The Rumour Commode XXXI: The Panther Era

Status
Not open for further replies.

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
That game against Inter will be a 3-0 like 2011 with the Pato goal. Time to make a statement and bury them. I really believe we?re better.

They better win as its my birthday that weekend

Getting old aint no fun...but beating inter more than makes up for it :D

Sognatore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
bosnian di marzio
I just finished watching a replay due of a heavy night :b: Good win and a lot of good posts in here as well.

Pioli have a way with words as we all know and although it's just him dealing with interviewers leading questions I love the way his replies always sets a path that helps the team and its supporters respond to the different challenges that different times bring in a healthy way. In this case by underlining how high expectations are a priviledge that is earned as well as the way he didn't risk making Saele, Samu or Hauge appear less important when asked about having Rebic or Leao on the right.

Simple things that most coaches would attempt but Pioli wise as he is does is elegantly and convincingly

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Good to see Pingu has broken out of the passport based football assessment :o

What'd I do now? :(

They better win as its my birthday that weekend

Getting old aint no fun...but beating inter more than makes up for it :D

Well... let's hope watching Milan play won't age you an extra 5 years like it's done in the past decade.

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
Rafa has been serviceable as hell at CAM considering it?s not a position he ever played for us before the last two matches as far as I can recall. You know, he isn?t the workhorse that Hakan is, but I?m tempted to think he might be a better first choice backup at CAM than Diaz with how we play.

What a talent he is. 5 goals, 5 assists in 16 Serie A matches thus far. He has shown that he can play well at 3 positions in our attacking 4. What value he brings to our squad.

He really has taken a big stride forward this season :thumbsup:

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Etpx91dXUAUYMQa

Etpx-VHXAAIsn4E

And that is with Ibra missing like 9 games, Hakan missing a handful to injury/covid too.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Serious theoretical question - granted that we have 100m to spend in the summer + whatever we get from sales and Ibra extends his contract, what moves would you make on the market to strengthen first XI (not depth)?

Except RW, that one is pretty clear... let's say we fix that one with free Thauvin.

I'd confirm Tonali, Tomori. Meite too, if he performs the price is nice. On favourable terms I'd sign Diaz and Dalot as well, but I can live with seeing them go.

A good chunk will be used on the above mentioned players. Thauvin and Otavio will most likely arrive, which solidifies depth. A vice Theo if we don't sign Dalot, or maybe this Kerkez guy is an adequate backup? A lot is riding on the Ibra situation, if he wants to and is able then I guess it is Ibra and Mandzu yet again. :) I'd like to see more from Mandzu before we confirm him, but he'll come round and be a solid squad option next season. Leao is always there. Belotti seems tempting for CF, but I'm not completely sure either. Ibra looks like he can do this one more year.

I don't really know right now what other moves to make, I guess the second half of the season performance wise will tell us if we have any other big needs besides RW. Is Thauvin/Saele enough?

Last edited:

mumbojumbo

Special Guy
Reaction score
#10 should be what hakan is, at least under Padre Stefano.

The game completely changed when hakan came on.

Played the triangle with rebic and Theo for the assist for the second goal.

Assisted the third.

Assisted the fourth.

Put in the cross in the small box, ibra 1vs1 with the keeper.

Created another dangerous chance for Mario from the corner.

This is all in under 20mins.

Not to mention we dominated possession once he came on.

This is hakan il dio costa

I agree. Hakan is becoming instrumental player. He totally deserves #10.

Sognatore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
bosnian di marzio
I was thinking our corners looked like shit then I remembered Hakan wasn't on the pitch yet

I wonder if Tomori can score headers from 1m

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Serious theoretical question - granted that we have 100m to spend in the summer + whatever we get from sales and Ibra extends his contract, what moves would you make on the market to strengthen first XI (not depth)?

Except RW, that one is pretty clear... let's say we fix that one with free Thauvin.
I really think we shouldnt spend too much next season & save for a kick ass ST when we need to replace Ibra.

Firstly Samu , Dalot & Krunic to fuck off.

Vice Theo if we sold Lax or else keep him.

Tomo redeemed or else we go for a bargain CD because i trust Kalu & Gabbia.

Meite for 10mil is a no brainer if he proved himself.

Thauvin RW rotated with Sale.

Otavio is no brainer for free as a vice Hakan so i wont pay 20-25mil for Diaz.
Otavio even played CM , LM & even RM for Porto.

So if Ibra renew & we delayed replacing him then a CD is the only money we need to spend.
Tomo need to prove he is world class for us to pay 30mil.

If Tona continue to be meh then i would cut off our losses & spend money on Renato.

So a ST is the only player where i think we should spend our budget since the RW will be solved by Thauvin.

This team is shaping up nicely with smart moves by Maldini.

Last edited:

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
This team rose from the ashes in Bergamo and will lift the scudetto there at the end of the season.

Sheva0172

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Maldini, Pippo, Nesta
I really think we shouldnt spend too much next season & save for a kick ass ST when we need to replace Ibra.

Firstly,Samu , Dalot & Krunic to fuck off.

Otavio even played CM , LM & even RW for Porto.

So if Ibra renew & we delayed replacing him then a CD is the only money we need to spend.

If Tona continue to be meh then i would cut off our losses & spend money on Renato.

So a ST is the only play where i think we should spend our budget since the RW will be solved by Thauvin.

This team is shapping up nicely with smart moves by Maldini.
Very nice plan and all but Hakan and/or Dollar not extending fucks up these plans.

VillaiN

Milan Veteran
Reaction score

Icardi for 50 or beloti for 35. Ibra and mandzo are way too slow and old for CL. We ll get overrun. Im not sure mandzo ll stay. Seriaa, cl and coppa? We ll need some1 else for rotation.
Thauvin and Otavio? Sure.
Also mkhytarian ll be free agent. Do we have postion for him? Hakan rotation? Would he accept it? Are his wages big?
Redem Tomori and Tonali in payments.
Extend Dalot loan ir send him back. Send back Diaz if we get Otavio.
Im sure maldini ll find sone other loans.

Also i have feeling Benacer ll be sold this summer. He s way too much injury prone for his style of play.

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
And with Kalu able to pull RB & CD and if we needed to hit the market for a CD or a LB then a smart move would be getting a player who can play CD/LB specially if he is young like Kalu.
Ability to play both will result in more minutes which is essential for progress of young players.

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
Id invest into Thauvin for free, vice Theo is Palmeiras guy for 8mln, I think 15mln this year goes for Tonali, CB around 25 (Tomori or else). Then Id bring one DM but who is a technical and anti pressing player. Meite can go back. Player like Gundogan...someone who is on the level of first 11. Then extend Diaz loan, if not sign Porto cam.

Ideally I world sign Vlasic, Im repeating again he will be a great player and is very versatile.

So...CB, lb, rw, playmaker and Diaz.

In a year sign milanista Belotti for free, it's a must

Il grande Milan

Honey, I'm home
Reaction score

So a ST is the only player where i think we should spend our budget since the RW will be solved by Thauvin.

Cant mandzukic do this, if he gains some more playing time again and finds his old form?

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Also something to add about Thauvin.
He is a right winger ofcourse.
But he played many times behind a ST & he scored & assisted there.
So we will have versatility with Leao , Thauvin & Otavio who are able to play multiple positions.
The skill mix is insane with speed , dribbles & creativity.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Lord Silva scored yet again
But that doesn't stop n00bz from screaming for the chicken guy :head:
Good to see Pingu has broken out of the passport based football assessment :o
It's okay, we got Rebic in return who scored twice today and he's not even playing CF

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
What'd I do now? :(
I am praising you bird :rolleyes:

Excellent :thumbsup:
Naturally that kick ass striker is not Belotti :o
:lol:
Icardi for 50 or beloti for 35. Ibra and mandzo are way too slow and old for CL. We ll get overrun. Im not sure mandzo ll stay. Seriaa, cl and coppa? We ll need some1 else for rotation.
Thauvin and Otavio? Sure.
Also mkhytarian ll be free agent. Do we have postion for him? Hakan rotation? Would he accept it? Are his wages big?
Redem Tomori and Tonali in payments.
Extend Dalot loan ir send him back. Send back Diaz if we get Otavio.
Im sure maldini ll find sone other loans.

Also i have feeling Benacer ll be sold this summer. He s way too much injury prone for his style of play.
:thumbsup:
I am not so sure about Belotti
At 27 with only one + 20 goal season....I am not sure he's Milan material. He has a lot more good tools for sure ... But is he really that guy?

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Cant mandzukic do this, if he gains some more playing time again and finds his old form?
Lets be real now.
I love Mandz for he is but he is 35 years old.
If he kicked ass this season then i would keep him as a vice Ibra , vice Leao if Ibra left & Leao took over or vice who ever we sign as a starter ST.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I still see Leao as the natural successor of Zlatan. Zlatan won't renew if he doesn't feel like being the starter for another season. But whatever he'll decide, once he's gone Leao should have grown and learned enough to take over with dignity.

Mandzu in the meantime can be around too, covering holes wherever they occur.

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I still see Leao as the natural successor of Zlatan. Zlatan won't renew if he doesn't feel like being the starter for another season. But whatever he'll decide, once he's gone Leao should have grown and learned enough to take over with dignity.

Would love that & then our job will be even easier since we will need a vice Rebic rather than starting ST.
We will hope Hauge established himself & Otavio can be that also.
Will shift majority of the budget to buy a world class CD.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score

I see no reason for Ibra to leave. (Apart that he wants to join his family). Mandzu will never replace Ibra.

Status
Not open for further replies.