The Rumour Commode XLIV: Paragliding to Piolistine Crisis

Rigore to save your life: choose your player

• Total voters

beegees

I have Ph.D in Algorithm
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Francesco Acerbi, Bakaye Traore, Kevin Constant
Thoughts on these comments by one of the Neville brothers...

Neville on the best manager in the world: "Jurgen Klopp. He works with a budget that is far less than Pep Guardiola."

"If you said to me which manager could I bring to Manchester United tomorrow, it'd be Jurgen Klopp."

"I think we've all been saying this from the start. Guardiola can get the best out of the best players. Klopp can transform someone into the best in the world."
wrong

best coach in the world is Stefano Pioli

1700679240881.png

Tantalis

Heyoka
Reaction score
People still cry about Tonali?
i%27m-not-okay-crying.gif

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic

Deep Fried Pizza & Chips

Probably Maldini's fault
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gullit, Savićevićic, Baresi, Rikjaard, Pippo, Desailly
I'm looking forward to seeing who we use next to fund moves as per Furlani's comments... But we're not a selling club right?

A thing to consider, if we don't make the CL we risk losing players anyways, when they ask to leave.

We're in a sticky position, I hope management know what they're doing and can steady things...

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Thinking of selling big names makes me sad. I was saddened by the Tonali sale, even though we made a very interesting window which I think we will reap the benefits of in the coming seasons. And of course the gambling scandal :lol:

It's understandable from a business perspective that one piece potentially can make three great pieces potentially, but it's also an issue of actually downgrading by selling off basically unique talents. I'm talking here of Theo, Mike and Leao. And even Fik, who's really been world class this season.

It makes sense, but it takes some of the joy out of it for my part. The players form a part of my identity as a fan, whether I like it or not. In particular the ones I'm most proud of having at Milan. Especially when we're not hegemonic. If we are the best in the world, changing stuff up is just fun. But we have too many ups and downs so far to jeopardize the quality of the first XI.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
geoffrey will upgrade him with some rando from netherlands for 20m while RnB spends the whole summer crying about it
Oh how we quickly forget

The other side of the coin is sending away two dimwitted RW for the disappearing Nigerian transfer centerpiece

Pigeon

CR7 of CEO's
Reaction score
Fav. Players
gaetano f. intrieri
Oh how we quickly forget

The other side of the coin is sending away two dimwitted RW for the disappearing Nigerian transfer centerpiece
…or for our captain america:proud:

yeah chuck has been underwhelming so far but on the other hand pulisic is performing much better than expected and a clear upgrade to the two dimwitted RW

with 10 new arrivals, it was always to be expected that some would flop

pulisic and chuck both cost 20m. one is not worth the price tag so far, the other is looking more and more like a bargain

you win some, you lose some

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
…or for our captain america:proud:

yeah chuck has been underwhelming so far but on the other hand pulisic is performing much better than expected and a clear upgrade to the two dimwitted RW

with 10 new arrivals, it was always to be expected that some would flop

pulisic and chuck both cost 20m. one is not worth the price tag so far, the other is looking more and more like a bargain

you win some, you lose some
Agreed but Pulisic is a known commodity so I cant get up for that being some Moncada special.

Theo has been terrible lately but he isnt easily replaced when he isnt flopping. A good Theo replacement is much harder to find than a CM or RW and I disagree with Milanatator, Theo through the middle could be very devastating but once again down to the player's attitude. We can obviously make up for Theo shifting how we play but once again, that most likely means moving away from Padre dribbling chaos model.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
id sell him - hes trash

not even the best LB in Milano
players to sell/release:

tom
kjaer
caldara
florenzi
ben
rade
rlc
pobege
shelob
jovic

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Pigeon

CR7 of CEO's
Reaction score
Fav. Players
gaetano f. intrieri
Agreed but Pulisic is a known commodity so I cant get up for that being some Moncada special.

Theo has been terrible lately but he isnt easily replaced when he isnt flopping. A good Theo replacement is much harder to find than a CM or RW and I disagree with Milanatator, Theo through the middle could be very devastating but once again down to the player's attitude. We can obviously make up for Theo shifting how we play but once again, that most likely means moving away from Padre dribbling chaos model.
fair

we won't find like-for-like replacements for guys like theo or mike but these players are pure luxury for this current milan team tbh. you don't necessarily need a world class LB/GK when a 37 year old is your starting CF every game and krunic the first option as DM.
60-70m for theo/mike + some money for saele, CDK, other fodders and you have enough money to strengthen two key positions and still sign a decent LB. tottenham, for example, got udogie for 18m. a player like that would be more than adequate.

you might have lost a world-class player, but strengthened the squad overall imo. that's the way to go right now... until daStadium:proud:

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Thoughts on these comments by one of the Neville brothers...

Neville on the best manager in the world: "Jurgen Klopp. He works with a budget that is far less than Pep Guardiola."

"If you said to me which manager could I bring to Manchester United tomorrow, it'd be Jurgen Klopp."

"I think we've all been saying this from the start. Guardiola can get the best out of the best players. Klopp can transform someone into the best in the world."
Imo totally different archetypes:

Klopp: Best to get a turnaround and to get most out of x amount of means

Ancelotti: Makes a team out of great individualists and best man manager.

Pep: Does football R&D as long as you provide funding.

Deep Fried Pizza & Chips

Probably Maldini's fault
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gullit, Savićevićic, Baresi, Rikjaard, Pippo, Desailly
these 3 + shelob are the only ones we'd get money for. rest we'll have to let go
But what if we don't need to sell to buy???

Capello just said in a recent interview that if we buy anyone they should be to level us up.

Ben and RLC for rotation is fucking awesome!!!

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
fair

we won't find like-for-like replacements for guys like theo or mike but these players are pure luxury for this current milan team tbh. you don't necessarily need a world class LB/GK when a 37 year old is your starting CF every game and krunic the first option as DM.
60-70m for theo/mike + some money for saele, CDK, other fodders and you have enough money to strengthen two key positions and still sign a decent LB. tottenham, for example, got udogie for 18m. a player like that would be more than adequate.

you might have lost a world-class player, but strengthened the squad overall imo. that's the way to go right now... until daStadium:proud:
Or just sell James Leao and do away with ISO ball

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
In many ways this is worse than the banter era because now we have some talented players who are being limited by a poor coach.

At least before we had moments....like the nivea haka

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players

I miss Paolo.

Felt so proud at him being our director. The CDK flop and his differences with management were what they were, but if I could design my Milan it would have Paolo as director.

Last edited:

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
What's wrong with RLC, from what he showed so far he is the first name on the team sheet in midfield. If anything we need a vice RLC to rotate him (Quadrogo maybe?)

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
What's wrong with RLC, from what he showed so far he is the first name on the team sheet in midfield. If anything we need a vice RLC to rotate him (Quadrogo maybe?)
It looks like we're building a strong midfield from rumoured exits and incoming.

RLC is the most talented midfielder we've had since Seedorf. Hopefully he will have long spells of fitness here, not working out so far.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Felt so proud at him being our director. The CDK flop and his differences with management were what they were, but if I could design my Milan it would have Paolo as director.
deputy to :g: