Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
loans with options, so many loans with options :g:

Barca are at a freefall, this is the time to milk them

Maldini learning from the best :g:

Will say though it is slightly worrying as it seems we are building the team on a house of cards.

Fabio

U mirin brah?
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Cafu, Ronaldinho, Pato, Dida, Gattuso, Balotelli, Borini, Honda, Saelemaekers
Pretty sure I?ve seen multiple posts of them on Roma being a strong team and top place competitor, as well that the result wasn?t bad.

Those I only found in few pages of Milan-Roma thread. Not willing to search more for you.

http://forum.acmilan-online.com/showpost.php?p=3196829&postcount=1052

http://forum.acmilan-online.com/showpost.php?p=3196801&postcount=1026

http://forum.acmilan-online.com/showpost.php?p=3196848&postcount=1070

you managed to quote 2 of the biggest doorknobs on this forum, which makes your argument not as objective.

but still, hindsight is 20/20

VillaiN

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Man if we get Firpo, Otavio, Thauvin we re going to be stacked. Along with Tomori, Super Mario.....i wonder whos finding these kids, Moncada or Maldini.

Charbel

"Il Capitano"
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, L.Ronaldo, Nesta, Ambrosini
you managed to quote 2 of the biggest doorknobs on this forum, which makes your argument not as objective.

He is quoting his entourage.

Fusiproe12

Stadio Grande Silvio Berlusconi Milano
Reaction score
No reason of spending 20M for a Theo's reserve, unless they're planning to sell him

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score

doorknobs or whatever, i don?t care, i only said i?ve seen members saying it wasn?t a bad result and that roma is a strong team, and I have.

The same hype I?ve seen about Lazio in this forum, with members fearing them before the game. We destroyed both of them at the end of last season.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Man if we get Firpo, Otavio, Thauvin we re going to be stacked. Along with Tomori, Super Mario.....i wonder whos finding these kids, Moncada or Maldini.

Only Tomori is kid in this list, what kids? They are 25-27.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
You are still bickering on the fact that Kalu is indeed considered a CD by Maldini which maybe not the case.

I genuinely have no idea what you're trying to say.

I like Kalulu at RB. I don't mind him alternating between RB and CB, or switching permanently to RB if a new CB arrives.
I can see why Maldini is not convinced with Kalulu at CB, but I see the same weaknesses in Tomori.

And maybe Maldini consider pacy CDs beat tall Cds & if its the case i agree with him.

It doesn't need to be one or the other.
There are plenty of CBs who are fast and very strong in the air.
Kabak isn't even that tall but he seems to be an aerial beast and fast.

I don't think anyone here wants a Mertesacker or Ranocchia.

R.Akbar

Allenatore
Reaction score
No reason of spending 20M for a Theo's reserve, unless they're planning to sell him

No, its actually 500k + whatever his salary is (but this goes to opex)

And also, Firpo is a statement that Milan will be ready for all competitions

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
In Italy if you notice,when it comes to sell a top players in their team,more often than not it is the big boss who made the decision rather than sporting director.In SMS case you see it's Lotito rather than Tare,in Chiesa case it's Comisso rather than Prade,In Belotti case it's Cairo rather than Vagnati,in Koulibaly case it's De Laurentiis rather than Guintoli.Off course the process of the transfer dealing will be done by his immediate subordinate which is SD but the decision will be always on the Big Boss..

So in our case yes it's Gazidis who has a final said not Paolo because like I said the SD job is purely on technical side of things,their priority is to build the strongest squad possible.Why do they want to sell their best players?It will look like they are doing a terrible job hence why when it comes to selling top players it's a Big Boss (Ceo,chairman,presidente or which ever name they want to call it) who always more actively get involved because it's clear that selling your best players has nothing to do with a sporting reason so they the Big Boss showing their responsibility rather than SD which in my opinion applies the same in our club.

Regarding Paolo name position, it's semantics.At the end of the day we know who is above who in decision making,sporting wise...
We're not run that old fashioned way tho. Not anymore. There's not that old patron anymore in here that once used to be Berlusconi and who once controlled and interfered in any part of the structure, for the better or the worse.

All those examples you named. Cairo, De Laurentiis, Dela Valle family before Commisso, Lotito... All of those are exactly like we were once used to be run.

Now Berlusconi isn't here anymore. We don't have one single man putting his personal wealth in the club with the intention to be involved in each and every department or decision making. It's a hedge fonds now who's most known to buy companies at their most dire moment, reshape and reorganise them in a modern way and to sell them to the highest vider once that company has been resanitised.

What you are doing is putting Gazidis on the same level like Berlusconi and Co., but what you have to understand is that Gazidis is not the owner of the club, not even the president - I think that part is obvious and no news to you - but an employee of the club. Hence why your comparisons don't work.

I remembered when talks about Silvio selling to a Chinese conglomerate emerged and medias and celeberties or known figures were like "I don't like that, I'd felt safer if there was one man, one figure to take over from Silvio". I think the scepticism in Italy really dates back to that.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Does anybody watch Porto and knows Otavio. Does he have any Suso element in him?

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
So in our case yes it's Gazidis who has a final said not Paolo because like I said the SD job is purely on technical side of things,their priority is to build the strongest squad possible.Why do they want to sell their best players?It will look like they are doing a terrible job hence why when it comes to selling top players it's a Big Boss (Ceo,chairman,presidente or which ever name they want to call it) who always more actively get involved because it's clear that selling your best players has nothing to do with a sporting reason so they the Big Boss showing their responsibility rather than SD which in my opinion applies the same in our club.

To avoid more wall of text from me I wanted to adress that separately by simply saying we're discussing circles here. I strongly disagree with your point of view of what the CEOs job is and isn't in our clubs structure but I can't do more than repeat what I already wrote.

So agree to disagree.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
SportMediaset - Milan-Junior Firpo: Bar?a is in a hurry to close because they want to take Marcos Alonso from Chelsea

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
when quaas calls you annoying, it's actually proof you are doing everything right.

dw quaas still love ya

You love me yet still call me quaas.. whatever it means

It doesnt end up

Dokoa

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Basically if we sign this barca kid as lb we are all set? Theo on the left with this guy and Cafulabria on the right with Kalulu. Perfect

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
9c179998f1334544393b53ce95d0a3a9.jpg

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Pretty much a midfielder.

Saele isn't exactly a conventional winger either.

Those two seem very similar. Both work extremely hard and are very versatile, but Otavio seems more composed and natural in the hole.

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score
OFFICIAL: Theo, Rebic, and Krunic are back. Theo was a false positive.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule