The Rumour Commode XXXI: The Panther Era

Status
Not open for further replies.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Leao has far higher potential than Rebic, Rebic has significant weaknesses in general but he really fits our current system, he is just not having the best season also probably because of his elbow.

That being said if Leao has a complete off-day you are playing with 1 man less.

However I am glad we have both and also Hauge.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho

Rhat

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
He doesn't watch the games man, pointless to discuss. He just looks at some stats he barely understands and thinks he's a "scout" :lol:

Opinion - Bennacer will be considered #1 in his position and top 3 overall midfield in the world within the next 3-5 years. Agree?

Agreed. He's the most complete midfielder I have seen for years.

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
To score goals you need players to create first, Leao creates. Rebic without Theo to come for him would be dead.

People don?t understand the importance of explosive players like Theo and Leao, they are of primary importance, Liverpool has done well thanks to Mane and Salah.

Im out.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
I think Leao is most fit for an SS position coupled with someone like Ibra.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
He doesn't watch the games man, pointless to discuss. He just looks at some stats he barely understands and thinks he's a "scout" :lol:

Opinion - Bennacer will be considered #1 in his position and top 3 overall midfield in the world within the next 3-5 years. Agree?

He has the incredible ability to both be extremely press resistant and also able to play very progressive passes quickly. So he's such an important release valve for us, and I think we stopped playing ponderous passing football precisely because we have Bennacer who can move the ball up very well, and also Hakan/Ibra who can receive his passes with their back to goal.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
As for Bennacer, he is a complete midfielder, maybe the most complete mid we’ve had in the last 7-8 years.

LocalHero80

The other side of Ba
Reaction score
Out of Hauge-Rebic-Leao trio, Hauge is the one I can vouch for. Leao has potential but his ethics might get in the way. Rebic is such a weird player, I still can't form an opinion on him.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Out of Hauge-Rebic-Leao trio, Hauge is the one I can vouch for. Leao has potential but his ethics might get in the way. Rebic is such a weird player, I still can't form an opinion on him.

Rebic all the way for me. We really are so lucky to have someone like him in our team. Defenders panic so much when he charges at them non-stop. This season is not a good example of Rebic since he played up front alone, and LW without Ibra. Let's look at Rebic last season and you'll find that as a left sided forward (not a winger) he is the one that's feeding off Ibra, and the unpredictability and crazy/stupid things he attempts are a big reason of the positive chaos in our attack. There is nothing an Italian defense hates more than unpredictability. You really can't plan for what Rebic does, and that's why I love him.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rebic is such a weird player, I still can't form an opinion on him.

That's what makes him some special. He's physical, but technical at the same time... looks slow/weird in his movements, but he isn't and always works his ass off. That's a rare mix

To me, he's like a bulkier version of Menez albeit slightly less technically gifted.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
With speed Rebic has good technique, without space, in stop and go situations he can also end up looking almost comical.
He definitely is a weird player, for our current set up he is really good. If there would be a change to completely different idea of football he could quickly become dead wood too.

sheva

suso's dog
Reaction score
Rebic is miles ahead of Leao, what's the discussion here

A player that gives his heart to the team > someone who tweets mid-match

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
With speed Rebic has good technique, without space, in stop and go situations he can also end up looking almost comical.
He definitely is a weird player, for our current set up he is really good. If there would be a change to completely different idea of football he could quickly become dead wood too.

This weirdness is why he's so effective. He does so much stupid and unpredictable shit that he manages to break down structured defenses and makes things happen.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Rebic is miles ahead of Leao, what's the discussion here

A player that gives his heart to the team > someone who tweets mid-match

Come on, Leao is great also. You don't have to shit on one to make your point about the other.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I wanna see Hauge as CAM for 90min in the Coppa, but probably won't happen.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Ibrahimovic to Sportkeek:

Dream XI? I choose eleven for their strength or for affection. Those who gave me something. [Gianluigi] Buffon is the goalkeeper, I played with him at Juventus. That was a special team. I have great memories. I was young and everyone treated me like I am treating young players at Milan now. They had so much to teach me. Maxwell is the left-back, he is a friend of mine. Then [Alessandro] Nesta and [Fabio] Cannavaro in central defence. Fabio was crazy, he used to take me around Naples with his scooter. I was young, I didn't have experience. Him and [Lilian] Thuram had too much. I'd like to play with them now. Maicon is the right-back, when he arrived at Inter he wasn't consider as strong as he proved to be. Then [Pavel] Nedved, the number one. He is the one who improved me more than enyone else. When I saw him I understood that what I was doing was not enough. He was always training, he was a machine. I pick up [Patrick] Vieri and Xavi in the middle of the park. Two champions. That Barcelona side was such a strong team. The first six months were amazing, but then I didn't feel well because of the coach. Attack is easy: [Zinedine] Zidane attacking midfielder, Ronaldo the phenomenon and Diego Maradona up front. He is the greatest of all time, better than me. I could be the coach of this team, who knows, maybe I can really become a coach one day.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maybe I can really become a coach one day

BleakRealisticHairstreak-size_restricted.gif

Birsaforever

I hate Pink Floyd
Reaction score

:thumbsup: for Hauge, he's the one that will get the better development

Birsaforever

I hate Pink Floyd
Reaction score
This weirdness is why he's so effective. He does so much stupid and unpredictable shit that he manages to break down structured defenses and makes things happen.

He seems to do just obvious things until but when he sees the chance to get an advantage he uses some of his impredictableness. His effectiveness depends on how often he recognizes such opportunities, but even when he play simple, he do it with enough quality to be dangerous anyway.

One feature i think Leao lacks, is the ability to keep things simple. Feeling too often forced to try something special is not good.

Last edited:

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
One feature i think Leao lacks, is the ability to keep things simple. Feeling too often forced to try something special is not good.

That's a good point about Leao and something that he completely does differently when playing with Ibra. With Ibra he keeps things simple and defers a lot to him, which makes his play much more effective. Without Ibra he feels like he needs to do everything himself in the attack.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
We need some new topics :o

Great interview by Gazidis, btw.

Funny how a year ago this forum was:
1. anti-Gazidis
2. #pioliout
3. anti-Ibra coming back (a good part of the members)

1. Maldini and Boban were being undermined with Rangnick lined up to takeover the team
2. We werent playing well and came off one our most humiliating defeats. Pioli was also seen as another cheap stop-gap alternative instead of getting a quality coach
3. Werent sure if Ibra could still play at a high enough intensity for prolonged periods to be effective and our track record for returning players was horrendous

None of those positions werent bad.
1. Maldini got Ibra and decided to stay
2. Pioli switched Kessie and Bennacer and had Ibra to be the example for what is required; Rebic got fit and exploded
3. Ibra showed what a class striker Milan was missing for a decade and became even patient with the players for most of that season

Culture and spirit are now set and the winning and belief are right through the organization, scouted players that came cheaply are impressive and results are continuing to roll in so its confirmation and vindication at every level.

As an aside - I want to face Lazio or another (3-5-2 / 4-5-1) team to see how Pioli handles it when we have most our team fit...the counter was there to expose them but we gave up so much possession and I want to see how he would attack that lineup when we are at strength.

We are so formidable now (I didnt even include our talismanic Theo) and hope management can find the right reinforcements. I like how Maldini always insists on not upsetting the balance the team has now; yes that could be code for not spending big but I think that for a player like Bakayoko who wouldve been great for us technically as cover could easily have ruined the chemistry right now. You can have that luxury of bringing and releasing those players when the titles roll in and most of our cubs are fully matured lions

Forza Milan

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
1. Maldini and Boban were being undermined with Rangnick lined up to takeover the team
2. We werent playing well and came off one our most humiliating defeats. Pioli was also seen as another cheap stop-gap alternative instead of getting a quality coach
3. Werent sure if Ibra could still play at a high enough intensity for prolonged periods to be effective and our track record for returning players was horrendous

1. Then anti-Gazidis position was way before Ragnick saga.
2. I think #pioliout was trending even before he had his first game :)

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
It's really hard for me to pick my favorite player in this team, but if I had to choose one it maybe has to be Kessie. The way he physically dominates the midfield and suffocates space for the opposition is just so good, and his effectiveness in cleaning up loose balls and handing over the ball simply to Bennacer and others while still also being able to play a good diagonal to Calabria if he has time to do that.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
9 goals and 4 assists after Covid break, barely playing half of games.

?Skills here and there?
Bitch please!

Rebic last season was our top scorer despite only playing half the season.

It's your choice to overlook the importance of Rebic tho. Not ours. So I'll go on and respect your opinion.

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gullit, Van Basten, Rijkaard, Baggio, Nesta, Rui Costa, Kaka, R9, Dinho, TS33, Theo
Ibrahimovic to Sportkeek:

Maxwell ahead of Maldini? I know about the Ibra-Maxwell bromance, but :head:

Might as well select Pique and Abate too.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
:thumbsup: for Hauge, he's the one that will get the better development

He seems to do just obvious things until but when he sees the chance to get an advantage he uses some of his impredictableness. His effectiveness depends on how often he recognizes such opportunities, but even when he play simple, he do it with enough quality to be dangerous anyway.

He doesn?t need to play simple, lol, we need to get the most of what he can give, his talent, not convert him into a simple player that you want. If you can’t understand his talent then its your problem. You can?t ask Leao to stop dribbling, he has to dribble, he is capable of winning games with his individual quality.

What we need to ask Leao is to become more active, to be more active there should be an affort from him to improve his work rate, and put himself in a position to receive the ball, he is not receiving the ball enough, also not shoting enough. There are some games he looks a bit out. Pioli should work with him to make him more important.

Last edited:

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Maxwell ahead of Maldini? I know about the Ibra-Maxwell bromance, but :head:

Might as well select Pique and Abate too.

Yeah idk, think he tried to include names he played with or is friends with like Maxwell.

Status
Not open for further replies.