The Rumour Commode XLIV: Paragliding to Piolistine Crisis

Rigore to save your life: choose your player

• Total voters

Tantalis

Heyoka
Reaction score
Ah, yes, framing Furlani as some rat
Furlani is a rat. you can see him here planning his debauchery like the little golem he is.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Maldini has every right to speak his mind, especially after Scaroni and others spoke about him and the reasons he was fired. I have no issue with that, the only thing I think he really did wrong was speak publicly multiple times about internal issues while he was with the club - Blasting Gazidis after the Scudetto & calling for investment in the pre-CL interviews last season. In a corporate setting, you just don’t do that.

Cardinale comes across as a real cunt if he really made a joke about the CL loss to Inter, or any joke for that matter, when he was terminating Maldini and Massara. You don’t joke when you are terminating someone, especially when it’s someone like Maldini, and you don’t joke about something fucking soul crushing to that individual. If we are all devastated by that CL tie, and I still am FWIW, I can only imagine how Paolo fucking Maldini felt about it.

I still understand why Maldini was let go, and I think his mistakes were kind of starting to pile up - accumulating a lot of mediocre players, refusing to sell to finance the market (pay attention to what he said about Tonali), failing to extend some of our best players, AND in hindsight extending Pioli through 2025.

But

His interview coupled with the way things are currently going sure paints Cardinale and Furlani in a pretty bad picture. Scaroni was just confirmed as the loser and scumbag (don’t forget criminal) that he has always been.

Cloren

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roger Federer is the GOAT
it’s not anti Maldini to say he isn’t perfect and made a mistake

you kids and your all or nothing binary thinking

fucking world news level IQ

Making digs at ‘IQ’ lol, get off your high horse. As if you can talk.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
it’s not anti Maldini to say he isn’t perfect and made a mistake

you kids and your all or nothing binary thinking

fucking world news level IQ
Why you getting mad man? :lol:

It’s not like you are the one arguing a crazy point, relax take it easy

sheva

suso's dog
Reaction score
He has an allegiance with the fans, the players, and so many others at the club outside of just ownership/management

We cherish him because of his connection with the club which goes beyond certain factors

In no way do his words achieve anything other than making the situation worse and a self-perceived boosting of his stock when in reality he makes himself look even worse
allegiance to the fans? why didn't he join during the banter then, when we had a shit period and he could've maybe brought in technical experience and push for trophies?
he needs to look out for his next job and by saying that he should just 'shut up and dribble' when only one side was heard, that's very unfair to maldini, not even regarding his heritage.

maldini has, first and foremost, an allegiance to himself. why would he let media/fans/the football world dictate his tenure at Milan, when he could say his piece?

we cherish not because of his connection, we cherish him because what he brought to the club, silverware both as a player and a technical director. he failed during his last year, but fans criticizing him for voicing discontent with how he was treated, given his connection as you said, should treat him with slightly more open ears than if gazidis were to publicly shit on ownership.

i understand why it makes him look petty, but if you were being treated in a manner that seems insulting to you, not even considering the fact that you're a legend at that place, would you just take it?
it's football, not a legal law firm. you're likely to get hired on your next position just based on the perception of you.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
allegiance to the fans? why didn't he join during the banter then, when we had a shit period and he could've maybe brought in technical experience and push for trophies?
he needs to look out for his next job and by saying that he should just 'shut up and dribble' when only one side was heard, that's very unfair to maldini, not even regarding his heritage.

maldini has, first and foremost, an allegiance to himself. why would he let media/fans/the football world dictate his tenure at Milan, when he could say his piece?

we cherish not because of his connection, we cherish him because what he brought to the club, silverware both as a player and a technical director. he failed during his last year, but criticizing him for voicing discontent with how he was treated, I see no fault in that and given his connection, as you said, fans should treat him with slightly more open ears than if gazidis were to publicly shit on ownership.

i understand why it makes him look petty, but if you were being treated in a manner that seems insulting to you, not even considering the fact that you're a legend at that place, would you just take it?
100% I wouldn’t.

But my love for Milan isn’t unconditional and I don’t claim it is. As a matter of fact looking out for his next job is directly in conflict with “unconditional love for the club”.

We agree otherwise but just wanted to point that out

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
I don't know how you can be a Milan fan and be "anti-Maldini" but believe whatever you want

I just find this particular action to be selfish but I guess the veil comes off when the relationship is broken
Some of you seem to have a blind spot on the man
This is the guy that held it against the Curva for years, the guy who said he would never work with Galliani. The guy who came out after winning the title to blast ownership and set down the challenge to raise the stakes now to go for CL.

It was only obvious he was going to do this.

Summer when people are reading mercato news and thirsty for gossips
Then if the team gets off to a bad start he is blamed for putting the cloud over the club and not giving them a fair chance to move on.

He couldve also been like some of us and thought, OK maybe I was wrong in my approach, lets see if they actually do better - then when things go south all of your worst fears come back and the 'I told you so' is just eager to get out. The best time may have been at the end of this season so no matter what you have given the team a fair chance but only super reserved person like you Curu could make that call.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Probably most of it.
But in general, im surprised how you trust "them" more than you trust Maldini from the interviews. Even if youi dont read anything or dont know anything, going by the pure logic. One side has a unique, one of a kind player and person, other side has everything yet to prove. So far they didnt prove anything at all, going lower and lower.
From personal feeling, i do think they want good to Milan, but i am afraid they lack competence and knowledge
I’m not trusting any words from either party. I’m just looking at the facts.

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
I agree.

I have my view point and you have yours.

I think Maldini was right to say what he said and you think he was wrong. And that’s fair enough.
People having a ‘right‘ to say something doesn’t make it a wise decision to do so…

thats my point

Cloren

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People having a ‘right‘ to say something doesn’t make it a wise decision to do so…

thats my point

I understand this point

but the urge to say something after being criticised by the president and media after his firing is pretty strong.

Sheva shared some articles on it just now and I’ve read them all when it happened, some things said about him, especially by Scaroni wasn’t exactly nice. And then the official website posted a one liner when he got fired in the official announcement and not even on social media but on the website.

That’s why to me, it seems ok for him to defend himself or call them out.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
. The best time may have been at the end of this season so no matter what you have given the team a fair chance but only super reserved person like you Curu could make that call.
All I’m saying is there’s some level of malice and “throwing the board games on the ground so noone else can play” to this and not some random time like the laughable excuse to “clear his head”.

I don’t know what the absolute best time for him to do this is. Cloren already guessed it right saying I think is best not to say anything at all

LemonCookies

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Timing is terrible. He'd be singing a different tune if we were top of the table and playing well, injury-free, and so on. He likely wouldn't have even done an interview if this were the case.

Cloren

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players

we cherish not because of his connection, we cherish him because what he brought to the club, silverware both as a player and a technical director. he failed during his last year, but fans criticizing him for voicing discontent with how he was treated, given his connection as you said, should treat him with slightly more open ears than if gazidis were to publicly shit on ownership.

it's football, not a legal law firm. you're likely to get hired on your next position just based on the perception of you.

I always find this perception or entitlement from fans to expect players, coaches or other people, to put the club above themselves to be so bizarre.

Would you put the company above yourself and your needs? It’s the same thing here.

Always look out of yourself more.

jawz10

Milinkovic Savage
Reaction score
Regarding this season, it's been a perfect storm of issues, and anyone who thinks it's all down to the sinister trio cabal of Pioli, Furlani, and Cardinale are hopelessly reductionist and simple-minded folks. Unfortunately, nobody seems very willing to put blame at everyone's feet, because it's everyone's fault that the post-scudetto years have been so inconsistent.
Pioli is out of his depth, is unable to motivate his players any longer, and has used a tactic that we were never well-suited for (high-pressing) for 4 years now. So much so that all of our players are getting the exact same injuries. Our top players have either stagnated or fallen out with him. Furlani and Cardinale wanted to run the Mercato with Moncada having a greater say in players but also with more emphasis on data-driven models. Getting rid of Maldini was a prerequisite for this, so they executed their plan when it was convenient instead of right after winning the scudetto. Now we're seeing a team that's disjointed, unbalanced, and full of injuries. Our midfield is a sieve for counterattacks, built by yours truly Pioli, Moncada, Pioli. Our defense is two error-prone CB's with no true reinforcement. Our attack is still reliant on individual brilliance, and we simply added 1 or two more players with better individual attacking abilities. Still no instructions on when 1 player is going 1v1 where the other players should move to support, no work on the timing of the insertions and runs. Still depending on a 37-year-old in attack.

"Hopelessly reductionist"

I digress; the true sin was throwing away an already-proven project and the people who created it in order to start from scratch. So here we are, at square 1, with the same guy who's mostly responsible for our collapse last season and clearly coming to the end of his cycle having more power/responsibility. After bringing the club from mid-table finishes back to the Scudetto and a DEEP run in the CL, we had 1 bad season and used it as an excuse to remove the brains (Massara) and soul (Maldini), while losing the heart in the same window (Ibra). The hopelessly reductionist and simple-minded are RedBird. The project deserved investment and support. After this season of mediocrity I wonder who they'll blame and axe? Themselves?

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I always find this perception or entitlement from fans to expect players, coaches or other people, to put the club above themselves to be so bizarre.

Would you put the company above yourself and your needs? It’s the same thing here.

Always look out of yourself more.
So everyone can at least agree that this is about Maldini himself and not some twisted version where he did this out of his “love for the club” and “the way things are going”