The Rumour Commode XXXI: The Panther Era

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
I'm probably the most sorry about saying this but the magic is wearing off with this team...
Lets hope that at most it's just bad form

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Exactly my thoughts and feelings. Banter era Milan on full display. Fuck everyone that said crowds don't affect this team. They are mentally weak. A bunch of micropenises on the field today. Embarrassing!

This reads like a Trump tweet.

Calm down.

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
btw how fucking bad is Romagnoli :fp:

and dont give me shit, he should've bossed in defence against these amateurs

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I'm probably the most sorry about saying this but the magic is wearing off with this team...
Lets hope that at most it's just bad form
Don't be that kind of fan. Don't abandon ship once the team is facing a bad period of form. It's easy to be a fan when you win 21 games in a row. But it's now that we, the real fans, need to stay close to our players, cheer them up and even louder and more proudly than ever before.

They earned our support. They hella did. It's time to pay back some of it by standing by them especially when things aren't working out.

Dai, forza!

stevan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
We will pull out of this bad spell but Roma has to be sold at the end of the season. He has been horrible this year.

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
Don't be that kind of fan. Don't abandon ship once the team is facing a bad period of form. It's easy to be a fan when you win 21 games in a row. But it's now that we, the real fans, need to stay close to our players, cheer them up and even louder and more proudly than ever before.

They earned our support. They hella did. It's time to pay back some of it by standing by them especially when things aren't working out.

Dai, forza!

I'll be the last man on earth to abondon this club. I'll bring the holy colors of red and black into my death and grave, literally.

I dont know where in post did you see an indication of me leaving this team. All I say is I see the Pioli magic is wearing off and hoping that it's just bad form

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Romagnoli is what he is and Kjaer is falling apart physically.

Roma just seems old for his age, like his body is letting him down already too.

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The team’s back is against the wall, and there’s no choice now but to dig in and fight or the whole season could be in danger of being upside down by next weekend.

Pioli has to start playing the same XI match in and match out until our form returns IMO.

Hoping as Mr Milanista said this is a form issue, not the cataclysm some are seeing. We will learn a lot about Pioli and this squad in the next 10 days.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
I'm not worried in the least. The Mandzukic gamble failed though. Who knows....he might sneak in a troll goal in the derby and that might be the spark we need :cool:

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Where's Pigeon to give us Romagnoli's stats for this game?

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I'll be the last man on earth to abondon this club. I'll bring the holy colors of red and black into my death and grave, literally.

I dont know where in post did you see an indication of me leaving this team. All I say is I see the Pioli magic is wearing off and hoping that it's just bad form
Cool bro!

I wouldn't see it as some kind of magic from Pioli that is wearing off. That's the part I interpreted as you saying "nah here we go again."

Going through a bad form happens to every team. Literally. This team is doing so much things wrong right now that we used to do well for months and months. I'm very confident we'll get back to that. Don't loose hope, even if we loose against Inter and Roma (which would piss me off too, make no mistake).

But there are still so many games to be played. Inter lost the Derby against us and are nevertheless one point ahead of us. Roma lost the Derby against Lazio badly and still is there 3rd in the table right behind us. Sometimes even when things look bad they can change very quickly in the course of a few weeks.

More than ever before it's important to stay supportive to our players. All those other posts from other users about "pussy mentality" or "Pioli out" and so on, they don't deserve the joy of a winning Milan if they are not ready to go through the bad days as well.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
btw how fucking bad is Romagnoli :fp:

and dont give me shit, he should've bossed in defence against these amateurs

Hes trash. Always been. Hes a lazio defender at best

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
I hope there is no hamstring tear for Bennacer. It would take more weeks to recover. Hopefully a minor injury.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Cool bro!

I wouldn't see it as some kind of magic from Pioli that is wearing off. That's the part I interpreted as you saying "nah here we go again."

Going through a bad form happens to every team. Literally. This team is doing so much things wrong right now that we used to do well for months and months. I'm very confident we'll get back to that. Don't loose hope, even if we loose against Inter and Roma (which would piss me off too, make no mistake).

But there are still so many games to be played. Inter lost the Derby against us and are nevertheless one point ahead of us. Roma lost the Derby against Lazio badly and still is there 3rd in the table right behind us. Sometimes even when things look bad they can change very quickly in the course of a few weeks.

More than ever before it's important to stay supportive to our players. All those other posts from other users about "pussy mentality" or "Pioli out" and so on, they don't deserve the joy of a winning Milan if they are not ready to go through the bad days as well.

Very good post.

This team is different. We won't fall apart, not this group. I think Ibra will decide the derby yet again, mark this post.

If no one is going to mention it I will: Tonali looked great today and I'm really looking forward to seeing him and Kessie in the derby.

Last edited:

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Not trying to be ? negative ? as some here would start to cry. But i would be surprised to win the derby

Lets hope for the best

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Not trying to be ? negative ? as some here would start to cry. But i would be surprised to win the derby

Lets hope for the best

Isn't that always a somewhat pleasant surprise? 50/50 game, didn't take that for granted at any point during my fanhood.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
I don't think Romagnoli is anywhere as near bad, not even average, as some of you make him out to be. He's a good to great CB but he's never taken that step to become a top player. He can make horrible mistakes that cost us dearly like today for the PK. He is SLOW, like really slow. It's so detrimental to him. And, as I said, he's never taken that step to the next level. Sometimes he looks like a top CB, sometimes like Paletta in disguise. Having a fast CB like Tomori beside him to recover if he's beaten can help, but it doesn't take away his flaws. He's an oldschool CB and not "modern" for what our team requires to a degree.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Pioli to Sky:

On the match: “The desire has nothing to do with it [the result]. There was a lack of quality to score the third goal. We deserved to win, in numerical superiority we could not concede anything to them. We controlled the game, even though we made mistakes, we created a lot. We were quite compact, we allowed set pieces. We had the victory in hand, we had to find the third goal. In any case, a good result for the return. We need to analyse our matches well and raise the level of performance, it is an important moment of the season and we have important commitments. We can do better.”

On Bennacer's injury: “The really sore point is his relapse. We thought we had done everything to be safe, but instead he felt something. Too bad, he’s a boy who was growing up and now he’s sorry that he has to stop again.”

On the possibility of a problem regarding repeated injuries: “No, a broader evaluation must be made. Months ago we had a lot of injuries and some players spent a lot. We must rediscover the condition of those who have returned and manage others. Physically we are fine.”

At the end we talk about the Milan-Inter derby on Sunday: “The derbies have always been even and with goals, I think those who manage to concede less will have more chances of winning. We have our qualities, they have theirs. The challenge comes at the right time, we want to be ready.”

Tonali to Sky:

“It was certainly a game that we are disappointed with because of the way it went. We know we could have closed it and we could have managed it better. We will put aside disappointment knowing that 2-2 is a result that can be good for the second leg. Now let’s get our heads in the derby knowing that we are playing it 100%.”

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
I don't think Romagnoli is anywhere as near bad, not even average, as some of you make him out to be. He's a good to great CB but he's never taken that step to become a top player. He can make horrible mistakes that cost us dearly like today for the PK. He is SLOW, like really slow. It's so detrimental to him. And, as I said, he's never taken that step to the next level. Sometimes he looks like a top CB, sometimes like Paletta in disguise. Having a fast CB like Tomori beside him to recover if he's beaten can help, but it doesn't take away his flaws. He's an oldschool CB and not "modern" for what our team requires to a degree.

Old school CB's usually stick close, knock their opponents down and use aggression and inch perfect timing to dominate their opponents though. Also this issue is similar to Tonali, the price-tag (in this case the salary and that he is captain) is brining far more criticism.

I never had much issue with him before this season; I expected him to take that step with the team as they ascended but he has regressed and has been exposed plenty. I lost it in the Genoa game last December and now I just hope he will turn in acceptable performances and not be the glaring weak link as I doubt he will be benched.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
I usually agree with Pioli's assessment but not tonight. We afforded them too much and showed no real control once we gained the numerical advantage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule