suso's dog
Reaction score
whenever pioli is asked about anything paolo allegedly did/said:

giphy.gif

CDarius

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Thread for viola?

I need to post my "i think we will demolish and surprise everyone with a 3-0, 4-1"

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I have come to accept it after going back and forth with some on here.
If I have a quibble it would be on possibly paying more to get better young players and then locking them in on our wages but that may not be feasible.

Its as Curu says - how can people say these things arent in place.

I used to look at the salary listing Brk and others put out on here and its obvious. You could even make the case management didnt go hard enough on some of the minor players offering them too much. The listing looked like they had three tiers and a few exceptions
Can’t lock people in. Even if they got a contract they can always force their way out if other clubs are willing to offer better terms.

Best thing to hope for is all parties remain professional and reasonable so we don’t get fucked out of a transfer fee like Dollar and Kessie

Pigeon

CR7 of CEO's
Reaction score
Fav. Players
gaetano f. intrieri
I have come to accept it after going back and forth with some on here.
If I have a quibble it would be on possibly paying more to get better young players and then locking them in on our wages but that may not be feasible.

I used to look at the salary listing Brk and others put out on here and its obvious. You could even make the case management didnt go hard enough on some of the minor players offering them too much. The listing looked like they had three tiers and a few exceptions
i mean, you only have to look how often we pulled out of deals because the demands didn't completely match our valuation.
and that's totally fine when you want to get the finances back in order and maintain a healthy salary structure.

unfortunately, you often miss out on talents like manu kone or players like thuram because you don't want to pay agent commissions.

sheva

suso's dog
Reaction score
I agree but i think that Inter luck will run out sooner or later, they can't always hit on these free transfers like they did with Onana, Dzeko, Cornutoglu, Mikytharian and now Thuram. They will miss for sure and when they will they will be in big troubles. They are already forced to sell a couple of players every summer but since they hit the replacements no one care for now
but they don't have to hit it out of the park with every freebie they got, they actually got disasters in the past (sensi) and many fodders who are just used as bench seat warmers (asslani/bellanova).

also, marotta can surely outsell furlani any day of the week, selling a declined+unneeded brozo to the saudis (who have we sold them? we tried to get rebic and origi out all summer), onana for an inflated price after getting him for free, and selling inter's fodders to midtable serie a teams for 5-20 million (who the fuck is pinamonti?)

the difference is, they have a system in place where a player knows his place after two weeks of training, and can only develop from there (kebab).
so, even their duds are being utilized to the utmost of their capabilities.

meanwhile, our cm musah was tried at rb two weeks ago.

Cloren

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roger Federer is the GOAT
and he got them 13 g+a in all competitions :lol:
actually, okfaor+chuk's salary accumalates to 200k more than what thuram makes

so they paid an extra 10 million for a 13 g+a, instead of not and get a whopping 2g (okafor) 1a (chuk) combined?
it's as if you need to pay money in order to get quality, the crutch of ac milan philosophy during the american era
"we don't pay agent fees" like it's some sort of a flex :lol:

meanwhile, those extra 10 g+a of thuram got them 1st place in serie a + comfortably advancing to the next stage in CL
i bet that's worth slighly more than 10 million

Inter also have a proper manager and have a system in place.

I doubt Thuram would have done as well with us.

He could have been another Chuk under piolito

Cloren

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roger Federer is the GOAT

Anyone knows where the nearest bridge is

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
If I throw a ball in the air and it always comes down do I need someone to tell me there is an effect named gravity that's causing it?

I can see that's happening even if I don't actually know the science behind it.

If your position is that Gerry is completely opposite to Singers then fine but Furlani kind of indicated that probably won't be the case.
I have no position here. What I am saying is that these 'reports' about wage cap have been flying around for many years, but the reality is that we managed to extend Leao, offered 6+ to Kessie, offered 8+ to Dollar, etc. Nobody from the management ever mentioned a wage cap, it's a thing that the Italian media came up with years ago and rinse and repeat it whenever they feel the urge to say something about Milan. Same media that had no idea what Maldini was going to be sacked, that Tonali already had a ticket to Newcastle or that Okafor was landing in Milano in 48 hours.

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
noglu went to our city rivals because we didn't want to pay him 500k more

thuram cucked us because we didn't want to pay him 6m

actions of a club without a salary cap
None of these means that we have a salary cap, but I don't expect more from you either way.

La Chupacabra

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
and he got them 13 g+a in all competitions :lol:
actually, okfaor+chuk's salary accumalates to 200k more than what thuram makes

so they paid an extra 10 million for a 13 g+a, instead of not and get a whopping 2g (okafor) 1a (chuk) combined?
it's as if you need to pay money in order to get quality, the crutch of ac milan philosophy during the american era
"we don't pay agent fees" like it's some sort of a flex :lol:

meanwhile, those extra 10 g+a of thuram got them 1st place in serie a + comfortably advancing to the next stage in CL
i bet that's worth slighly more than 10 million
Thuram in Piolismo would have rendered less than Chuck+Oka

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
As long as Leao is our main man and he doesn't establish himself as a SS our hands are very limited when it comes to playing with 2 strikers. There is only really a 4-2-4 in that case which is a bit of a meh formation. So all these strikers that do well in 2 striker systems would have limitations here.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Oh it can definitely be done

Make the point about salary cap one about a hard cap set at a certain number, 4m for example. Then cherry pick examples of contracts above that number, works 10/10 times. Boom, no restrictions exists with this ownership.

1700839492720.gif

Nalim

Banned
Reaction score
Exactly. What he is doing right now is not the usual Thuram. If he was playing like this he would've been lured by City and Barcelona and not the broke brothers from Milano.
Even on his current form he’s no City player

Pigeon

CR7 of CEO's
Reaction score
Fav. Players
gaetano f. intrieri
None of these means that we have a salary cap, but I don't expect more from you either way.
no, but if 5-6m base salary has been the maximum a player earns with us the last years, that certainly means something and that's only reserved for one player in the team so far

we don't pay agent commissions
we only pay as much as we value a player and not a penny more

but a salary cap? yeah no, there is no such thing, sure:lol:

you think we need management and marotta telling us about it when we have the numbers?

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
no, but if 5-6m base salary has been the maximum a player earns with us the last years, that certainly means something and that's only reserved for one player in the team so far

we don't pay agent commissions
we only pay as much as we value a player and not a penny more

but a salary cap? yeah no, there is no such thing, sure:lol:

you think we need management and marotta telling us about it when we have the numbers?
We make some odd moves, there's no doubt about that, but a salary cap (let's say 5 m) meaning that we don't pay a single euro above 5 m in general is simply not true. We value each player at certain money and don't want to cross the line which is more of a good thing than bad to be honest. If you call this 'salary cap' then, yeah, we have a salary cap just like virtually every team in the world.

Last edited: