The Rumour Commode XLIV: Paragliding to Piolistine Crisis

Rigore to save your life: choose your player

• Total voters

Nalim

Banned
Reaction score
Hansi Flick is available. He underperformed with Germany, but Nagelsmann also hasn't set the world on fire. What the fuck are we waiting for? Hansi Flick would be an ideal coach for us, his Bayern was a dominating indestructible. The Pioli era should be over. You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain. Bald fraud is now the villain. Fire his ass asap, and bring in Hansi Flick. His style of football would be ideal for us, and could elevate us to the next level.
Hansi Flick has spent 1.5 seasons as a top flight manager and that was during the pandemic which was when Pioli himself played his best football.

Flick’s Bayern played some of the best football I’ve seen from a club side but I’m not sure he’d be able to replicate it at any other club or under different circumstances.

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Is there any chance Theo will change his attitude if Pioli leaves? Or will he continue jogging until winter/end of the season and leave?
Theo with France is the best LB in the world and an undisputed starter for them. And this is under Deschamps who was deliberately ignoring him for years. Give this team a real coach and you will see huge difference in 2 weeks.

voom

Milan Legend
Reaction score
With this incapable management ,patience is the key. They always wait that something will suddenly change with Pioli.

Fusiproe12

Stadio Grande Silvio Berlusconi Milano
Reaction score
These 2 weren't idiots

fassone.mirabelli.milan.2017.18.1400x840.jpg

voom

Milan Legend
Reaction score
5 CB's out! Joke of a club. Every fucking year we have the most injuries. Pioli miserable weak bitch.

Because pioli don't know how to set up team properly ,and players don't know where to be, where to go. CB need to be right back and center back. Awful coach.

Super22

Wonderkid
Reaction score
Milan in big games this season:

Inter 5-1 Milan
Milan 0-0 Newcastle
Dortmund 0-0 Milan
Milan 0-1 Juventus
PSG 3-0 Milan
Napoli 2-2 Milan
Milan 2-1 PSG
Milan 1-3 Dortmund

4 losses, 3 draws, 1 win.

If you want to count Lazio/Roma as big wins, then get out. Those are not big matches.
Pioli is naive, we should have played a cautious and methodical game against Dortmund but Pioli went all out with Rejinder and Adil in midfield leaving plenty of spaces for Dortmund to counterattack.

Let see if he learns from the mistakes when we go St James park.

voom

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Pioli is naive, we should have played a cautious and methodical game against Dortmund but Pioli went all out with Rejinder and Adil in midfield leaving plenty of spaces for Dortmund to counterattack.

Pioli Learns!

theduck7

Milan Legend
Reaction score

I feel he's constantly learning from mistakes

IL-Capitano

Legenda di AC Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
too many great players to list but if pushed all time favorite player: Maldini
Whatever leverage Pioli may have had with Milan’s management board was seriously damaged last night. I see a lot of blame aimed at key players and while they are not blameless it is clear Pioli and his fitness team have lost the players confidence and trust.

The team has been aimless the players look demoralised, confused and devoid of any faith in Pioli to guide or lift the team out of their current form or predicament.

There is a slim chance of CL progression and I do mean extremely slim chance. Injuries and tactical application have played their role because Pioli has failed to develop the entire squad in adapting to what he wants from them or how he could utilise them tactically.

@danilo1899 is correct regarding the appointment issue Serie A has stricter rules where appointing coaches mid season are concerned. So Milan have a real issue either they are stuck with Pioli until the end of the season or they have to pay up for a serious upgrade who has not managed in Serie A this season. That also has its risks.

The fitness team is not as difficult a decision they clearly need to go! And frankly if Pioli stands by them or defends the fitness team he should leave with them. The new board and Pioli have only themselves to blame for this early collapse it was always a risk but it has come much sooner than anyone would have expected.

It is difficult to see any silver linings right now but there is one, Milan are not out of the Scudetto race. And while participation in the EL would help Milan’s coefficient points they would be better off without the distraction of the EL to help them focus on Serie A.

Milan need to make some immediate decisions that will be crucial to amending the teams morale, how they are being directed and managed. I have had my doubts with everything that happened from the beginning of the summer but I never expected it to collapse so early. I really hoped the outcome would be very different.

I still hold a fraction of hope that Serie A and even CL progession are not forgone conclusions there is time but only if Milan act and quickly.

voom

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Serious club will show the door to incompetent and weak coach ,but not at Milan, because menagement and president are the same. How to let go few milions for compensation! Now you lose tenths of millions because of no CL. Brilliant minds indeed. And what about medical staff and their methods 😄. This club is going down.

Cloren

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roger Federer is the GOAT
Gerry can get fucked for allowing Pioli in this club still

CDarius

Milan Icon
Reaction score

I cant understand what happend that night. And the nights after "that night".
I still remember us being from against Salernitana playing pretty great after the WC and me thinking we can still catch up with Napoli and we also go to Last 16 in CL.
Then next week came ..comfortable 2-0 up against Roma... and that 86th minute came. What is happening since that 86th minute v Roma is ....i cant even find the right words.

WHAT HAPPEND?

Forza1

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fire him now. And then what? Who is going to replace him tomorrow?

Tudor? Motta? Will Bologna let him go if we ask them nicely?

I'm not against it, but I can't think of an available coach who would proof "their ambition" tbh.
I don't have a opinion of Motta becoming new coach but if we pay he's contract out then Bologna has nothing to say about it. Thats not happening though

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
Theo with France is the best LB in the world and an undisputed starter for them. And this is under Deschamps who was deliberately ignoring him for years. Give this team a real coach and you will see huge difference in 2 weeks.
We need a coach who knows how to identify and utilize the players strengths .. so in the case of Theo, his strength is to drive forward so physically he needs to be very fit and tactically he cannot receive the ball near the touchline with many defenders in front of him , instead the ball should be rotated through the midfield to draw the opponents away from him, before braking off on the wings where he can do damage while they try to regroup.

We have many players who play random football.. and there are some players who have no realized their full potential like Leao, imagine how much better he can be if he starts to drift inside or to run behind defenders instead of always receiving ball to foot... these are things that the coach must address otherwise whats the point of him if there is no added value?

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score

I cant understand what happend that night. And the nights after "that night".
I still remember us being from against Salernitana playing pretty great after the WC and me thinking we can still catch up with Napoli and we also go to Last 16 in CL.
Then next week came ..comfortable 2-0 up against Roma... and that 86th minute came. What is happening since that 86th minute v Roma is ....i cant even find the right words.

WHAT HAPPEND?

It is all Aster Vranckx's fault :mad:

IL-Capitano

Legenda di AC Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
too many great players to list but if pushed all time favorite player: Maldini
We need a coach who knows how to identify and utilize the players strengths .. so in the case of Theo, his strength is to drive forward so physically he needs to be very fit and tactically he cannot receive the ball near the touchline with many defenders in front of him , instead the ball should be rotated through the midfield to draw the opponents away from him, before braking off on the wings where he can do damage while they try to regroup.

We have many players who play random football.. and there are some players who have no realized their full potential like Leao, imagine how much better he can be if he starts to drift inside or to run behind defenders instead of always receiving ball to foot... these are things that the coach must address otherwise whats the point of him if there is no added value?
The morale and effectiveness of most of Milan’s current squad would greatly improve if their manager is not fixated with his tactical approach.

Can actually see and devise alternative tactics to best use the different skills - attribute's different players can offer the team. And of course a fitness and medical team who actually help maintain players fitness not hinder it.

Had this been the attitude from Pioli, his fitness team and the medical team from the beginning there would have been a consistency in team rotation,fitness, morale and tactical awareness. Milan would definitely be in a very different place than they find themselves currently.

ACM14061988

Milan Icon
Reaction score
On Radio Rossonera they say that since March they heard that Redbird wanted to keep Pioli here for this year regardless of how last serie A would have ended because Redbird believed that the mercato was pure shit and Pioli could not do anything more with Dest, Origi CDK and all those fodders

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score

My thoughts exactly. Players like Maignan, Theo, Tomori, Thiaw, Bennacer, Reijnders, Musah, RLC, Leao, Pulisic and Giroud (plus Chukwueze, Adli, Calabria in the maybe section) have the quality to perform at the highest stage week in and week out, but their development is suffocated by the fact that their coach is a literal re-tard who presses PSG in their box in Paris. How stupid do you have to be???

Give this team a proper coach and a 2-3 quality additions and they will trash everybody in Italy and be a regular in the quarters/semis of CL.

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score
On Radio Rossonera they say that since March they heard that Redbird wanted to keep Pioli here for this year regardless of how last serie A would have ended because Redbird believed that the mercato was pure shit and Pioli could not do anything more with Dest, Origi CDK and all those fodders
I plan to listen to the Radio Rossonera podcast during my commute to work today.

Bringfriends

Primavera
Reaction score
Get a new coach soon.
Lets say the season is over from trophy point of view. I believe we still going to manage to secure top 4.
The new coach will have half a season to see the players and decide who fits his tactics and what he needs from the mercato.
And we can start next season on full speed and not waiting for staff/players to adjust to the new coach/tactics.