The Rumour Commode XLIV: Paragliding to Piolistine Crisis

Rigore to save your life: choose your player

• Total voters

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
If Jovic continues playing well, we should wait on buying a striker. I'm not convinced of David, who seems to be our only target. Buy the Greek defender and move up early to get Miranda. If we were ballsy, which I doubt, I would also sell Adli and Krunic and bring in one starting DM. Perhaps we were going after the wrong Thuram brother.
Yeah it doesn't make sense to bring in a new CF in January if he can't play ahead of both Giroud or Jovic plus if Milan get eliminated from the CL, which looks likely, you don't need extra bodies. Address CF in the summer.

With Krunic likely to be sold and Bennacer heading to the AFCON, they made need to bring in 2 mids next month. Probably 2 CBs as well. You can't trust Kjaer at this point to stay healthy anymore and he should be sold in the summer.

It sounds like Miranda will be Theo's back up.

Ryo

Billy's Right Peg
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Billy, George, Marco, Paolo, Charles, Fik, Pierre, Mike & Rafa
Don't worry, they still have CDK. :ibralol:

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Yeah it doesn't make sense to bring in a new CF in January if he can't play ahead of both Giroud or Jovic plus if Milan get eliminated from the CL which looks likely. Address CF in the summer. With Krunic likely to be sold and Bennacer heading to the AFCON, they made need to bring in 2 mids next month. Probably 2 CBs as well. You can't trust Kjaer at this point to stay healthy anymore and he should be sold in the summer.
Recall Gabbia. Sign Dragusin.

Recall Brescianini. Sign Ramadani.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
According to what was explained today by Corriere della Sera, in the next few days Ibrahimovic will be officially appointed as Cardinale's consultant. It remains to be understood what its tasks will be, how and how much it will have an impact. Every detail should be clearer soon.

Ibra is the war time consigliere

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I was frustrated at him. Yes he was involved and energetic, but absolutely no end product...

[...]

That's true and that's absolutely what he has to work on. However, other than CDK, he doesn't let his head sink or get himself soaked in a dark mental hole where there's no escape but to change the club. At least not yet. Chuck never stoped trying. That's a quality I like about him and I liked seeing yesterday too. His attempts were mostly unsuccessfull, yes, but still, he's not a player who gives up. That's a huge difference between him and CDK, and it can make all the difference in the longterm. That's why I'm still hopeful.

Fusiproe12

Stadio Grande Silvio Berlusconi Milano
Reaction score
images

Nesta.gif

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score
Is it confirmed, or has Ben talked about for sure participating in AFCON?
Bennacer: “I want to rediscover my rhythm and then we’ll see if I’m ready. I will talk to the national team coach because I have had a significant injury, and if I’m not 100%, it’s better he take someone else.”

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Bennacer: “I want to rediscover my rhythm and then we’ll see if I’m ready. I will talk to the national team coach because I have had a significant injury, and if I’m not 100%, it’s better he take someone else.”
That's nice of him, but if I coached the Algerian national team I would've called him up if AFCON starts tomorrow.

LemonCookies

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I was looking for a relevant gif, but found this gem instead :lol:

beegees

I have Ph.D in Algorithm
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Francesco Acerbi, Bakaye Traore, Kevin Constant
damn bro this City vs Spurs

good game

beegees

I have Ph.D in Algorithm
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Francesco Acerbi, Bakaye Traore, Kevin Constant
I'm not a fan of "blue ticks", if you're not a star or talented, get a fucking job!

I actually hate social media, but enjoy the "community" of a forum for Milan fans.

I've said before that to me this place is like a pub; fun, social and opinionated... I'm opinionated but choose to put my face to my opinions. You are welcome to hide behind an avatar and login name, but I'd rather be me, celebrate and agonise, in an honest and transparent way... But that me me bro ✌️
ok, because I thought you were him

sheva

suso's dog
Reaction score
Not fully true - Reijnders just needs a new coach and Musah definitely looks a good buy, I think the best is still to come with both of them.

I agree though, this Pioli the mastermind of the mercato after Pioli the company yes man does seem a bit at odds
show-me-on-this-doll.jpg

show me on the doll what reindeer did yesterday- other than missing a sitter (again)
musah a good runner and stamina, but we're halfway into the season and it's still unclear what his actual role is. also he is very hotheaded

clearly with the coach in charge they aren't gonna excel, but the current ownership chose to stick with the coach, knowing full well that their assets might dwindle in value.
"pioli is a pivotal part of the market signings", like, how are rational milan fans supposed to believe that?
a coach that his whole trophy cabinet consists of a scudetto, to play a role in a 100m euro mercato.. like he's pep/klopp level, absurd.

the guy can't hack his way through proper team tactics against bottom serie a teams, so now he's aware of analytics and player assessment?

sheva

suso's dog
Reaction score
That Pioli was involved is open information. Edit: I also never claimed that he was the mastermind.
if you take everything an ownership (which btw specializes in sports marketing) says than more power to you... when they say pioli had a say in the market de facto had nothing to do with the players who were chosen.
there's no reason for rb to place faith in pioli's player assessment, especially when they're supposedly moneyballing
How was that not a massive success? Reijnders, RLC, Pulisic, Musah, Okafor all great signings. Even the flop-ish ones like Chuk and Jovic have contributed in some ways now and show signs. This summer mercato was great and will be even more important in the long run.
okafor great signing? sure buddy
chuk isn't flop-ish, he's a turd :lol: 25 million for a player that dribbles onto walls is something else
jovic I wouldn't say a flop since he's a dry loan de facto with low wages, and a stopgap

reindeer started out very promising but is still enrolled in the pioli school of calcio and is played at regista (?) at times, which underutilizing his abilities.
RLC bar the psg game and another one has not been anything stellar
musah is fine, still very green and very raw

pulisic has proved himself above his price tag, both in abilities in the field and leadership qualities, also is a great marketing tool

I'm happy you used your time machine to tell us that they're gonna be more important in the long run

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Jovic with a goal and assist I heard 😍

Someone tell me when leao is returning so i can watch some milan matches

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
if you take everything an ownership (which btw specializes in sports marketing) says than more power to you... when they say pioli had a say in the market de facto had nothing to do with the players who were chosen.
there's no reason for rb to place faith in pioli's player assessment, especially when they're supposedly moneyballing

okafor great signing? sure buddy
chuk isn't flop-ish, he's a turd :lol: 25 million for a player that dribbles onto walls is something else
jovic I wouldn't say a flop since he's a dry loan de facto with low wages, and a stopgap

reindeer started out very promising but is still enrolled in the pioli school of calcio and is played at regista (?) at times, which underutilizing his abilities.
RLC bar the psg game and another one has not been anything stellar
musah is fine, still very green and very raw

pulisic has proved himself above his price tag, both in abilities in the field and leadership qualities, also is a great marketing tool

I'm happy you used your time machine to tell us that they're gonna be more important in the long run
Actually it makes a ton of sense after Maldini left and they didn't replace him directly. It is completely normal to ask for the coaches opinion, most farmer clubs do that. Pioli's player judgment is also generally good.

sheva

suso's dog
Reaction score
Actually it makes a ton of sense after Maldini left and they didn't replace him directly. It is completely normal to ask for the coaches opinion, most farmer clubs do that.
maldini is seen as the focal point of last summer market's failure mainly because he wanted autonomy and say on everything. a smart management that took after him would want to compartmentalize and divide the blame should another shitty market will happen.
what has pioli did that warrant him a say on a 100m euro mercato?

for your 2nd point, in serie a usually it's the sd's job to dictate the market, and the coach receives the players in training.
again, pioli isn't a klopp/Ancelotti level coach to warrant him a say on the market.
Pioli's player judgment is also generally good.
i refer you to the last 100 pages here to see if pioli's judgement is generally good.
kalulu wouldn't have been played if not for the injury crisis, krunic is being played at first 11 despite not proving he's worth it consistently, adli is in the gulag for two years now despite we having 0% creativity in midfield, giroud is being played despite planting himself as a tree when okafor is available, thiaw would still be at milanello if it weren't for another injury crisis

Raghav

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Sheva, Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, R9, Dinho
Insane strike by Hakan. This guy fuckinh plays every min of every game every 3 days with great work rate v good passing and shooting and we let him fucking go coz we didn’t wanna pay 1mil more FFS

We paid 20ish mil for him - got him used to the league on our cost and then gave a finished product to to inter for free. LOLZ

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
According to what was explained today by Corriere della Sera, in the next few days Ibrahimovic will be officially appointed as Cardinale's consultant. It remains to be understood what its tasks will be, how and how much it will have an impact. Every detail should be clearer soon.

Ibra is the war time consigliere

Ibra is there to kick Cardinale across the head