The Rumour Commode XLIV: Paragliding to Piolistine Crisis

Rigore to save your life: choose your player

• Total voters

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
We have to see how Bennacer will combine with the new signings, I think he would actually profit from a mid of 3.

sheva

suso's dog
Reaction score
None of our midfielders are currently worth that much. He’ll definitely be able to do a job in that midfield.
Is Tonali worth 80+?
in Man City/Real I bet reindeer could be sold for such an amount, being a starter for Netherland NT and in the squad for every match.
great stats and potential.

if only he could shoot better than my grandma.

Cloren

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roger Federer is the GOAT
We have to see how Bennacer will combine with the new signings, I think he would actually profit from a mid of 3.

As a 8 sure. As a DM I’m not sure.

Double 6 could work though.

beegees

I have Ph.D in Algorithm
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Francesco Acerbi, Bakaye Traore, Kevin Constant
Is Tonali worth 80+?
in Man City/Real I bet reindeer could be sold for such an amount, being a starter for Netherland NT and in the squad for every match.

Player valuation is basically just a reference figure. In actual negotiations, no player sold for the exact "valuation" amount. It's all about the CEO/Director flexing their selling and negotiation game.

Take Caceido or Harry Maguire, for example, they weren't really worth their price. But their old club directors worked their magic during negotiations and scored some crazy deals.

For our case, I think we are in safe hands. Furlani is a legit businessman. He knows the art of negotiation and how to sell. Dont worry about our players valuations, Mr. Furlani will take care

Fabio

U mirin brah?
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Cafu, Ronaldinho, Pato, Dida, Gattuso, Balotelli, Borini, Honda, Saelemaekers
Why no one talking about Girouds goal vs Gibraltar?

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
Player valuation is basically just a reference figure. In actual negotiations, no player sold for the exact "valuation" amount. It's all about the CEO/Director flexing their selling and negotiation game.

Take Caceido or Harry Maguire, for example, they weren't really worth their price. But their old club directors worked their magic during negotiations and scored some crazy deals.

For our case, I think we are in safe hands. Furlani is a legit businessman. He knows the art of negotiation and how to sell. Dont worry about our players valuations, Mr. Furlani will take care
Nobody is flexing on Benny though - only RnB people who like to throw around WC and easily one of the best midfielders

50 million isnt that much and no big club has knocked on our door when many young high profile mids have been snatched up (some multiple times) the last two seasons.

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
we don’t want him betting on matches bro

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
Did you see girouds goal vs Gibraltar?

Swagotelli

Supah Leagah!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Nesta, Pirlo, Seedorf, Kaka, Inzaghi, Maldini, Gattuso
Christian Vieri , former player of Juve, Inter and Milan, was interviewed by Gazzetta dello Sport this morning and commented on what he thinks is the Rossoneri's problem: "Looking at it against PSG it seemed like the French had the problems.. But he's missing something up front: the weight of the goal is too much on Leao and Giroud, who is doing miracles after miracles after miracles. Inter and Juve have four strikers who can score, Milan don't."

Nalim

Banned
Reaction score
Is Tonali worth 80+?

I never saw anything extraordinary in Tonali and thought we struck a good deal at the time. Seen in the light of what other midfielders went for in the summer we might have been able to squeeze more out of Newcastle. Given what happened later it´s safe to say we came out on top of that deal.

From what they´ve shown in a Milan shirt I´d pick Isma over Tonali any day.

We´ve still seen far too little of Deers to suggest Real or City would pay 50m or more for him.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
True, but that was 15 years ago. This is current economic reality of Serie A and Milan
I'm a big Benny critic but (big) if they can stay reasonably healthy and share the defensive duties correctly it should be a very good unit, not world class but solid enough to play against most

nefremo

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
What our midfield misses (Bennacer back or not) is a long ranger passer. Everyone tends to play short. It would be nice if after a few short passes, we have someone to regularly hit a long diagonal to the wings from our own half. It usually takes us an extra pass or two to get to the wings, at which point they are often well covered or even doubled.

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
What our midfield misses (Bennacer back or not) is a long ranger passer. Everyone tends to play short. It would be nice if after a few short passes, we have someone to regularly hit a long diagonal to the wings from our own half. It usually takes us an extra pass or two to get to the wings, at which point they are often well covered or even doubled.
We have that in Adli maybe even Reijnders.
Even Bennacer, before Pioli decided to “improve” him, did more of that.

This what you want, a lot of us want … not the coach … we’re playing the way we’re playing BY DESIGN… not because we’re missing something.

If our midfielders start looking for passes that eat a lot of ground, where would that leave “dribbling in the middle”? 🤷‍♂️

Edit: Ironically, when he decides to have some “passing” as plan B when our Mids are smothered and can’t find space to dribble … it’s straight from Maignan to Giroud… as top as Maignan is when it comes to ball playing GKs, thats the most inefficient way to go about it.

Last edited:

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Long balls on the wings make more senses with an Allegri style approach. They don't really lead to good counter press opportunities and should be plan b or rather plan c only.

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
I see “Pogba” trending on my Twitter. Click and see all tweets speak of him as someone who retired.
It feels strange…yet normal.

La Chupacabra

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Rumours from France that Lille opened to sell us David January, given his bad form, he was benched recently, and fast declining price.
Remind me again, why do we need a "striker" that doesn't score?
Also Miranda is alegedly almost sure.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Rumours from France that Lille opened to sell us David January, given his bad form, he was benched recently, and fast declining price.
Remind me again, why do we need a "striker" that doesn't score?
Also Miranda is alegedly almost sure.
He is 23 and comes from 4 high scoring seasons. If we get him with a nice discount we can even put him on the wing.

We should clearly not overspend on him or ignore the red flags, but a bad season in his case is far less concerning then what Taremi is doing this season who is also reported as a target, is 31 and cannot score against the Portuguese league fodder teams. .

IL-Capitano

Legenda di AC Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
too many great players to list but if pushed all time favorite player: Maldini
Why should anything notable change? Pioli is still at the helm
True. I’m simply curious I’m not expecting Pioli to change his mentality anytime soon. But hopefully the players got to voice their opinion to management 🤞. Whether they will be heard is another matter entirely.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
A whole new commode? And 52 pages already?
Please tell me they fired pioli