The Rumour Commode XLIV: Paragliding to Piolistine Crisis

Rigore to save your life: choose your player

• Total voters

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Didn´t Messias and CDK fall under efforts to fix RW?
CDK was signed as effort to fix CAM :lol: If he was signed as effort to fix multiple positions then he was a "market opportunity" and not really effort to fix any.

Messias: let's be serious, especially when your other RW is Salad and you expect deep finishes in the CL to build experience for the eventual domination tour.

sheva

suso's dog
Reaction score
i fail to see why ac milan isn't a prime destination for players when you can have months of paid vacation- and it's even encouraged by your boss

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
CDK was signed as effort to fix CAM :lol: If he was signed as effort to fix multiple positions then he was a "market opportunity" and not really effort to fix any.

Messias: let's be serious, especially when your other RW is Salad and you expect deep finishes in the CL to build experience for the eventual domination tour.
Messias was what we could afford if I remember correctly. True about CDK :lol::fp:, but I think he was most focused on RW at least for the first months.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
But we have Moncada, isnt he the best on his job? Let him find another Enzo.

Krunic is leaving in January, i hope they get a player for DM role.
It seems like the DM market is getting pretty inflated, but... at the same time I'm confused as to how we don't even have like... a back-up quality DM? As I say that, though, to be fair, Krunic is a very good quality backup player, for multiple roles.

I have been increasingly harsh on Krunic, as he has turned from utility man to starter (and demanding around 3.5m in wages), but he's that level of player. So why spend on a backup DM when you already have one in Krunic?

One thing I wish we could have tried out is to see Malick Thiaw at DM in front of Kalulu and Tomori. That experiment, unfortunately, won't be possible for a while, but I've always wanted to see Thiaw play there.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Messias was what we could afford if I remember correctly.
That would be just making sure we had 2 RWs and not really “fixing the position”
True about CDK :lol::fp:, but I think he was most focused on RW at least for the first months.
I don’t know if that’s possible.

I distinctly remember a certain someone here clutching all sorts of straws (but his coach said) about how CdK should have gotten a chance as RW.

Caladan

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka, Pato,
It seems like the DM market is getting pretty inflated, but... at the same time I'm confused as to how we don't even have like... a back-up quality DM? As I say that, though, to be fair, Krunic is a very good quality backup player, for multiple roles.

I have been increasingly harsh on Krunic, as he has turned from utility man to starter (and demanding around 3.5m in wages), but he's that level of player. So why spend on a backup DM when you already have one in Krunic?

One thing I wish we could have tried out is to see Malick Thiaw at DM in front of Kalulu and Tomori. That experiment, unfortunately, won't be possible for a while, but I've always wanted to see Thiaw play there.
Krunic is not DM.

sheva

suso's dog
Reaction score

italian legend? check
treated unfairly abroad? check
not a serie a coach so he can coach us midseason? check

welcome, fabio

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Krunic is not DM.
He isn't, but I think Krunic does a good job as a backup DM. Bennacer is on the way back to health, and it looks like he'll be used as our CDM? At least, I assume so.

I think based on that calculation, not investing in a DM over the summer made sense. They probably thought: "we'll rely on Krunic until Bennacer comes back, we should put our resources into other areas."

It seems like Moncada wanted to sell Krunic but Pioli wanted to keep him, but we heard from management, ownership, and from reports to journalists that Pioli was being given a bigger role. A more "English manager" I believe was the term used throughout the summer.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score

italian legend? check
treated unfairly abroad? check
not a serie a coach so he can coach us midseason? check

welcome, fabio
Took a contract to get his ass kicked by the fans then gets sacked. :lol:

Swagotelli

Supah Leagah!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Nesta, Pirlo, Seedorf, Kaka, Inzaghi, Maldini, Gattuso
The problem is the contract we signed with him till 2025. Unless Pioli finds another job immediately, we're going to have to continue paying his wages all the way until then.
Firstly 2025 is one and a half season away. Do you expect a manager to always be 6 months away from end of contract just in case they need to be fired?

Second, no need to pay if someone else can hire him. If we had sacked along with Garcia, Napoli could have picked him up.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The problem is the contract we signed with him till 2025. Unless Pioli finds another job immediately, we're going to have to continue paying his wages all the way until then.
The longer they wait to sack him, the more likely it is he'll not have a new gig for next season & you'll have to pay him. Clubs start planning months in advance.

ACM14061988

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Legal proceedings continue against Inter president Steven Zhang over the 300 million unpaid debt to China Construction Bank (Asia) Corporation (CCBA). In particular, after the recent postponement of the hearing in Hong Kong, a new hearing took place yesterday in Milano.

In particular, it was the turn of the Court of Milano, whose Court of Appeal had scheduled a new hearing after the request from the banking institutions to proceed with the enforcement action of the sentence, with the request for recognition of the sentence also in Italy. If the Hong Kong ruling were also recognized in Italy, the creditor Chinese banking institutions would have the green light to get their hands on any asset present in our country that can be traced back to the president of Inter

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Firstly 2025 is one and a half season away. Do you expect a manager to always be 6 months away from end of contract just in case they need to be fired?

Second, no need to pay if someone else can hire him. If we had sacked along with Garcia, Napoli could have picked him up.
I thought someone cited a rule against that scenario happening in Italy

sheva

suso's dog
Reaction score
16777324890914.jpg

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Legal proceedings continue against Inter president Steven Zhang over the 300 million unpaid debt to China Construction Bank (Asia) Corporation (CCBA). In particular, after the recent postponement of the hearing in Hong Kong, a new hearing took place yesterday in Milano.

In particular, it was the turn of the Court of Milano, whose Court of Appeal had scheduled a new hearing after the request from the banking institutions to proceed with the enforcement action of the sentence, with the request for recognition of the sentence also in Italy. If the Hong Kong ruling were also recognized in Italy, the creditor Chinese banking institutions would have the green light to get their hands on any asset present in our country that can be traced back to the president of Inter
Sounds like nothing to worry about.

IL-Capitano

Legenda di AC Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
too many great players to list but if pushed all time favorite player: Maldini
Krunic is not DM.
Krunic is a utility player who has been used as a makeshift DM he never was and never will be a DM.
He isn't, but I think Krunic does a good job as a backup DM. Bennacer is on the way back to health, and it looks like he'll be used as our CDM? At least, I assume so.

I think based on that calculation, not investing in a DM over the summer made sense. They probably thought: "we'll rely on Krunic until Bennacer comes back, we should put our resources into other areas."

It seems like Moncada wanted to sell Krunic but Pioli wanted to keep him, but we heard from management, ownership, and from reports to journalists that Pioli was being given a bigger role. A more "English manager" I believe was the term used throughout the summer.
Krunic would definitely have been sold but for Pioli. Bennacer is better suited to CDM and his return is welcome I just hope Pioli doesn’t break him within a week of his return from injury.

He should be brought on as a sub for shorter spells until he is actually match fit. Otherwise his injury will flare up again. I hope he comes back in the right frame of mind and helps lift the team from its current lull.

If krunic does go in January and Milan buy in a replacement make it an actual DM who knows how to play the role and understands how to protect the defence and break up counter attacks.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
[...]

All I can hope for is we grind out wins between now and Christmas, then our overlords parachute us some goodies in a Hunger Games style from our sponsors... A new striker and defender please.

[...]

Excellent reference. Are you a fan of the franchise? Now I get why you always post Katniss' gifs :lol:

Suma said financially for Redbird is not the end of the world to go home at the group stage, the real tragedy would be to finish out of the top 4. He also said at Milan they know too well why Gazzetta is pushing forward the loss of earnings for the Club World Cup because he said soon another club will have to deal with their accounting and as always they have to look on par with us

Against Frosinone we may see Camarda again in the 2nd half.

Since Giroud is still suspended, I'd be shocked if not.

Caladan

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka, Pato,
Top 4 is not a sign of a lack of ambition. We had one chance to shortcut our way to the top which Mirabelli and the Chinese blew.
We won scudetto and we were top 4 in CL in last season.
Now top 4 after spending most money in serie A is disaster.
Scudetto or Redbird is shit.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie

Messias - delivery guy to Serie B was the answer for RW????

Dear Curu you have the patience of Job

Fusiproe12

Stadio Grande Silvio Berlusconi Milano
Reaction score
Did Calabria post a photo of a lion on Instagram stories for the 50th time saying that he doesn't care about criticism and that it makes him stronger?

Deep Fried Pizza & Chips

Probably Maldini's fault
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gullit, Savićevićic, Baresi, Rikjaard, Pippo, Desailly
Excellent reference. Are you a fan of the franchise? Now I get why you always post Katniss' gifs :lol:
I am a fan, and honestly believe society is going the way of Hunger Games, minus the Trubutes lol... For now.

We all live in places where there are those thay have and those that don't, we're honestly living in pretty dystopian times already.

The Running Man movie was a crazy idea years ago, watch the UFC and WWE merge into something like Running Man haha.

But back to the reference, our season could legitimately be saved by a "sponsored" striker lol, no joke... It's yet to be seen if Gerry wants to be that guy?!

Last edited:

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
I think Kjaer is boycotting Pioli. They turned round his type of injury like 8 times. Still not fit. He's also boycotting the way we play that doesn't suit him at all. Or Calabria for that matter. Or Thiaw.

Basically our bald genius plays football his cb's can't play! Only Fik can!

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
Kjaer had an injury, he is struggling because it caused irritation which limits him in running. The problem has been identified and action is being taken to remove the discomfort that prevents him from working at certain intensities. It is very difficult for him to recover by Saturday, we are working for Atalanta.

Bennacer: works with the team, he is recovered. The coach will decide tomorrow whether to bring him to the bench.

Leao will have an MRI at the beginning of the week to see if the injury has healed. With the green light, a re-athleticisation work will be set up and then added to the team.

Thiaw: in ten days he will undergo a new MRI which will allow for more details on the extent of the injury and the therapeutic approach.

Okafor: continues his recovery program. He could start running on the field next week. We are working from a Milan-Monza perspective.

Pellegrino and Sportiello: their recovery is progressing smoothly.
#smooth progress

Let's go