The Rumour Commode XXXI: The Panther Era

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tantalis

Heyoka
Reaction score
Being human?

Human, naturally.

Also very emo. We lost I'm so depressed and devasted. :(( Get a grip. Disappointed..fine. depressed? If true go get help and stop watching something that makes you depressed. It's a dangerous thing to perpetuate and not something to exaggerate.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
What a surprise. Too scared to punish them all so they'll make excuses for the EPL clubs and one half of the El Clasico duo. The tournament can do without RM and Juve for a year or two - and most certainly also Inter and Milan.
Napoli, Roma and Lazio will happily take their spots, and Italians will watch it on TV.
This will be more about Ceferin's ego, personal beefs and making examples, than punishing every guilty part.

But it seems Milan/Elliot have already decided how to deal with it.
Gazidis will be the fall guy. Milan will be represented by Maldini, the UCL legend that had no part in it.

I like this arrangement honestly.

Maldini can mend the relations. Gazidis takes the fall.

But at this point we are probably stuck playing the UEFA system.

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
We're not a normal business... we're a football club. Businessmen are not welcome in football... that was the message that was echoed across Europe on Monday.

Jesus Christ :fp:

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
We're not a normal business... we're a football club. Businessmen are not welcome in football... that was the message that was echoed across Europe on Monday.

See, if you say, "Super League had its flaws, that's why people were hesitant to join", that'd be a pretty reasonable stance.

I'm sure you are just being facetious :cool:

LocalHero80

The other side of Ba
Reaction score
reading Ceferin's lines makes me think he's the most disgusting and spiteful human being among the living lol and that he's never been loved by mom and dad

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Agree except I don't think Gazidis will actually leave (yet). Maldini may be promoted to a bigger role to be the face now, while Gazidis lurks in the shadows. If he hadn't resigned by this point then I'm not convinced he will unless something further drama-wise happens regarding ESL.

I think they're waiting to see how things will develop. How severe the sanctions could be, if there will be any sanctions at all.
It won't be easy to sacrifice Gazidis. A friend of Singers, the CEO of Milan, on a big expensive contract. He could drag everyone down with him if he wants. They'd need to part ways on good terms.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Football has become business the day Silvio Berlusconi put his signature on a paper that made him the new Milan owner. Maybe even before.

And what a business!

Even down to the smaller clubs in all the big leagues. Today I thought about the likes of Sassuolo or Fiorentina. Or even Torino. The ones who went bananas because of the three big clubs wanting to create their own league to cope with the devastating financial situation they are living in. Moaning about missing meritocracy and rising greed.

If that's no hypocrisy, I don't know what is.

Take Fiorentina for example. Take Vlahovic. A youth product from them, playing his first full season with the adults. "You want him? Yeah how about you pay us 40M?" Or Milenkovic. A perfectly decent player who hasn't won shit and is currently battling relegation. "Milenkovic? Yeah that's another 40M for you". But then, when they want to buy our players, like Sassuolo: "Locatelli? 12M, okay? Good price for someone that young and with zero experience". Two years later: "Si, Juventus wants him? Tell'em it's 40M or feck off!" What has Locatelli exactly achieved since then? Has he really become that much better?

I mean seriously, WTF?

It's true that there are many clubs who overspend without thinking twice. But there are also many small clubs demanding crazy shit for their jewels because that's how the very same business is they helped to create. And on top of that you have players doing the same shit. Donnarumma demanding 10M or even more, at 21 years of age, Hakan 7M... how about first secure that god damn CL before event hinking about such demands? Oh and the player's agents. The Raiolas of this world. FUCK ME I can't anymore!

See, all those players who went out to bash on ESL. The Liverpool players. The Dortmund players. Yeah how about cutting your salaries by a couple of millions if this is truly all about sport and not business!? Oh you poor bastards you. "Stolen by the rich", right? Speaking of the rich. Have you heared Guardiolas words? That he doesn't support any system that isn't based on meritocracy? WELL THEN FUCKING RESIGN FROM MAN CITY IF THAT IS WHAT YOU REALLY THINK! City who shouldn't even play this CL and now is probably even going to win it!

Hypocrites wherever you look, god dammit!

But you know what's the best part of all this "football is for the people"-BS? How about that club called AC Milan who tries to keep the costs in check, who only pays what they think a player is really worth and no damn cent more? The club that by doing so ends up being one of the least indebted big clubs in europes big leagues but therefore can't but start Meite against Sassuolo when the starter is injured and subbing in Krunic in the 70th minute when we need to make a push?

The fans, the people, get mad. They start to riot. To call for the managements heads. Only because we didn't buy new shiny toys. It's on the big clubs their putting the pressure to get a Messi, Mbapp? or Neymar every year no matter what and paying them royaly, not on the small clubs who ask for 100M for a Bellotti after one or two good seasons.

Isn't that ironic?

I'm so fed up with this shit.

LocalHero80

The other side of Ba
Reaction score
Football is not business is the most laughable thing I keep hearing these days. Guess UEFA did a great job with hypnotizing the masses.

stevan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Take Fiorentina for example. Take Vlahovic. A youth product from them, playing his first full season with the adults. "You want him? Yeah how about you pay us 40M?" Or Milenkovic. A perfectly decent player who hasn't won shit and is currently battling relegation. "Milenkovic? Yeah that's another 40M for you". But then, when they want to buy our players, like Sassuolo: "Locatelli? 12M, okay? Good price for someone that young and with zero experience". Two years later: "Si, Juventus wants him? Tell'em it's 40M or feck off!" What has Locatelli exactly achieved since then? Has he really become that much better?

I mean seriously, WTF?

It's true that there are many clubs who overspend without thinking twice. But there are also many small clubs demanding crazy shit for their jewels because that's how the very same business is they helped to create. And on top of that you have players doing the same shit. Donnarumma demanding 10M or even more, at 21 years of age, Hakan 7M... how about first secure that god damn CL before event hinking about such demands? Oh and the player's agents. The Raiolas of this world. FUCK ME I can't anymore!

See, all those players who went out to bash on ESL. The Liverpool players. The Dortmund players. Yeah how about cutting your salaries by a couple of millions if this is truly all about sport and not business!? Oh you poor bastards you. "Stolen by the rich", right? Speaking of the rich. Have you heared Guardiolas words? That he doesn't support any system that isn't based on meritocracy? WELL THEN FUCKING RESIGN FROM MAN CITY IF THAT IS WHAT YOU REALLY THINK! City who shouldn't even play this CL and now is probably even going to win it!

But you know what's the best part of all this "football is for the people"-BS? How about that club called AC Milan who tries to keep the costs in check, who only pays what they think a player is really worth and no damn cent more? The club that by doing so ends up being one of the least indebted big clubs in europes big leagues but therefore can't but start Meite against Sassuolo when the starter is injured and subbing in Krunic in the 70th minute when we need to make a push?

The fans, the people, get mad. They start to riot. To call for the managements heads. Only because we didn't buy new shiny toys. It's on the big clubs their putting the pressure to get a Messi, Mbapp? or Neymar every year no matter what and paying them royaly, not on the small clubs who ask for 100M for a Bellotti after one or two good seasons.

Isn't that ironic?

The value of a player is not determined by the selling club but by the club buying him.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
PS: Oh and let's not even start with Fifa, who sold a world championsship to the ones who probably own PSG and have their hands in Bayern, two of three big clubs not wanting to be involved in ESL. What were the odds, right? And while they are playing saints, talking about noble shit and football is for the people, thousends of those very same people are dying building their god damn stadiums.

FUCK ME this really makes me sick and depressed.

jawz10

Milinkovic Savage
Reaction score
Human, naturally.

Also very emo. We lost I'm so depressed and devasted. :(( Get a grip. Disappointed..fine. depressed? If true go get help and stop watching something that makes you depressed. It's a dangerous thing to perpetuate and not something to exaggerate.
Please, just stop. This kind of macho nonsense is why people go so long without sharing how things make them feel. The world we live in is full of pain, loss, devastation, etc... you don?t know what the person typing these words is going through in their life. AC Milan can be seen as an escape from these kinds of difficulties, and when you follow something for so long and hope for something positive to happen to see it crumble in front of you it can spark a feeling of depression. Again, you don?t know what the person behind their computer is going through, you?re judging them based purely on what they?ve shared, just be kind.

LocalHero80

The other side of Ba
Reaction score
Football has become business the day Silvio Berlusconi put his signature on a paper that made him the new Milan owner. Maybe even before.

And what a business!

Even down to the smaller clubs in all the big leagues. Today I thought about the likes of Sassuolo or Fiorentina. Or even Torino. The ones who went bananas because of the three big clubs wanting to create their own league to cope with the devastating financial situation they are living in. Moaning about missing meritocracy and rising greed.

If that's no hypocrisy, I don't know what is.

I mean seriously, WTF?

Isn't that ironic?

the fans whining about all this are the ones that protest the ticket prices...

beegees

I have Ph.D in Algorithm
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Francesco Acerbi, Bakaye Traore, Kevin Constant
?There?s no room for business in football.?

Lol

Raiola & Donnarumma reaction when people said there's no room for business in football

0MApLJw_700wa_0.gif

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The value of a player is not determined by the selling club but by the club buying him.

This is BS and you know it.

You can go that route and not buying in when small clubs make their demands. Fair enough. But then you get the pressure and hate from your own fans, your most important capital after all. We are the best example. How many times did we read here fuck Elliott, fuck Gazidis, cheap fuckers, go home, Pioli out, why Meite, what is Krunic, how can we still play Castillejo, and and and.

This is how the game is. We're all part of it. We all helped to create it. From the overspending big clubs to the overdemanding small clubs to the demanding fans to the greedy players and players agents to the UEFA to the FIFA and so on.

Let's not pretend otherwise. "Football is for the people" my ass. I can't bear more of this falsehood.

beegees

I have Ph.D in Algorithm
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Francesco Acerbi, Bakaye Traore, Kevin Constant
Milan: Super League is a must as we're not making much revenue, especially in these dire times.

Also Milan: We're proud to announce a renewal of 7.5M salary to a 40 year old, who's missing more games than he plays, before we've even guaranteed a CL spot.

Because fuck logic!

Maldini stopped Gazidis from discussing the Super League but open the door wide open for Raiola & his clients.

PM0aaRL_700wa_0.gif

stevan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
This is BS and you know it.

You can go that route and not buying in when small clubs make their demands. Fair enough. But then you get the pressure and hate from your own fans, your most important capital after all. We are the best example. How many times did we read here fuck Elliott, fuck Gazidis, cheap fuckers, go home, Pioli out, why Meite, what is Krunic, how can we still play Castillejo, and and and.

This is how the game is. We're all part of it. We all helped to create it. From the overspending big clubs to the overdemanding small clubs to the demanding fans to the greedy players and players agents to the UEFA to the FIFA and so on.

Let's not pretend otherwise. "Football is for the people" my ass. I can't bear more of this falsehood.

I'm not necessarily disputing your other points, just pointing out that it's the buying clubs that set the final price of a player. We can request all we want for our players but if no club is willing to pay it, then we need to lower the price. The same goes for buying players.

For the history we have and for how many world class players played for our club, it's ridiculous that we haven't had more high profile sales. Even our Thiago Silva, Ibra and Kaka sales were considerably lower than what we could have gotten for those players.

This club often sold when we needed to, which the buying clubs used to lower the price. And we have often bought in the last minute, which the selling clubs used against us.

Tantalis

Heyoka
Reaction score
Please, just stop. This kind of macho nonsense is why people go so long without sharing how things make them feel. The world we live in is full of pain, loss, devastation, etc... you don?t know what the person typing these words is going through in their life. AC Milan can be seen as an escape from these kinds of difficulties, and when you follow something for so long and hope for something positive to happen to see it crumble in front of you it can spark a feeling of depression. Again, you don?t know what the person behind their computer is going through, you?re judging them based purely on what they?ve shared, just be kind.

Has nothing to do with being macho and everything to do with doing the obvious. If your "escape" makes you depressed then find another escape because it's not working. Yes we all have hurdles, deal with them properly. Go get help, look within for the willpower to overcome, do some kind of art to give your subconscious thought a way out. Don't fucking sit here whining about losing to sassuolo 2-1. That's not depressing. It's pathetic. A complete lack of emotional control and responsibility to do the things that actually need to be done to combat depression.

Last edited:

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
My guess is posters are misusing the term “depression” to describe the saddies after a rough week for their club.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I'm not necessarily disputing your other points, just pointing out that it's the buying clubs that set the final price of a player. We can request all we want for our players but if no club is willing to pay it, then we need to lower the price. The same goes for buying players.

For the history we have and for how many world class players played for our club, it's ridiculous that we haven't had more high profile sales. Even our Thiago Silva, Ibra and Kaka sales were considerably lower than what we could have gotten for those players.

This club often sold when we needed to, which the buying clubs used to lower the price. And we have often bought in the last minute, which the selling clubs used against us.

While I agree with basically all your points and errors commited by this or our past two managements - the point I wanted to make with my rant was about all that falsehood that came up in the past few days and got pictured as the "people vs. greed"-fight of the century :).

The ESL may have been super flawed, but at least the creators never made any secret about it being all about business. Sugar coated? Hell, yes. But I have read so much more hypocricy from the opposing sides to be perfectly honest.

yungfreddy

Banned
Reaction score
I chose to share the knowledge with you because you seem to need it the most.
The percentage of walking/jogging determine the amount of km covered in 90 mins.
Meite covers less ground than Kessie because he rests/walks more often.
That makes Kessie more energetic - capable of being the teams' engine, unlike Meite.

As for Leao, there are players that accomplish way more while covering less ground.
When they press, they do it properly. They pick the right moments to run. They walk with positional awareness.
Leao has the energy of a veteran and the awareness of a U15 player.

Nice essay....didnt read:lol:

Peanutbrained fodder dont talk to me please ty u can offer ur essays about 'eneegetic players' nd about pioliball or samuball to some other unlucky guy

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
reading Ceferin's lines makes me think he's the most disgusting and spiteful human being among the living lol and that he's never been loved by mom and dad

This guy gets it :thumbsup:
The WORST thing about opposing the SL is the default support of UEFA

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
My guess is posters are misusing the term ?depression? to describe the saddies after a rough week for their club.

Thanks for putting it in the right words.

Tantalis, you're a good man but you know exactly how people here meant the words. No need to claim the moral highground for yourself. This has been a rough week for the fans. If we didn't care so much we wouldn't still be here after 10 years of misery and crumbled hopes.

This has nothing to do with being pathetic. Some are emotionaly more invested than others. It's okay. You don't have to agree with them.

Tantalis

Heyoka
Reaction score
Thanks for putting it in the right words.

Tantalis, you're a good man but you know exactly how people here meant the words. No need to claim the moral highground for yourself. This has been a rough week for the fans. If we didn't care so much we wouldn't still be here after 10 years of misery and crumbled hopes.

This has nothing to do with being pathetic. Some are emotionaly more invested than others. It's okay. You don't have to agree with them.

No I don't know exactly what they mean. When someone says I'm actually depressed. I'm going to assume they are speaking the truth. And if they are depressed over the loss then they simply should not put themselves in the position and with such expectation that when it doesn't go their way that it affects their normal day and normal self to the point of depression. It's irresponsible for one to continually put themselves in that position. Take the lesson within there and any hurdle becomes easier.

jawz10

Milinkovic Savage
Reaction score
I think that some people may use the word depression when describing their disaapointment at something thats happened. Thats fine.

I also think some people may actually be describing a feeling of depression, that doesn?t have everything to do with their chosen soccer club or sports team, but can be exacerbated by it. Thats also fine.

I don?t understand the need to criticize how people feel- that is instead of using these forums as a way of finding kindred spirits in their joy or dissapointment. Guess I?m weird that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.