The Rumour Commode XLIV: Paragliding to Piolistine Crisis

Rigore to save your life: choose your player

• Total voters

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score
Don't think a staff change will make a difference. These are Pioli's guys and they train the way he wants

That means in training they are sprinting constantly for pressing schemes and counterattacks. This is how Pioli wants to play and this is how they train, nothing will change

I do wonder at what point does ownership/management say enough is enough and the damage to assets worth 10s of million is enough
I meant Pioli+staff change. It has to be a package deal.

Agree. I think even ownership has been taken aback by the scale of the carnage.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
lol is that the new narrative?

but I dunno I figure all these meetings with Pioli and management/ownership, exploring the possibility of signing Motta, and failing of a core goal for the season aren't doing good for that relationship

I'd like to think having the 2nd best team in the group and finishing last is frankly inexcusable but what do I know
Which narrative? There's plenty.

Do you think we can bring him in mid-season?

sheva

suso's dog
Reaction score
Would you say he’s good with youth?
For his Ajax stint, sure
For united, other than rashford and the garnacho, not so much

However the situation at united is such a mess that who knows, Paolo would need an open cheque and free reign to salvage what he can from this club

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I just realized that Napoli changed their coach from Rudi Garcia to good old Walter Mazzari (love him).

I just wonder why is it so easy for a club like Napoli to change coaches this way and why is it such a drama for us?
Mazzarri's deal is only through the end of this season as well. I don't know why it's so hard for Milan to find any schmuck for the rest of the season and just start over in the summer with a new manager.

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
Inter getting dunked on by benefica with a joao Mario hattrick 😂

A comedy since 1908

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Which narrative? There's plenty.

Do you think we can bring him in mid-season?
That he's not fired because redshit loves him

I don't know the contract situation but I think he's as good a choice as any if they don't go for a big name

I think you can answer your own question. Motta can't manage 2 Serie A clubs in the same season.
damn

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
Mine isn’t optimism. It’s actually trying to give Pioli some semblance of a dignified exit. I have seething contempt for him, and that’s a shame. It didn’t have to be like this had ownership done a proper root and branch change in the summer.
You Said it all.
Unfortunately that turn (dignified separation) is long gone.
I said last summer, That decision would be bad for everybody, especially him.
He could have hidden behind that fallacious excuse of “they didn’t get him players” to get himself another decent or even top job.
Now he showed his whole ass.

There will be damage to Milan that’ll last a few season…but much longer for him.
After Milan, he will have def to go much lower…and since he’s simply not that good, he probably won’t come back up to managing any important club.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
That he's not fired because redshit loves him

I don't know the contract situation but I think he's as good a choice as any if they don't go for a big name
I mean, if this summer's very public backing and promotion while firing Maldini and publicly blaming Maldini for Pioli's results last season wasn't enough, it seems reports have underlined that they have faith in him despite him repaying their faith by making them look like morons... so I guess they are trying to walk back their stupid choice this summer.

They're trying to filter out that they are holding back because there aren't options better than Pioli who would take the job at this point or on an interim, while before this (as you know) that Motta seems to be their choice which they seemed to float to the press.

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I mean, if this summer's very public backing and promotion while firing Maldini and publicly blaming Maldini for Pioli's results last season wasn't enough, it seems reports have underlined that they have faith in him despite him repaying their faith by making them look like morons... so I guess they are trying to walk back their stupid choice this summer.

They're trying to filter out that they are holding back because there aren't options better than Pioli who would take the job at this point or on an interim, while before this (as you know) that Motta seems to be their choice which they seemed to float to the press.
Well I don't really know what the point would be in saying his job is on the line. They should back him until it's decided he's fired

but confrontations with ownership and management at every bump aren't coincidental

The issue is most respectable managers won't abandon their clubs midseason and not being able to sign a Serie A manager makes the task even tougher

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Goretzka bossing at cb, krunic could never
Krunic has been a great role player for this squad, unfortunately it's either him or Simic who will be playing CB Saturday. Let's hope he can do a job there.

AC_Wesley

¡YA BASTA!
Staff member
Reaction score
their ex-fodder stylin on em:proud:

giphy.gif

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Well I don't really know what the point would be in saying his job is on the line. They should back him until it's decided he's fired

but confrontations with ownership and management at every bump aren't coincidental

The issue is most respectable managers won't abandon their clubs midseason and not being able to sign a Serie A manager makes the task even tougher
I think the other issue is most managers aren't willing to take an interim role and I think Tudor wanted an 18 month contract from Napoli, which is why they went to Mazzari.

I don't think Pioli should be fired unless their long term choice can join.

If they could fire Pioli and bring in Motta, it would seem like the budget version of Chelsea and Potter, to me.

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think the other issue is most managers aren't willing to take an interim role and I think Tudor wanted an 18 month contract from Napoli, which is why they went to Mazzari.

If they could fire Pioli and bring in Motta, it would seem like the budget version of Chelsea and Potter, to me.
If you keep Pioli you are accepting him damaging more players and hampering their career going forward. Because that will never improve. But seeing as they'll be out of CL and EL most likely maybe it's acceptable

I disagree, I think Motta is the best coach in Italy. He would be an upgrade and the best hire in ages. Also friends with Ibra iirc maybe that plays a factor

stevan

Milan Legend
Reaction score

I don't get why people still think this club will go after a big name manager? This club, with it's current ownership, will never be spending the money that big name managers want. Never.

Coaches like Pioli is what we will continue to get.

IL-Capitano

Legenda di AC Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
too many great players to list but if pushed all time favorite player: Maldini

Agreed a temp is not ideal. Pioli has an opportunity even if he doesn’t deserve it to line up a possible new club by showing he could be useful to a club with lesser expectations.

Milan get to line up the right candidates to take over and take Milan to the level of play this squad could be playing at. It is not an ideal scenario any way you look at it but probably the most sensible option given the circumstances.