The Rumour Commode XLIV: Paragliding to Piolistine Crisis

Rigore to save your life: choose your player

• Total voters

theduck7

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I also must say this.

I think people really are underestimating the home factor.

The atmosphere was amazing yesterday. But for the away side, it can be quite intimidating.

Rennes also played with nothing to lose. I think it’s something to take into account.

They really played a fearless game.

I also think the pens they got was very very soft.
A draw would've been a fine result there but a loss absolutely wasn't after Monza

theduck7

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Most of the remaining clubs will tear our asses, don't be delulusional guys. :o

Not because they are better than us in any way, but because of the coach. You can have the tactic "I hope we score more goals than we concede because I have no idea what to do" against Rennes or Serie A fodders, but not against most opponents in EL.
I get what you are saying but it seemed to weirdly work in the CL last year

AC_Wesley

¡YA BASTA!
Staff member
Reaction score
View attachment 30336

Muttley!

it was a shitty goal.
giphy.gif

ACM14061988

Milan Icon
Reaction score
The mayor of San Donato said

"Responsibility for promoting the program agreement lies with the mayor. The City Council, at the end of the process established by the rules, will have to ratify the program agreement as this involves an urban planning variant. Since we started talking about the Milan stadium in San Donato, concerns about this project have emerged. Many concerns are not only understandable, but also shared by the Administration which has no intention of causing damage to the city and citizens. It must also be said, however, that a narrative also began based on baseless exploitations. Various aspects of the project registered at the end of September must necessarily require modifications. For the Administration, this project has great potential, obviously only if certain critical issues are overcome.

This is the process of the program agreement:
- the mayor promotes the agreement by indicating the bodies and subjects to be involved.
- after the participation of the subjects involved, the Committee for the program agreement is appointed which is chaired by the mayor and is made up of all the representatives of the subjects involved. The Committee, in turn, establishes the Technical Secretariat which is made up of technical skills identified by each body involved. The Technical Secretariat will be involved in the operational phase aimed at defining the program agreement.
- during the operational phase the following procedures are completed: the SEA (Strategic Environmental Assessment), the verification of compatibility of the urban variant project with the supra-municipal aspects, the EIA (Environmental Impact Assessment), the PAUR (Provision Single Regional Authorization).
- once the program agreement has been defined, it must be ratified by the City Council.
- once the program agreement has been signed, the Committee for the program agreement will transform into a Supervisory Committee which will be responsible for monitoring the implementation phase.

The participatory process will involve citizens and local stakeholders, who will be listened to and all critical issues will be collected to improve the project".

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I also must say this.

The atmosphere was amazing yesterday. But for the away side, it can be quite intimidating.

Rennes also played with nothing to lose. I think it’s something to take into account.

I think Rennes played exactly like we do most of the times: with humongous risks, imbalanced af, committing way too much in attack and inviting countless counter attacks in the back. But all of a sudden it's supposed to be "fearless" or "brave"? Nah.

Yes, Rennes had nothing to lose. But there are no excuses we didn't kill the game by HT, none, and we didn't even need the starters to do so, that's how wide open Rennes let the doors in their defence.

For me, Pioli still misjudged the situation in resting the starters against Monza for this game. That said staters were even unable to capitalize those countless invitations for easy counter goals (after being rested on top of that) was the even bigger tragedy.

For me, this right now feels like the low point of the season, and I'm not looking forward to getting slaughtered by Atalanta this weekend. If Charles is going to score, I'll take a 1 week ban or so.

Last edited:

Cloren

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roger Federer is the GOAT
I think Rennes played exactly like we do most of the times: with humongous risks, imbalanced af, committing way too much in attack and inviting countless counter attacks in the back. But all of a sudden it's supposed to be "fearless" or "brave"? Nah.

Yes, Rennes had nothing to lose. But there are no excuses we didn't kill the game by HT, none, and we didn't even need the starters to do so, that's how wide open Rennes the doors in their defence.

For me, Pioli still misjudged the situation in resting the starters against Monza for this game. That said staters were even unable to capitalize those countless invitations for easy counter goals (after being rested on top of that) was the even bigger tragedy.

For me, this right now feels like the low point of the season, and I'm not looking forward to getting slaughtered by Atalanta this weekend. If Charles is going to score, I'll take a 1 week ban or so.

If that useless Fodder De Ketelare scores against us I’d be so pissed…

But yeah, our season was bound to take a hit after that European Football comes. Pioli can’t handle 2 competitions, never was able to.

We won Scudetto because we played once a week.,

Raghav

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Sheva, Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, R9, Dinho
i agree with you about the pattern of play, i dont talk what this team is missing or different ideas,im saying what this coach can do and did in the past, and i cant expect from him a passing game or tiki taka because he is not doing it. We ain't do those things here.

We use the speed of our players to take advantage of the space the opponents leave behind. We prepared and played a great match against Newcastle at home and against PSG at home, we took lessons from the game away and decided not to press them. We also played well against Dortmund in both games( until the injuries). He also switched against Napoli in the quarter-finals and played different football, deciding to go on the counterattack. But against Inter played into the hands of Inzaghi.

There were games in which Pioli chose the right tactic and won games, but most of the time, he fell into the hands of the opponent coach. We can win games even by not playing well.

He should fix the defending tactics because it is shit.

I dont know why its that hard to say to regista to not go forward and stay behind when Theo attacks. He will not be Kessie, but at least he will cover the space and delay the action.
Problem is most of the games in the season we are gonna be playing low block counter attacking teams. Against tho
Thank you for the lesson.

Care to explain how in the space of 18 months his Brighton have been embarrassed with these results.
Luton 4-0 Brighton
Aston Villa 6-1 Brighton
Newcastle 4-1 Brighton
Brighton 1-5 Everton

Even 2-3 AEK Athens is pretty shocking..

When it happens 4 times, it's not freak results. Like I said, I'm not hailing us as anything special. But can we do what Luton and Everton, teams that will probably be relegated, did to them? Sure. If you think that's me being naively optimistic, then you're the deluded one.

Ofcourse we can do what these teams did and more. But De Zerbi is a smart guy - he knows what works against us. He will setup his team in that way. The above results u mentioned are all teams who sit back and counter well. I think Pioli has too much ego and is too stupid to choose to play that way if we were to draw Brighton.

Anyways , these are all ifs and buts and I certainly hope I am wrong if we do draw them next round. I just think we are so far from being a “team” right now and only getting worse. And our plan A , B and C is to give the ball to Leao and pray.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The mayor of San Donato said

"Responsibility for promoting the program agreement lies with the mayor. The City Council, at the end of the process established by the rules, will have to ratify the program agreement as this involves an urban planning variant. Since we started talking about the Milan stadium in San Donato, concerns about this project have emerged. Many concerns are not only understandable, but also shared by the Administration which has no intention of causing damage to the city and citizens. It must also be said, however, that a narrative also began based on baseless exploitations. Various aspects of the project registered at the end of September must necessarily require modifications. For the Administration, this project has great potential, obviously only if certain critical issues are overcome.

This is the process of the program agreement:
- the mayor promotes the agreement by indicating the bodies and subjects to be involved.
- after the participation of the subjects involved, the Committee for the program agreement is appointed which is chaired by the mayor and is made up of all the representatives of the subjects involved. The Committee, in turn, establishes the Technical Secretariat which is made up of technical skills identified by each body involved. The Technical Secretariat will be involved in the operational phase aimed at defining the program agreement.
- during the operational phase the following procedures are completed: the SEA (Strategic Environmental Assessment), the verification of compatibility of the urban variant project with the supra-municipal aspects, the EIA (Environmental Impact Assessment), the PAUR (Provision Single Regional Authorization).
- once the program agreement has been defined, it must be ratified by the City Council.
- once the program agreement has been signed, the Committee for the program agreement will transform into a Supervisory Committee which will be responsible for monitoring the implementation phase.

The participatory process will involve citizens and local stakeholders, who will be listened to and all critical issues will be collected to improve the project".
The man wants his damn stadium.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
If that useless Fodder De Ketelare scores against us I’d be so pissed…

But yeah, our season was bound to take a hit after that European Football comes. Pioli can’t handle 2 competitions, never was able to.

We won Scudetto because we played once a week.,
It's not piolis fault. It's rhe players. Always the lazy players.

He can't turn fodder into world class.

We have a good team now on paper but it's imbalanced. We have a washed up striker past his sell date upfront. Should be a bench player.
No DM. We bought injury prone players.
We still have calabtrash.

And kjaer should have been bought in fucking 2009 not now. He is old. What do you expect.

Backup is florenzi. Another washed up has been.

Midfield has players with skillsets that are very similar. You need variety. Cant have sameness. You will get exposed.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
Leao’s been called “lazy” which makes it easy for his defenders to defend against that point: “look at him running, tracking back, sprinting, and people call him lazy lol”

The correct word is content.

Hes found something he can abuse lesser opponents with and is currently living off of that. His attitude from his interview (talks need to be shorter and need to talk to him in a calm way) is absolute cringe. Other than awareness, there are fundamental footballing skills that he could improve on, independent of Pioli. If it is something he cared about but we have a noob coach, nothing is stopping him from spending some of his own money to hire people to help him improve in other aspect.

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
Great draw :thumbsup: of the teams we could’ve gotten, Slavia are unquestionably the easiest

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I also must say this.

Those flares were lit, very throwback

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Talks need to be shorter. To quote Einstein

"If you can’t explain it simply enough, you don’t understand it well enough.”

It's quite a well known thing in the sports world. If you cannot explain your idea/what you want to a player/athlete within 60-90 secs they will tune it out the longer it goes on.
That’s great, Pioli isn’t Einstein, observation we can all agree on. Leao can hire his own Einstein to explain to him how to be better in 60-90 secs.

Meanwhile, there are players working within the same confines and have shown more improvement.

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
My theory on Leao:

He is now 24 years old, and no longer 19 like when he first joined us. Back then he was "just" a young, promising talent, without any burdens or responsibilities. But not anymore. Things change, and Leao faces the difficult task of coping with this transitional phase where he is no longer just here to have fun and live his best life. He now has to manage expectations. High expectations. And responsibilities that aren't just tied to being the highest earning player on our team. He is also the technical leader on the pitch. The player that even the likes of Theo, Giroud and Maignan rely on.

I think Leao is feeling this pressure more than ever at the moment. It's weighing on him, not just metaphorically, but quite literally, when I see how he just can't seem to get past any defender with his almost unparalleled explosiveness. Pioli is even sacrificing Pulisic's attacking qualities at the moment to put Leao in more favorable positions to score goals. And with every attack that Leao bungles, this emotional burden increases.

Last year we saw something similar with Charles. His season didn't start badly, but with every game in which he failed to do the simplest things, he buried himself deeper into a mental hole. Now, at Atalanta, where the spotlights are nowhere near as bright as at a traditional club like ours (where even second or third place is no longer enough), he's blossoming - also helped by a coach who, when he finds the right place for you in his system, can get the absolute best out of you.

With Leao, we are now at a crossroads. Can he defy the pressure and the high expectations and make the step towards the great player we all see in him? Or have we already seen the best of Leao? I think whether Pioli or Conte or Motta coach him - his ceiling depends mostly on himself.
I call bullshit

The expectations were higher to start the season and despite the lack of g/a, I thought he was playing his best and refined football. There's an obvious drop in form after his injury. People can scoff if off but you don't recover from a hamstring injury as you play, you need rest. It's especially hindering for an explosive player like him

Say whatever you want but he has had his best moments at the biggest moments so no it's not mental

It's the injury + growing pains from him trying to turn into a goal-scorer

theduck7

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Kinda mad with all our injuries this guy was allowed to leave midseason for a lowball fee. He must've properly downed tools but it's bizarre how we seemed to be held to ransom on him and no replacement brought in-talk about gambling on the season. Not saying he was a world beater or anything but certainly would've rather he stuck around until June

Pigeon

CR7 of CEO's
Reaction score
Fav. Players
gaetano f. intrieri
Not sure he counts, he was good from the start

Had good performances at Chelsea and Dortmund. Only dwindled because of his injuries and being played out of position
yeah at least he got him back on track i guess

i think diaz grew a lot (sadly not physically) during his spell here
tonali maybe? although he regressed in his last year

Schedule