The Rumour Commode XXXI: The Panther Era

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liedholm

sugondese
Reaction score
underdogs usually perform in the derby. also romagnolol can fuck off at the end of the season. his performance cant justify cocky goal celebration.

Benz_1803

classic 1994
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Milan legendary
This match confirmed the suspicions from the Spezia game. Bennacer and Hakan are terribly out of shape and their bad performances had very little to do with extraordinary man-marking and defending from Spezia.

Red Star were a mess. They were being ripped apart by Krunic and Tonali. And yet Bennacer and Hakan didn't manage to do a single thing right in this game either.
Teams haven't recently found a way to deal with them - they've always known that those two have crucial roles in our system. Press resistance and versatility are their strengths. You can't block those kind of players out of games unless they do half the job for you.
They're just very, very bad at the moment to a point where they're crippling us. Bennacer had been away for a long time, and this latest setback suggests he hadn't even recovered.
Hakan was in such a bad state after COVID that he didn't begin training with the group again until several days after the negative test results. For comparison, Rebic was playing against Atalanta just 2 days after the club's official statement.

As for tonight's game, the first half performance was a lot better than expected, although Mandzukic disappointed.
We're so much better and prettier to look at with Rebic.
Tonali provided the energy that Bennacer and Meite were lacking.
Kalulu had a pretty bad start to the game, apart from his involvement in one of the disallowed goals, but he improved and showed that Dalot should never start ahead of him.
I'm loving Tomori more and more.

Then Leao came on for Rebic and made it look like the Spezia game all over again.
Lethargy, no organization...our attack went to shit. Theo had to compensate for the front 4 again, and he dived us back into a lead.

2-2 against Red Star away, with your reserves and some starters that weren't risking anything before the derby, is not a bad result.
But losing a lead to a team that's one man down is always embarrassing and infuriating, although with Leao in this mood it was more like 10vs10.
He came on just to walk around, more than the usual - probably to avoid fatigue or injuries before the derby. Hopefully he won't start.
Agree 90% of it, but last night tomori lack physical presence tbh, he is decent but not dominant as kjaer 2020. I hope mmm buy that 193cm spezia cb (croatian?) if we dont redeem tomori or maybe better let go rogma'speed0'li.

If we fail with hakan zlatan, maybe start rebic krunic mandz again will ease pressure. Thy are 100% fit and play better atm.

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
Agree 90% of it, but last night tomori lack physical presence tbh, he is decent but not dominant as kjaer 2020. I hope mmm buy that 193cm spezia cb (croatian?) if we dont redeem tomori or maybe better let go rogma'speed0'li.

If we fail with hakan zlatan, maybe start rebic krunic mandz again will ease pressure. Thy are 100% fit and play better atm.

Sorry but Krunic shoulnt be allowed to be anywhere near the first 11. Have you forgotten how dreadful he was whenever he played in serie a? :fp:
Regardless how out of form Hakan is, he's still MILES better then Krunic and offers much more defensively as well.
Rebic has to play every single game, Mandzukic and Ibra can easily share minutes, just no more RW Mario

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Not afraid of a collapse, thats why we have players like ibra, mandzo, kjaer...

Veterans should calm the boys.

Also i know pioli will try different stuff.

He is no wc coach but he is also not a stubborn mule.

Rebic should always start at lw IF we want to press. There is no way around it.

Capitano is making it harder for himself with every passing game.

Snek is wc.

Also we need to stop with this endless rotation.

Forza Milan!

Shiby

Bandwagon hopper
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah, Albertini, Maldini, Nesta, Becks
I really like simple and stupid analyzes that lead to totally plausible conclusions.

The 5-6 games before the Spezia one were not played good but that was mainly down to injuries and we were still winning most of them. Vs Spezia however (and this game vs Red Star) I find it totally possible that the team was overconfident of winning both games and just set their sights on Inter instead. I mean, Spezia and Red Star ARE teams that you should win against, but you always have some kind of preperation for them anyway. I believe they all went against their own philosophy of taking it one game at a time, always preparing for the upcoming game but just let lose and shifted all focus onto Inter because they thought they'd cruise over Spezia and Red Star. Spezia especially, there is no chance they can play that way against a bigger team like us. Ok if they win and are dangerous but not dominating the way they did. Only misfocus, putting your mind into a whole nother game and no preperation can make you play the way we did vs Spezia. Once we went into the game believing we'll just cruise over them and then witness the domination they had over us we went into shock and no chance of fighting back. An embarrasing misjudgement if this is the case.

"Just decide and play better" is a tactical solution that will surely get us out of this mess.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The most prominent factor in the last 2 games is Bennacer, he is lightyears from being in a decent form and hurts our midfield a lot.

He should be benched for at least a month and slowly groomed back into form with 20min cameos.

Nevermore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The most prominent factor in the last 2 games is Bennacer, he is lightyears from being in a decent form and hurts our midfield a lot.

He should be benched for at least a month and slowly groomed back into form with 20min cameos.

Ben is injured again, right thigh flexor

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Tomori to Sky Sports News:

On his time at Milan so far: “I feel part of the project. I’m trying to make the most of this experience, to be myself, to learn the language and to understand it. Here everything is much more tactical, we need to think more and be more careful to position,. In England the game is faster. Like when a goalkeeper catches a ball and then suddenly there are forwards and wings pressing hard. Here in Italy it is a little slower. There are many more cases where you are one on one and you have to always know where the ball is. Some things are different and it takes time to get used to.”

On his debut in the Coppa Italia against Inter: “I didn’t think my debut in Milan could take place in the Milan derby. Before the match, I thought of all the times I would see the matches between Milan and Inter on TV. To make my debut in the Milan derby was not something I thought would happen. We went to the stadium, I saw the fans with huge flags singing and cheering. You could feel all their passion. When the coach told me to warm up I was a bit nervous and it doesn’t happen often, but it was fantastic to play that game.”

On Sunday’s derby: “The two teams are in the first two places in the league standings, it will be a very intense game. Too bad that due to the Coronavirus there will be no fans, but we hope to win and get back to the top of the standings.”

On the Milan call: “I was at home and my agent told me about the Milan call. It was a surreal moment, I felt that the AC Milan wanted me strongly and this made me even more eager to come.”

On playing with Ibrahimovic: “He is fantastic for me, he has a great personality and he is a legend in football. He is a leader who makes his voice heard on the pitch, he is motivating and encouraging. If he has arrived he has certain levels, just see the way he talks and plays. I’ve been here for a few weeks, but I see he’s always focused, determined and motivated. Seeing him up close is different and it’s really fascinating.”

On life in Italy: “I’ve always liked the idea of ​​going to play in a different country, so it wasn’t a big mental shock. I always thought it would be a good experience. I’m having fun, obviously I can’t see my family so much, but luckily I can talk to them on FaceTime.”

In the first weeks at Milan: “I was welcomed with open arms and I feel comfortable with the team. There is still a long way to go and we hope to be able to do something special, so all our names will go down in history.”

Theo to DAZN:

On the upcoming derby: “In Milan all derbies are important but it is true that this will perhaps be more. Real Madrid? I didn’t think they would let us [Theo and Hakimi] go that easily but if you don’t play you have to make your own choices. Hakimi is an incredible player, I know him personally, he’s a good guy and a friend. I won’t tell him anything, on the pitch we are all enemies. I expect a hard and intense match but I think we will have a good match. I am not afraid of anyone and my team-mates are not afraid either. We will play our game to win. Lightning and on the wing? When I start in my head there is the idea of ​​going to score.

Maldini recently said that Theo’s target should be to become one of the three strongest full-backs in the world, the the 22-year-old agrees: “I think so too, with the work I’m doing I deserve it, I hope that one day this moment will come. Who are the strongest full backs right now? I only look at myself, it will be up to people to give their own judgment.”

On the fight for the Scudetto: “At the moment we work every day and see how it will turn out. Having Ibra in the team is certainly a plus, what impresses is his physique, he’s 39 years old and it’s incredible. Even how it helps on the pitch. Is he a pain in the ass in training? A lot. When we miss a pass he tells us that we have to give more but the truth is that he is a great person, a great companion. It is true that he sometimes reproaches us, but it is right that he do so, that he tell us what we must do.”

Finally, Theo confirmed that the phone call celebration he used in a game earlier in the season was a message to Didier Deschamps: “Was the exultation of the telephone related to this? Yes, I’m working hard to get called up.”

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Again last night's game confirmed my worries about big dip in form. Yes, there were many rotations but yet again we did not look good. Created some good chances, but also allowed Zvezda to do it too. They are Bologna level team at best and we still found a way to make look like an equal game. What's more, when they had a man sent off instead of killing the tie with a 3rd goal, we arrogantly decided to not even try to score a goal. Instead we were exchanging passes at the back and Donnarumma was actually wasting time :fp: And the cherry of the pie was the equalizer in the last second :lol:

Not optimistic at all for the derby. After than we have Roma, Udinese, Verona, Napoli, Fiorentina, Sampdoria. We can well be outside of top 4 around the 30th round if we don't improve immediately. Can't see us getting more than 10 points out of these 7 games with the current form.

Rossonero81

The Little Red Rooster
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Giusy Meloni
Again last night's game confirmed my worries about big dip in form. Yes, there were many rotations but yet again we did not look good. Created some good chances, but also allowed Zvezda to do it too. They are Bologna level team at best and we still found a way to make look like an equal game. What's more, when they had a man sent off instead of killing the tie with a 3rd goal, we arrogantly decided to not even try to score a goal. Instead we were exchanging passes at the back and Donnarumma was actually wasting time :fp: And the cherry of the pie was the equalizer in the last second :lol:

Not optimistic at all for the derby. After than we have Roma, Udinese, Verona, Napoli, Fiorentina, Sampdoria. We can well be outside of top 4 around the 30th round if we don't improve immediately. Can't see us getting more than 10 points out of these 7 games with the current form.

A lot will depend on the upcoming derby. It's a make or break kind of game. If we lose, we'll be black and blue (no pun intended). If we win, the confidence will be back and form will follow.

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
He's a good to great CB but he's never taken that step to become a top player.
He was mostly decent with some shit game & good one.
He was never great.
I wouldnt mind him as a rotational CD with 1.5-2 mil salary but he doesnt deserve to a captain nor a starter.
Not when a grandpa like Kjaer or new arival like Tomo playing better & certainly not when kids like Kalu or Gabbia providing same ups n downs as him.
Honestly he isnt better than all the above.

I'd change Saele for Samu
How about no.

One ejaculating prematurely, the other can't even allow themselves to get a boner not to be disappointed.
That is actually accurate & funny :lol:
Love it.

Last edited:

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
his performance cant justify cocky goal celebration.
Oh that was a beauty.
Idiot acted like he won us scudetto.
Its like people were saying he can never scores.
You scored , still a meh CD.

Last edited:

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
I will cry if we don't activate Tomoris option.

Rossonero81

The Little Red Rooster
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Giusy Meloni
I don't understand all the fuzz about Romagnoli. Maybe a lot of people expected too much from him or his development. He's a decent defender, but nowhere near top class. He's been a constant factor in the last five years and that's why his place has been undisputed up until this season.

It is becoming a problem that he's the captain. There are other players more deserving and more suitable to wear the armband. But once you take it off him, there's no going back. I believe that management will wait until the summer to make such an important decision.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
I don't understand all the fuzz about Romagnoli. Maybe a lot of people expected too much from him or his development. He's a decent defender, but nowhere near top class. He's been a constant factor in the last five years and that's why his place has been undisputed up until this season.

It is becoming a problem that he's the captain. There are other players more deserving and more suitable to wear the armband. But once you take it off him, there's no going back. I believe that management will wait until the summer to make such an important decision.

With Maldini we have seemed more and more harmonious. We don't do drastic things. Axing Ale as captain is such a thing, combined with his contract situation. We can't sell him in the summer with one year left of his contract, that would be moronic considering his value. What will his new wage be?

I'm sure they've talked about it but it's a long way from being a priority with Gigio and Hakans deals still hanging in the air. Strengthening the team further is also higher on the list than solving the Romagnoli situation. It will be very interesting to see how it's handled. He has no claim on a 5-6m contract outside of the captain argument.

Last edited:

Fabio

U mirin brah?
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Cafu, Ronaldinho, Pato, Dida, Gattuso, Balotelli, Borini, Honda, Saelemaekers
The only reason roma is still starting is because he is the captain.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The only reason roma is still starting is because he is the captain.

Yeah because we have a better defender ... Tomori can become the best CB out of all we have but there is some way to go and its not like Kjaer isn't struggling the last weeks, far more than Roma. Roma is rightfully a permanent starter and the captain.

Current defensive problems are largely rooted in midfield. Kessie and Tonali are irreplaceable as long as Bennacer is fucked and even the two are struggling with fatigue and injuries. Hakan?s health on top of that is the final nail in the coffin.

Also about the armband, because some mention Donna as possible captain, just see how many cards he picks up as a GK, give him the armband and he'll get sent off every few months.

Shiby

Bandwagon hopper
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah, Albertini, Maldini, Nesta, Becks

You are clearly ignoring the main problem and trying to brush it off like its just a lapse in concentration. Its not and we havent been at our best for a while now. This needs to be addressed with utmost concern.

You also arent giving credit to Spezia, they beat Napoli, drew Atalanta and should drew Roma.

But people here need to get their shit in order. Acting like we are 12th in the standing and the season is lost is laughable and disrespectful to the team.

Last edited:

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Yeah because we have a better defender ... Tomori can become the best CB out of all we have but there is some way to go and its not like Kjaer isn't struggling the last weeks, far more than Roma. Roma is rightfully a permanent starter and the captain.

Current defensive problems are largely rooted in midfield. Kessie and Tonali are irreplaceable as long as Bennacer is fucked and even the two are struggling with fatigue and injuries. Hakan?s health on top of that is the final nail in the coffin.

Also about the armband, because some mention Donna as possible captain, just see how many cards he picks up as a GK, give him the armband and he'll get sent off every few months.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
What goal was that he scored?

tenor.gif

Omar500

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka, Costacurta, Nesta, Boban, Savicevic
Few things to say

- Krunic was miles better than Bennacer or Hakan last two games....those two players are not ready at all. Ofc, I'm not saying that Krunci is something special, but he dominated yesterday.

- Kessie and Tonali must play in derby against shinter

- Romagnoli is disgrace, it is such a shame that he is captain of the squad. We must find a way to give armband to Donnarumma and Calabria. I would sell Romagnoli even for 35. Buy Tomori and one more CB.

- Mandzukic is raw af

- Leao should play as ST, and as a LW only as a sub when we chase result.

- I think that we could easily drop off to 5th position in the next month, I'm afraid. It's not beta mentality, but our squad is crumbling. I hope we will beat Inter, it would be huge morale boost for our team. We need to give our 200%

How to finance two CBs? Get for free Thauvin and Otavio, so you have more funds for defense.

Omar500

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka, Costacurta, Nesta, Boban, Savicevic
And it seems that we would need another vice Kessie. Meite is not that level, not even close. It's great deal for half of this season, because it is cheap loan.

So a lot of work in front of Maldini and Massara. And if Ibra leaves, we would need striker also, someone like Belotti.

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
You are clearly ignoring the main problem and trying to brush it off like its just a lapse in concentration. Its not and we havent been at our best for a while now. This needs to be addressed with utmost concern.

You also arent giving credit to Spezia, they beat Napoli, drew Atalanta and should drew Roma.

No, that is just bad reading comprehension and the inability to understand the deeper point.

Also, no you're wrong about me not giving credit to Spezia. As I said it's understandable if they win and are dangerous (just like vs Napoli Atalanta Roma) but the complete domination? No. That happens when you believe you'll easily just cruise over them and then go into shock mode. Once you're into shock mode it's hard to recover. Unless you actually believe Spezia should win and dominate the way they did against us, that they have the competence to do so.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
i will need to watch him more time.
looks good 1on1 but sometimes he leaves position and nobody covers it (judging situation wrong? midfielders/rb no cover?)

There was some misunderstanding between Kalulu & Tomori in the first half vs Red Star, but they will improve when they play more.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score

We allowed because once again we were giving the ball easily:

Pass accuracy:

Mandzukic 53%
Rebic 69%
Kalulu 73%
Theo 74%

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule