The Rumour Commode XXXI: The Panther Era

Status
Not open for further replies.

nekky

Big Muffin
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ibrahimovic Kaká T.Silva Shevschenko Pato Nesta Maldini Theo
As talented as Leao is, Rebic is and should be 1st choice in LW. His characteristics complement both Ibra and Theo much better than Leao as it is now.

jurinius

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Cafu Boban Pirlo Inzaghi Shevchenko Leonardo Van Basten Ambrosini
Yep Leao shouldn't have to play simple, he should keep the intensity and the level of his play up all the game along. Hope Pioli will start pushing him to finish games without whining.

As for Hauge-Rebic-Leao debate, it is Rebic over Hauge anytime as Lw. The problem is Leao is claiming to be an ss but he is better as Lw, Rebic is really shining as a false 9 but prefer Lw position in our 4-2-3-1 system.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
As talented as Leao is, Rebic is and should be 1st choice in LW. His characteristics complement both Ibra and Theo much better than Leao as it is now.

I'm bored stiff by this pointless discussion. One doesn't cancel out the other.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
I'm bored stiff by this pointless discussion. One doesn't cancel out the other.

Thankfully it will be over in the summer, when Lmeao gets sold.

#triggervs

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Ronin versus VultureSheva is like the budget version of me versus Neruda. Boring.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Ronin versus VultureSheva is like the budget version of me versus Neruda. Boring.

I'll admit I like indie movies more than big budget Hollywood shit. Jim Jarmusch ftw

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
EqQDEEeWMAE8ouD.jpg

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Do we have any stats of this Instagram based scouting?

I remember we had speculation about Modric, Ramos, who else?

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
1. Maldini and Boban were being undermined with Rangnick lined up to takeover the team

Not true.

It's incredible how deep the medias narrative has burnt his way into the fans minds and how difficult it still is for them to change idea after all that was.

The anti-Gazidis-agenda existed way before. Basically because people didn't like the idea of getting young players at reasonable prices and letting them grow before they explode. I guess that's because Elliott was new and when medias created that narrative that they want to buy cheap and sell high - pulling a midtable club so to say - fans went (understandably) banas. Then medias did something very intelligent: every good story needs a hero and a villain. The hero they pictured was Maldini, while Gazidis was written as the villain of this story.

Et voila, the anti Gazidis trend was born.

Facts - all of them - speak another language tho. First of all Gazidis always ensured that they don't plan to sell their best players off but that they want to keep them as big teams do. He did that from day one. Then go and check the average age of our players we bought since Gazidis arrival. You will be surprised. It's nowhere near 20 years as medias male you believe.

And then of course Gazidis undermining Maldini and that shit. It's typical sport journalism. Take some facts and arrange them the way they fit your narrative. Ignore the rest. No one will sue you.

- Rangnick was always considered as coach, never as Maldinis replacement.

- Gazidis rates Maldini tremendously. Fact: He promoted him when Leonardo left instead of getting rid of him, which would have been very easy for him to do so. Is that the doing of someone who plans to undermine Maldini position 6 months later?

- Gazidis appereantly was ready to make Maldini his right hand (and giving him new, but different responsibilities) in case of Rangnicks arrival because he didn't want Maldini to leave the club.

Oh and Zlatan, another good example. Medias run the story that Maldini and Leonardo wanted him, basie had an agreement with him, but then there came big bad Gazidis and blew it up as the villain of the story he is.

Meanwhile Zlatan confirmed already that it was him to stop the talks because he didn't felt physically ready for Serie A and already had given his word to LA Galaxy.

So yeah, that shows how much medias invested to build that image of Gazidis. How Gazidis still can go out and wish a merry Christmas and good partnership with all the journalists out there in an official press statement is beyond me. It's pure class, but I wouldn't be so calm with the same people who basically did defamation if I was him.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Gazidis' only fuck up might have been the Boban-Ragnick one, but who knows what really happened there. Might be Boban's fault too, as he went to the media instead of sitting down to talk internally.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Not true.

It's incredible how deep the medias narrative has burnt his way into the fans minds and how difficult it still is for them to change idea after all that was.

The anti-Gazidis-agenda existed way before. Basically because people didn't like the idea of getting young players at reasonable prices and letting them grow before they explode. I guess that's because Elliott was new and when medias created that narrative that they want to buy cheap and sell high - pulling a midtable club so to say - fans went (understandably) banas. Then medias did something very intelligent: every good story needs a hero and a villain. The hero they pictured was Maldini, while Gazidis was written as the villain of this story.

Facts - all of them - speak another language tho. First of all Gazidis always ensured that they don't plan to sell their best players off but that they want to keep them as big teams do. He did that from day one. Then go and check the average age of our players we bought since Gazidis arrival. You will be surprised. It's nowhere near 20 years as medias male you believe.

And then of course Gazidis undermining Maldini and that shit. It's typical sport journalism. Take some facts and arrange them the way they fit your narrative. Ignore the rest. No one will sue you.

- Gazidis rates Maldini tremendously. Fact: He promoted him when Leonardo left instead of getting rid of him, which would have been very easy for him to do so. Is that the doing of someone who plans to undermine Maldini position 6 months later?

- Gazidis appereantly was ready to make Maldini his right hand (and giving him new, but different responsibilities) in case of Rangnicks arrival because he didn't want Maldini to leave the club.

Oh and Zlatan, another good example. Medias run the story that Maldini and Leonardo wanted him, basie had an agreement with him, but then there came big bad Gazidis and blew it up as the villain of the story he is.

Meanwhile Zlatan confirmed already that it was him to stop the talks because he didn't felt physically ready for Serie A and already had given his word to LA Galaxy.

So yeah, that shows how much medias invested to build that image of Gazidis. How Gazidis still can go out and wish a merry Christmas and good partnership with all the journalists out there in an official press statement is beyond me. It's pure class, but I wouldn't be so calm with the same people who basically did defamation if I was him.

Stop it Alo, it's illegal to make sense on this forum.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Back from 10 days vacation..
time to terrorize this place again

giphy.gif

nekky

Big Muffin
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ibrahimovic Kaká T.Silva Shevschenko Pato Nesta Maldini Theo
Gazidis' only fuck up might have been the Boban-Ragnick one, but who knows what really happened there. Might be Boban's fault too, as he went to the media instead of sitting down to talk internally.

It's really a shame that Boban chose to do so, he's been an important piece in building this new team and I'm sure he could have continued contributing if he was still here. But him getting fired was totally understandable given the actions he chose at the time

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Not true.

Great post, Alo.

From where I'm sitting Gazidis can do no wrong. He's betting on competence in every department, instilling confidence and is very good at communicating. He learned italian in record time and recorded a video of him talking about a Milanese feast/celebration of a saint or something. He's like a lab made CEO.

I think the fruits of his labor will become more apparent as time goes on. These sporting results certainly help his cause.

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
To score goals you need players to create first, Leao creates. Rebic without Theo to come for him would be dead.

People don?t understand the importance of explosive players like Theo and Leao, they are of primary importance, Liverpool has done well thanks to Mane and Salah.

Rebic should start before leao at LW.
Do you disagree with that?

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Gazidis was hired to fix the team and to not allow much room of mistakes, he sacked Leonardo after he spent money on Samus and Laxalts. That was right thing to do.

When Maldini got Giampaolo it was another mistake, then we lost 5-0 to Atalanta.

Gazidis has been looking for some change. And when results started to be seen he changed opinion about hiring Rangnick and that was the right thing to do.

I don’t think Gazidis made anything wrong.

Gazidis hired Maldini at first place.

Gazidis hired Moncada.

Gazidis asked for a project with young players who should be selected with scouting & data.

Last edited:

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Out of Hauge-Rebic-Leao trio, Hauge is the one I can vouch for. Leao has potential but his ethics might get in the way. Rebic is such a weird player, I still can't form an opinion on him.

1 rebic: aggression, speed , workrate, link up
2 leao: got everything except workrate

3 hauge: not ready for serie a yet.

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players
It's really hard for me to pick my favorite player in this team, but if I had to choose one it maybe has to be Kessie. The way he physically dominates the midfield and suffocates space for the opposition is just so good, and his effectiveness in cleaning up loose balls and handing over the ball simply to Bennacer and others while still also being able to play a good diagonal to Calabria if he has time to do that.

I think our fave player would have easily been donnarumma if he didnt have raiola as his agent.

But yeah this team is so likeable

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
MN: Milan aiming to make a Saelemaekers type of signing for midfield.

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
Not true.

You forgot the most important aspect of the anti-gazidis agenda and I don't know if you did so deliberately. No one was against Gazidis because he wanted young people at cheap prices waiting for them to explode (apart from maybe some old school football conservatives who believe you need to buy a super star once in a while here and then). The main concern people were having with Gazidis was what happens after the young players explode. They had little to go on beside past experience of Gazidis at Arsenal where he would sell the players once they exploded. The concern was that he would turn us into a new Arsenal/Roma - good teams but never top notch enough to win anything because players are always getting sold.

And truth be told that still is a rational and reasonable concern for people to have because we have yet to see Gazidis true vision for this Milan - will he turn us to another Arsenal/Roma where we seasom after season sell our best players? Or will he actually build towards making us the best team in the world once again? All of this remains to be seen

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Great post, Alo.

From where I'm sitting Gazidis can do no wrong. He's betting on competence in every department, instilling confidence and is very good at communicating. He learned italian in record time and recorded a video of him talking about a Milanese feast/celebration of a saint or something. He's like a lab made CEO.

I think the fruits of his labor will become more apparent as time goes on. These sporting results certainly help his cause.
Thanks

I wouldn't even be surprised if our momentary success has come way before they expected. Like yeah, it's wellcomed, but probably not expected this soon.

However I don't doubt for a second that the picture we're seeing now has always been in their minds, all the way back to when most of the fans were still rallying against Elliott and the appointment of Pioli and even before that.
Stop it Alo, it's illegal to make sense on this forum.

I mean, look at this picture. Do they look like they were on war with each others 6 months ago?

Nope.

a6f11912056e826d8fd686e36f811106.jpg

I guess there was and still is confrontation, on a daily base too, as its just and good to exchange ideas, covering all thoughts and keep your mind fresh. But in the end to me they look very compact and united after all. And absolutely not in the way like they just grew to like each other when things began to turn our way. That sort of chemistry was build way before.

Last edited:

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
@alo Gazidis is whispering to Massara that him and Maldini will be fired for Rangnick this summer if we don't win Scudetto. The media must be right that there is turmoil!!!

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
What definitely helped the cause of the medias was Bobans outrage and his claims that there's already a signed pre-agreement. While Gazidis didn't deny the contacts he categorily denied the existence of a already signed pre-agreement.

People back then trusted Boban more than Elliott and Gazidis. They put more weight to Bobans words and sided with him - understandably.

However there were few fans back then who already disliked the way Boban made things public that don't belong into public which caused turmoil around our players who definitely didn't helped the players but only Boban himself. To them that was an early indicator that Boban was not ready for such a role where he has to cary the ideas and interests of his employer and not his owns. It may be his job to question whatever Gazidis does - but not publicly.

Finally, months later when Gazidis confirmed Pioli and ditched Rangnick, it became evident that there actually wasn't and has never been a pre-agreement and that Bobans credibility lost lots of weight.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
You forgot the most important aspect of the anti-gazidis agenda and I don't know if you did so deliberately. No one was against Gazidis because he wanted young people at cheap prices waiting for them to explode (apart from maybe some old school football conservatives who believe you need to buy a super star once in a while here and then). The main concern people were having with Gazidis was what happens after the young players explode. They had little to go on beside past experience of Gazidis at Arsenal where he would sell the players once they exploded. The concern was that he would turn us into a new Arsenal/Roma - good teams but never top notch enough to win anything because players are always getting sold.

And truth be told that still is a rational and reasonable concern for people to have because we have yet to see Gazidis true vision for this Milan - will he turn us to another Arsenal/Roma where we seasom after season sell our best players? Or will he actually build towards making us the best team in the world once again? All of this remains to be seen
I absolutely covered that aspect if you re-read the post again .

The "pulling a midtable club" part :-). And I acknowledged that since Elliott and Gazidis back then were a way bigger unknown than today it was understandable that fans would be concerned.

What I added is that medias used that to build Maldini and Leo as the heroes and Gazidis as the villain. They used every bit of fact who helped their cause and ignored the rest. That's typical sport journalism as it happens all the days and it's very alienating to me how this type of reporting, which is basically diffamation in my point of view, isn't illegal.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
a6f11912056e826d8fd686e36f811106.jpg

I guess there was and still is confrontation, on a daily base too, as its just and good to exchange ideas, covering all thoughts and keep your mind fresh. But in the end to me they look very compact and united after all. And absolutely not in the way like they just grew to like each other when things began to turn our way. That sort of chemistry was build way before.

Clearly Massara is the glue holding them together

MilanFan89

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Simakan not so bad. But we have too many defenders
Romagnoli - Kjaer - gabbia - Musacchio - Duarte - Kalulu and now Simakan.
2 defenders need to leave. Probably Musacchio and Duarte.

Need to focus on a cm and rw

yungfreddy

Banned
Reaction score
its crazy how things can go in football
we went from pioliout# to #1 in table quite convincingly
i myself was very anti pioli and admit ive been too harsh on the man..credits where its due .even if we end up somehow in 4th spot i salute the man

there have been alot of other (big) factors that played a part however

-serie a looking weak af...we havent played world class teams in a while (peanutbrain rino and pirlo are big factor in weak serie a)
- presence of maldini and ibra (kjaer and rebic pioli aswell) is huge..we have some balls and confidence now wich was a MAJOR problem last years..dressing room has some testostoron atm
- kessie position switch is huge..he is immensely valuable right now..from a saboteur to a carrying force
- bennacer is huge huge huge along with other talent stepping up (including ewl calabria and ewl hakan)...bennacer provide us with football and our own f.dejong..something we lacked in midfield since ....very long ago
-cheap and useful additions in hauge saele...
im sad to see paqueta go but its for the best...just like a.silva he came to the wrong club in the wrong time..he can explode if he develops well

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
its crazy how things can go in football

yungfreddy going from a major troll to logical poster

Status
Not open for further replies.