The Rumour Commode XXXI: The Panther Era

Status
Not open for further replies.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
Lazio are so weird, sometimes they look like they could beat any team and sometimes they get destroyed by the likes of Crotone..either way Atalanta dropping points is great for us

Yup - not too worried overall as to them challenging us in the table but head to head they can cause us problems and we have little room for error unless we win the derby again.

Tobinho

Decisive Hours
Reaction score
The more distance between us and 5t place the better. Would mean we're more confident in contract negotiations to do stuff like the release clause Raiola wants, and sooner. This Lazio win (hopefully) is good news.

:thumbsup: Plus 9 from 5th is amazing. Potentially it's plus 7 if Napoli beat Juve in that remaining game.

stevan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Parma got Zirkzee from Bayern. They are trying to avoid relegation at all costs which also means they will be redeeming Conte.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
We don't have a system yet. You can't build it in 1 year.
What we have is basically starting 11 and makeshift bench collected with no budget in record time.
But I'm not sure if any system can withstand what our team have.

Despite everything we manage to get results, I don't get the panick

We do have a system.
There are some core ideas that are constant. The rest depends on the characteristics of the players.

We play with more possession with Bennacer, more counter-attacks and throughballs and intense press with Rebic/Leao as frontman, more long balls and 1-2s in the final third with Ibra.

In the last months we haven't just missed key players, but also seen way more personnel changes than any system could handle.
A new CB pair every week, new CM duo every week, new front 4 every week. No wonder the team isn't as synced as 3 months ago.

It's incredible that Pioli and the boys still managed to win 11 games during this freak period, still managed to remain on top and only lost to the 3 best teams below us who were at near full strength.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
We do have a system.
There are some core ideas that are constant. The rest depends on the characteristics of the players.

We play with more possession with Bennacer, more counter-attacks and throughballs and intense press with Rebic/Leao as frontman, more long balls and 1-2s in the final third with Ibra.

In the last months we haven't just missed key players, but also seen way more personnel changes than any system could handle.
A new CB pair every week, new CM duo every week, new front 4 every week. No wonder the team isn't as synced as 3 months ago.

It's incredible that Pioli and the boys still managed to win 11 games during this freak period, still managed to remain on top and only lost to the 3 best teams below us who were at near full strength.

:thumbsup::star:

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
That's crazy. No one player is worth that much money, especially when you're winning shit.

Winning or not. No one is worth that much. Like what are these numbers?! Incredible

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
Well...
Milan went down from Sheva-Kaka, 2nd fall out due to Ibra-Silva
Madrid is no longer fearful since CR9

So moving-on-from-great-players-syndrome is real :lol:

But thats the difference - Barca had a plan, they chose not to follow through like they did with Dinho and then Etoo

Milan didnt have a plan. Old Milan kept rolling great players but when Silvio turned off the tap there was no follow up. Madrid hasnt been able to bring through any of those talents they have bought and Hazard isnt CR7 so I will give you that one.

Still believe Barca couldve moved on with Neymar and some of the players Pep brings to City and still be really good. Having Messi turn on you after they have bent over his whole career and constructed teams for you perpetually is just love though :lol::lol::lol:

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I wrote a long post and forgot to add the thing that worries some the most :lol::fp:
Our pressing efficiency has dropped a lot probably because of fatigue. Just after the lock down we were pressing like crazy not allowing many teams to even come close to Donnarumma. Stealing the ball many times per game and killing it on counters. These things that are missing these past 3-4 weeks.
I know the players played a lot and we lacked many rotation options but just look at what Conte is doing. He is playing the same line-up every fucking game. Just from time to time giving some air to Brozovic or a CB/WB. The rest are all the same. Yet they look much fresher than us. Yesterday they literally did not allow Benevento to come lose to their box because they pressed like crazy all the time. Against Juventus in 3 days you will see the same line up doing the exact same thing. How could they be so much fresher than us after playing the same amount of games (talking about last 2-3 months) and using much less rotation options? Not to mention that we had games in EL when we were literally playing all our subs while they were fighting till the last minute with their starting line-up. In the same time we have times more muscle injuries than them. No idea how this is possible...

tonyb

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, Sheva, Maldini, Kaka, Zlatan, Zola
I know it's expensive shopping in England but if we decide against Diaz as back up to hakan next year. If West Brom go down, I like matheus pereira.

Granted stats are important but sometimes you have to just notice potential before they start hitting high numbers and everyone is on them. Svanberg is another whose value would be low for what I think he could become. If we let Meite go, he'd be a cheap alternative.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I wrote a long post and forgot to add the thing that worries some the most :lol::fp:
Our pressing efficiency has dropped a lot probably because of fatigue. Just after the lock down we were pressing like crazy not allowing many teams to even come close to Donnarumma. Stealing the ball many times per game and killing it on counters. These things that are missing these past 3-4 weeks.
I know the players played a lot and we lacked many rotation options but just look at what Conte is doing. He is playing the same line-up every fucking game. Just from time to time giving some air to Brozovic or a CB/WB. The rest are all the same. Yet they look much fresher than us. Yesterday they literally did not allow Benevento to come lose to their box because they pressed like crazy all the time. Against Juventus in 3 days you will see the same line up doing the exact same thing. How could they be so much fresher than us after playing the same amount of games (talking about last 2-3 months) and using much less rotation options? Not to mention that we had games in EL when we were literally playing all our subs while they were fighting till the last minute with their starting line-up. In the same time we have times more muscle injuries than them. No idea how this is possible...

I think you?re making a lot of assumptions that aren?t necessarily true. I think Inter are rotating more than you are saying. Our pressing has dropped but so has everyone else. It?s just the nature of this compressed season. I?ll look at final third pressures and see if we?re still one of the highest in serie a, but I don?t expect a big drop.

Omar500

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka, Costacurta, Nesta, Boban, Savicevic
We are pressing the most, so that's why we have so many muscle injuries. Not only because of pressing, but because our players give their 120% almost in every game, though the whole game. We can't play calmly when we lead, maybe we lack experience. We struggle to change tempo, sometimes to keep ball. Those are some aspect of the game that I hope we will correct in the future.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Milan needs to start thinking diferently mercato wise. We dont need vice kessie, Tonali will play, we lack vice-Bennacer! A playmaker, anti pressing guy.

Tomori, lb reserve, vice Benna, Diaz new loan, free Thauvin, add 5th cb and Pobega.

Sell Laxalt, Samu, Krunic. Return Meite.

Ready for the CL imo.

Something I?ve said, the new midfielder should be technically strong because Tonali did not reach expectations on technical qualities. We no longer need ?just a DM? (What Tonali is becoming)

Keep Tomori and Brahim. Return Dalot and Meite.

Sign Thauvin and Amavi for free (or Vina?)

Add a 5th CB (Caldara?)

Last edited:

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think you?re making a lot of assumptions that aren?t necessarily true. I think Inter are rotating more than you are saying. Our pressing has dropped but so has everyone else. It?s just the nature of this compressed season. I?ll look at final third pressures and see if we?re still one of the highest in serie a, but I don?t expect a big drop.

I am too lazy to search it but I have watched like 12-13 games of Inter this season and I can tell you that Conte is using the same line up every game. Barella, Lukaku, Martinez, Bastoni, Skriniar, Hakimi have been playing all the time for the past 2 months. Just some minor rotations and they look fresh. While we struggle to breathe after the 60th minute :lol:

Last edited:

Benz_1803

classic 1994
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Milan legendary
He just replaced one player, but you need completely different mindset for Atalanta.

I hope Pioli will come up with a plan and we destroy them. It's clear, they are beatable
Lazio hurt them with overlaping lwb and rwb, i want to see us using 352 only once vs atalanta:

Kalulu--kjaer----roma/tomori
-----‐-------tonali/hakan---
Cala-benna/meite--hakan--kessie---saele

-‐----‐------------ibra/mandz---leao-----

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban

I have few things to say on this. As it is an important subject.

Inters preparator that works oftenly with Conte, is one of the best in Europe. That has to be said. Also, Conte choose the type of running machines players he wanted. Also, merda had no srs injuries so they can refresh players WHEN NEEDED.

Milan, however, had numerous oroblems. The ammount of problems we had and manager to still be 1st just prooves how goot this TEAM AND SISTEM ARE.

We had numerous covid cases, of Ibra, Rebic, Tonali, Hakan, Theo etc. Injuries of Reba, Ibra, Bennacer, Leao, Romagnoli, Kjaer, Gabbia, Saelemakers... thats A HOLE FIRAT TEAM! When one has such huge rate of absence the rest of the team suffers a lot. Its a mormal fisiological thing that the team had a dip in form, they simply cant follow that tempo...

However now he have 7 days to rest and recuperate main players, then one more week. With 2 easier games lije Crotone and Spezia, its a big opportunity to elevate the energies.

Our main players are not 100%: ibra, ante, hakan, benna, theo, kjarer... Inter or Juve would now be -10 pts if they were in our situation.

The team is doing great. I have srs doubts in athletic coaches of Pioli and medics howewer!

Bow its 2 weeks of 2 games. A huuuuge chance to get a bit sharper. They 2 weeks of "hell": zvezda, merda, zvezda, roma.

If the boyz are healthy I have faith they can do it all. No one is better then Milan now, we just beed to be fit and a bit fresher.

rocknrolla1v1

FORZA MILAN
Reaction score
Beta post of the day.

That horrific game against Lille and the most recent game against Atlanta shows me that this team is not ready for the next step and it's insane that we're still in first.

What do you guys think are we are still missing?

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Beta post of the day.

That horrific game against Lille and the most recent game against Atlanta shows me that this team is not ready for the next step and it's insane that we're still in first.

What do you guys think are we are still missing?

We are missing MilanLab being in 2020 with competent physios or w/e is causing all these injuries and fatigue. Let's not forget Atalanta rotated today and had 3 key players out that started versus us, while we had multiple key players out. That game was always an uphill battle like Juve game. Lille is the confusing one... just a shit performance.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
For those talking about Messi's contract, don't forget how much money he's probably made for Barca over his career. No one would look twice at Barca if Messi wasn't there.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Atalanta loss really good for our top 4 chances

Snap out of it. Top 4 is a given for this Milan side. We re on for the scudetto

Wtf is wrong with you

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The only takeaway from Messi’s Barcelona contract details is what a little cunt he is.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Rafael Leao is now the highest rated U21 player in Serie A per WhoScored.

216D23E1-B09D-4781-96DD-9DE17A34AF1A.jpg

Last edited:

ForzaSandro

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Snap out of it. Top 4 is a given for this Milan side. We re on for the scudetto

Wtf is wrong with you

Don't worry Neruda. The blind just can't see, can they? After all the obstacles this team has overcome this season coupled with the very humble beginnings, anything other than the scudetto is an underachievement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule