The Rumour Commode XXXI: The Panther Era

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omar500

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka, Costacurta, Nesta, Boban, Savicevic
Unpopular opinions: Leao was today better than Ibra. Krunic was great in improvised 4-3-3 formation. And Tonali is solid, he is great in defensive department, and thrives often to the opponents goal. He has a lot of room to improve

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score

delonte_west.jpg

Cuban picked him off the streets recently, glad to hear he?s doing wel

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Pioli:

On the match: “I told the team that two negative games cannot make us lose the confidence we built together for over a year. We hoped to do better over the last two weeks, but the fact we didn’t should just give us more motivation. Our first half was extraordinary, we could’ve scored more goals. It was a game with a high tempo and intensity, the kind we like to play. It was up against a very strong Roma side, so conceding a goal can happen, but the lads deserve praise.”

On Tomori starting: “I expected this performance, because Tomori played a derby a couple of days after joining us, so he’s been at this level from the start. I still believe it’s the collective that allows the individual to perform and all together we won a very important match. Roma have players with a lot of pace and quality in attack, so we knew that we were taking a risk, but we also recovered more balls in the opposition half – finally – and were therefore more dangerous in attack. It’s about weighing up the costs and benefits of an approach, and this approach is giving us more benefits.”

On the squad: “We are still a young team, we cannot have all the nous that a more mature side can put into a game. There is some naivete, but we have 17 more points in the table than at this stage last season, we’re in the Europa League Round of 16 and have played more games than anyone else. I don’t forget we are the youngest squad in Serie A. We were fully aware that we weren’t ourselves against Spezia and Inter.”

On possible injuries: “They were all muscular problems, at the moment they seem more down to fatigue than strains, but we’ll see what the tests say tomorrow. It’s a decisive moment for our season and we hope they are not serious, as we need everyone at our disposal.”

On the season so far: “I think this just proves that football is a strange old world. If we had told someone a year ago that we’d be in second place, then people would not have believed us. We know where we started, we know the objectives we started the season with and the path we have to take. I can assure you, four teams will be very happy to be in the top four and the rest will be very unhappy. So we hope to be happy. We raised expectations by doing so well for so long, we realise that.”

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho

Tomori's interception is even more impressive when you look at it the 2nd time. He barely had a fraction of a sec to anticipate what Pellegrini is going to do. This kind of reaction is innate, you can't really teach it. Capitano doesn't have it

This defending is what raise the team spirit. All for one, one for all.

Agree. I think the way we won the game will boost team spirit and we can go on a strong run again, granted that injuries are not serious. We need today's Rebic really bad.

Unpopular opinions: Leao was today better than Ibra.

Lol, based on what? Ibra wasn't great, but at least got involved and close to scoring. Even helped out defending corners and sometimes pressuring opponents.

Having that said, I think we should start post-Zlatan plan in the summer and get a proper replacement, although I'd keep him for 1 more year just for the character.

Also, although I support this youth project, I think we'd really benefit from getting 1-2 more players that have actually won something important. Kjaer is a great leader, but he has won shit. I think Ramos is a cunt, but I'd welcome him for 1-2 years as Romagnoli replacement.

Someone like David Silva would've been great. Maybe a DM who's won CL/WC to rotate Kessie? Any good candidates out there for free/cheap?

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Tremendous win. Let us give thanks to PigeonSheva that sacrificed his life for this

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Leao was way too pedestrian in a lot of phases of the match.

It’s okay to have patience, the criticism towards him is warranted today

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Tomori's interception is even more impressive when you look at it the 2nd time. He barely had a fraction of a sec to anticipate what Pellegrini is going to do. This kind of reaction is innate, you can't really teach it. Capitano doesn't have it

He dives for the block before Pellegrini even kicks the ball. :eek:

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Thank you Frank Lampard.

English fans are gonna be mad about this :lol:

Maybe we can rotate Romagnoli with Kj?r now

We can rotate him with both, but Gabbia and Kalulu should also get minutes. I have more faith in them for the long-term. Kjaer-Tomori for all big games though

Omar500

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka, Costacurta, Nesta, Boban, Savicevic
English fans are gonna be mad about this :lol:

We can rotate him with both, but Gabbia and Kalulu should also get minutes. I have more faith in them for the long-term. Kjaer-Tomori for all big games though

Long term, I hope that Gabbia can replace Romagnoli, and that Kalulu can be great vice-Tomori. Heck, maybe Kalulu can play in first 11. But if we have even a little chance to get Ramos, that would be phenomenal. Get him, sell Romagnoli for 25. Two year contract, give him Ibra's wage. Let Maldini do negotiations :D

And from next season, I really hope that we would be dangerous from the right side. I have a feeling that Calabria scored more goals than Samu or Saele. :lol:

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
He dives for the block before Pellegrini even kicks the ball. :eek:

Tonali does too, but he can see the movement. Judging by the timing and where he was looking, I don't think Tomori saw it, more intuition.

Regarding his shoulder-to-shoulder interception, where Roma claimed to have been a PK. An important thing there, if you noticed, is that Kjaer ventured really high to apply pressure. It didn't work out for the best this time, but it is important to do it more often... and knowing that you can count on your partner to cover your back, I think Kjaer can improve his game too and be more aggressive, rather than sit back and wait for attackers to come at you.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
#Ibrahimovic(left adductor)#Calhanoglu (left flexor) muscle grievances. For #Rebic hip problem

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Btw, weren't long passes supposed to be Tonali's biggest asset? Why isn't Pioli asking him to try those more?

Kjaer does it sometimes and it's usually a surprise to the opponent. Also, wanna see more fullback to fullback / winger long diagonal passes. Seems like we're playing too safe sometimes, need to add some of these unexpected aspects to the game.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
My fellow Americans have never understood the popularity of football. There are billions upon billions of football fans compared to around a billion basketball fans and maybe a couple hundred million American football fans.

Americans have an America > everything else attitude. It?s the same attitude basically every super power in history has had from Rome to the British Empire on down to America. It?s not a good thing and I?m not defending it, when your country is top dog you tend to assume the things Americans like are the biggest thing in the world, because for most of our lives America was a colossus.

What Ibrahimovic said about Lebron is ridiculous. James is by no means perfect, and in fact came across as extremely hypocritical when he cucked for the reprehensible Chinese government, but he has done a lot of good for people and no one should ever be discouraged from trying to make the world a better place.

giphy.gif

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Anyone know why Hauge has been pretty much iced out of matches?

I know Krunic played well today but it paints me to see him or Mandzukic play over Hauge

mazurxiii

Primavera
Reaction score
If Tomori develops into more than good defender - its easy over 100 ml € transfer to some big EPL club for us. If we want to sell him ofc.

omer486

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Anyone know why Hauge has been pretty much iced out of matches?

I know Krunic played well today but it paints me to see him or Mandzukic play over Hauge

Hauge is better than Krunic when the team is trying to score. Krunic is better defensively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule