The Rumour Commode XLIV: Paragliding to Piolistine Crisis

Rigore to save your life: choose your player

• Total voters

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Is San Donato a bluff? Or does Gerry really need investors? Scaroni admitted that staying at San Siro is still in option when he was itnerviewed over the weekend.

Repubblica confirms all previous news and adds: a meeting was held at Palazzo Marino between representatives of the Municipality of Milan and the football teams Milan and Inter to discuss the future of the Meazza stadium. The two teams would like to become owners of the stadium, but there are still conditions to be met. Construction group WeBuild must present a plan to renovate San Siro without evicting the teams and taking into account commitments made for summer concerts. Both teams also want financial guarantees that the stadium will be theirs and a commitment to immediate refunds in the event of lost revenue due to ongoing works. Requests for the San Siro renovation include the preservation of the external structure but a substantial change, with the aim of increasing "premium" seats and improving the spectator experience. Projects for owned stadiums outside the city continue, but the recent collaboration between Milan and Inter for a possible shared facility indicates a paradigm shift or a lack of funds on the part of the Rossoneri club. If the teams' requests were accepted, including ownership of the stadium, suspicions would arise about the convenience of the operation for the city. Mayor Sala is ready to face criticism, arguing that it is better to risk being too generous to clubs rather than see them abandon San Siro.

I don't think so. We just spend 40M to buy the land and so forth. All those steps already done with San Donato, and having a mayor who actually fucking wants that stadium - I don't think we're giving up on that just because of some empty promises by Sala who's never been our ally in all of this.

The way I read it, we're saying "are you deaf? we already told you we can't afford to play in a more than half empty San Siro for 2-3 years while they are renovating the whole thing!" in the most diplomatic and political way possible, meaning we let them make their feasability studies but demand guarantees we perfectly know they can't match.

It's like a play of chess. Sala wants us to commit to San Siro or deny it, so he can go back to his sheeps telling them: "See? They abandonned us, not the other way around, it's not my fault they leave me empty handed." We counter by saying: "Okay, you're promising us you can get San Siro rennovated, but like for real renovated, while we're still playing 1-2 matches per week plus concerts and everything? Fine. Prove it, give us guarantees, agree to compensate for the losses if you can't keep you're promises and we can talk."

Now the ball is back at Sala while we continue our path with San Donato, perfectly knowing there's no way he can give us said guarantees or that he (= the state = the citizens) will agree to compensate if he doesn't keep his promises.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
You mean Krunic? The player championed by the most consistent and straight-talking members here love? Our DM was Krunic. Pioli built his midfield around him. That's the sad truth of the matter. Pioli was relying on Krunic.

Mind you: Pioli did not want to play 4231 this year. All summer he talked about his magical 433, it's what we used all pre-season. First few games, looking good. Then he got ass-blasted by Inter and he abandoned it. Which is silly, when you think about it, one bad game shouldn't cause you to throw it all away. But Pioli did.

The fact that we play the same 424 (and it's actually worse this year without Tonali and Bennacer there) and just hurl bodies into the final third to try and "generate offense" shows that Pioli is really just throwing players out there, and the players are figuring out and improvising the build-up structures, which is damning. Pioli lowkey kinda admitted it, but I'm sorta tired of the battle of the quotes.

This is a strong squad, but we should be doing better than we are, and I think we're in 3rd place more because of the talent in our squad (and the massive under-performance of teams like Lazio and Napoli this year) than we are because of new transfers, or because Pioli is now unshackled. We had talent last year, too, but I think Pioli mismanaged the players at his disposal last year, too.
Coach budget is under 4 mil with no autonomy. Best we will get.

AC_Wesley

¡YA BASTA!
Staff member
Reaction score
Fingers crossed...

@sscnapoli before hiring #Calzona asked for information for #Pioli regarding the next season.

The coach, barring any surprises, will no longer be the coach of @acmilan so beware of a possible arrival at #Napoli in June.

Pioli to Napoli would be Benevenuti Al Sud the remake

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I don't think so. We just spend 40M to buy the land and so forth. All those steps already done with San Donato, and having a mayor who actually fucking wants that stadium - I don't think we're giving up on that just because of some empty promises by Sala who's never been our ally in all of this.

The way I read it, we're saying "are you deaf? we already told you we can't afford to play in a more than half empty San Siro for 2-3 years while they are renovating the whole thing!" in the most diplomatic and political way possible, meaning we let them make their feasability studies but demand guarantees we perfectly know they can't match.

It's like a play of chess. Sala wants us to commit to San Siro or deny it, so he can go back to his sheeps telling them: "See? They abandonned us, not the other way around, it's not my fault they leave me empty handed." We counter by saying: "Okay, you're promising us you can get San Siro rennovated, but like for real renovated, while we're still playing 1-2 matches per week plus concerts and everything? Fine. Prove it, give us guarantees, agree to compensate for the losses if you can't keep you're promises and we can talk."

Now the ball is back at Sala while we continue our path with San Donato, perfectly knowing there's no way he can give us said guarantees or that he (= the state = the citizens) will agree to compensate if he doesn't keep his promises.
Technically buying the land doesn't mean much. You could always sell it. I'm from Chicago and the Bears of the NFL bought land in the suburbs for $200M for their new stadium and it doesn't look like they'll be building it there because they aren't getting the tax breaks they hope they would.

The fact Scaroni didn't shoot down staying at San Siro makes me think it's all still up in the air. I think building in San Donato is contingent on finding an investor with deep pockets to help pay for it all.

Dokoa

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Has he? I know he's scoring lately but he proved he can score and dribble in the summer friendlies. If he made strides in his defensive contribution and final 3rd decision-making sure I'd agree

but he's the same player just playing in a weaker competition

To be fair to Padre, I don't expect him to turn a 28 yo into a world-beater. He's pretty much a finished product
I agree that its not the same pace as PL but still 28 is best age , he seems more mature and knows what he's doing, no doubt that RLC is a talented player.

justhope

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Sure

but I can't think of anyone brought in within the last 3 seasons to have actual growth

Are all the players just shit now or what
it does look like pioli has run out of steam on all levels, players growth, tactics, training, basically anything.

but I think it is also a result of our team being mostly settled, we are 70-80% complete. we need like 2-3 plugs to be a top team( and a coach with some fresh ideas)

adli has been mostly good this season, so was tijan. you can say pulisic and rlc were kinda established players.

Raghav

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Sheva, Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, R9, Dinho
Ishowspeed is a moron piece of shit and fuck Leao for being around with him.

Leao is a fucking man child who has made money and following etc. He is a plague we should cash in quickly in the summer before teams realise he’s a piece of shit

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Coach budget is under 4 mil with no autonomy. Best we will get.
Note when it’s fuck Pioli it’s “massive under-performance of teams like Lazio and Napoli this year”

Now note back to this same guy who wrote essays arguing against inda and barca fans for daring to downplay our glorious Fludetto by mentioning other teams perhaps under-performed.

:LOL:

Last edited:

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I agree that its not the same pace as PL but still 28 is best age , he seems more mature and knows what he's doing, no doubt that RLC is a talented player.
He’s content as well. He’s found his one trick.

If he gets more involved he’d be a much better player

Ash-ish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R9, 3, Nesta, Gattuso, B&G, Rui Costa
All these players should give their salaries to pioli since he is making them injury prone, missing goals, making them fat etc

These bums fleeced Maldini for wc contracts singing pioli is on fire. Well pioli also fleeced Maldini with a wc contract

Last edited:

Ash-ish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R9, 3, Nesta, Gattuso, B&G, Rui Costa
It most definitely is. Tonali and Krunic offered more defensively in the middle than whatever mashup pivots we see regularly now and even that pivot wasn't enough to compensate for Padre's suicideball

Adli and Bennacer pivot with RLC bombing forward is an insane approach

Team was build around a 433 with RLC playing as the ball carrying 8 and that has all been thrown away
2862965-59005315-1600-900.jpg

Rest in retirement scudetto winning trequista

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
But he wasn't given 2 of the main type of players needed for his system though. I am not sure how much input he has had but pioli is not helping himself by saying things like I prefer two way players ball carriers lol. I am 100% sure he wanted a DM but we couldn't afford one so he had to save face by saying some rubbish like I prefer a rlc type player
Nobody under this ownership will ever be give every type of players thry need. GP was way more limited and was still given what management thought were best for investment sake and not his style.

Other teams aren’t stupid and know what we are in the market for and that overall there is a demand for good DMs. So if they keep up with this whole Moneyball strategy, then it will always be make shift midfielders hoping they have attributes to at least not fuck up easy passes. At best it will be a veteran profile like Kjær, and I’m not sure how much that would help in a system like Pioli’s. A good dynamic DM, who can pass, who has good pace to chase down attackers and also have good reading of the game and won’t doze off bc rest of our offense is constipated cost a lot of money.

Susan

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Sandro Nesta, Thiago Silva, Pippo, Ibra, Kaka
Just checking in to remind everyone that Giroud is the best striker :proud:

I'm very busy, so didn't have any time for the forum lately. I'm in the middle of changing jobs, so have a lot to do, but I never miss any Milan games.

Haven't read any posts in a long time, so no idea what's going on here, but I hope everyone is fine and behaving well:D

Forza Milan

Pigeon

CR7 of CEO's
Reaction score
Fav. Players
gaetano f. intrieri
All these players should give their salaries to pioli since he is making them injury prone, missing goals, making them fat etc

These bums fleeced Maldini for wc contracts singing pioli is on fire. Well pioli also fleeced Maldini with a wc contract
:lol::lol::lol:

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
Note when it’s fuck Pioli it’s “massive under-performance of teams like Lazio and Napoli this year”

Now note back to this same guy who wrote essays arguing against inda and barca fans for daring to downplay our glorious Fludetto by mentioning other teams perhaps under-performed.

:LOL:
Well both sides kinda do it - many was laughing at Maldini 5th place last year
But boy Pioli still has a job because many of the teams above us last season imploded :lol::lol::lol::lol:

The fludetto though - Man wanted to take me to task for calling it a miracle and how I was shortchanging us ........
What word did Paolo use when he came out after the triumph - Miraculous :proud:

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
He had better say that. We owned his Napoli team last season. Also not wrong that Pioli is a chameleon. I do have doubts how well another manager could have done with this current group. I imagine other managers, like Spalletti, recognize how unbalanced much of our squad is.
I love Spalletti and wanted him here before Padre - his Napoli team played wonderful but we kind of owned them and he did nothing to stop us unlike how Inter just took our lunch repeatedly.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nobody under this ownership will ever be give every type of players thry need. GP was way more limited and was still given what management thought were best for investment sake and not his style.

Other teams aren’t stupid and know what we are in the market for and that overall there is a demand for good DMs. So if they keep up with this whole Moneyball strategy, then it will always be make shift midfielders hoping they have attributes to at least not fuck up easy passes. At best it will be a veteran profile like Kjær, and I’m not sure how much that would help in a system like Pioli’s. A good dynamic DM, who can pass, who has good pace to chase down attackers and also have good reading of the game and won’t doze off bc rest of our offense is constipated cost a lot of money.
I still would have liked to see that no-name dude from the Danish league to see if he could become a Kessie clone but we went with Vranckx who has no defensive makeup either.
- and how we play our DM just needs to make short passes - to the CM or Mike. Hell we going to dribble anyway.

Two summers straight and not one mid that could play properly in the middle

Schedule