The Rumour Commode XLIV: Paragliding to Piolistine Crisis

Rigore to save your life: choose your player

• Total voters

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Applies both keeper and field players bc its considered to be like 2 punishments so thats why only yellow. If the goal was empty then it would have been a red
Says who? A denial of a goal scoring opportunity is a red card even if it’s a penalty, if the player didn’t go for the ball. Parisi didn’t look like he was going for the ball.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I’m questioning the algorithm if it said pay 28m for Chuk

(I’m assuming here that pro scouts don’t use YouTube for their evaluations)
My only hope is that we still haven’t seen him against a low block. If he can help us break those down then he’s worth it. But so far he’s been pathetically useless.

Kmoney

Dribble and Inshallah
Reaction score
2022-ac-milans-fikayo-tomori-767302393.jpg
Thiaw too!!! It’s complete BS you’re right

Kmoney

Dribble and Inshallah
Reaction score
I have a hard time seeing Chuk hitting the conditions in order for us to pay 8m more in bonuses.

Unless that bonus is based on number of times his passes and shots are blocked by defenders.
Guessing it’s a mix of appearance + qualifying for the CL

We’ll probably end up paying at least 4m even if we sell after after one summer

Guy is fucking atrocious my god

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
You might be joking but I can’t think of any other explanation. He’s actually has not been so bad. He had a good game IMO. I liked him.
They want Pobega to possess close dribbling like Salad, long balls like Pirlo, while maintaining his defensive duties :lol:

Tell me how much an Italian homegrown player like that will cost and if we will afford it :lol:

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Damn! Watching us play, literally physically hurts.

After the game I noticed the whole right side of my rib cage is sore.
Don’t remember doing anything to cause it.

Shoutout the AC Maignan. Saved the day.
Pioli is trying to make sure our rivals’ fans stay for the entire game :lol:

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The only good match Chuk has had - he was passing/crossing early instead of trying to beat every defender. You’re not Rafa and this isn’t Spain, bruh.

Swagotelli

Supah Leagah!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Nesta, Pirlo, Seedorf, Kaka, Inzaghi, Maldini, Gattuso
Why was Pobega slandered yesterday? I thought he’s been better than Krunic lately, in fact I’d advocate for him to start in our CL match cc @Samaldinho

Given Musah is suspended
Are you going to be the person who puts out a Pobega apology form after one game? :proud:

Swagotelli

Supah Leagah!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Nesta, Pirlo, Seedorf, Kaka, Inzaghi, Maldini, Gattuso
I have a hard time seeing Chuk hitting the conditions in order for us to pay 8m more in bonuses.

Unless that bonus is based on number of times his passes and shots are blocked by defenders.
Black samu will redeem himself when we face Real Madrid in the UCL final :o

sheva

suso's dog
Reaction score
blaming jovic who's basically a dry loan and a stopgap solution that was bought on the last day of mercato is lol worthy
this guy should be a 3rd solution for CF, and yet expected to save us against fodders since we have no attacking plan.

blame should be placed on other shoulders, especially when we have no real RW other than pulisic, RLC is injured more often than not, and reindeer is completely underutilized in his potential since he's meant to cover end-to-end and gets gassed when coming into the final 3rd.

kinda similar to tonali, who would've thought.

IcyDiavolo

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Was expecting nothing but a poor performance given the important absences, tiredness, semi-fit players and upcoming CL clash. Given everything we know about the injury situation and the schedule I was actually hoping we would approach this match without intensity, and just try to get a lead and manage it. Will certainly take the 3 points.

But Leao and Okafor being out is a huge sucker punch. Okafor especially is made of glass. Pulisic will get burnt out if not injured and Romero is not an adequate filler. More Primavera players will get called up at this rate. It's looking fucking grim right now. I really hope we sign an attacker in January because there's no way in hell we can sustain this till end of season.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score

It was a clear dogso. So furious it wasn’t a straight red.

I too asked in the match thread how his foul on Theo was any different to the one Tomori got a straight red too for against Chelsea in CL. It's the only clear cut error tho from Di Bello, the situation was so clear it shouldn't need a call from VAR to see that.

Other than that I think Di Bello had one of the best referee performances we've seen in a Milan game in a long time... Maybe even in the entire season.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Applies both keeper and field players bc its considered to be like 2 punishments so thats why only yellow. If the goal was empty then it would have been a red

That's what I thought too but then Tomori got a straight red for denying a clear cut goal scoring opportunity in the penalty box (and a pen of course). People explained me if it's denying a clear cut goal scoring opportunity it's still red. So why didn't that apply to Parisi?

CDarius

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Says who? A denial of a goal scoring opportunity is a red card even if it’s a penalty, if the player didn’t go for the ball. Parisi didn’t look like he was going for the ball.
Thats what i know since i was still playing a few years ago. The Tomori red was BS because it was a pen. So pen+red is a double punishment which shouldnt happen. The Thiaw red was normal because it was last defender but it wasnt a pen.( still a soft red but yeah).

I found this article aswell
Taking down the last man or denying a goal scoring opportunity will no longer be a red
card offence, according to a new mandate from the UEFA Executive Committee.
It has often been referred to as a "triple punishment", whereby the player is sent off, a penalty is awarded, and he serves a ban afterwards, and president Michel Platini wanted to see the end of that tradition, stating in the same newspaper last month that the penalty would be punishment enough.
The rule change will also affect goalkeepers, who will no longer be sent off for bringing down a player as they lunge at his feet to collect the ball, so that may mean even less time on the pitch for backup 'keepers.

@Alo88 so i wont make another post ..yeah Tomori’s red was a dumb decision..

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME

Cloren

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roger Federer is the GOAT
I too asked in the match thread how his foul on Theo was any different to the one Tomori got a straight red too for against Chelsea in CL. It's the only clear cut error tho from Di Bello, the situation was so clear it shouldn't need a call from VAR to see that.

Other than that I think Di Bello had one of the best referee performances we've seen in a Milan game in a long time... Maybe even in the entire season.

If you honestly asked my opinion, I don’t like giving a red card for a last man foul in the penalty area.

I’m aware of the rule, but look you already get a penalty for it. Why get another punishment in a red card?

Now if it’s outside the box, then a red card is fair. Again this is my opinion.

Parisi touched him enough to get the penalty but for it to be a red card just seemed unfair lol, like how we felt with the Tomori call.

The rule sucks IMO so I’m not gonna complain on the ref for a call I genuinely agree with it, even if it’s against the rules

I mean we were all very upset with the Tomori call, weren’t we? I was. On the same token, if Parisi got sent off, do you think it’s right? ignoring the rule book for a bit.

We should be upset with that happened with Tomori, but not hope we get the benefit of the same decision that we got affected by Tomori, IMO.

And it seems @CDarius brought a rule that supports my point? No point giving triple punishment

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I can't write Chukwueze off already, but the guy has been horrific. Over 400 minutes on the pitch already and nothing but disappointment. Not good in dribbling, soft as cheese left in the sun, terrible at shooting. Only decent thing I see is his mobility which allows him to track back and be relatively fast, but the rest is pure garbage. Let's hope he improves as we will have our brand new CDK.

Nalim

Banned
Reaction score
I’m really concerned about Chuk by the way.

Hasn’t shown anything yet.

How on earth did people here even think he’s better than Pulisic? Like on what grounds? Really shows how highlights and comps can be so inaccurate, it even fooled our management. Pulisic wasn’t even 100% fit and shown way more in the first half.
In the summer I heard from several people who follow La Liga closely that they thought we got Chuk at a bargain. His problem has always been inconsistency but last season was his best at Villarreal and I think people expected him to kick on from that. He hasn’t been good so far but the way we’re currently set up where we spend so little time close to the opponents’ goal is hardly conducive to a player like Chuk performing excellently.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
I’m really concerned
another concerning point, gordon's midget is mostly signing players close to his own height... this cant be good for the club

Cloren

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roger Federer is the GOAT
In the summer I heard from several people who follow La Liga closely that they thought we got Chuk at a bargain. His problem has always been inconsistency but last season was his best at Villarreal and I think people expected him to kick on from that. He hasn’t been good so far but the way we’re currently set up where we spend so little time close to the opponents’ goal is hardly conducive to a player like Chuk performing excellently.

So he can only be a good team vs low blocks? Sounds like too expensive player if he’s only useful for those situations.