planning for CFs. I know Giroud is a shitter and he can't do anything in attack outside of flicks/win headers but going into every game not involving your CF is an insane handicap. Poor Jovic was dropping to the midfield at one point to get involved. If this team is to consistently perform well, this really needs to change soon. It renders the qualities of Okafor and Jovic completely useless using the same approach for all
I thought that was a Jovic Problem, Giroud regularly drops in a target man position and hits these really dangerous passes to a winger playing on the shoulder of the defender. His playmaking is really underrated and it is no accidents that he has so many assists already.
Jovic just doesn't have the ability to do that from what it looks like. Of course it is still early but that just looked like the difference between a target man/wall player vs poacher/semi poacher. I don't really see a way to change that in a 4-3-3 though.

With Okafor ST we actually play differently imo.

Cloren

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Luckily, with Pioli as our coach we know we’ll have plenty of ugly wins.

We had 5 good wins, and 2 ugly wins IMO this season.

King George

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah, Boban, Maldini, Nesta, Costacurta, Montolivo, Ambrosini, Albertini, Desailly
Of all the crazy shit that happened last night, I still can’t get over the Maignan save. It was so so so so good.

I first thought it was a great save. Then, it became even more impressive when I realized he saved it with his left hand.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
I haven’t been able to watch my beloved Milan lately, but I know what I know and that is we are

200w.gif

terzino1899

Primavera
Reaction score
I was strangely calm wathing this game as i firmly believed that we would score at least 1. No logical reason. But fucking OG has truly entered the hall of legends. Not on a pedestal yet, but he is in there already.

Really believe that in time, all these players will gel better and contribute. Even Jovic.

Adli is awesome and Mizuno man has a smokin red pack on doing almost everything a midfielder should do.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I’m fairly certain Maignan will get a two game suspension AT LEAST. Fuck

I hope they won't. GKs are taught from the very beginning to jump with your knee up high to protect your body since GKs are the only players to jump and stretch the hands towards the ball, thus leaving the body completely vulnerable.

Maignang clearly didn't intent to harm the opponent. It's a red of course. But putting his knee up was due to the reflex he's been taught every day since 20 years. He never ever tried to maliciously harm his opponent.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I know Genoa turned into a meme game but I thought Adli played really well in the first half. He faded in the 2nd but maybe his fitness isn't there yet. He should 100% start vs teams who will sit back from now on, no question. If he can not be a stop sign defensively in the Juve/PSG/Napoli run I'd say he should be the permanent starter. He has taken on the role well and looks more comfortable than expected at this stage

Also, Pioli really needs to improve the planning for CFs. I know Giroud is a shitter and he can't do anything in attack outside of flicks/win headers but going into every game not involving your CF is an insane handicap. Poor Jovic was dropping to the midfield at one point to get involved. If this team is to consistently perform well, this really needs to change soon. It renders the qualities of Okafor and Jovic completely useless using the same approach for all

@Samaldinho was one of the first in here noticing the immobility of our attacking front. No off the ball movements. I agree with that. I'm sure Pioli has a logic behind this but I can't see it right now. Maybe it's also more evident now than a couple of weeks ago because we've just reached the end of that insane 7 games within 21 days stretch and everybody is just running on flat tires.

Cloren

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I’m glad I watched the replay because at least I slept beforehand.

If I watched this in real time I’d probably not even sleep for 1 hour 😂

I feel like I can watch that last 15 mins for weeks.

That’s how great this match felt. These vibes felt insane.

I was already loving seeing Pulisic telling Leao ‘that’s what I’m talking about’ and then to see Giroud be the keeper, make a save and see all players hug him at the end of the match was so wholesome.

Then the social media content was off the charts.

Those Suma/Crudelli videos killed me. Such an emotional win. It feels so good

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Genoa President Alberto Zangrillo was furious after the 1-0 defeat to Milan, maintaining Christian Pulisic’s goal should’ve been disallowed for handball and Mike Maignan needs a lengthy ban for a ‘murderous’ challenge.
Lol! Remember that Fergie line: "He almost killed the boy!"

bullard

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Hot-dog, hamburger, WWE, guns, Hollywood, Christian Pulisic... I love you America

Cloren

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Watching this really closely, to me it wasn’t just the save that was actually world class by the way, it was the fact on how quick he was to get the ball after his save just before the Genoa player got the ball, incredible athleticism and quickness. And we are talking about a striker doing this kind of goalkeeping. It’s genuinely insane.

The fact that he was the goalkeeper was already insane but it was this moment that raised the insanity levels over 9000. This save, and getting the ball immediately after that save.

Status
Not open for further replies.