The Rumour Commode XLIII: A Cardinal Win

Who is your favorite team in the Saudi League?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Problem with Osimhen is slso that he had at least stints of injury prone-ness. With a 150m investment thats defenitly a concern.

David would tick a lot of boxes if we can accept that he won‘t contribute anything in the air.

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
@General
I'm going to backtrack my original position and stick with your proposal

Selling thiaw for 65m + adding 30 to get osimhen is a yes for me

Osimhen at Milan would be so perfect and at that price might be considered a bargain in today's evaluations

Yes, I love Malick, top defender with huge potential but certainly not irreplaceable

Osimhen in Rossoneri colours would be 🔥 .. please if there is the slightest chance that you know Gerry and you know that he is considering it tell him to go ahead full force no fear

milanheart

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Nigeria seems to be the latest hotbed for producing strikers. Osimhen, Awoniyi, Boniface, Orban, Moffi and now Akor Adams of Montpellier. For further context, Boniface has 9 goals and 3 assists in 10 games. Adams has 5 goals in 8 games for Montpellier. Apart from Orban, all of these strikers are between 188 and 190cm. Even Osimhen at 186cm is shorter than most of them. And these are not just strikers that play in the penalty box. They are also good at taking on defenders and being generally involved in build up.

Fun fact: Zirkzee also has Nigerian roots.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
tobias.gif
a5ea9539-e259-4618-8c22-f1614fe16185_text.gif

As a Pioli fan ;) one way I do think he really helps our defence is by fostering a really strong team spirit. I saw it in the scudetto season and I'm seeing it now, where I trust the defence to hold things together when they're under pressure because they all look so connected as a unit.
I think Pioli's... "tactics" puts an insane amount of strain on our defense to hold together, and to me, I don't see this in service to some overwhelming attack that dazzles but... let's all dribble forward.

This doesn't maximize the abilities of the players we do have, like Calabria, and pushes them to be on the back-foot constantly.

What amazes me if the criticism of Adli for "holding onto the ball too long." He's looking for a pass, but our tactics doesn't involve player movement, at all. Pioli has figured out he wants to have one winger high (Pulisic as a RW or Okafor as a LW) and one winger lower (Leao as LW or Chuk as a RW) otherwise, when we're in possession, Pioli's tactics are... let's push up Tiji and RLC/Musah up to join our ST and wingers so we can form a line to stand in solidarity with our anti-Milan scoring opponents.

This puts our defense and CDM in a very precarious spot, as they are vulnerable to transitions because... we don't have a plan.

But I agree that team-spirit is huge, because in order to prevent these transitions from hurting us, everyone has to sacrifice, and I think our team does that, to the point that when one player doesn't for like... a single play, it stands out so much that we point fingers at them (I've done this myself often).

Calabria's story is heart-warming, and he loves the club. Our primavera looks like a bunch of monsters, and I'd love for us to just fill our squad with kids from the primavera and then just buy a big piece when we need it. I just want him to be used to the best of his abilities.

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
I have seen zero links, but a striker the recruiting team should really look at is this young 19 year old Colombian kid named Jhon Duran. The kid is going to be an animal. He has the potential to be a prime Lukaku/Drogba type player. Big and strong with a lot of pace and elite power. He played for my hometown club Chicago Fire FC. He was 17 bullying grown men with his pace and strength (albeit low level competition). I was telling people he was a baby Drogba in the making and people laughed. And then he got links to Liverpool and Man U and was scooped by Aston Villa for 12M. He has 4 goals in all comps this season with limited playing time as he's behind Ollie Watkins. The kid is very raw but the talent is there. He already has 7 caps with the Colombian national team and a goal for them. At this point he can still be gotten for an affordable fee. He would dominate Serie A with his paid and brute strength Ala Lukaku.
That is a conflicting report.

Fusiproe12

Stadio Grande Silvio Berlusconi Milano
Reaction score
We should be considering a very last loan for Pobega in january, he will have to prove himself as a one of the very best midfielder in calshio

Meanwhile we can get Soriano and Benassi as a replacements for him (they're both free agent)

Ryo

Billy's Right Peg
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Billy, George, Marco, Paolo, Charles, Fik, Pierre, Mike & Rafa
Reijnders really brought creativity in the game. Thiaw, love him how he breaks the line with his passess, not afraid to try.

How was our progresive passess last season? Who were the best ones?
Probably Mike. :ibralol:

omer486

Milan Legend
Reaction score
@General

Osimhen at Milan would be so perfect and at that price might be considered a bargain in today's evaluations

Yes, I love Malick, top defender with huge potential but certainly not irreplaceable

Osimhen in Rossoneri colours would be 🔥 .. please if there is the slightest chance that you know Gerry and you know that he is considering it tell him to go ahead full force no fear

Better to sell Kalulu for 40 mil and Colombo for 15 than Thiaw for 65 mil. Milan should get to the phase where the bench/ 2nd string players get good prices. Like Real sold Morata for 60 mil and even Inter sold Pinamonti for 20 mil.

Milan should be a top team where even some of these bench players get big prices and then the club uses that money to make the team even stronger.

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
Better to sell Kalulu for 40 mil and Colombo for 15 than Thiaw for 65 mil. Milan should get to the phase where the bench/ 2nd string players get good prices. Like Real sold Morata for 60 mil and even Inter sold Pinamonti for 20 mil.

Milan should be a top team where even some of these bench players get big prices and then the club uses that money to make the team even stronger.
Of course, if that option is available then yes, sell the lesser players. But I was just going ahead with the original proposal in its purest form.

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Colombo is worth like 3.35MM :(

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
@General

Oshimen milan? Hell I would sell malick In a heart beat. We can buy someone else to replace malicious but oshimen.....oshimen in milan? Next sheva for us easy. We would dominate for the next 5 years winning scudetti multiple times and possibly the ucl.

Provided we add a replacement CB and a rb.

Unbelievable player.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
Nigeria seems to be the latest hotbed for producing strikers. Osimhen, Awoniyi, Boniface, Orban, Moffi and now Akor Adams of Montpellier. For further context, Boniface has 9 goals and 3 assists in 10 games. Adams has 5 goals in 8 games for Montpellier. Apart from Orban, all of these strikers are between 188 and 190cm. Even Osimhen at 186cm is shorter than most of them. And these are not just strikers that play in the penalty box. They are also good at taking on defenders and being geneinvolved in build up.

Fun fact: Zirkzee also has Nigerian roots.
Gift orban is short for a striker but he is brilliant.

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
Oshimen milan? Hell I would sell malick In a heart beat. We can buy someone else to replace malicious but oshimen.....oshimen in milan? Next sheva for us easy. We would dominate for the next 5 years winning scudetti multiple times and possibly the ucl.

Provided we add a replacement CB and a rb.

Unbelievable player.
I love the nickname malicious :lol:

Ryo

Billy's Right Peg
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Billy, George, Marco, Paolo, Charles, Fik, Pierre, Mike & Rafa
So Pellegrino is good enough for national team but not for Pioli, hm
Not sure he's actually good enough for the NT.
Each NT always reserves one or two spots for youngsters who have multiple options of national teams so that they can "keep the talent for their country".
They rate said youngster, but whether or not they actually develop into anything useable for the NT is another story. We've all heard of players who get one or two caps in a useless friendly and then are never heard from ever again. That's likely just to keep those players from ever playing for another NT.

I'm still kind of pissed Fik chose England instead of Canada. He'd be a lock to start in their defense for the next 10 years.

WILL2K

Magical Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo , Maldini , Kaka , Zizou ..

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I dont think there are many good strikers today, there may be some in the making. I hope Moncada will find someone although I think for the CF position specifically we should be looking for someone experienced because its more about good positioning and being efficient with everything basically.

I think I would be ok with stop gap solutions for a few seasons until someone exciting pops up. I would focus more on depth and variety there for the time being. Someone like Lewandowski would be awesome although I'm not sure he feasible.
We could have had muani for cheap or Boniface even
But.....now? Going to be hard without selling.

Dokoa

Milan Icon
Reaction score
We bought thiaw for 8.6M IIRC

madrid throwing out a number is brilliant. It sends a message to the player that they are interested and now it’s in the open.

when we to renew him it’s going to cost us

that said, I would listen to any number north of 65M
No id go 80 M at least.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
How did we get to 150M :lol:

lets try this another way, would you have used all of Tonali‘s proceeds and another 30M for oshimen this year?
100%yes.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Why are we discussing Victor? Someone say we are looking for a big name striker?

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
100m to even get us to talk surely?!

He's developing at a steady pace and works in our set up, he's turned into a key player.

20m what are they smoking...
Haha 20 mil. Will get you his semen madrid.

Status
Not open for further replies.