The Rumour Commode XXXI: The Panther Era

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omar500

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka, Costacurta, Nesta, Boban, Savicevic
And I must say something. We chose the right path with Maldini, Massara, Pioli, and all young lads in the team, along with some veterans like Ibra, Kjaer. Players like Donna, Roma, Kessie, Hakan, Calabria also had experience, they are here for multiple seasons, but they have consistency now. I fully support our policy of buying younger players to developer, because we have great team chemistry, and good system that is based on attacking and high pressing. We are big club, so we can keep our best players. But, with champions league football, I think that we could buy more expensive and proven players from time to time.

And this policy of having at least two players in one position is great, because if Bennacer leaves, maybe Tonali and another midfielder that we are going to get will grow enough, and then we can buy another younger prospect. That is the difference betwen us, seven time Champions League winners, and clubs like Borrussia, Ajax, RB Leipzig, that almost exclusively develops younger players and then sells them for high price, without possibility to get apropriate replacement.

There is a lot of work to be done in the next few mercatos, but I believe in our management.

Omar500

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka, Costacurta, Nesta, Boban, Savicevic
What do you think how much Real and Man Utd will ask for Diaz and Dalot respectively?

But to be fair, I'm not sold on Dalot (but he can play both RB and LB, so that is a plus)

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
I demand stats of Rebic as a LW.
Pretty sure only Hakan & Ibra are better.

I have already shared some stats last season. Today I?ve got more stats than I had before but you can?t look at stats of players with 5-6 games.

Ee81BBBWkAIH8mr.jpg

We all have eyes to see that Rebic misses passes and balls easily or that he does rely more on power than high technique or intelligence.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
We all have eyes to see that Rebic misses passes and balls easily or that he does rely more on power than high technique or intelligence.

Do goals not count if they're gained through power?

Last edited:

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
What do you think how much Real and Man Utd will ask for Diaz and Dalot respectively?

But to be fair, I'm not sold on Dalot (but he can play both RB and LB, so that is a plus)

They will ask prices close to what they paid and more or less based on their performances at Milan.

So, Real paid 17 and United 22. I expect them to be 25 and 15.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score

How about assisting?

Pressing? You know something your boy avoids like the plague.

We do well because we have all of talent, work-rate, physique combined. Now take Hakan out and put Daniel, take Bennacer out and also Leao. Let Rebic and Samu on the wings and Tonali/Krunic in midfield. You?ll see how we?ll fall in technical levels and fall to Gattuso?s like team, lol.

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
We do well because we have all of talent, work-rate, physique combined. Now take Hakan out and put Daniel, take Bennacer out and also Leao. Let Rebic and Samu on the wings and Tonali/Krunic in midfield. You?ll see how we?ll fall in technical levels and fall to Gattuso?s like team, lol.
Who is better for the team lmeao or rebic?

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
You should both Google the word "ceiling" and understand its meaning. It does not mean in this point of time - and if it did, you'd both be correct - but it means their skill ceiling as in what they have the potential to reach. I wouldn't say Frederick is far off the truth. Tonali's potential ceiling is huge. Whether he's currently better than Bennacer or will reach his ceiling isn't what is at debate here.

I understood the question. My point was that Benna's level is already insane and I can see him only getting better, thus I think his ceiling is higher.

People seem to overhype Tonali same way as they do with Leao. Not saying he won't be great, but don't underestimate the others.

Also, you really have to take into account the player's character. Kessie and Bennacer are 23-24 but already act like they're in their 30s, they are mentally very strong and put incredible efforts on the pitch.

Same with Leao-Rebic debate. People see some flashy skills from Leao here and there and assume he's gonna be WC. Don't forget we had guys like Robinho and Menez who were miles above in terms of skill potential/ceiling. But, you shouldn't look at the skill alone to judge the "ceiling".

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Saele lacks consistency, really can't see him becoming a 40M player tbh. Even 25M will be very hard. His first months were good, but he's been very mediocre for the last games he played.

He has been consistent, except his end product.
I dont know why in some games he goes full Flamini.
He has all the tools, he showed it against printer. If he can also improve his defensive/positioning game, he should be tried as a back up CM, especially if we are getting Thauvin.
I dont agree with the valuation, he if he played in the bundesliga or la Liga he would be rated much more. But these are just valuations and im not sure if anyone would pay that amount. We can really judge after he plays in CL.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
VS, any comment on Lmeao's performance last game?

IlGallo

Beginner
Reaction score
CorSport: Milan agree five-year deal with Mohamed Simakan ? operation could be closed for ?17m

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
I understood the question. My point was that Benna's level is already insane and I can see him only getting better, thus I think his ceiling is higher.

People seem to overhype Tonali same way as they do with Leao. Not saying he won't be great, but don't underestimate the others.

Also, you really have to take into account the player's character. Kessie and Bennacer are 23-24 but already act like they're in their 30s, they are mentally very strong and put incredible efforts on the pitch.

Same with Leao-Rebic debate. People see some flashy skills from Leao here and there and assume he's gonna be WC. Don't forget we had guys like Robinho and Menez who were miles above in terms of skill potential/ceiling. But, you shouldn't look at the skill alone to judge the "ceiling".

And who said Menez was bad, I liked him a lot.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
opposite vibes to me
He is talking about not upsetting balance
And that's a good thing. Very intelligent to say. That's what brought us from the 5:0 to Atalanta defeat to the momentary top of the table without doing madness to our finances.

I think in that regard we're quite advanced compared to other big clubs who are used to spend their way to the top rather than to intelligently build and work to that goal. That will be our advantage in a couple of years. Football until a couple of months was heading into a direction where it would collapse sooner or later, Covid only has speeded up that development.

While the big teams now are forced to slowly but steadily change to a more sustainable model that still allows to strengthen your team we're already doing it since two years and gone through the unavoidable mistakes that come with such a big shift in structure and planning.

We're on a good path. And it will pay out sooner than later, I'm sure of it.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
9 goals and 4 assists after Covid break, barely playing half of games.

“Skills here and there”

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
And who said Menez was bad, I liked him a lot.

I loved him here too, but overall, he hasn't achieved that much in his career... and he still had more potential and worked harder than Lmeao.

I'll say this - people who don't value Rebic, don't understand football. #Fact

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
I loved him here too, but overall, he hasn't achieved that much in his career... and he still had more potential and worked harder than Lmeao.

I'll say this - people who don't value Rebic, don't understand football. #Fact

You don?t understand the game man, not players, but the game.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
9 goals and 4 assists after Covid break, barely playing half of games.

?Skills here and there?

When we praise Rebic we're not shitting on Leao at the same time. They're both great.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
We need some new topics :o

Great interview by Gazidis, btw.

Funny how a year ago this forum was:
1. anti-Gazidis
2. #pioliout
3. anti-Ibra coming back (a good part of the members)

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
To score goals you need players to create first, Leao creates. Rebic without Theo to come for him would be dead.

People don’t understand the importance of explosive players like Theo and Leao, they are of primary importance, Liverpool has done well thanks to Mane and Salah.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
To score goals you need players to create first, Leao creates. Rebic without Theo to come for him would be dead.

People don?t understand the importance of explosive players like Theo and Leao, they are of primary importance, Liverpool has done well thanks to Mane and Salah.

Rebic is extremely explosive, what are you talking about?

https://www.bundesliga.com/en/bunde...ngsley-coman-schulz-hakimi-rebic-havertz-3907

2) Ante Rebic – 21.81 mph

Just shy of being the fastest man in the Bundesliga, Rebic has been blazing a trail past opposition defences with purpose, scoring nine goals and four assists in the Bundesliga and helping Eintracht Frankfurt to the semi-finals of the UEFA Europa League.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule