The Rumour Commode XLIV: Paragliding to Piolistine Crisis

Rigore to save your life: choose your player

• Total voters

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Pioli masterclass incoming.

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
I think the fact Pioli has gone back to the turtle neck and jacket is very encouraging.

Starting to feel that 20 match win streak building
What, his brain got stuck in it the last time he took it off?
Then he’d have to find that specific one he wore last.

Could explain some things. Feels you lose something every time you take off one of them sob.

Kmoney

Dribble and Inshallah
Reaction score

Carlo has tons of injuries, ACLs, knee injuries and other long term injuries. Yet he’s still GOATing and playing well. It’s impressive.

Because he has a system in place…

We don’t.

Pioli in 2020 had many injuries yet we were playing really well. He had a system that worked.

Now he doesn’t. So obvious.

Even more impressive is that he completely redid his system this year from the 4-3-3… and it actually works

Carletto is the most adaptable coach in the world

Kmoney

Dribble and Inshallah
Reaction score
If we beat Dortmund and PSG win
It'll be:
PSG 9
Milan 8
Dortmund 7
Newcastle 4

If Dortmund win on the final game..we'd need to win too.

I'm unsure of the best result for us. If we say PSG drawing against Newcastle is, then Newcastle know beating us would give them qualification. So that's not ideal.

I guess PSG winning and hoping they don't lose in Dortmund.

If we beat Dortmund and Dortmund don't beat PSG on the last day - we will go through even with a defeat.

So I've seen people saying 4 points is enough. In the case that PSG beat Newcastle...It's either 3 points or 6 points required (only if Dortmund beat PSG)
I think Newcastle play to win against us, regardless. Even third place and Europa is good for a small club like them. They’re pretty good at home too.

We just gotta win today and then worry about MD6 later.

Kmoney

Dribble and Inshallah
Reaction score
Caldara played as RCB in Gasperini’s system which is almost a box to box type role. Even without injuries I think he just isn’t a great CB for a back 4. Leonardo incompetence

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
A surprise: Adli and not Krunic will play.
seinfeld-newman.gif

Pioli!

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
I like him, he has his own ideas how to play. Even when he tried 2 7 2 formation i love coaches who tries something new bring new ideas.. I support Bologna this season, they play a good football.

The only down side he is another interista :ibraugh:
Wasn’t that 2 7 2 comment of his taken out of context by the press to make a sensational title? Or even himself trying to grab headlines.

I remember back then, after reading a little more about it, 433, 4231, flat 442 and I’m sure some other formations fit his description of 272.
2 7 2 Is simply counting the departments vertically and not horizontal as were are used to.
For instance in 433 or 4231 … the first “2” is formed by the LB and LW, the second “2” RW and RB … and the “7” is all the players playing more centrally from goal line to goal line, including GK…that’s why he said GK is a midfielder.

It’s more like a presentation thing. It’s Like restaurants serving food in fish bowls just to be exotic … the food is the same. Nothing revolutionary.

That said, I don’t follow him or his teams. don’t know how good or bad he is. So I have no objective judgement or position on him.
But I don’t have to remind that I’d take anyone with a plan of making their team play together (not just next to each other) over Pioli.

Eastheaven

Primavera
Reaction score
Thiago Motta is the moneyball RDZ. If there's anyone inside Italy I would get as a replacement, it's this guy.
My concern over someone like Motta is can he manage 2 competitions? Pioli’s style(physical overpowering, 1 on 1 dribbling) was doing okay until we had to do 2,3 games in a week and the team can’t sustain the intensity and he can’t adapt. How would Motta feature in that? In addition to the pressure of managing a big team like Milan?

ACM14061988

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Cardinale will be at San Siro and he will work on some dossiers about the club but there won't be any news about Ibra. In Decemeber the critiria for Club World Cup qualification will be official, this is how things stand

G1.jpg

IcyDiavolo

Milan Icon
Reaction score
My concern over someone like Motta is can he manage 2 competitions? Pioli’s style(physical overpowering, 1 on 1 dribbling) was doing okay until we had to do 2,3 games in a week and the team can’t sustain the intensity and he can’t adapt. How would Motta feature in that? In addition to the pressure of managing a big team like Milan?
All valid concerns. Something he will have to learn to adapt to. But he will only get better as a relatively young coach. He very much seems like an up and coming manager, impressive with his tactical approach. Better to jump on him sooner before he becomes the next RDZ / Arteta. Plus, all the big names are probably unattainable. There's not many of them that will fit our mould anyway.

On his tactics, this is what he said in an interview years ago when he was coaching PSG U-19:
"My idea is to play offensively, short team that controls the game, high pressure and a lot of movement, with and without the ball. I want the player that has the ball to always have three or four solutions and two teammates close by to help. The difficulty in football is, often to do things simply, but to control the base, pass and get free"

Shiby

Bandwagon hopper
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah, Albertini, Maldini, Nesta, Becks
Motta was such a shit when he played.

Probably a good coach though. I'll worry about (dis)liking the news when/if it becomes more concrete.

Susan

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Sandro Nesta, Thiago Silva, Pippo, Ibra, Kaka
Does the M1 line work? When i went to work this morning it was not working :lol:
I saw the gates were closed, but I arrived with the M3 and thankfully won't need the M1 to get to San Siro later.

CDarius

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Does the M1 line work? When i went to work this morning it was not working :lol:
Living in Milano...man thats awesome :(
I think the fact Pioli has gone back to the turtle neck and jacket is very encouraging.

Starting to feel that 20 match win streak building
This :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

A surprise: Adli and not Krunic will play.
Waiting for Adli to mess something and people blame Pioli for not playing Krunic instead of Adli :proud:

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
Waiting for Adli to mess something and people blame Pioli for not playing Krunic instead of Adli :proud:

That’s yet to happen. Though less match fit a player is, more likely he is to make mistake. Players like anybody need rhythm.
Coach job is also to keep all players involved, so when needed they’re ready…even though some (coaches and fans) expect players to magically perform with sharpness every time the player is on the pitch after months of not seeing the pitch.

Just picture this though. Adli messes up and Pioli gets fired…how poetic would that be?
He’d probably be held as a hero.

Last edited:

Pigeon

CR7 of CEO's
Reaction score
Fav. Players
gaetano f. intrieri
"we need a former milan legend like maldini in office, gerry!!"

"fine, fine. here's another ex-inter player"
magic-johnson-magic-laughing.gif

jokes aside. motta was there for 2-3 years, no? is that really a big deal? i associate him more with psg tbh