The Rumour Commode XLIV: Paragliding to Piolistine Crisis

Rigore to save your life: choose your player

• Total voters

Nalim

Banned
Reaction score
Guys, Carlo isn’t it.
I know he’s our last great coach but the guy is a cherry on top type of manager. He’s not good when his teams aren’t stacked with world beaters. We saw what happened at Napoli.
He’d probably do better than Pioli tbf as he’s more adaptable and less stubborn but he’s not what we need at this time with this squad.

If we had a team capable of challenging for the CL, then sure let’s give Carlo a go. But contrary to what some posters will have you believe, this squad just isn’t there. Far from it actually.

We need someone who can build us up from the ground. Someone who’ll create a style, a philosophy and a foundation.
Someone who suits the project as a whole.
Whether you like it or not our owners are building the squad organically and sustainably through a moneyball approach or something similar to that.
With moneyball there are no guarantees whether your players will succeed or not. The only guarantee is that we’ll never (or for the foreseeable future at least) have
Man City level players across the pitch. Which means we need someone who’s capable of creating a team that’s bigger than the sum of it’s parts and for all the things Carlo’s good at, that just isn’t one of them.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
When Milan finished second and then followed that with a Scudetto Pioli demonstrated more tactical intelligence, greater adaptability and was less stubborn tactically. After the Scudetto win something changed maybe Scudetto 19 went to his head ?
Or maybe the premises is false. Even during Scudetto season and the season before that we had games where we basically were ISO ball. When people complained they were told to shut up we just made history and that their brands were going to be ruined next season.

Also, there were many factors. Leao was still a "new weapon" like Kvara last season, Ibra was still productive both on the field and off the field instead of a meme character just posting cringy motivational quotes. We had a midfield familiar with eachother (still haven't replaced them btw).

When you think singular things like "Scudetto 19 went to his head so he completely lost it", that means if we replace Pioli then all of the other factors are gone. I can all but guarantee they won't be.

IL-Capitano

Legenda di AC Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
too many great players to list but if pushed all time favorite player: Maldini
Once Gerry gets the stadium done I want him out
I have suspicion that is Gerry’s plan, get the stadium and sell to the highest bidder. If he wants to get high bids he needs to resolve the sporting side assign a capable coach a preserve Milan’s credibility.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
With Pioli there is no smaller damage possible because he keeps on injuring the players.

Pioli turned the Flag of Milan into the international Red Cross
There is absolutely no proof that Pioli is at fault for the injuries and if management had any they would have acted on it. As it is these injuries have been a part of Milan for over 10 years have been there before Pioli and will probably also be there after Pioli unless some proper root cause is found. Intense football can increase injuries a little bit but not to this extend and Montella is surely not high intensity and had similar series of injuries.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Guys, Carlo isn’t it.
I know he’s our last great coach but the guy is a cherry on top type of manager. He’s not good when his teams aren’t stacked with world beaters. We saw what happened at Napoli.
He’d probably do better than Pioli tbf as he’s more adaptable and less stubborn but he’s not what we need at this time with this squad.

If we had a team capable of challenging for the CL, then sure let’s give Carlo a go. But contrary to what some posters will have you believe, this squad just isn’t there. Far from it actually.

We need someone who can build us up from the ground. Someone who’ll create a style, a philosophy and a foundation.

Whether you like it or not our owners are building the squad organically and sustainably through a moneyball approach or something similar to that.
With moneyball there are no guarantees whether your players will succeed or not. The only guarantee is that we’ll never (or for the foreseeable future at least) have
Man City level players across the pitch. Which means we need someone who’s capable of creating a team that’s bigger than the sum of it’s parts and for all the things Carlo’s good at, that just isn’t one of them.
Preach.

We don't want another stop-gap like Pioli mid season and then just look at his slight improvements as reasons enough to extend them (did this with Gattuso AND Pioli, so it isn't like this problem is exclusive to previous shitty managements).

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
There is absolutely no proof that Pioli is at fault for the injuries and if management had any they would have acted on it. As it is these injuries have been a part of Milan for over 10 years have been there before Pioli and will probably also be there after Pioli unless some proper root cause is found. Intense football can increase injuries a little bit but not to this extend and Montella is surely not high intensity and had similar series of injuries.
To be fair, to appease the fans we at least fired that funny looking dude that was the medical staff under Montella.

Don't remember if things actually improved, but at least they "did something". Which is what fans are asking for now and I think that much is reasonable.

omer486

Milan Legend
Reaction score

What are the number of injuries per season before Pioli and with Pioli? Are you saying the injury numbers are almost the same?

IL-Capitano

Legenda di AC Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Or maybe the premises is false. Even during Scudetto season and the season before that we had games where we basically were ISO ball. When people complained they were told to shut up we just made history and that their brands were going to be ruined next season.

Also, there were many factors. Leao was still a "new weapon" like Kvara last season, Ibra was still productive both on the field and off the field instead of a meme character just posting cringy motivational quotes. We had a midfield familiar with eachother (still haven't replaced them btw).

When you think singular things like "Scudetto 19 went to his head so he completely lost it", that means if we replace Pioli then all of the other factors are gone. I can all but guarantee they won't be.
Even when Pioli was doing well with Milan there were issues. In football there always will be that is inevitable. There will always be a grey area where situations can go either way. When different circumstances play a significant role in the outcomes. Out of the control of the people involved.

Last edited:

Pigeon

CR7 of CEO's
Reaction score
Fav. Players
gaetano f. intrieri
Guys, Carlo isn’t it.

carlo managing this current milan:

1701267940720.png

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
What are the number of injuries per season before Pioli and with Pioli? Are you saying the injury numbers are almost the same?
We had injury crisis years since 2010/11

Here an article about Montella era, you can also look up injury records on transfermarkt, but generally they are difficult stats to find.

Edit: So if people would claim that Pioli's style leads to some more injuries, sure that's entirely believable, but with that history him being the root cause is highly unlikely.

IL-Capitano

Legenda di AC Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
You are dreaming that he leaves RM just to be an interim here :lol:

We should just sabotage his brazil nt deal.. its very plausible
Of course 😁 I’m not suggesting it would happen. A coach of his mindset would help though. I doubt he would pass up Brazil either. Milan will have to look elsewhere.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Even when Pioli was doing well with Milan there were issues. In football there always be that is inevitable. There will always be a grey area where situations can either way. When different circumstances play a significant role in the outcomes. Out of the control of the people involved.
Well then there's no sense in replacing them, especially when we are currently not in that desperate scenario where we have to make that call yet.

Wait until next summer so at least we have a bigger candidate pool to choose from.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score

That's the best overview of injuries I know, still a pain in the ass to navigate. But imo we are dealing with a very old problem here, that's why I´d like us to try to train somewhere else and stuff like that.

omer486

Milan Legend
Reaction score
We had injury crisis years since 2010/11

Here an article about Montella era, you can also look up injury records on transfermarkt, but generally they are difficult stats to find.

Edit: So if people would claim that Pioli's style leads to some more injuries, sure that's entirely believable, but with that history him being the root cause is highly unlikely.

It's difficult to compare without proper numbers. I mean lets say even if Thiaw didn't get injured yesterday and Pellegrino also wasn't injured the current situation would be still be considered an injury crisis. You can have less bad injury crisis and really horrible injury crisis like now where there is only one healthy CD available!

IL-Capitano

Legenda di AC Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Well then there's no sense in replacing them, especially when we are currently not in that desperate scenario where we have to make that call yet.

Wait until next summer so at least we have a bigger candidate pool to choose from.
He won’t be going anywhere until the summer. But he needs to get over himself or better yet help himself by fixing the mess he has created.
When he is sacked and it will happen he will need to work again but not for Milan. This is Pioli’s last season at Milan and he knows it.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Come on.

iamditi

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Oke fine let Pioli stay until the end of the season but at least fix the injury problem come on do something Berlusconi 2.0

Germans have no mercy i think they will play for the first place, if they see they can win instead they destroy you..Bayern destroyed Johan Cruyff farewell match by wining 8-0 🤣. They will win but i dont know about us.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score

That's the best overview of injuries I know, still a pain in the ass to navigate. But imo we are dealing with a very old problem here, that's why I´d like us to try to train somewhere else and stuff like that.
From this graphic, only Conti and MRauri had lengthy injury stints.

Though if you look at Kessie with his replacements we have, you can make the case to say why we have more injuries

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
It's difficult to compare without proper numbers. I mean lets say even if Thiaw didn't get injured yesterday and Pellegrino also wasn't injured the current situation would be still be considered an injury crisis. You can have less bad injury crisis and really horrible injury crisis like now where there is only one healthy CD available!
True, but It is definitely not the first horrible injury crisis either. The best numbers I know are the transfermarkt numbers I posted above, these stats are surprisingly hard to find. Ultimately if the problem persist between very different coaches and athletic coaches it just speaks strongly against being primarily a coach problem.