The Rumour Commode XXXI: The Panther Era

Status
Not open for further replies.

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
You're right up to a certain point. You then reach a level of performance where minor improvements to the level of play is all you can make. Making sure your LCB can play a wider range of passes without shifting their body makes a difference.

Ok. ?shifting their body?
That?s exactly why say it blown out of proportion.
Whether on the right or left, they are still fairly central... it?s not like they?d playing FB in the by the touch line. They still have a very ?whole? view of the field.
A Kjaer if moved To LCB, will not have problem passing to Ibra, Rebic Or Saelemaekers ... of course he?ll need a few games to find his new angles and be comfortable.
For 90% of CBs It?s just a matter of getting used to it. It?s not a drastic change.

Koulibaly and Van Dijk both right footed play LCB, comfortably.

The only people that would really struggle are criminally 1 footed players, who tend to be lefties...and they?re a really small percentage

R.Akbar

Allenatore
Reaction score
If there's anyone, it should be us, Milan fans, to learn the hard truth that Players improve and you shouldn't write off any names of the list.

Altafini

Starting Eleven
Reaction score

:star:
Guys,can we all agree on this(cry) as the perfect response to vulture whenever he's throwing tantrums?.I mean, let's respond by typing "CRY" then move on.The forum will be less toxic that way.
Vulture is a great guy but is not the objective kind of guy when he argues so there's no point going back and forth with him. He's great with the bold letters,he should stick to it or RETIRE?:lol:

Tobinho

Decisive Hours
Reaction score
I just hope diaz will be able to handle it when zlatan shouts at him :(

1604003094_976221_1604003270_noticia_normal.jpg

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
:star:
Guys,can we all agree on this(cry) as the perfect response to vulture whenever he's throwing tantrums?.I mean, let's respond by typing "CRY" then move on.The forum will be less toxic that way.
Vulture is a great guy but is not the objective kind of guy when he argues so there's no point going back and forth with him. He's great with the bold letters,he should stick to it or RETIRE?:lol:

Just ignore if you know the discussion will lead to nowhere.
He still posts news which is cool.
I?m sure he?ll sometimes make points that make sense, you could discuss that.
The rest you ignore...you simply don?t feed the Convo on those topics that you know it?ll turn ... as it usually turns

Altafini

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Also, pigeon I was just busting your balls. We may disagree on things, but you aren?t dumb and I shouldn?t even joke like that.

We are all Milan fans and I wish everyone well.

Let?s hope the players we bring in continue to help Milan build toward Scudetto and CL trophies :)

Bigger man 👌
That's how we roll, you know

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Ok. ?shifting their body?
That?s exactly why say it blown out of proportion.
Whether on the right or left, they are still fairly central... it?s not like they?d playing FB in the by the touch line. They still have a very ?whole? view of the field.
A Kjaer if moved To LCB, will not have problem passing to Ibra, Rebic Or Saelemaekers ... of course he?ll need a few games to find his new angles and be comfortable.
For 90% of CBs It?s just a matter of getting used to it. It?s not a drastic change.

Koulibaly and Van Dijk both right footed play LCB, comfortably.

The only people that would really struggle are criminally 1 footed players, who tend to be lefties...and they?re a really small percentage

I don?t know if you?re right or left footed but I?ll assume you?re right footed. Imagine yourself as the RCB. You can stand up now and imagine you?re standing in a back four, looking ahead and the ball at your feet. Now try to pass to your LCB partner. It?s easy you just pass the ball with the inside of your right foot without doing anything else.

Now imagine yourself as the LCB in the same position and try passing to the RCB. You can?t use your right foot without having to do something silly like passing with the outside of your foot. You would have to either use your weak foot (bad passes in defense are extremely dangerous, especially these days) or you would have to turn your body so that you?re almost facing the direction you?re passing and then pass with your right foot. This movement takes time, and is predictable, so a pressing attacker can exploit it.

It might seem like a very small point to you but this is a really important detail to professionals. Every millisecond counts and shifting your body unnecessarily is very bad.

Charbel

"Il Capitano"
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, L.Ronaldo, Nesta, Ambrosini
Looks like Hakan and Theo tested positive for CoVid.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Damn, I was really hoping we have at least Theo for Atalanta.

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
@PBPcalcio
Official

#TheoHernandez is #Calha positive to #CoronaVirus

Fuck me man... :fp: :fp:

Charbel

"Il Capitano"
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Mario #Mandzukic one step away from #Milan , very close agreement with the Croatian striker. @AntoVitielo

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Those two players especially I hope this doesn't affect their lungs past the few weeks they're out. I guess the Hakan contract will get delayed even more now.

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
Good thing about this covid shit is that Kessie, Leao, Ibra, Rebic, Theo, Calha, Donna, Hauge, Krunic, Tonali aleady had it so they'll be safe for the rest of the season and thank god we got 3 shitters after Atalanta

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I don?t see the big deal in Meite signing. Ya we need depth but the only thing he does well is run.
We could?ve shortened Pobeggas loan, would?ve cost us nothing and he?s been performing better than Meite in Serie A, but hopefully he?ll do well with us

What player have you been watching?
If Meite was a runner, then he probably wouldn't have flopped the way he did at Torino. He has some great tools, but he wasn't the energetic midfielder a la Kessie they needed him to be. Especially when they have Rincon and a back-3.
It's like an even more lethargic and dysfunctional version of our banter era midfield-3s.

He could also flop here for that same reason. Pioli doesn't want a full-time holding midfielder. Our mids need to cover a lot of ground, albeit not as much as someone who has to compensate for those reactive players Meite was surrounded by at Torino. I believe Meite could adapt to our double pivot system. The role is clear, the team is well-constructed. There's Kessie, a friend, fellow Ivorian and dedicated footballer to guide him and push him to give his best.
If he flops here as well, then we'll just send him back to Torino.
Low risk, potentially high reward. Nothing to complain about.

Pobega? What do you know about his performances, besides that he has scored 3 goals?

Tobinho

Decisive Hours
Reaction score
Mario #Mandzukic one step away from #Milan , very close agreement with the Croatian striker. @AntoVitielo

With Leao and Rebic out there would have been plenty of space for him tomorrow.

scarecrows

Milan Legend
Reaction score
so there were rumors of Covid for Calha and Theo 2 days ago and Theo trained with the team yesterday. Not to mention they both played in Coppa with all the hugging in the end. Hope next week we wont have even more positive cases, with Atalanta it could get ugly

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Good thing about this covid shit is that Kessie, Leao, Ibra, Rebic, Theo, Calha, Donna, Hauge, Krunic, Tonali aleady had it so they'll be safe for the rest of the season and thank god we got 3 shitters after Atalanta

When did the President get it? I think Donnarumma and Hauge were a false positive.

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
When did the President get it? I think Donnarumma and Hauge were a false positive.

Oh shit my bad, he was locked in ivory coast cause of covid, i thought he had it..well fuck :D

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I don?t know if you?re right or left footed but I?ll assume you?re right footed. Imagine yourself as the RCB. You can stand up now and imagine you?re standing in a back four, looking ahead and the ball at your feet. Now try to pass to your LCB partner. It?s easy you just pass the ball with the inside of your right foot without doing anything else.

Now imagine yourself as the LCB in the same position and try passing to the RCB. You can?t use your right foot without having to do something silly like passing with the outside of your foot. You would have to either use your weak foot (bad passes in defense are extremely dangerous, especially these days) or you would have to turn your body so that you?re almost facing the direction you?re passing and then pass with your right foot. This movement takes time, and is predictable, so a pressing attacker can exploit it.

It might seem like a very small point to you but this is a really important detail to professionals. Every millisecond counts and shifting your body unnecessarily is very bad.

It really isn't that important.
Some of the best CB pairings in history of the sport were both right-footed.
Baresi-Costacurta, Blanc-Desailly, Vidic-Ferdinand, and many more

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score

Good discussion. I like it.

I Got you. And yes I?m right footed...
but I still feel it?s a non-problem, over blow thing. And your points even harden that belief to me.

First, when we were talking about passing, I was thinking about progressive passing/build up passing. Forward passing. and you mentioned ?playmaking? in one of your post. But let?s take the scenario you described: passing between CBs

1. As I said before, this is an issue with criminally 1 footed players.

2. CBs don?t often pass to each other under pressure ... most of passing between CBs happen in when going forward trying to start the play, at that time the opposition in defensive mode.
And during those moment you can moonwalk before passing the ball.

3. Now the way you have illustrated your scenario, one would think it?s robots playing.
Players body move and they?re probably never ?square? in the position you?ve described trying to pass to their side. The way a player receives the ball he always make his first control to set his pass. So he?ll be more or less facing the direction he is passing to. 101
I still remember Seedorf trying to teach this simple concept (ball reception) to Nocerino who was catching an attitude.
Most LCBs are right footed, how do they ever do it?

If a player is often in that situation, Standing facing forward trying to pass to the side..we?re no longer talkin LCB RCB ... he should be in Thursday night league at the neighborhood park.
We are talking about pro here right?

I?ll conclude the same way. Most CBs can play either. If they are to switch they?ll normally take a few game to find their angles and things like that.
This is not like playing a different position

Charbel

"Il Capitano"
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Mandzukic to the #Milan , final details. By Tuesday the striker will be Rossoneri @cmdotcom @86_longo

Tobinho

Decisive Hours
Reaction score
La Gazzetta dello Sport focuses on the negotiations for the renewal of Calhanoglu. The meeting on January 13 between the Rossoneri management and the player's agent - we read - will be repeated shortly. Maldini and Massara have risen to 4 million euros in salary in order to extend the agreement expiring in June, the counterpart asks for 5 million. Bonuses, as usual, can nullify distances.

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score

Simakan - Niang are also right footed.

#justsaying.

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Is any other team in Europe suffering as much from covid and injuries as our team? It seems that we're getting it the worst. Why don't Inter and Juve get this kind of bad luck?

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score

In some cases it doesn't matter. If you're playing out the back against teams that press, then it matters a lot. Also, being right footed doesn't mean you're not comfortable playing easy passes with your left.

Altafini

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Just ignore if you know the discussion will lead to nowhere.
He still posts news which is cool.
I?m sure he?ll sometimes make points that make sense, you could discuss that.
The rest you ignore...you simply don?t feed the Convo on those topics that you know it?ll turn ... as it usually turns

You're right but I made the same point too...I said when he's throwing"tantrums" and also commended his effectiveness as regards the bold posts. I like him though.

Status
Not open for further replies.